Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Haddix new head coach at Corbin
Haddix won't look past any team on his schedule... Bank on that! Haddix will not be afraid to schedule potentially a lot better teams... Bank on that! Haddix will have the hounds fired up and ready in August, no matter who his players are... Bank on that too...
Theres a couple teams looking for games. Cincinnati Colerain, Lou. Trinity, and Byrnes, SC. Go ahead and schedule them games Haddix if you aint scared.
About as good a hire as could be expected. But, I wouldn't trade our guy for him.
Really, you may want to have your coach to call him and schedule a game.. North plays a very weak schedule!!!
I'm sure they would love to play Rock as well..
redstorm Wrote:Really, you may want to have your coach to call him and schedule a game.. North plays a very weak schedule!!!

I wasn't trying to insult Haddix. But he's been the most celebrated 6 wins over .500 coach I've seen on the board. I was simply saying that I liked our coach better. What's wrong with liking my coach better than someone elses? And what does our schedule have to do with anything... but if we're talking about schedule, then TRIMBLE COUNTY? Seriously?
Didnt Corbin drop Perry this year at Perry????? Haddix is a good ofensive coach but he better find some one to coach Defense of he be out in 4 years.
JagNation Wrote:I wasn't trying to insult Haddix. But he's been the most celebrated 6 wins over .500 coach I've seen on the board. I was simply saying that I liked our coach better. What's wrong with liking my coach better than someone elses? And what does our schedule have to do with anything... but if we're talking about schedule, then TRIMBLE COUNTY? Seriously?

Didnt north laurel play grant county. That was a good game to get them prepared for the playoffs. How did that work out anyway?
ballboy Wrote:Didnt Corbin drop Perry this year at Perry????? Haddix is a good ofensive coach but he better find some one to coach Defense of he be out in 4 years.

They may be interested in the ex middlesboro coach.
The Outsider Wrote:Didnt north laurel play grant county. That was a good game to get them prepared for the playoffs. How did that work out anyway?

You cant compare the 2 teams. Each is very different.
I feel North has a tougher district as only south laurel was the only bad team.
Pulaski-state runner up
madison southern-best rb in nation
South west pulaski--should be good
lincoln-usally good and sound
plus they played williamsburg--state runner up

Corbin had
Bell
wayne--state runner up
South west pulaski
knox-who was way down this year

north IMO had a tougher schedule based on a tougher district

what are you corbin fans even complaining about, no one said anything bad about you all.
The Outsider Wrote:Didnt north laurel play grant county. That was a good game to get them prepared for the playoffs. How did that work out anyway?

We are building a program and don't claim to have one of the most storied programs in the state. Wins have been hard to come by, confidence is important. to a program like North, wins are important regardless of who they were against. And how did it work out? Pretty good, we won. Then went on the road and were defeated by a good Perry team with a good coach and better players than we had.

I still say - that I would rather have Chris Larkey at North than Haddix. Nothing against Haddix, he'll probably win Corbin another 5 state titles. Good luck to him. one thing is for sure, he has a great group of PR supporters.
JagNation Wrote:I wasn't trying to insult Haddix. But he's been the most celebrated 6 wins over .500 coach I've seen on the board. I was simply saying that I liked our coach better. What's wrong with liking my coach better than someone elses? And what does our schedule have to do with anything... but if we're talking about schedule, then TRIMBLE COUNTY? Seriously?

Redstorm is a Whitley fan JagNation...I think. :popcorn:
The_Rock Wrote:Theres a couple teams looking for games. Cincinnati Colerain, Lou. Trinity, and Byrnes, SC. Go ahead and schedule them games Haddix if you aint scared.

Harlan Co would be a good team to pick up. Not sure if any open dates or not.
haddix has excitement in redhound land again
JagNation Wrote:About as good a hire as could be expected. But, I wouldn't trade our guy for him.

Confusednicker:
When you got it made and you know your job is safe why does people get this big ego and go try it at a bigger place were you dont have no pull and take a chance of being let go in 4 years if you dont win 8 or 9 games a year and win the district????
ballboy Wrote:When you got it made and you know your job is safe why does people get this big ego and go try it at a bigger place were you dont have no pull and take a chance of being let go in 4 years if you dont win 8 or 9 games a year and win the district????

1. Ambition
2. Drive
3. Competitiveness
SEKYFAN Wrote:1. Ambition
2. Drive
3. Competitiveness

We would still be living comfortable in caves without the above. Can't be satisfied or we will accept mediocrity.
6tom1 Wrote:haddix has excitement in redhound land again

Name a team that gets a new coach that teams dont get excited. They all do.
Which asst coaches will be staying?
Farris?
Duncan?
Mouser?

Who are the other asst coaches?
The Outsider Wrote:Which asst coaches will be staying?
Farris?
Duncan?
Mouser?

Who are the other asst coaches?

I would guess all 3 would.stay. :popcorn:
WSGS 101.1 fm sports talk show tonight at 7.00 o'clock. I'm guessing they will be talking about football,baseball and basketball etc. :popcorn:
I'm guessing 1 out of the 3 stay
The BOE is going to allow administrators to coach so look for Greer and then in turn Jewell to make-up and join forces??? It could happen..... Nay I guess not.
I hear Reid landed at Lynn Camp as an assistant.
Is this true?
Yes
This hire was a no brainer. Haddix is one of the best up and coming coaches around. Haddix will have Corbin a contender once again in 3A. Good Luck to Coach Haddix, and the Redhounds.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I hear Reid landed at Lynn Camp as an assistant.
Is this true?

yeap :rockon:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I hear Reid landed at Lynn Camp as an assistant.
Is this true?

Reid's experience will be a huge addition to the Lynn Camp staff. :Thumbs:
I'm pretty sure everyone will (should) be happy with the assistants that will be helpin.... Be out soon