•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2014
I thought that about Caldwell, as well. No disrespect t but I hadn't heard of them until the QB came along (I don't know how to properly spell his name) so I didn't figure they'd be too much of a threat to win a stacked 3A in 2015.

We've beaten Breathitt. We've beaten Bourbon. Bring on Bell, bring on Boyle. No sense in backing down from any challenge. We have our most exciting and talented classes in a while and the real beneficial class of both the KMSFA existence and the one true Middle School in Belfry. So we're up for a fight.
Caldwell has 2 titles beating highlands in 63, and danville in 98. They have 1 runner up to ncc in 12, those was the only 3 years they have made it to the semis. They have 22 playoff wins all time since 59. They have mostly lost in the 1st or 2nd round. Im not trying to knock them either, and they aint a bad team at all even before sindelar, but i think they have alot of proving to do after sindelar graduates. Good thing is they have some pretty good classes coming up, and there is alot of interest in the program now, but alot of that is to do with this recent run, but i see them taking a step back in 15. You cant compare them to belfry, central, or boyle county though. This year when they beat mayfield, they had there largest crowd in history and it was a game that had no playoff implications. The game was hyped because they knew they had a chance to beat mayfield, and its something they havent had alot of success doing in there history. It was a great game between no 1 undefeated teams. From about week 3 all i heard at work was "do you think we can beat mayfield this year" unfortunately they did and i had to eat a large helping of crow being the only mayfield fan where i work.
I think Caldwell will be a nice filler team in the new 3A alignment. They have really awesome numbers for a 2A school which certainly will help ensure they stay strong the next few years. With that said, there is no coincidence this resurgence can be squarely pinned on the Sindelar kid.

History shows when a true D-1 caliber QB takes the field in small school KY Football that results will follow and Caldwell has been the beneficiary of that.

I anticipate Caldwell still fielding a quality product the next 3-4 years and consistently being a team in the Top 15 of the class...with some years in the Top 10.. but by and large I am seeing them more of Regional Final kind of team as opposed to a State Final kind of team.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think Caldwell will be a nice filler team in the new 3A alignment. They have really awesome numbers for a 2A school which certainly will help ensure they stay strong the next few years. With that said, there is no coincidence this resurgence can be squarely pinned on the Sindelar kid.

History shows when a true D-1 caliber QB takes the field in small school KY Football that results will follow and Caldwell has been the beneficiary of that.

I anticipate Caldwell still fielding a quality product the next 3-4 years and consistently being a team in the Top 15 of the class...with some years in the Top 10.. but by and large I am seeing them more of Regional Final kind of team as opposed to a State Final kind of team.

I agree
Everyone make their pre summer practice skill position projection. Mine is:

QB: Catron
FB: Hatfield
RB: Fletcher
RB: Willis
SE: Taylor
TE: Bentley
PaytoPlay Wrote:Everyone make their pre summer practice skill position projection. Mine is:

QB: Catron
FB: Hatfield
RB: Fletcher
RB: Willis
SE: Taylor

QB: Woolum
FB: Hatfield... spelled often by Fletcher to keep him fresh on D
HB: Fletcher... w/ a revolving door of Taylor and Varney
HB: Willis... feature back
SE: Taylor.. a few others revolving and maybe even a Hunter sighting
TE2: Horton

Catron develops into an absolute monster on defense and has an equal amount of personal foul penalties in proportion to guys he knocks out of the game with big hits.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:QB: Woolum
FB: Hatfield... spelled often by Fletcher to keep him fresh on D
HB: Fletcher... w/ a revolving door of Taylor and Varney
HB: Willis... feature back
SE: Taylor.. a few others revolving and maybe even a Hunter sighting
TE2: Horton

Catron develops into an absolute monster on defense and has an equal amount of personal foul penalties in proportion to guys he knocks out of the game with big hits.

lets hope Woolum don't get hurt,need his leg..
Your QB will be Taylor
Fullback.....Duh....lol. Hatfield
Halfback Willis
Halfack.( You will here soon enough) maybe a transfer if so can you say LOADED)
Split end will be numorous kids cause let's face it we ain't throwin...so go ahead and put 10 in the box and try to stop us...but it's gonna be hard..I will say this and I'm not sayin because one is mine not only do we have a humongous Oline...these boys got a lot faster and a lot stronger...Belfry High School will have the best OLine in the state of Kentucky this year. I see Varney getting some snaps if he can get his head right and mature a bit. Fletcher will give Hatfield some rest for defense..God Forbid any injuries,we will be back in Bowling Green this year and for the next 4 or 5. Boyle, Lexington Cath, Central, PT, will be a test in the by game, and Going to Bell county and Corbin will be a challenge but Of course I think We will prevail but who k knows, but one thing is for sure there is gonna be some good games in 3A for a long time...can't wait
I'm gonna guess that Keaton plays quarterback, and the second halfback will be whoever shows a good mix of not only running the ball but blocking which will be where Devin Varney may find reps in the first team. Cameron Catron will spell X Willis some on carries to keep him fresh and off that knee in the regular season. Same with Austin as some of you have stated. I look for us to be in solid a lot more than years past with the two massive tight ends. Bentley and Gibbs on a tight side and perhaps Dotson and Horton on another is astounding and frightening. Woolum might get that split end position, they showed faith in his hands and athleticism having him on punt return in 2013.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Your QB will be Taylor
Fullback.....Duh....lol. Hatfield
Halfback Willis
Halfack.( You will here soon enough) maybe a transfer if so can you say LOADED)
Split end will be numorous kids cause let's face it we ain't throwin...so go ahead and put 10 in the box and try to stop us...but it's gonna be hard..I will say this and I'm not sayin because one is mine not only do we have a humongous Oline...these boys got a lot faster and a lot stronger...Belfry High School will have the best OLine in the state of Kentucky this year. I see Varney getting some snaps if he can get his head right and mature a bit. Fletcher will give Hatfield some rest for defense..God Forbid any injuries,we will be back in Bowling Green this year and for the next 4 or 5. Boyle, Lexington Cath, Central, PT, will be a test in the by game, and Going to Bell county and Corbin will be a challenge but Of course I think We will prevail but who k knows, but one thing is for sure there is gonna be some good games in 3A for a long time...can't wait

transfer from?heard for me to hear all the way from Arkansas,lol
cuppett777 Wrote:transfer from?heard for me to hear all the way from Arkansas,lol

Heard we were tapping into the Canadian talent from the 14th region in basketball. 6'5, faster than JJ Jude and as big as a bear.. Heard it here first.
^ haha. Somone PM me the real scoop.
QB - Taylor
FB - Hatfield, Fletcher as backup
HB - Willis
HB - Catron, backed up by Fletcher, Varney, and maybe A. Hall
SE - Woolum or numerous others
OL - Gibbs
OL - Mullins
OL - Bentley
OL - ???
OL - ???
TE - Horton

I've heard about a transfer as well and if he can beat out Willis or Catron then he's a stud.
Oh Lord not a transfer......

Now we have another 5 years of hearing how Belfry recruits from every team that loses to them.
Someone PM me the transfer scoop dangit!
Thanks to the member who dropped the hint in my PM. I thought that might have been the kid. Checked out his HUDL and found it impressive.

Practice should be what, 6 weeks from starting? I am getting excited.
6 weeks is right, which is exactly why I'm not getting worked up about some transfer. That's an awfully small amount of time for a kid to start learning and be ready to make an impact. Let alone become eligible assuming he didn't already enroll before school let out this week. Regardless, I wouldn't get our hopes up and we have a good looking football team lined up for 2014 either way.
Not jumping around or getting off topic but when you look at this year's schedule, it
is impressive to see this many teams that went to the 2nd Round or further in the playoffs on there as compared to some previous seasons...

(Records from 2013)
Henry Clay-(9-3)-2nd Rd. Playoffs
Harlan County-(8-4)-2nd Rd. Playoffs
Southwestern-(1-9)-N/A
Pikeville-(11-2)-3rd Rd. Playoffs
Sheldon Clark-(0-10)-
Gallia Academy-(5-5)-N/A (Ohio)
Christian Academy(6-7)-1st Rd. Playoffs (Tennessee)
Lawrence County-(8-4)-2nd Rd. Playoffs
Pike Central-(7-6)-3rd Rd. Playoffs
Johnson Central-(11-1)-2nd Rd. Playoffs
CAK reached the 3rd round and competed with Alcoa about as good as anyone did
Get the transfers now. You can still get a trophy this year. It is the next year when 3a starts mailing the trophies west.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:CAK reached the 3rd round and competed with Alcoa about as good as anyone did

My bad on that one! Fingers typing faster than I can think lol.
Heck yea they did! They're a really interesting team.
mysonis55 Wrote:Get the transfers now. You can still get a trophy this year. It is the next year when 3a starts mailing the trophies west.

I hear you. Go watch us beat Wayne and take a drink every time you hear them say freshman or sophomore referring to Belfry.

Have a fun Saturday night, you'll be trashed by the half.
^ lol. PT got THUMPED by Wayne. Give me a break.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ lol. PT got THUMPED by Wayne. Give me a break.

yep they did,i thought it would have been a better game,but it wasn't even close,glad I just didn't travel to see that game,cause it was boring,lol,went on to BG that night after the game..
mysonis55 Wrote:Get the transfers now. You can still get a trophy this year. It is the next year when 3a starts mailing the trophies west.

Time for an adoptions mysonis55. These guys in Belfry will eat your lunch. TongueirateSho
No, no adoption. Just stating the facts. I don't like the fact that our streak is about to come to an end against PT. I think they will start beating us again soon. I am not a pt fan. That is why y'all should take heed to what I am saying. They have all the talent, size and speed a coach could ever want. Now they have a coaching staff to make use of it. I don't think they will get it done this year but they will next.
Belfry will be Belfry learning the beginning of the year. Then very strong at the end. They have a good chance for another state title.
Catron would be a great mix of speed and power at RB. That kid is strong and plays with an attitude. I do like the idea of having him packing it second man through!
Heard we got a new transfer today. You guys will be excited
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next