Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region review/preview
Excellent preview. Spot on and hard to argue against, with the exception I might exchange #4 for #6, but you just have to go with it right now.....very solid.
Previews this early will hafta change a lot probably. With transfers, coaching changes, etc.
I'd have to move both Clay and Corbin above Knox Central. Clay returns too much talent and I wouldn't count Tony P out of anything. If he can get those players to gel like he did last year, look for a rematch in Regional final of Clay and Corbin.
Assuming Knox keeps all their players.....It would be hard not to list them as the preseason favorite next year. They return all 5 starters and Clay and Corbin will have several holes to fill....but I wouldn't be shocked if Clay and Corbin are in the finals of the 13th region again.
Clay will be on top...just saying TongueirateSho
Good job. KC should be the favorite, just don't see them winning it though.

I did notice an error on South Laurel, they did not make it to the regional tournament in Wright's last year(2010-11), losing to Whitley Co. in the 1st round of the district.
Another rumor hear south coach is leaving. :popcorn:
I have also heard that Coach Davis at South is trying to head north and get a new job.
Wolverine Wrote:I have also heard that Coach Davis at South is trying to head north and get a new job.

heading north for a college job not highschool...:HitWall:
I heard the same thing. I wonder when he will find out if he gets that job or not?
I have to agree with 64SUR. Man knows his stuff!
Speaking of the 13th Region, why has KHSAA left Knox Central in the 51st district for so long with 3 1a schools, and left 1a Williamsburg in the 50th with 3 bigger schools in Corbin, Whitley County and South Laurel. Seems like it would make more sense to flip flop Knox Central into the 50th and Williamsburg into the 51st. Travel time wouldn't be much different as most of these teams play each other anyway.
District alignments aren't, and should never be, based on school enrollment.
Both Whitley and Corbin are closer to Lynn Camp than Williamsburg.
coach davis is staying at south
ky playmaker Wrote:coach davis is staying at south

I heard that south has had a couple of very nice additions to the basketball team as well