Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 7 on 7 monday
ArchieAdams Wrote:Lots of opposing coaches thanks to the advertising of times. Saw guys from Bell, Knox and some others I didn't recognize. Which I don't think it will help them any.

I thought we were the best team overall.

Somerset looked good, I didn't realize they were missing some players. Not having your QB is bad.

I too was really disappointed in OC, I thought they would have been better. I hope they look better tomorrow. Heard 1 of their people say that we could not be in pads yesterday and still doing 7 on 7??It was against the rules. [/B]That don't sound right to me???

Some of these coaches need to read rules more often. Once you put shoulder pads on ,no more 7-7. Teams can not go full gear till Aug. 1. Some teams are already in full gear at camps, not very smart. It is not hard to read it online, I have read it several times.
love all the trash talk. almost time for friday night lights Big Grin
No reply, well I guess many are on the phone.
Flicka Wrote:Some of these coaches need to read rules more often. Once you put shoulder pads on ,no more 7-7. Teams can not go full gear till Aug. 1. Some teams are already in full gear at camps, not very smart. It is not hard to read it online, I have read it several times.

:insane:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Ingle, Farris, Eaton, Gambrel, Lovett, Moore, and Partin are potential starters on the O-line. With Cima possibly seeing some time. Lambert, Cima, Evans, Hampton, Bennett, Reedy, and Epperson should be the rotation guys on D-line.

Ingle, Farris and Moore are seniors, Gambrel is a sophomore, other I don't know class. In all levels an experienced O line is crucial for success.
The Ingle kid has potential to be one of the best linemen not only in the mountains but the state. It's not often that you find someone his size and age that can move and is 300 pounds of good weight. I'm not saying SEC but he could be a D1 player when it's all said and done.
At the next Redhound club meeting I am proposing we start having a literacy test for our new members. Not naming any names but some need to learn to read and write instead of using little characters like 2nd graders.
ArchieAdams Wrote:At the next Redhound club meeting I am proposing we start having a literacy test for our new members. Not naming any names but some need to learn to read and write instead of using little characters like 2nd graders.

:dudecomeon: stand up and make a proposals I dare you.. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote::dudecomeon: stand up and make a proposals I dare you.. Confusednicker:

Tell him you already passed English 101 and maybe even 201.

All of this 7 on 7 talk reminds me of our intramural flag football days.
The new rules came out this summer. Lots of changes. Not sure everyone read them closely. What will be the punishment, if any? Some of the changes are crazy. They are not pushing the start of the season back, just lessening the number of practices in pads. Seems ridiculous to me. Football is played in pads, why prolong the non pad time frame? I understand for technique and form and to cut down on injuries but kids getting full pads on August 1 and playing 2 weeks later sounds dangerous to me.
ArchieAdams Wrote:At the next Redhound club meeting I am proposing we start having a literacy test for our new members. Not naming any names but some need to learn to read and write instead of using little characters like 2nd graders.

:ChairHit::gtfo:
Laker Wrote:The new rules came out this summer. Lots of changes. Not sure everyone read them closely. What will be the punishment, if any? Some of the changes are crazy. They are not pushing the start of the season back, just lessening the number of practices in pads. Seems ridiculous to me. Football is played in pads, why prolong the non pad time frame? I understand for technique and form and to cut down on injuries but kids getting full pads on August 1 and playing 2 weeks later sounds dangerous to me.

maybe they are slowly converting to two hand touch
Laker Wrote:The new rules came out this summer. Lots of changes. Not sure everyone read them closely. What will be the punishment, if any? Some of the changes are crazy. They are not pushing the start of the season back, just lessening the number of practices in pads. Seems ridiculous to me. Football is played in pads, why prolong the non pad time frame? I understand for technique and form and to cut down on injuries but kids getting full pads on August 1 and playing 2 weeks later sounds dangerous to me.

I agree the rules for practice time in Football are ridiculous. Teams playing Football have the shortest time to prepare in pads ( the way the game is played), Get real 2 weeks to practice in pads, Not enough time. Basketball starts on Oct. 15, play Dec. 1 that is 6 weeks to run up and down and throw a ball at the hoop, lol:blabbermo:flush:
Was real impressed with the Freshman QB at Corbin. My guess he is the Sizemore kid. He throws a nice ball. When at receiver he caught the ball well. He will be a player!!!!
WhyLie Wrote:Corbin will never stop the run. The new offense will make the run defense weaker. Fact. Bell is bigger and stronger. We will show you what smashmouth football looks like, you are soon to forget. Back to South Pitt. You need to focus on Pulaski. trust me all of your attention will be needed for that one.

This type of offense didn't seem to hurt Wayne Co.'s defense last year when they played the Bobcats. Running the ball against Bell Co. is usually much more difficult than throwing it against them, so I'm guessing that the offense is going to do much better this year than last against their D.

Bell Co. had less than 100 yds net rushing against Corbin last year, plus Corbin will be bigger and stronger, with more depth up front this year.
SEKYFAN Wrote:This type of offense didn't seem to hurt Wayne Co.'s defense last year when they played the Bobcats. Running the ball against Bell Co. is usually much more difficult than throwing it against them, so I'm guessing that the offense is going to do much better this year than last against their D.

Bell Co. had less than 100 yds net rushing against Corbin last year, plus Corbin will be bigger and stronger, with more depth up front this year.

That is my point, we will now score more points on you and you will score. Same result, we win.

Guys teams that throw the ball all the time never see much run in practice, therefor it will weaken the defense some.
WhyLie Wrote:That is my point, we will now score more points on you and you will score. Same result, we win.

Guys teams that throw the ball all the time never see much run in practice, therefor it will weaken the defense some.

It didn't seem to hurt teams like Bowling Green, Collins, Wayne Co., Williamsburg or Highlands, who all threw for significantly more yardage than they ran for last year and somehow ended up playing for state titles. Even Mayfield, Pulaski Co. and Newport Catholic had more passing yards than rushing, although it was closer to 50/50 than the others, which means that 66.7% were mainly passing teams in the state finals.

Maybe the game has changed somewhat.
WhyLie Wrote:That is my point, we will now score more points on you and you will score. Same result, we win.

Bell better hope they don't fall behind many points. Or the clock will run out.If Bell wants to run allnight tick- tock...The game is changing. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Bell better hope they don't fall behind many points. Or the clock will run out.If Bell wants to run allnight tick- tock...The game is changing. Confusednicker:

You my friend are an idiot. You have no clue about football.
Cellking Wrote:Was real impressed with the Freshman QB at Corbin. My guess he is the Sizemore kid. He throws a nice ball. When at receiver he caught the ball well. He will be a player!!!!

Not be surprised if he is not taking snaps on Friday nights. Heard that from a birdy.

I have a better idea, since this is done by several, including me, and you are bothered by this practice to the point that you want to test people, May I suggest you turn off your computer,, or change to a different program.
ArchieAdams Wrote:Not be surprised if he is not taking snaps on Friday nights. Heard that from a birdy.
Sizemore is a big, strong armed, agile kid who will be a very fine quarterback.
Amped 88 Wrote:You my friend are an idiot. You have no clue about football.

I don't think we are friends Amped 88 you are 100% Dumb :moon:
topnotch Wrote:I have a better idea, since this is done by several, including me, and you are bothered by this practice to the point that you want to test people, May I suggest you turn off your computer,, or change to a different program.

I didn't know this blog or board or whatever existed until recently but I do enjoy it when people are mature and make sense. So I think I will stick around. I like to read ideas of people who don't know nothing about football and then some that do. Don't take long to discern which is which on here.
ArchieAdams Wrote:I didn't know this blog or board or whatever existed until recently but I do enjoy it when people are mature and make sense. So I think I will stick around. I like to read ideas of people who don't know nothing about football and then some that do. Don't take long to discern which is which on here.

You are right there are quite a few that have no clue.
:popcorn:
I can tell you one thing, I cant ever remember practicing in this type of beautiful weather we are having so far this summer. The only thing I ever remember were 100 degree days in full pads mid july twice a day Confusednicker:

These kids got it made. No full pads till August and 75 degree weather, not to mention all the water you want...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I can tell you one thing, I cant ever remember practicing in this type of beautiful weather we are having so far this summer. The only thing I ever remember were 100 degree days in full pads mid july twice a day Confusednicker:

These kids got it made. No full pads till August and 75 degree weather, not to mention all the water you want...

you didn't wait until 6:30 to practice either.
^
:truestory:
I think all the hot air moved to Bowling Green area??? J/K Confusednicker:

The weather has been amazing.