Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Shelby Valley (15th Region Championship)
Not too long to talk about it, but should be a good game.

Thoughts/predictions?
Sv 64-61
JC wins again to make it a 3 peat!
SV by 5
Jc 64-62
Good luck to Valley. They will be the decided underdog here, but stranger things have happened.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ I love this SV team and I hope they pull it out. Had a chance to see them a couple times this year, good guard play and bigs capable of sold production. Carr is one of the better 15th region players I've seen in a while. Good luck to them!
MidnightRider Wrote:^ I love this SV team and I hope they pull it out. Had a chance to see them a couple times this year, good guard play and bigs capable of sold production. Carr is one of the better 15th region players I've seen in a while. Good luck to them!

Carr is by far the best player in the region
Warthog Wrote:Carr is by far the best player in the region

what I've seen from the 15th I agree. Hall is the popular pick but I really like Carr.
MidnightRider Wrote:what I've seen from the 15th I agree. Hall is the popular pick but I really like Carr.

Hall could be the best
^ I agree I've heard he really doesn't even like playing anymore. Thought he was better as a Soph.
^agree
I am hoping that my Wildcats can pull it off and complete the late season push. But I will said JC win in a close one 65-63. Come on cats, prove me wrong!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warthog Wrote:Carr is by far the best player in the region

:biglmao: not even Top 3
I can't stand JC well their fans but Gullett is best player hands down I've seen all year.
KyRock Wrote:I can't stand JC well their fans but Gullett is best player hands down I've seen all year.

:biglmao: :dudecomeon: :haters:

My heart is broken...... :Sad04:
JC in a close one.
game time???
KyRock Wrote::biglmao: not even Top 3

Why go there? That's your opinion and that's fine, but the coaches around the state don't agree with you! Nope he's not a lottery pick but you won't find a tougher kid that works his butt off everyday. He faces double and triple teams night in and night out. He has had 2 knee surgeries in less than a year and yet he still does what he does. Proud to call him my son!
^ I agree... I thought the kid showed he was one of the top players in the region last night against LC. Had a great game.
Johnson Central 70
Shelby valley 64
Interesting that this is a rematch of the girls' final from 3 days ago. The only difference is that this time the roles are reversed, with Valley playing the role of underdog instead of favorite.

I wonder how many times the boys and girls finals have featured the same two teams?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ First time that this has happened since 1983 when Sheldon Clark and Betsy Layne played each other for both.
should be a dandy, both teams have size. JC depth could make the difference.
alfus21 Wrote:^ First time that this has happened since 1983 when Sheldon Clark and Betsy Layne played each other for both.

Thanks for the info. Figured it would have happened more frequently than that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:USAFlag: Two Great teams,but JC has too mutch deapth. JC by 4.
More Cowbell Wrote:Thanks for the info. Figured it would have happened more frequently than that.

1983 was the only time it's happened until now…pretty historic tonight.

Consider this thought: Which school has owned the Expo while the 15th Region Tournament has been held there?

Tonight is Johnson Central's 5th appearance in the Finals during the 9 years the tournament has been played at the Expo. Johnson Central has won the title in 3 of those trips. This is Shelby Valley's 6th appearance in the Finals during this same stretch and the Wildcats have 4 titles.

Pikeville has made 2 appearances in the finals, no title. Paintsville 1 appearance and 1 title - the only other one NOT claimed by Johnson Central or Shelby Valley at the Expo.
jammin' jamey Wrote:1983 was the only time it's happened until now…pretty historic tonight.

Consider this thought: Which school has owned the Expo while the 15th Region Tournament has been held there?

Tonight is Johnson Central's 5th appearance in the Finals during the 9 years the tournament has been played at the Expo. Johnson Central has won the title in 3 of those trips. This is Shelby Valley's 6th appearance in the Finals during this same stretch and the Wildcats have 4 titles.

Pikeville has made 2 appearances in the finals, no title. Paintsville 1 appearance and 1 title - the only other one NOT claimed by Johnson Central or Shelby Valley at the Expo.

Listening to you doing those games in 1983 is what got me interested in doing radio!:notworthy:notworthy
Shelby Valley by 4 in OT
Johnson Central 65 Shelby Valley 63