2 Pikeville
3 Danville
4 Williamsburg

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:07 am:

1 Beechwood
2 Pikeville
3 Danville
4 Williamsburg
What does Williamsburg return this year?? I thought they lost alot due to graduation this year?
Williamsburg does lose a few 2of which come to mind are Quarterback, Andy Greer and RB Will Hill not to mention a line of Receivers that will definitely bring this team down next year...heres my top 10
1:Beechwood
2Big Grinanville
3Tongueikeville
4:NCC
5Tongueainstville
6:Lynn Camp
7: Harlan
8:Williamsburg(sorry Jackets
9:Somerset
10:Hazard
due to the lack of competiton theres not alot i culd coushin my views on
1. Beechwood
2. Danville
3. NCC
4. Harlan
5. Pikeville
6. Somerset
7. Lynn Camp
8. Paintsville
9. Williamsburg
10.Hazard

Although I am a panther fan i dont believe that they have proved themselves good enough to be ranked that high liveMAROON
whoa whoa were on the same side. and since we are you should know that with what pikeville has returning they are one of THE teams to beat in 1A know ur facts buddy
I do know my facts and i do know, and hope, this is true but you really cant judge a team that has lost so many key players just quite yet
Is Hazard supose to be any good this year??? if they are it'll be a change from last year.
the fact of the matter is that its true they lose a star cast but they players returning to the players leaving ratio is leaning towards victory with ppl like Chase Huffman, Weston Robinson, Tylir Karter, and Casey Rowe......not to mention many teams in 1A are on a downward spiral. How can you be a fan yet have no faith in the Maroon & White
Quote:Is Hazard supose to be any good this year??? if they are it'll be a change from last year.

They play Prestonsburg in their first game of the year. So we will see then.
I believe that Pikeville will make it very far this year.....I would rank them at number three....although any higher than that...well....we'll just have to wait till' the season starts to find out.
1.Beechwood
2.Danville
3.NCC
4.Pikeville
5.Mayfield
6.Lynn Camp
7.Paintsville
8.Campbellsville
9.Somerset
10.Murray

The top 5 are heads and shoulders above the bottom 5.
They also have Ryan Maynard, Will Lockhart, John Mayo, and Brad Bryant who I think went in on special teams sometimes
I do have faith in the maroon and white im just thinking its a little to early to be ranking them that high
There is still a lot of talent in class a
1. Beechwood
2. Danville
3. NCC
4.Pikeville
5.Mayfield
6.Lynn Camp
7.Paintsville
8.Campbellsville
9.Somerset
10.Frankfort
1. Beechwood - Defending Champs, #1 til proven otherwise.
2. Danville - Although they lose Turner, they return alot of experience, they were pretty young last year.
3. NCC - From what I hear from buddies up North, NCC will be the team to beat next year.
4. Lynn Camp - Return like 18 starters from last year.
5. Pikeville - Lost some key players, but always find replacements, return a couple studs from last years Region Champ team.
6. Paintsville - Return 21 of 22 starters from last year, had a decent year last year, return 1,200 yard rusher, 980 yard rusher, and a 600 yard rusher plus their WHOLE offensive line.
7. Somerset - Return alot of players from last year, had a decent season.
8. Mayfield
9. Campbellsville
10. Frankfort[/url]
Quote:They also have Ryan Maynard, Will Lockhart, John Mayo, and Brad Bryant who I think went in on special teams sometimes
I do have faith in the maroon and white im just thinking its a little to early to be ranking them that high
There is still a lot of talent in class a

IMO they can go as high as they want because like it or not they will have a good team and they will make it as far if not farther than last year all they have to do is have someone step up at various positions...like center...they have nobody good enough for the starter slot yet but they will make sumthing work and will be back in the state semis for a rematch with the Beechies
Only time will tell, Only Time will tell.
i know mania but im a diehard hopeful

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:40 pm:

Quote:1.Beechwood
2.Danville
3.NCC
4.Pikeville
5.Mayfield
6.Lynn Camp
7.Paintsville
8.Campbellsville
9.Somerset
10.Murray
very very very nice top 10 PHSFAN
Hip-hop Box Wrote:1. Beechwood
2. Danville
3. NCC
4.Pikeville
5.Mayfield
6.Lynn Camp
7.Paintsville
8.Campbellsville
9.Somerset
10.Frankfort
This looks about right to me.
look for pikeville to really make some noise in the top 5 because it dont get no better than that
Pikeville is a top 5 team, I don't think you can rank them ahead of Danville, Beechwood and NewCath just yet. So I'd say they are a top four team.
totally agree for right now but we are going to have to wait until playoffs
A team that has not been mentioned yet that I think could make some noise is Harrodsburg. They return some talent in the skill postions and they always have a lot of speed.
very interesting output PHSFAN.........but not alot is known about them because they've been silent for the past few years
Yea they started off good last season I dont no what happend to em.
i agree it sort of like they just drifted off of the Single A radar
All of you guys are short changing Louisville Holy Cross and most are underrating Mayfield. These two teams, along with Beechwood, NCC and Danville make up the top 5.

Pikeville is no higher than 6 starting the season.

NCC was as good if not better than Beechwood talent wise last season and we all saw what Beechwood did to the Panthers. Come August, Pikeville better be much improved or they will get trounced again.

Surprised to not see Hancock County, Murray or Fairview on anybody's ballots.
Good call Guru......but i think pikeville desereves that 4 spot because with all due respect they did make it to the state semis last year......so i say they are a 4 at the start but then once the season starts we will see form there......keep in mind they have more talent returning then they do leaving
Making the semifinals does not make you one of the 4 best teams in your class, only the best team in your region. Under that logic, you'd have to rank Mayfield, Danville, Beechwood and Pikeville as your top 4 teams starting the season. (and you didn't even have Mayfield in your top 10)

Those were the 4 semifinal teams in the 2004 Class A playoff bracket.
i agree....but at the time Mayfield slipped my mind althoug they are not on my list i will revise it or just make a note of it that they will be a strong team