•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central coaching search
Looks like they are going to have to bring up the Perry County Little League coaches to head the Commodores. Head Coach Pray with his assistants James Noble, Bebo Combs, and Scott Mcalarnis. This group would do as good as any big name coaching staff.
James and Bebo would be great choices. I think McAlarnis is still banned from coaching.
moongoose82 Wrote:What program would that be? As Ron White would say "you can't fix stupid".

Yes you are right, you can't fix stupid. You can't fix the stupidity of the Perry County school system and their fans. Every time a coaching position comes open in the Perry County school system the perry central fans jump on BGR and start throwing big name coaches around like "Billy Hicks" and "Holcomb" but in reality no one really wants to work for Perry County. I mean come on, your a 5A school system with what around 1,000 students and you have a hard time competing with small southeastern kentucky schools, I'm talking all sports. You have a 1000 students and you have to start middle schoolers on your varsity baseball team, you should own the 14th region in basketball but yet you let a Independent school win your district, also you choose to bring player after player in for basketball and do nothing with them, and when you think of mountain football you don't think of Perry Central you think of Breathitt County, Belfry, Corbin, Hazard, etc..... all smaller schools. And I understand you play 5A football but be real you don't have a good record against smaller football teams in you school history. So in my eyes Perry Central is the laughing stock of mountain sports. You should dominate in everything but yet you don't.
UK#24 Wrote:Yes you are right, you can't fix stupid. You can't fix the stupidity of the Perry County school system and their fans. Every time a coaching position comes open in the Perry County school system the perry central fans jump on BGR and start throwing big name coaches around like "Billy Hicks" and "Holcomb" but in reality no one really wants to work for Perry County. I mean come on, your a 5A school system with what around 1,000 students and you have a hard time competing with small southeastern kentucky schools, I'm talking all sports. You have a 1000 students and you have to start middle schoolers on your varsity baseball team, you should own the 14th region in basketball but yet you let a Independent school win your district, also you choose to bring player after player in for basketball and do nothing with them, and when you think of mountain football you don't think of Perry Central you think of Breathitt County, Belfry, Corbin, Hazard, etc..... all smaller schools. And I understand you play 5A football but be real you don't have a good record against smaller football teams in you school history. So in my eyes Perry Central is the laughing stock of mountain sports. You should dominate in everything but yet you don't.

Spot on. This pretty much sums up everything about that bunch.
Things are tough enough but to clean house like that it must be real bad
I wouldn't think they could fire ever football coach. Do they have enough jobs to replace them.
If you haven't noticed, the number of kids in schools is decreasing. Which means you have to let teachers go. People are not having kids like they used to and people are having to move out of town for jobs due to the lack of coal jobs. Perry is down to below 850 kids now so teachers are having to be let go. Just part of it, nothing against any of these guys I'm sure.
Way to quiet, what is the Commodore Nation going to do? Haven't heard anything in a couple days??
It sure is quiet Wall4president. I havent heard a thing about who the new coach will be. Im thinking Chapman but I could be wrong.
The_Rock Wrote:It sure is quiet Wall4president. I havent heard a thing about who the new coach will be. Im thinking Chapman but I could be wrong.

I was told he turned it down
Hollon would be your man but he runs the ball and the dores fans and higher ups can only think about put it in the air
Hollon would be an excellent choice. Great guy to.
If you got someone who can throw it, the Air Raid offense is great! The Commodores will be airing it out! The Napier kid can throw it. Now they just need the coach to tell him where to throw it, lol.
Wall4president Wrote:If you got someone who can throw it, the Air Raid offense is great! The Commodores will be airing it out! The Napier kid can throw it. Now they just need the coach to tell him where to throw it, lol.

In most cultures it's commonly accepted for the QB to throw to open recievers. But hey, they don't do much of anything that makes sense in Hazard.
Socrates Wrote:In most cultures it's commonly accepted for the QB to throw to open recievers. But hey, they don't do much of anything that makes sense in Hazard.

Funny guy.Confusednicker: But you have open receivers and then you have open receivers that can make plays that you want your QB to get the ball to depending on play calls and what you are trying to get out of a play. But you probably wouldn't understand any of that smart guy. :dontthink
The_Rock Wrote:James and Bebo would be great choices. I think McAlarnis is still banned from coaching.
He could always climb the power poll and call in plays from their again. :hilarious:
That was just to funny. I almost spit my pepsi out of my mouth when I read that.
:hilarious:
When is coach going to be named?
This sounds like it could be a long hard process.
May just apply myself. Winner at last Coaching stent. Winner at one of the hardest venue in the state. Don't care about the administration, Don't care about the fans. Don't care about the parents. Only care about the players and the experiences they gain from playing Football.
What about Ben Howard? He's got a strong lineage in Hillard being his daddy. The man can flat-out coach.
Cellking Wrote:May just apply myself. Winner at last Coaching stent. Winner at one of the hardest venue in the state. Don't care about the administration, Don't care about the fans. Don't care about the parents. Only care about the players and the experiences they gain from playing Football.

Sound like my kind of coach. Unfortunately you would be a one and done, school systems don't like coaches like that. They want coaches that can play their political game!
Mjolnir Wrote:Sound like my kind of coach. Unfortunately you would be a one and done, school systems don't like coaches like that. They want coaches that can play their political game!

I agree with you, most of the time it's politics, not what is best for the Kid or Kids involved. It should be all about the Kids and the Program.:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
PCC is really dragging this out. Players may get the idea they don't care a lot about football.
^Not sure why. Most all coaching jobs go by the 30 day rule if tied to a teaching position, which this one will be.

If this was jan-feb they wouldn't think this. No reason for them to think this now.
Lil Al was seen at Applebee's last night with the super and AD.
It would be a great pickup. Did he play for Perry Co Central or Hazard? I don't remember.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I think he played at perry
He played for PCC.
Mike said no, Kyle said No, don't think John Paul will come. Who's left on the short list???
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next