Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10
In the post season Belfry's opponents were 38-12 and Pulaski's were 32-19.
Once again not a big difference and Pulaski had to play the only nationaly ranked team in the tournament and probably the #1 team in the state so again I just don't see it.:popcorn:
irishcard16 Wrote:Still waiting for that Bell Co evidence Dogg, you won't have much argument from us "sensible" Belfry fans on the Pulaski Co argument, but I would like to see something to back up your Bell Co stance.
I don't have any way to get all that information on Belfry or Bell in the last 10 years or all time. We have some stat nuts on BGR who could probably dig it all up but I would not even know where to start. I would say that everything from state championships to district and region championships to wins are pretty dang close with Bell and Belfry in the last 10 years and in the all time stats. I think you would be surprised.
You are beating a dead horse Dogg...No one is saying Belfry is better than Pulaski County...give it a rest...get some sleep...
Ok here we go. This is all I got and I'm not going any deeper.
Belfry is 106-23 with one championship in 2013 in 3a.
Bell is 100-20 with one championship in 2008 in 4a.

Those are from the 2005 season to now, 10 years. We will see how both teams year goes this season. I would put my money on Bell with the fact that they have a more senior team then Belfry this season. Like I said it is very close and some people from Belfry (not all) but some are so blinded by all of Belfry's glory that they don't take time to notice that other teams in the mountain area are playing some very good ball and have just as good and storied program as they do. I don't know how the all time numbers for the two programs stack up but I would not be suprised if those aren't just as close if not tipping a little in Bells favor. I dont know what the district and region championships look like for the two teams but if you want to know look it up.:popcorn:
bucslover68 Wrote:You are beating a dead horse Dogg...No one is saying Belfry is better than Pulaski County...give it a rest...get some sleep...

:popcorn:Confusednicker:
Just having some fun till Friday night. I can't get some sleep, I'm at work lol.
Do-double-gg Wrote::popcorn:Confusednicker:
Just having some fun till Friday night. I can't get some sleep, I'm at work lol.

Me too...working way too much...But Dogg how convenient you leave out the 2003 and 2004 seasons...hmmm...awww that's ok!!! I will give you credit, you like to jab at Belfry and you love your football...I can handle that...
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't have any way to get all that information on Belfry or Bell in the last 10 years or all time. We have some stat nuts on BGR who could probably dig it all up but I would not even know where to start. I would say that everything from state championships to district and region championships to wins are pretty dang close with Bell and Belfry in the last 10 years and in the all time stats. I think you would be surprised.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/

Now you do...

Formulate your argument and I'll be your huckleberry.
:thatsfunn

:popcorn:
Do-double-gg Wrote:Ok here we go. This is all I got and I'm not going any deeper.
Belfry is 106-23 with one championship in 2013 in 3a.
Bell is 100-20 with one championship in 2008 in 4a.

Those are from the 2005 season to now, 10 years. We will see how both teams year goes this season. I would put my money on Bell with the fact that they have a more senior team then Belfry this season. Like I said it is very close and some people from Belfry (not all) but some are so blinded by all of Belfry's glory that they don't take time to notice that other teams in the mountain area are playing some very good ball and have just as good and storied program as they do. I don't know how the all time numbers for the two programs stack up but I would not be suprised if those aren't just as close if not tipping a little in Bells favor. I dont know what the district and region championships look like for the two teams but if you want to know look it up.:popcorn:

I would say the vast majority of Belfry fans acknowledge there are other good teams... I know I certainly do... but over the Past 10 years there is little doubt Belfry has been the collective bell cow program of the mountains and to be honest it is not even close.

What your stats don't show is this, first of all to be fair the past decade would be from the 2004 season until the present. I know you conveniently wanted to leave that off for a reason Big Grin but we have to include 2004. I wish we could do 2003 as well, but I'll play fair HAHA

Bell Since 2004:
2004: 12-2, Semi-Finals, Losses to Highlands (State Champs) and Pburg. Considered by many to be one of the best Bell teams of all time... but that Pburg team that beat them Belfry beat twice
2005: 10-3, Losses to Knoxville Central, Henry Clay, and Rockcastle
2006: 9-3, Losses to Henry Clay, Rockcastle X 2
2007: 12-1, Loss to LexCath (State Champs)
2008: 15-0, State Champs
2009: 12-2, Semi-Finals, Losses to Alcoa TN (State Champs) and Boyle County (State Champs)
2010: 13-1, Semi-Finals, Loss to Boyle County (State Champs)
2011: 11-2, Losses to Central (State Champs) and LexCath
2012: 10-3, Losses to Central (State Champs), Harlan County, and LexCath
2013: 7-5, Losses to South Pitt (TN), Middlesboro, Wayne Co, Harlan Co, and Central

1 State Title
1 Final Appearance
4 Regional Titles

Belfry Since 2004:
2004: 14-1, State Championship, Loss to Ironton OH
2005: 11-3, Semi-Finals, Losses to Henry Clay, Ironton, and Russell (State Champ)
2006: 11-3, Semi-Finals, Losses to Sheldon Clark, Ashland, and Russell
2007: 14-1, Runner-Up, Loss to Central (State Champs)
2008: 13-1, Semi-Finals, Loss to Breathitt
2009: 8-4, Losses to Pburg, Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, and Ashland
2010: 10-5, Runner-Up, Losses to Central (State Champs), Johnson Central, Sheldon Clark, Ashland, and Pburg
2011: 13-2, Runner-Up, Losses to Central (State Champs) and Johnson Central
2012: 12-3, Runner-Up, Losses to Central (State Champs), Ashland, and Henry Clay
2013: 14-1, State Champs, Loss to Johnson Central

2 State Titles
6 Finals Appearances
9 Regional Titles

The Case For Bell:
- It's all about "Who they lost to". Bell has had the misfortune of playing some very good teams in their path... 6 Times their playoff run was ended by the eventual State Champion... Belfry by comparison though isn't far off though...having their run stopped short 5 Times by the eventual Champion

- Bell had a dominant stretch where they were clearly the best team in EKY in 2008, 2009, and 2010 . Absolutely no denying that. The problem though is those are the only 3 years you can make that case..

- Bell may have had the best team in the past decade. That 15-0 team was legit and though Belfry 2004 is very close..you have to give Bell the edge for the best individual team of the past decade

The Case For Belfry:
- It's All About the Hardware and that is what you play for anyway. Twice the Titles. 6-1 Finals Appearances. More than double the regional titles. This alone says all you need to know.

- Bell had a dominant 3 year run, but the other 6 of 7 years it is hard to argue against Belfry having the best team. 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, and 2013 clearly swing in Belfry's favor..... 2005 I would consider a dead ringer toss-up.

- Coaching Continuity has to be accounted for as well especially when dealing with the present. Hilton was vital to the Bell run but he is gone and they have not even really sniffed that dominance since he retired... very good teams... but more the product of a single elite wave of talent with the right coach whereas Belfry has sustained success throughout the decade.

Additional Points:
- Along with the Bell dominant run was the mythical "King of the Mountains" Bell self appointed where they went essentially 3 or 4 years without losing to a Mountain team. The kicker though was they never played Belfry during that stretch

- Both teams are O-For-Central... but Belfr has certainly played them a little bit tighter.

- Henry Clay has owned both teams surprisingly, but Belfry has at least beat the Devils.

- Bell hasn't lost to EKY teams as much as Belfry. Bell has 7 losses to Mountain Teams whereas Belfry has 10. Bell though has not played neither Johnson Central or Pburg (Definite Top 5 EKY programs), or for that matter Breathitt County (Top 7 EKY Program) to the same frequency as Belfry.

Bottom line is there is no denying that Bell would have ate Belfry's lunch in a few years and their competition in the playoffs has been pretty stout, but you measure programs based off of success and wins when the time matters and there is absolutely no argument Belfry dominates that category.
Bottom line. You better have your shit together If you want to debate with EKUAlum05.

Smile

You da man EKU.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Bottom line. You better have your shit together If you want to debate with EKUAlum05.

Smile

You da man EKU.

he is like one of the best school teachers. get him started and just sit back and do nothing while he throws the stats out there and gives you a history lesson. Confusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I would say the vast majority of Belfry fans acknowledge there are other good teams... I know I certainly do... but over the Past 10 years there is little doubt Belfry has been the collective bell cow program of the mountains and to be honest it is not even close.

What your stats don't show is this, first of all to be fair the past decade would be from the 2004 season until the present. I know you conveniently wanted to leave that off for a reason Big Grin but we have to include 2004. I wish we could do 2003 as well, but I'll play fair HAHA

Bell Since 2004:
2004: 12-2, Semi-Finals, Losses to Highlands (State Champs) and Pburg. Considered by many to be one of the best Bell teams of all time... but that Pburg team that beat them Belfry beat twice
2009: 12-2, Semi-Finals, Losses to Alcoa TN (State Champs) and Boyle County (State Champs)
2013: 7-5, Losses to South Pitt (TN), Middlesboro, Wayne Co, Harlan Co, and Central

1 State Title
1 Final Appearance
4 Regional Titles

Belfry Since 2004:
2005: 11-3, Semi-Finals, Losses to Henry Clay, Ironton, and Russell (State Champ)
2010: 10-5, Runner-Up, Losses to Central (State Champs), Johnson Central, Sheldon Clark, Ashland, and Pburg
2012: 12-3, Runner-Up, Losses to Central (State Champs), Ashland, and Henry Clay

2 State Titles
6 Finals Appearances
9 Regional Titles

The Case For Bell:
- It's all about "Who they lost to". Bell has had the misfortune of playing some very good teams in their path... 6 Times their playoff run was ended by the eventual State Champion... Belfry by comparison though isn't far off though...having their run stopped short 5 Times by the eventual Champion

- Bell had a dominant stretch where they were clearly the best team in EKY in 2008, 2009, and 2010 . Absolutely no denying that. The problem though is those are the only 3 years you can make that case..

- Bell may have had the best team in the past decade. That 15-0 team was legit and though Belfry 2004 is very close..you have to give Bell the edge for the best individual team of the past decade

The Case For Belfry:
- It's All About the Hardware and that is what you play for anyway. Twice the Titles. 6-1 Finals Appearances. More than double the regional titles. This alone says all you need to know.

- Bell had a dominant 3 year run, but the other 6 of 7 years it is hard to argue against Belfry having the best team. 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, and 2013 clearly swing in Belfry's favor..... 2005 I would consider a dead ringer toss-up.

- Coaching Continuity has to be accounted for as well especially when dealing with the present. Hilton was vital to the Bell run but he is gone and they have not even really sniffed that dominance since he retired... very good teams... but more the product of a single elite wave of talent with the right coach whereas Belfry has sustained success throughout the decade.

Additional Points:
- Along with the Bell dominant run was the mythical "King of the Mountains" Bell self appointed where they went essentially 3 or 4 years without losing to a Mountain team. The kicker though was they never played Belfry during that stretch

- Both teams are O-For-Central... but Belfr has certainly played them a little bit tighter.

- Henry Clay has owned both teams surprisingly, but Belfry has at least beat the Devils.

- Bell hasn't lost to EKY teams as much as Belfry. Bell has 7 losses to Mountain Teams whereas Belfry has 10. Bell though has not played neither Johnson Central or Pburg (Definite Top 5 EKY programs), or for that matter Breathitt County (Top 7 EKY Program) to the same frequency as Belfry.

Bottom line is there is no denying that Bell would have ate Belfry's lunch in a few years and their competition in the playoffs has been pretty stout, but you measure programs based off of success and wins when the time matters and there is absolutely no argument Belfry dominates that category.

Bell beat JC in 2009-2010 and lost to Pburg in 2004.
Amped 88 Wrote:Bell beat JC in 2009-2010 and lost to Pburg in 2004.

"to the same frequency as Belfry."
Didn't Bell County go several years without losing to a team in the mountains until Harlan County came back and beat them when they opened their new field.

I understand Belfry has been great... but there was a few years where Bell County was really untouchable.

"Ring the bell for Dudley"

I think Belfry is the most consistent and I would give the nod to them - With Bell County's stretch being the best 3 or 4 year stretch of football in the mountains in recent memory.
zaga_fan Wrote:Didn't Bell County go several years without losing to a team in the mountains until Harlan County came back and beat them when they opened their new field.

I understand Belfry has been great... but there was a few years where Bell County was really untouchable.

"Ring the bell for Dudley"

I think Belfry is the most consistent and I would give the nod to them - With Bell County's stretch being the best 3 or 4 year stretch of football in the mountains in recent memory.

I agree and mentioned that in my post.... and Bell did have their run where they beat every mountain team which was a special run...but at the same time the one mountain team they never played during that stretch was Belfry. (Although to be fair I will say in 2008, 2009, and 2010 I think Bell would have also beat Belfry even if they did play)
zaga_fan Wrote:I think Belfry is the most consistent and I would give the nod to them - With Bell County's stretch being the best 3 or 4 year stretch of football in the mountains in recent memory.

As for this statement.... that can be argued.

Belfry has done something the past 4 years that has never happened in Mountain History aside from the old Lynch teams... 4 Straight Trips to the State Finals.

For as impressive as Bell was in that stretch against fellow Mountain Teams...it only resulted in one trip to the Carpet.

I would be much more apt to name Pikeville's 3 Peat in 87,88,89 or Breathitt's Run of 95,96,97 (2 State Titles) as even more impressive

Personally:
1. Pikeville's Run... not sure we will ever see another Mountain 3 Peat
2. Belfry's Run... Equally so is 4 Straight Trips to the Finals that may very well become 5 this year
3. Breathitt's Run- 2 Titles and a muddy upset away from possibly going on to #3
4. Bell's Run- Would have been more impressive but they had Boyle and LexCath
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I would say the vast majority of Belfry fans acknowledge there are other good teams... I know I certainly do... but over the Past 10 years there is little doubt Belfry has been the collective bell cow program of the mountains and to be honest it is not even close.

Bell Since 2004:

1 State Title
1 Final Appearance
4 Regional Titles

Belfry Since 2004:

2 State Titles
6 Finals Appearances
9 Regional Titles

The Case For Bell:

The Case For Belfry:

Additional Points:

All you need to know is that Bell was in the West with much more competition. So Belfry gets the nod because they lost to the State Champion in the Finals rather than Bell losing to them during Region or Semi-Finals? Really, if Central is playing in the East for that span Bell probably has 3 runner-ups while Belfry is out in Region or Semi-Finals. Look at the records, those same years that Belfry was losing in the Finals Bell had lost to the same team or eventual state champion. Yet, Belfry dominates... You're better than that analysis. I can't stand Bell County and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they NEVER won another game, but some of your logic is flawed.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:As for this statement.... that can be argued.

Belfry has done something the past 4 years that has never happened in Mountain History aside from the old Lynch teams... 4 Straight Trips to the State Finals.

For as impressive as Bell was in that stretch against fellow Mountain Teams...it only resulted in one trip to the Carpet.

I would be much more apt to name Pikeville's 3 Peat in 87,88,89 or Breathitt's Run of 95,96,97 (2 State Titles) as even more impressive

Personally:
2. Belfry's Run... Equally so is 4 Straight Trips to the Finals that may very well become 5 this year
3. Breathitt's Run- 2 Titles and a muddy upset away from possibly going on to #3

That's because they were a mountain team playing in the West Bracket or they could have had 4 straight Finals Appearances...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:All you need to know is that Bell was in the West with much more competition. So Belfry gets the nod because they lost to the State Champion in the Finals rather than Bell losing to them during Region or Semi-Finals? Really, if Central is playing in the East for that span Bell probably has 3 runner-ups while Belfry is out in Region or Semi-Finals. Look at the records, those same years that Belfry was losing in the Finals Bell had lost to the same team or eventual state champion. Yet, Belfry dominates... You're better than that analysis. I can't stand Bell County and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they NEVER won another game, but some of your logic is flawed.

I was hoping someone would bring this up. First of all I never said anything about dominated..but did point Belfry has a clear edge.

The competition in the West was stronger? How so? Who was Bell playing those years before Central that was so strong?

In 2011 Bell beat a winless Etown and a mediocre Wayne County who wasn't even a Top 15 team in 3A that year. They then lost 26-0 to Central

In 2011 Belfry's playoff path consisted of also beating a 13-0 Breathitt County team (Ranked #3 that year) and a red hot Garrard team that was a Top 10 team on the road. Belfry then lost 15-14 to Central in a game that was a complete tossup. Not only did Belfry play Central much better than Bell, they actually validated their path by beating teams to get to that game.

In 2012 Bell beat a 1-10 Etown then a 6-6 mediocre Larue County before HOSTING a Central team that was missing their starting QB and RB. They lost 14-10.

Belfry beat a 13-0 Breathitt (Ranked #4) and then beat a 14-0 Bourbon County (Ranked #5) before literally losing to Central on a missed XP on a Neutral Field. Once again.. Belfry earned a meeting with Central by beating two of the better teams in 3A..Bell cake walked into their matchup. Oh how Belfry would have loved to play Central missing their top two playmakers at CAM Stadium.

In 2013 do we really even need to address and compare a down Bell team with the 3A State Champs?

Bell once again beat up on Etown before losing to the weakest Central team of the past 6 or 7 years. Belfry defeated a 13-0 Bourbon County (Ranked #3) and then beat the #2 14-0 Wayne County team who had not only beat Central..but waxed Bell in the regular season 41-6.

Are there a higher quantity of 3A's better teams on the West side? Definitely!

But that isn't a factor in this debate whatsoever because Bell wasn't playing those teams. All we can judge is that Bell played Central those years and in both cases where both teams played Central Belfry gets the edge for the matchup... and then 2013 is a no brainer.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:That's because they were a mountain team playing in the West Bracket or they could have had 4 straight Finals Appearances...

Bell would not have played within 4 TD's of Bourbon last year

Bell would have lost to both Garrard and Breathitt in 2011

Bell vs. Breathitt in 2012 would have been a tossup.. think they would have beat Bourbon though

I would be much more apt to name Pikeville's 3 Peat in 87, 88, 89 or Breathitt's Run of 95,96,97 (2 State Titles) as even more impressive

Personally:

This is the best mountain sports accomplishment in history.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed

Personally:

My "recent memory" is probably a little different that yours lol
I was born in 1987.

I was just talking about since the turn of the century really... although I remember Breathitt's run vividly.

Again - I don't want to take anything away from this run that Belfry is on right now because they always beat whomever is in front of them on the way to the title and they can't do anything about who they play in the playoffs.

But I just think the road for a team over here in 3A to get to the championship game just isn't the same as what it would have been for Bell to make it to the finals.

You outlined that in your post about how Bell was beaten by better teams - so I know this isn't news to anyone.
What does Pikeville have returning this year?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I was hoping someone would bring this up. First of all I never said anything about dominated..but did point Belfry has a clear edge.

The competition in the West was stronger? How so? Who was Bell playing those years before Central that was so strong?

In 2011 Bell beat a winless Etown and a mediocre Wayne County who wasn't even a Top 15 team in 3A that year. They then lost 26-0 to Central

In 2011 Belfry's playoff path consisted of also beating a 13-0 Breathitt County team (Ranked #3 that year) and a red hot Garrard team that was a Top 10 team on the road. Belfry then lost 15-14 to Central in a game that was a complete tossup. Not only did Belfry play Central much better than Bell, they actually validated their path by beating teams to get to that game.

In 2012 Bell beat a 1-10 Etown then a 6-6 mediocre Larue County before HOSTING a Central team that was missing their starting QB and RB. They lost 14-10.

Belfry beat a 13-0 Breathitt (Ranked #4) and then beat a 14-0 Bourbon County (Ranked #5) before literally losing to Central on a missed XP on a Neutral Field. Once again.. Belfry earned a meeting with Central by beating two of the better teams in 3A..Bell cake walked into their matchup. Oh how Belfry would have loved to play Central missing their top two playmakers at CAM Stadium.

In 2013 do we really even need to address and compare a down Bell team with the 3A State Champs?

Bell once again beat up on Etown before losing to the weakest Central team of the past 6 or 7 years. Belfry defeated a 13-0 Bourbon County (Ranked #3) and then beat the #2 14-0 Wayne County team who had not only beat Central..but waxed Bell in the regular season 41-6.

Are there a higher quantity of 3A's better teams on the West side? Definitely!

But that isn't a factor in this debate whatsoever because Bell wasn't playing those teams. All we can judge is that Bell played Central those years and in both cases where both teams played Central Belfry gets the edge for the matchup... and then 2013 is a no brainer.

First of all I'm not trying to argue, I respect all your posts and find great insight in most. However, we just don't share the same opinion on this topic. Below is a list of the road these teams had in the playoffs. You can't talk about Bell playing weak and act like Belfry Didn't either.

Bell 2010 Belfry 2010
Boyd 1-10 West Carter 7-4
Lawrenece 9-3 Mason 10-2
Knox Central 10-3 Russell 7-6
Boyle 15-0 Somerset 13-1

Bell 2011 Belfry 2011
E'town 0-11 Jackson 1-10
Wayne 9-3 Lawrence 5-7
Central (Champs) Breathitt 12-1

Bell 2012 Belfry 2012
E'town 1-10 KCC 2-9
Larue 6-6 Lawrence 5-7

I personally would rather have Belfry's path each of these years. That's why I stated I wouldn't consider it more impressive that they have more Semi or Finals appearances during those years. When if they switched places Belfry wouldn't have a Region Championship for those years. It is what it is I guess I'm just looking at it from a different perspective.
I don't usually debate with ekualum05
But when I do I bring a team of statisticians and 3 notebooks.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Pulaski County
Aug 23, 13 Somerset away (W) 41 - 13 Click
Aug 30, 13 Montgomery County away (W) 38 - 7 Click
Sep 6, 13 North Hardin at Southwestern (W) 57 - 35 Click
Sep 13, 13 Russell County home (W) 49 - 21 Click
Sep 20, 13 Rockcastle County away (W) 54 - 14 Click
Sep 27, 13 Lincoln County home (W) 61 - 35 Click
Oct 4, 13 North Laurel home (W) 42 - 26 Click
Oct 11, 13 Madison Southern away (W) 21 - 18 Click
Oct 18, 13 South Laurel away (W) 39 - 0 Click
Oct 25, 13 Southwestern

Belfry
Aug 30, 13 Somerset home (W) 37 - 12 Click
Sep 6, 13 Harlan County away (W) 21 - 12 Click
Sep 13, 13 Southwestern away (W) 38 - 27 Click
Sep 20, 13 Pikeville home (W) 56 - 20 Click
Sep 27, 13 Sheldon Clark away (W) 49 - 6 Click
Oct 4, 13 Gallia Academy, OH home (W) 41 - 19 Click
Oct 11, 13 Christian Academy of Knoxville, TN away (W) 27 - 21 Click
Oct 18, 13 Lawrence County home (W) 35 - 12 Click
Oct 25, 13 Pike County Central away (W) 56 - 34 Click
Nov 1, 13 Johnson Central home (L) 56-34

Belfry's opponents had a combined record of 54-46 last year and Pulaski had 50-50 in the regular season. Not a lot of difference and the big reason Belfry has a little advantage is because of one team Johnson Central with their perfect regular season record but you got to take into consideration that Belfry lost to JC in a big way and Pulaski was perfect. Also Pulaski played bigger schools. Some act like Belfry had a hard schedule and much harder then Pulaski's but I just don't see it. Show me some numbers.:popcorn:

They were about even on level of competition. But will Belfry be better this year than last year because Pulaski definitely will. Pulaski opponents will have a much better record this year as well. Corbin will win a lot of games and Pulaski even scheduled bowling green!
I dislike Pulaski County for the most part but denying that they will be deadly to eky teams this year is lying to yourself. After Pulaski and belfry and maybe Johnson central the talent drops off considerably.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:"to the same frequency as Belfry."

Not sure why he was trying to hang a hat on 2 wins against JC in 09 and 10. Not sure what you are hinting at either, but the way I read your comment is that Belfry beat them in those years, which they did not. Either way, Belfry has been king dick for the past 10 years and for someone to say otherwise is foolish.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:First of all I'm not trying to argue, I respect all your posts and find great insight in most. However, we just don't share the same opinion on this topic. Below is a list of the road these teams had in the playoffs. You can't talk about Bell playing weak and act like Belfry Didn't either.

Bell 2010 Belfry 2010
Boyd 1-10 West Carter 7-4
Lawrenece 9-3 Mason 10-2
Knox Central 10-3 Russell 7-6
Boyle 15-0 Somerset 13-1

Bell 2011 Belfry 2011
E'town 0-11 Jackson 1-10
Wayne 9-3 Lawrence 5-7

Bell 2012 Belfry 2012
E'town 1-10 KCC 2-9
Larue 6-6 Lawrence 5-7

I personally would rather have Belfry's path each of these years. That's why I stated I wouldn't consider it more impressive that they have more Semi or Finals appearances during those years. When if they switched places Belfry wouldn't have a Region Championship for those years. It is what it is I guess I'm just looking at it from a different perspective.

I am not taking it as an argument...just a god ole fashioned fun debate.

The crux of my point is actually what you have left out though... Its not like Belfry just coasted until they reached the Finals...

2010:
First of all 2010 was one of the three years I gave Bell credit for earlier for having the better team. Absolutely no denying that or debating it as that was a Belfry team that drastically overachieved. I also won't even attempt to deny Bell had a tougher path that year playing in 4A. Though Belfry's playoff run that year wasn't to shabby either.. Mason County was A Top 5 team and Belfry beat them on the road... Somerset was undefeated and the #1 3A team in the State entering that game... then Belfry got skull mashed by Central.

2011:
What is missing is 12-2 Garrard County... a very, very good Garrard County team who IMHO was the 3rd best 3A team that year. To insinuate Bell had a tougher playoff path just doesn't hold water because it is about who you actually play. In 2011 Belfry played three excellent teams in the playoffs...Bell played only Central. Could Bell have made a run on the opposite end? Maybe... but all we can go off of was they lost to only good team they faced whereas Belfry beat two very good teams. To top it off Central beat Bell going away, whereas the Belfry game came down to a TD pass in the back of the endzone.

2012:
What is missing is 13-0 Bourbon County. Once again...Bell played one good team in their playoff run and lost (on their homefield with Central reeling from injuries).. Belfry meanwhile played three of the Top 5 teams in 3A and won two of them against Bourbon and Breathitt. NO team in 3A had a tougher path.

2013:
You left this one off despite putting 2010... once again Bell played one good team (Central wasn't even a Top 5 team last year IMHO) and lost... Belfry's playoff path included beating a Top 10 Pike Central, a #3 Bourbon, and a #2 Wayne County

It doesn't matter if 7 of the 10 best teams are in the West if you don't play them... meanwhile Belfry has not only been playing some of the bets teams in their class in their playoff runs..they have beat them

All we know is since Bell joined 3A they are O-For-3 in the playoffs when they play a Top 5 team... Belfry, OTOH, has went 6-2. Any assumption of a win by Bell with Belfry's path is purely subjecture..whereas Belfry has proven they have earned their title wins.
Lynch47 Wrote:Not sure why he was trying to hang a hat on 2 wins against JC in 09 and 10. Not sure what you are hinting at either, but the way I read your comment is that Belfry beat them in those years, which they did not. Either way, Belfry has been king dick for the past 10 years and for someone to say otherwise is foolish.

I was alluding to the fact that Bell has fewer losses to mountain teams, but they haven't played as many of the better teams unlike Belfry.

Bell was a machine in 08, 09, and 10...but they would have the same losses to JC that Belfry has in the other years IMHO...whereas Belfry would have feasted if they replaced Johnson Central with Harlan County or in some year if Belfry would have traded Pburg for Middlesboro.
All I know is that I like having EKU in my corner when it comes to stat time!!