•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central coaching search
cougarpride08 Wrote:UKisN1<-----Have they officially name him AD also? I know the mountain eagle said he would take over as coach, but did they announce him as AD yet?
Board meets on the 19th.
Only reason LCC won was because of some bad calls
When are they going to hire a coach?
who Perry or LCC
doresfanatic Wrote:who Perry or LCC

Perry. This is a Perry thread LCC has a coach.
Word around the rumor mill is Kyle Moore from Breathitt has contacted, and said he wanted the job. No actual word on who the coach will be
doresfanatic Wrote:Word around the rumor mill is Kyle Moore from Breathitt has contacted, and said he wanted the job. No actual word on who the coach will be

Ok thanks if Moore leaves Breathitt they are in trouble.
Only time will tell. They need to get something done before players start to leave
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Ok thanks if Moore leaves Breathitt they are in trouble.

So after reading all thiws stuff about the Breathitt co connections

If Moore goes to Perry, does chapman go back to Bbreathitt or does Holcomb go back? And if Holcomb goes back does Chapman go to Letcher.
Im getting dizzy
Holcomb is not going to leave LCC. He is about to get the AD Job up there. Chapman wanted the Perry job and no word has been said if he was coming or not. If Moore gets the pcc job then Breathitt will be without a coach for a while
I don't blame Moore for leaving BC. With State control and new alignment it is not a good job. Holcomb knew it was coming to an end when he parted ways.
cougarpride08 Wrote::thatsfunnCould someone please fix this...

Losing by 4 points at Letcher is the equivalent of winning by 20 anywhere else.
The equivalent of winning by about 30 at Perry Wink
These coaches need to realize, they are coaching in high school, not college! They are wanting just a coaching job and not have to do any classes or extra stuff, this is not going to happen. This is why PCC is having problems hiring a coach, they want their coach to teach some classes.
With that said, Kyle Moore will be the next coach at PCC! He will leave a bad situation at Breathitt and move into a great position at Perry. Hope they can get this done soon.
Very few of the Coach ONLY jobs are left.
If Kyle comes then so will John Paul...... I hope he does! The only problem with PCC is they need to let the coach have 100% access to the field, and help with transporting the kids... I understand the fball team isn't gonna get supported like the round all team but the least they can do is let the football team have the Football field to practice when they choose to do so. That's the exact reason it's gonna be hard to find a respectable coach...
zaga_fan Wrote:Losing by 4 points at Letcher is the equivalent of winning by 20 anywhere else.
The equivalent of winning by about 30 at Perry Wink

If you say so. To me a loss is a loss no matter how many points it is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
bcpc Wrote:The only problem with PCC is they need to let the coach have 100% access to the field, and help with transporting the kids... I understand the fball team isn't gonna get supported like the round all team but the least they can do is let the football team have the Football field to practice when they choose to do so. That's the exact reason it's gonna be hard to find a respectable coach...
Why do they need 100% access to the football/soccer field? The girls basketball team and boys basketball team share the gym, why can't the soccer/football share a field. If they do it the same way, one week football has it after school and soccer has it after football is done, the next week soccer has it after school and the football team gets it after that. Would not have a problem if they would do something like that. Game days for soccer, football gets it after school and game day friday's soccer practices before the football game. It's not hard, you just have to want to get along with each other and not think that one sport is better than the other. Isn't it all about the student athletes, not the coaches egos?
Wall4president Wrote:Why do they need 100% access to the football/soccer field? The girls basketball team and boys basketball team share the gym, why can't the soccer/football share a field. If they do it the same way, one week football has it after school and soccer has it after football is done, the next week soccer has it after school and the football team gets it after that. Would not have a problem if they would do something like that. Game days for soccer, football gets it after school and game day friday's soccer practices before the football game. It's not hard, you just have to want to get along with each other and not think that one sport is better than the other. Isn't it all about the student athletes, not the coaches egos?
:thatsfunn:HitWall:
:insane:
Simple solution.
Give the old football field to the Soccer team. It has lights, bleachers, concession stand, and restrooms. Let them use the fieldhouse down there as their clubhouse.

Give the new football field to the football team.

No need to share when each team can have their own HQ. Eliminates all the controversy. The new football field is not big enough for soccer any way. Plus, wouldnt a track been nice up there for the track team?
Has nothing to do with ego..... Has to do with $... And numbers... Soccer could practice with their 10-12 players on the old football field and play their games on the new field in front of a crowd of 30-40 pple... Football could practice on the new field if they could get the kids to it at their normal time of practice with 40-50 kids, and play on it in front of a 1000 or more in the crowd...... Just a lack of reasoning in my opinion.... Also, why would a football team share the exact same locker room as the girls softball team, and soccer?!?! Facts are facts, this world is about a $ and #'s... Whenever you find this so called fair world let me know... I'll journey with you......
They should hire someone with experience thats coach at least 10 years or so
steve hollon or john paul chapman or both
FYI Letcher Central Football shared the field with both boys and girls soccer and from what I heard, they had no problem. Remember a AD is a athletic director not a football, basketball, and even baseball director. You have to be fair either way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

bcpc Wrote:Has nothing to do with ego..... Has to do with $... And numbers... Soccer could practice with their 10-12 players on the old football field and play their games on the new field in front of a crowd of 30-40 pple... Football could practice on the new field if they could get the kids to it at their normal time of practice with 40-50 kids, and play on it in front of a 1000 or more in the crowd...... Just a lack of reasoning in my opinion.... Also, why would a football team share the exact same locker room as the girls softball team, and soccer?!?! Facts are facts, this world is about a $ and #'s... Whenever you find this so called fair world let me know... I'll journey with you......
just FYI Perry's boys and girls soccer draws 20 players a season, per team. and in the district matchup against hazard and letcher they filled up 3/4 the stadium.

besides from that though the soccer teams only use the field when football isn't, the football team always has first choice on field time. there were several times last year the soccer team had to use a different field for practice. the soccer team wanted the old football field but we're told no, the middle school and high school team needed them. whoever the new coach is won't have to worry about giving up any luxuries accorded to the football program.

as for having grade school soccer games on the field in the spring, that has been a disaster. it takes up the whole field 3 days a week, terrible idea.
Our middle school soccer plays on a county field. Just varsity soccer gets to practice on turf. To me if you are going to have a sport do it right. Wrestlers have to practice at vocational school while basketball gets the gym. They won't even let them use Whitesburg's old gym like they had been using for the past 7 years. We had banners and individual region banners up there and this year they complained because of the electric bill. All jokes aside I hope your school can come together and work a solution that fits everyone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Wall4president Wrote:Why do they need 100% access to the football/soccer field? The girls basketball team and boys basketball team share the gym, why can't the soccer/football share a field. If they do it the same way, one week football has it after school and soccer has it after football is done, the next week soccer has it after school and the football team gets it after that. Would not have a problem if they would do something like that. Game days for soccer, football gets it after school and game day friday's soccer practices before the football game. It's not hard, you just have to want to get along with each other and not think that one sport is better than the other. Isn't it all about the student athletes, not the coaches egos?

It's also not hard to say that football is better than soccer. The politically correct world and all of the "equality" crap doesn't want to hear it, but it's fact.

THE only reason soccer is started in these districts is b/c of a few LL parents that want it. And, that's fine. I'm all for it. But recognize where you are in the pecking order.

It's like the fad some years back when they tried making girls basketball appealing, but playing the boys games before the girls on double header nights. After several years of realizing that by halftime or before, that half of the crowd had emptied out during the girls game...schools have finally gone back to the old ways.

I don't know why we have become a society who is so touchy-feely when it comes to this. Heaven forbid something(s) be recognized as the "Top Dogs" when it comes to interest, school pride, community support, etc.

No difference than why the Girls Sweet 16 is played in BG at Diddle, and the boys is at Rupp. It's not disrespect, it's just fact.

...or acknowledging that the Boys Sweet 16 is a much bigger draw than the State Football Finals.
So hard for many of these schools, especially these rural-county schools to support both football and soccer. Neither will ever be great, and both will have a hard enough time just getting good on a regular basis.

I'm a soccer novice, but one thing I've come to learn is this: You better be able to run. The better you and your team speed, the better you are going to be (sounds a lot like football, huh?).

....taking another 20-30 kids who are more than likely built like RB's/WR/DB's can throw a kink in things. And here is guessing, that Perry Central...like many other rural-county schools...doesn't have an over abundance of willing and able (be it want to or transportation reasons) bodies like this to adequately support BOTH sports in the SAME season at a HIGH level.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Our middle school soccer plays on a county field. Just varsity soccer gets to practice on turf. To me if you are going to have a sport do it right. Wrestlers have to practice at vocational school while basketball gets the gym. They won't even let them use Whitesburg's old gym like they had been using for the past 7 years. We had banners and individual region banners up there and this year they complained because of the electric bill. All jokes aside I hope your school can come together and work a solution that fits everyone.

Please tell me that middle school soccer isn't during the fall? Telling ya...it will have an effect on football in these county's like no other.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next