• 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central coaching search
I thought Perry was to move down to 4A
ballboy Wrote:I thought Perry was to move down to 4A

They were, but us and Letcher Central petitioned to stay in 5A.
Mark Dixon and Tom Larkey are interviewing today. I don't think they will announce for a few more days. They will have to offer someone and then wait for them to accept.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:They were, but us and Letcher Central petitioned to stay in 5A.

Why did both schools want to play up, seems like it would have been better if both stayed in 4A
running_clock Wrote:Mark Dixon and Tom Larkey are interviewing today. I don't think they will announce for a few more days. They will have to offer someone and then wait for them to accept.

That is hilarious; Larkey leaving Harlan and Mark leaving Hazard. The decision has already been made. They are giving the new coach time to ge his affairs in order to leave his current school before the announcement. The longer the administration waste time the bigger the names will become. Honestly, has anyone really looked at the program as a whole? It's not that spectacular and I don't see them ever going past the second round in region. The talent is not there for a 5A program but we can dream just like everyone who plays basketball in Eastern Kentucky will be going to UK on a full ride scholarship.:hilarious:
running_clock Wrote:Mark Dixon and Tom Larkey are interviewing today. I don't think they will announce for a few more days. They will have to offer someone and then wait for them to accept.

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker: WOW!!!!!
The job was Holcomb friday and sunday he turn it down. I will now say chapman or Hollen or anybody with a high profile name. 64SUR :truestory:
Roundabout Wrote:That is hilarious; Larkey leaving Harlan and Mark leaving Hazard. The decision has already been made. They are giving the new coach time to ge his affairs in order to leave his current school before the announcement. The longer the administration waste time the bigger the names will become. Honestly, has anyone really looked at the program as a whole? It's not that spectacular and I don't see them ever going past the second round in region. The talent is not there for a 5A program but we can dream just like everyone who plays basketball in Eastern Kentucky will be going to UK on a full ride scholarship.:hilarious:

The football talent would be there for PCC if the bolded part wasn't so true. We got dozens of kids all thinking their the next John Wall but truth is most of them would never play at ALC. If you went back and looked at what sport has put the most boys through college at PCC, it sure as HELL isn't basketball.

Also, Larkey and Dixon? That's a funny one. Might as well see if Phillip Haywood and Matney are interviewing as well :igiveup:
Roundabout Wrote:That is hilarious; Larkey leaving Harlan and Mark leaving Hazard. The decision has already been made. They are giving the new coach time to ge his affairs in order to leave his current school before the announcement. The longer the administration waste time the bigger the names will become. Honestly, has anyone really looked at the program as a whole? It's not that spectacular and I don't see them ever going past the second round in region. The talent is not there for a 5A program but we can dream just like everyone who plays basketball in Eastern Kentucky will be going to UK on a full ride scholarship.:hilarious:

The talent has always been at Perry Central, but they've never had anyone to coach the defense.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:The football talent would be there for PCC if the bolded part wasn't so true. We got dozens of kids all thinking their the next John Wall but truth is most of them would never play at ALC. If you went back and looked at what sport has put the most boys through college at PCC, it sure as HELL isn't basketball.

Also, Larkey and Dixon? That's a funny one. Might as well see if Phillip Haywood and Matney are interviewing as well :igiveup:

I think Perry has always had talented kids, but they've never been able to put it together.

It all falls on the coaching staff IMO
I think Haddix would have got them up and running in a few years, but I think Perry needs someone to come in that can show these kids how to run the ball and stop the run. It's always been their Achilles heel.

It may be just me... but I really hate offenses that are pass first. I'd rather pass only when it is necessary lol
The_Rock Wrote:Highlands and Cov Cath are going up to 5A next year Gut? Sure hope not.

2015 season.

This is the last season where the east will be wide open IMHO.
Bert Browne was at Applebee's on Friday. I just hope he was there for half-price appetizers and not because he just had a job interview.
zaga_fan Wrote:It may be just me... but I really hate offenses that are pass first. I'd rather pass only when it is necessary lol
It's okay to run, but it just makes for a very boring game, in my opinion. :Thumbs:
Have heard that the football committee has now put their sights on Coach Chapman as head coach at PCC. With Beader as his assistant and the other's already their, they should have a great group of coaches to put together a winning program.
Chapman would be a great hire.
I wonder has hollen taken his test to teach highschool. :popcorn:
Wall4president Wrote:It's okay to run, but it just makes for a very boring game, in my opinion. :Thumbs:

Harlan County hasn't thrown a pass in four years and those fans are borderline rabid.
Wall4president Wrote:Have heard that the football committee has now put their sights on Coach Chapman as head coach at PCC. With Beader as his assistant and the other's already their, they should have a great group of coaches to put together a winning program.

Told you all last week, Mike was staying at Letcher Central.:popcorn::popcorn:
zaga_fan Wrote:Harlan County hasn't thrown a pass in four years and those fans are borderline rabid.

Has any Tom Larkey coached team ever thrown 10 passes in a season? Serious question.
Cellking Wrote:Told you all last week, Mike was staying at Letcher Central.:popcorn::popcorn:

You got lucky cellking mike took the job friday. Letcher brought out the piggy bank sunday...Good for mike :HitWall:
Someone told me Hollen coached at Perry for 8 years and possibly would have been the next coach before Haddix if he hadn't went to Pike with Chapman.
Hollon is the eiu teacher at knott and would be a real good pick
Roundabout Wrote:Someone told me Hollen coached at Perry for 8 years and possibly would have been the next coach before Haddix if he hadn't went to Pike with Chapman.

Well yea, he probably would have been if he didn't leave.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Well yea, he probably would have been if he didn't leave.

And now he's at Knott County. I bet he's loving that.
64SUR Wrote:You got lucky cellking mike took the job friday. Letcher brought out the piggy bank sunday...Good for mike :HitWall:

Rather be lucky than good. I was told Friday he was staying at Letcher Central. By Someone who would know:Sad04::Sad04: Looks like he knew what he was talking about. lol
Cellking Wrote:Rather be lucky than good. I was told Friday he was staying at Letcher Central. By Someone who would know:Sad04::Sad04: Looks like he knew what he was talking about. lol

Ask your buddy if he new friday evening. I know someone who told me he Decommitted sunday. :truestory: I think
64SUR Wrote:Ask your buddy if he new friday evening. I know someone who told me he Decommitted sunday. :truestory: I think

You can never go wrong talking to the guy who makes the call.:biggrin::biggrin:
Heard today that Jeff Norman would probably be the Head Man.
Does anybody knows if Kyle moore put in for the job. :popcorn:
This is 209 post about Perry Co football. I thought Perry was a basketball school?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next