•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2014
jetpilot Wrote:Gotta go boys. Trolling's over, time to get a few things done...

5026 Days and counting....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:5026 Days and counting....
The good news is I have a relative that will still be in junior high next year and he was born a few days before the last PHS win. So we have at least 5-6 more years of kids being alive when it happened TongueirateSho

You didn't respond to the bet on the "Belfry" boy's hometown on the UPike roster.:biggrin:

Another question. How many new players coming in from WV will be on Belfry's roster this year. Don't answer with bull****, just give me a number. I'm pretty sure you know the exact number. And they will all be back to WV as soon as they "graduate" from Belfry.

I realize I'm taking my life in my own hands even posting here since Dennis or Whitey or whatever can hurt people.Confusednicker:

How many days since Pikeville has been a top academic school and Belfry has been a bottom academic school. I don't know, count back to the Big Bang and add 1. Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:How many days since Pikeville has been a top academic school and Belfry has been a bottom academic school. I don't know, count back to the Big Bang and add 1. Confusednicker:

http://www.hazard-herald.com/news/local-...-ACT-score
jetpilot Wrote:You didn't respond to the bet on the "Belfry" boy's hometown on the UPike roster.:biggrin:

Another question. How many new players coming in from WV will be on Belfry's roster this year. Don't answer with bull****, just give me a number. I'm pretty sure you know the exact number. And they will all be back to WV as soon as they "graduate" from Belfry.

I realize I'm taking my life in my own hands even posting here since Dennis or Whitey or whatever can hurt people.Confusednicker:

You tell me which names you wanna ask about and I'll answer you as to where they're from.

The answer to your second question is 2, assuming Corbett has enrolled (and I don't know if he has or not)
Belfry0304 Wrote:http://www.hazard-herald.com/news/local-...-ACT-score

Talking about school scores, not one guy.
jetpilot Wrote:Talking about school scores, not one guy.

Just throwing it out there. Academic arguments don't really bother me much, since I'm a college student with a 3.75 GPA, my mom has a lifetime 3.98 (HS and college) and is working on a doctorate, and my girlfriend was selected for the Governor's Scholars Program and also has a 3.9 at Belfry. I'd like to think on the academic spectrum, we represent our community well.

Oh, and you should see my state ring...
I know for a fact that a few kids still live in WV and just use a KY address so they do not have to pay. Even if they have been going to a KY school since grade school it still not right for KY tax payers to pay for WV kids education. One of them is a big part of belfry's football team the Hatfield kid lives at Blackberry City in Matewan. If people would do a little checking they would find more.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Just throwing it out there. Academic arguments don't really bother me much, since I'm a college student with a 3.75 GPA, my mom has a lifetime 3.98 (HS and college) and is working on a doctorate, and my girlfriend was selected for the Governor's Scholars Program and also has a 3.9 at Belfry. I'd like to think on the academic spectrum, we represent our community well.

Oh, and you should see my state ring...

Again, talking about a few people. Have pride in your school for God's sake.
As far as your state ring, I've already seen a million of them in Pikeville...
Just think how good the WV teams like " Matewan and Mingo Central " would have been or would be if their players would stay and play there.
jetpilot Wrote:How many days since Pikeville has been a top academic school and Belfry has been a bottom academic school. I don't know, count back to the Big Bang and add 1. Confusednicker:

How many kids have attended Pikeville for academics that live out of Pikeville City limits that have aided that prowess over the years?

I know of at least 6 from Belfry alone personally.

I still think it is absolutely hilarious Pikeville plays the transfer card and about kids who moves into the Belfry district when the entire history of the Panther program was literally built on the backs of transfers. In fact if Matt Branham didn't come to the Pikeville district that streak would be a couple years longer.

Go ahead and start a post in the Bluegrassrivals academic team thread about Pikeville's laurels and we will be right over.
Belfry looked to have an issue filling out secondary and qb needs and all the sudden kids are looking for a better education?

If they were really looking for a better education they would go to Pikeville or the new Christian school in Williamson.

Just so happens you all were also going to be the WORST basketball team in the region on the boys side and then bam, the Dillion kids transfers in.

I truly hope the KHSAA gets it's act together because you guys Cordia has very little on Belfry football when it comes to recruiting, they just didn't have someone on the board of control to fix their problems.
That's all you all can do is gripe over a transfer or two. Give it a rest. Do you realize how ridiculous it makes you sound. Whether Belfry gets transfers from WV or Pikeville gets them from Pike Central or where ever every school gets transfers. Jump on the Williams burg thread and gripe at them over them getting transfers from Harlan Co. People just can't stand the winning tradition belfry has. Everybody hates the team they all want to be like.
region Wrote:Belfry looked to have an issue filling out secondary and qb needs and all the sudden kids are looking for a better education?

If they were really looking for a better education they would go to Pikeville or the new Christian school in Williamson.

Just so happens you all were also going to be the WORST basketball team in the region on the boys side and then bam, the Dillion kids transfers in.

I truly hope the KHSAA gets it's act together because you guys Cordia has very little on Belfry football when it comes to recruiting, they just didn't have someone on the board of control to fix their problems.

You can't be serious? Us? Recruit for basketball? Confusednicker:Confusednicker: Yeah right, we've been horrible for years. Unless Dillon can play the post, we'll probably keep on. Most kids will probably quit. You act like he's a Dalton or a Canadian, he's a kid from Matewan who moved because he got very little playing time reduced to none because of 3 imports... as far as I know he's nothing fantastic? No disrespect to the kid, but I just don't think he's a player that's gonna make that big of a difference. Go back to basketball, region, you're happier there.
0304. These guys are just jealous because they are not a part of belfry. Everyone hates us but everyone wants to be us. They can't beat us so they bash us. I've kinda gotten used to it over the years.
skully03 Wrote:0304. These guys are just jealous because they are not a part of belfry. Everyone hates us but everyone wants to be us. They can't beat us so they bash us. I've kinda gotten used to it over the years.

The late 80s sure were a lot longer of a time ago than 2003

[Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/h...8101_o.jpg]

[Image: https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...4294_n.jpg]
jetpilot Wrote:Everyone knows the WV guys win stuff for Belfry. Let's get a side bet going on what the "Belfry" kid who is at UPike's hometown will be listed as on UPike's official roster. :biggrin:

How bout this lets take the rosters of the state championships Pikeville won Back in the 80's and the ones Belfry won in 03 and 04, and 13...Lets compare those rosters of how many WV boys were on them..And you do not ever have to worry about me hurting you because I have a "SACK" and tell people who I am...you hide behind a screen name and continue to wish your team could beat our JV squad..
jetpilot Wrote:Again, talking about a few people. Have pride in your school for God's sake.
As far as your state ring, I've already seen a million of them in Pikeville...

Oh we have plenty of pride in our school that why we are the Best..and out of those millions of rings you saw from Pikeville...I'm sure Bailey, Honaker,and Washington,etc..had high GPA's..your an idiot JetPilot:biglmao:
Can anyone direct me to the academic forum. I hear there is an awesome "Smartest kids in Pike Co." thread over there.

Seriously PT - Vandy kids probably think they are better than Alabama kids. But I doubt they state their case on Alabama's Rivals football forum.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Oh we have plenty of pride in our school that why we are the Best..and out of those millions of rings you saw from Pikeville...I'm sure Bailey, Honaker,and Washington,etc..had high GPA's..your an idiot JetPilot:biglmao:

I would respond to the name calling but I'm afraid you'll hurt me 1991.

:hilarious:
Pikeville in the 80s

Keith Washington Delbarton WV (Burch HS)
Todd Case Belfry KY (Belfry HS)
Bobby Deramus Texas
Robbie Simpson Mullins
Greg Hackney Millard
Steve Bailey Logan WV
JI Joplin Matewan WV
Chad Thornsbury Johns Creek
Chris Slater (basketball) Williamson WV
JJ Bailey Logan WV

That's just the tip of the iceburg, if there is any school that should not cast stones its Pikeville. I could see where there mad, what was once a good rivalry has become homecoming game for Belfry.
jetpilot Wrote:I would respond to the name calling but I'm afraid you'll hurt me 1991.

:hilarious:

Smartest comment you ever made..
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Smartest comment you ever made..

No surprised at all you thought I was serious. You must have not seen this::hilarious:

So I will put up a bunch of them so you don't miss the point yet again...
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Pikeville in the 80s

Bobby Deramus Texas
Robbie Simpson Mullins
Greg Hackney Millard
Steve Bailey Logan WV
JI Joplin Matewan WV
JJ Bailey Logan WV

That's just the tip of the iceburg, if there is any school that should not cast stones its Pikeville. I could see where there mad, what was once a good rivalry has become homecoming game for Belfry.

More recently Chase Hall from Betsy Layne and current Panther Jordan Scott is from Belfry.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Can anyone direct me to the academic forum. I hear there is an awesome "Smartest kids in Pike Co." thread over there.

Seriously PT - Vandy kids probably think they are better than Alabama kids. But I doubt they state their case on Alabama's Rivals football forum.
ummmmm ok lol. I haven't said anything about academics.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Pikeville in the 80s

Bobby Deramus Texas
Robbie Simpson Mullins
Greg Hackney Millard
Steve Bailey Logan WV
JI Joplin Matewan WV
JJ Bailey Logan WV

Greg Hackney was in the 2nd grade at Pikeville Elementary when my daughter was in the 1st. So if your saying they recruited him from Millard, then they must have done so when he was in the 1st grade.
on to football,when is fall camp?
Big Five-0- Wrote:Greg Hackney was in the 2nd grade at Pikeville Elementary when my daughter was in the 1st. So if your saying they recruited him from Millard, then they must have done so when he was in the 1st grade.
Just going by what many from Pikeville has told me, what about all the others? I'm sure there has been many more over the years that have not been mentioned.
Paul Howard played at Pikeville as well, before transferring to Belfry. As I said, right or wrong Pikeville fans should not be casting stones when it comes to transfers.
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next