Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2014
Who are you for now 64? Are you trying to become a Pikeville fan too?
Btw Last i heard, Beach will be playing in Morehead.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Btw Last i heard, Beach will be playing in Morehead.

Good to hear this about Beach. A great player, and wish him good luck.
As long as he ain't playing in Beechwood.
Lol he is a tremendous athelete and imo could make an excellent slot reciever. Great hands and quickness of the los. Idk if he isnig enough to be a legit rb at Morehead. But I digress...back to the topic at hand...whats the feeder system like at Pikeville?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:whats the feeder system like at Pikeville?

Been coaching at the Little League level for 3 years and I can say that we should be very competitive for the next 10 years if nothing doesn't happen...Lots of talent coming up and also lots of size!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Been coaching at the Little League level for 3 years and I can say that we should be very competitive for the next 10 years if nothing doesn't happen...Lots of talent coming up and also lots of size!

Good to hear this. Bolds well for the future.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Been coaching at the Little League level for 3 years and I can say that we should be very competitive for the next 10 years if nothing doesn't happen...Lots of talent coming up and also lots of size!

Next 10 years ? Are the 2 and 3 year olds in pads now ?
I think that would mean the second and third graders are good tiger. It would be about ten years before they would be gone.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think that would mean the second and third graders are good tiger. It would be about ten years before they would be gone.

I've never been quick with the math mysonis55. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
That's alright I figured what you did. I knew you was thinking 12th and then subtracted 10. It happens to the best of us.
Raceland is looking the same in the JFL. My son is going into Kindergarten and is already 50" tall and weighs about 70 lbs and wears a size 2 shoe and is very mobile for a kid his age and size. Here's to hoping he continues to grow the way he has, would love to see him get up around 6"4" 260/270 or trim down and be a wr. All of its wishful thinking though lol he is only 5. His brother is 3 and a bit of a runt but isnt afraid of nething. Both want to play tackle this year, the older of the 2 probably could physically but needs another year or mentally. There are several kids in or around his age in the flag league that are built just like him. If Pikeville has nething like what we have in size and tallent in the same age group, then the Raceland/Pikeville regional rivalry should be in good standing for years to come and that doesnt hurt my feelings at all. Great bunch of coaches and kids. All of that points to good leadership in the front office, in the class room, and more importantly, at home. Hope to see you panthers in late november!
TigerBlues Wrote:Next 10 years ? Are the 2 and 3 year olds in pads now ?

I think he means with Pikeville's system and coaches in place Pikeville will continue to lose to Paintsville once every 30 years or so. :devilflam
^^give or take
jetpilot Wrote:I think he means with Pikeville's system and coaches in place Pikeville will continue to lose to Paintsville once every 30 years or so. :devilflam

Jetpilot, you continue to ignore my requests about the last thirty years :flush:
Last time I bring it up TB out of respect for you. Seriously. Pikeville is 1-0 in the modern age with a 7 pt. win in a see-saw thriller. To be continued. :argue:
Scotty it is so nice to hear a father proud of his son. I had son"s that were outstanding. I give credit to their athletic ability two things, I built them a balance beam when the were very young the would try different tricks, Walking backwards, hopping on 1 foot, all kinds of little things, At first you will not see much improvment, Then a neighbors child will come over and try it out then you will realize what you did. I then bough them a trampoline It really worked. They loved it I have seen them jumping in the cold months with snow on the ground the would jump for 2 or 3 hours. Good luck.
That balance beam idea is really cool. Something id never have thought of. Ive always said i would support my kids in whatever they wanted to do or took an interest in. Im a currently a professional musician, so they are pretty into that. They each have guitars of their own and the 5 year old knows a few little chords, but, they both absolutely love the game of football. Thats the first thing they do when they go outside to play. So proud of them and bless her heart their baby sister is goina be meaner and rougher than her bg brothers. Happy fathers day to everyone on here. If it werent for the kids, none of us would be on here talking.
TigerBlues Wrote:Next 10 years ? Are the 2 and 3 year olds in pads now ?

This is Pikeville....We start fitting them for pads when they come out of the womb....Wink
Scotty and all other's that have little ones. take 2x4 or 6 and cover it with carpet, you can make a fram by putting a 3 inch slot on both ends, Then you are on your way. make as many as you want I had several, I made them that covered the whole back yard. I found out later that if you do that and practice it will improve the child's reading and my children were darn good at reading.
Pikeville fans I have never gotten over the game Williamsburg played Pikeville your receiver was laying flat on his back in the end zone the ball bounced off two Williamsburg backs and came down in the kids hands. We had beaten up on you for 3 and 2/3 quarters.
I want to remind you all that if you are going to Bowlingreen The road goes through Williamsburg. Keep coal alive.
topnotch Wrote:Pikeville fans I have never gotten over the game Williamsburg played Pikeville your receiver was laying flat on his back in the end zone the ball bounced off two Williamsburg backs and came down in the kids hands. We had beaten up on you for 3 and 2/3 quarters.
I want to remind you all that if you are going to Bowlingreen The road goes through Williamsburg. Keep coal alive.

:biglmao:
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:This is Pikeville....We start fitting them for pads when they come out of the womb....Wink

Football shaped cribs too. :Cheerlead
topnotch Wrote:Pikeville fans I have never gotten over the game Williamsburg played Pikeville your receiver was laying flat on his back in the end zone the ball bounced off two Williamsburg backs and came down in the kids hands. We had beaten up on you for 3 and 2/3 quarters.

Best to work on 4 qtrs. notch. The old saying around here is we will mine earth first, we'll get the other planets later :flame:

Top-notch are you talking about this upcoming year.....or Painstville Confusednicker: Hail Pikeville :yikes:
Oh, you mean this:

[YOUTUBE="Huffman to Gibson"]cJJ_Fr6poq4[/YOUTUBE]

This was the game where I fell in love with Panther Football! I'll post highlights/full game sometime in the future.
Hmmm. The only "bouncing" I see is between the two hands of the receiver Chase Gibson. Several catches like that, and the burg's road to BG may just end in Pikeville.
[quote=Panther Thunder]Oh, you mean this:

[YOUTUBE="Huffman to Gibson"]cJJ_Fr6poq4[/YOUTUBE]

This was the game where I fell in love with Panther Football! I'll post [/I]
I rember it differently I guess I am just getting old.
One thing about it. If these two do meet up, it's going to be one heck of a game.
I sure wish football season would get here..