•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2014
Belfry0304 Wrote:BTW We lost a kid this past week, I'm sure you won't find that one in the paper!

Not anyone marquee, but we lost a kid to a WV school. Funny, huh?

Who did they lose & to what school???
PM me, I don't want to make it seem like I'm saying anything negative.
As we get closer, I just can't help but have a tremendous level of concern about the effects of losing Sani. First, what he did in the offseason (and because he did, teammates followed) was why he was the player he was... but the thing I'm worried about most is that when the going got tough, Sani was the guy who remained calm. During any or every situation, Sani had the same relaxed deposition and I worry about not having a kid who can keep a level head. Hatfield is obviously the guy you'd want, he just doesn't seem as vocal as Sani. That's only offensively my concerns, you can't even begin to express how much it concerns me losing a corner of his caliber.

Other than that, off the top of my head (besides the usual line questions), I'm feeling confident heading in. We're about a month away from practice.
^^
Check out the face book pictures of 91's baby boy!! Talk about working off season!! The Pirates will be fine, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring home another state championship this year....too bad they're going down in early September!

Smile
I understand where you coming come from 0304. I say give it the first 3-5 games and hopefully the next field General will emerge and be just as vocal and be a leader on and off the field just as sani was. They will have to build their confidence and show the others they are up to the task.
No way you can replace a Sani Warren. But someone will be there to step up.. Coach Haywood will make sure of that. He always does..Thanks Granny for the Comments on my boy. I'm proud for sure but he still has so much more potential as all these kids do. Our two new additions are good kids and will contribute immediately...we can be dangerous for the next few years but you are right 0304 but they gotta come together and be a team. And I am very confident they will.
SERIOUSLY Granny, come on?

You got us AT HOME. With the youngest defense we had played in almost 4 or 5 years in their SECOND game, and STILL couldn't beat us.

You think you can roll into our house with 7 of 11 back on D and beat us after all you guys lost? No chance. Enjoy your L, part 2! Baby Zak can't block everyone, run the ball, throw it, and play D too. We're skinning Bears for Labor Day weekend. TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Yeah good thing it's a holiday weekend. Those bears will have an extra day to recoop. Lol.
^^
I must agree with that!!

Belfry0304 Wrote:SERIOUSLY Granny, come on?

You got us AT HOME. With the youngest defense we had played in almost 4 or 5 years in their SECOND game, and STILL couldn't beat us.

You think you can roll into our house with 7 of 11 back on D and beat us after all you guys lost? No chance. Enjoy your L, part 2! Baby Zak can't block everyone, run the ball, throw it, and play D too. We're skinning Bears for Labor Day weekend. TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

AT HOME???? I must say that back woods hillbilly crap may intimidate some teams, but you gotta remember.....NOBODY is more red neck that we are!!

We only lost 6, and 4 of those didn't play post season. So, Baby Zak may not be able to do it ALL at the same time, but at any one time he could fill any of those positions you mentioned!

So buck up baby!! The Black Bears roll Labor Day weekend!!
:Thumbs:
Yeah, ROLL back to Harlan co. with a loss. ����
Granny Bear Wrote:AT HOME???? I must say that back woods hillbilly crap may intimidate some teams, but you gotta remember.....NOBODY is more red neck that we are!!

We only lost 6, and 4 of those didn't play post season. So, Baby Zak may not be able to do it ALL at the same time, but at any one time he could fill any of those positions you mentioned!

So buck up baby!! The Black Bears roll Labor Day weekend!!
:Thumbs:

We don't need to intimidate, the advantage of CAM speaks for itself.

You'll remember the #'s 2, 3 and 5 come game day, but you may have trouble remembering our name since it's not written on the BACKS of our jerseys.

According to KHSAA's website, if Massey is indeed transferred, you lost everyone that recorded an offensive statistic against us in 2013.
Ohh, you and your stats!! Just numbers!!!
The only numbers to count are those on the score board.
Last year was last year, but THIS year is different!!

skully03 Wrote:Yeah, ROLL back to Harlan co. with a loss. ����

:moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon:
Granny Bear Wrote:Last year was last year, but THIS year is different!!
:

True.

Belfry was a very young and inexperienced team decimated by graduation and forced to play wide eyed Freshman last year. Depending heavily on a talented set of skill players.

This year they are absolutely loaded and experienced across the board, but still have a very talented set of skill players.

:biggrin:
Practice can't start soon enough. Looking forward to seeing where everyone slides into their role.
Ok here is my opinion on who goes where...but I'm not anywhere near the mind of Coach Haywood so he will have it right..here goes nothin..

QB..TAYLOR
FB..HATFIELD
HB..X WILLIS
HB..JOPLIN
C..FRANCIS
OG..MULLINS
OT..GIBBS
TE..BENTLEY
OG..PREECE..FERRELL..ADKINS
OT..NO FRICKIN CLUE
WR..KID FROM LOGAN AND WOOLUM

DE..HALL
DT..HORTON
NG..?
DT..I'd USE STANLEY maybe A healthy FRANCISCO
DE..TJ DOTSON
LB..CATRON AND HATFIELD
LB..STUMP AND WELLMAN.(incoming frosh)
C.TAYLOR..WILLIS..JOLPLIN..KID FROM LOGAN.WOOLUM.ADKINS (Incoming fresman)
S..#9..CATRON..KID FROM LOGAN..JOPLIN..DOTSON KID FROM Mingo Central that transfered last year...

What I'm sayin is all can play at different times...I forget a lot of names bit know their faces...I know I'm leaving a few out but I'm just throw in in a crack at it..
^^

No Fletcher or Varney?

One thing I am excited about is Belfry's Special Teams. Not sure I have ever said that.

Belfry will have one of the better Special teams units in the State potentially. Wellman is probably one of the Top 5 or 6 punters in the State in terms of effectiveness and clutch kicks. Woolum was very consistent as a PK and we saw what he did as a Freshman.

Due simply to Belfry's depth you are going to have some athletes out there covering kicks.

Now you add Joplin and Corbett alongside X as kick returners. All three had returns for TD's last season.

The though of some of these younger guys like the Freshman Wellman, and the Juniors and Seniors that are quality players but behind on the Depth Chart and Belfry will be tough.

Would like to see a few more touchbacks to be safe though. Also with the speed and size Belfry can bring wouldn't mind seeing a few more attempts at blocked punt susing guys like Hall.
I look for Varney to maybe return some punts with Hunter another incoming frosh..Flether I think plays a backup role at Fullback to give Hatfield a break...I think Fletchers leg still bothers him. Varney could play some corner or HB...
They could win it all even without a passing attack.
Should be a great year for the pirates.
Belfry0304 Wrote:BTW We lost a kid this past week, I'm sure you won't find that one in the paper!

Not anyone marquee, but we lost a kid to a WV school. Funny, huh?

Must have got homesick.Confusedinglepar
jetpilot Wrote:Must have got homesick.Confusedinglepar

In the time it took you to post that Pikeville brought another kid in from Pike Central....

Also "9, 147, 2"
EKUAlum05 Wrote:In the time it took you to post that Pikeville brought another kid in from Pike Central....
Also "9, 147, 2"

Not done that way at Pikeville but how you framed it tells me a lot...
Who is the kid and I'll bite and ask what the #s mean.
jetpilot Wrote:Must have got homesick.Confusedinglepar

Gotten*

I figured of all people you'd have gotten that correct since you're a mighty Panther - king of Pike County academics.
jetpilot Wrote:Not done that way at Pikeville but how you framed it tells me a lot...
Who is the kid and I'll bite and ask what the #s mean.
Has Pikeville not received transfers from Pike Central in successive Summers? Also didn't Pikeville have a Paintsville transfer ruled ineligible last summer?

Deonte Joplin's Stat Line before starter's are pulled in the 3rd Quarter against the Panthers Big Grin
Belfry0304 Wrote:Gotten*

I figured of all people you'd have gotten that correct since you're a mighty Panther - king of Pike County academics.

Lol I know...just like the sound of it better.
I also say "me and 0304 were talking about transfers" instead of "0304
and I", even though I know better than that as well. Ain't a big deal.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Deonte Joplin's Stat Line before starter's are pulled in the 3rd Quarter against the Panthers Big Grin

Pikeville doesn't play Mingo Central this year.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot.Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Lol I know...just like the sound of it better.
I also say "me and 0304 were talking about transfers" instead of "0304
and I", even though I know better than that as well. Ain't a big deal.

We look past Ain't... you hear that a lot over in Pikeville come this time of the Summer.

How's the Panthers going to fare this year?

"9-1...but they ain't going to beat Belfry"
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville doesn't play Mingo Central this year.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot.Confusednicker:

Joplin transferring to Belfry was a "Win-Win" for Pike County football.

For Belfry, it means they probably will get their 4th State Title.

For Pikeville and Pike Central it gives their fans the excuse they desperately need when Belfry hangs 50 on them.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Joplin transferring to Belfry was a "Win-Win" for Pike County football.

For Belfry, it means they probably will get their 4th State Title.

For Pikeville and Pike Central it gives their fans the excuse they desperately need when Belfry hangs 50 on them.

Everyone knows the WV guys win stuff for Belfry. Let's get a side bet going on what the "Belfry" kid who is at UPike's hometown will be listed as on UPike's official roster. :biggrin:
Gotta go boys. Trolling's over, time to get a few things done...
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next