•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro job open!!
From an outsider, this is a very tough situation for whoever is hired as the head coach. It will be very hard for anyone to bring the team together. From what has been said, the kids liked Coach Frazier and his son will be a senior on the team. From what I understand, he is a good player and will be a team leader. I dont think that I could warm up to any coach after they just fired my father. I really hate this for the kids. I just dont understand the timing of the termination. Is there something that we dont know? And if there is, how bad could it be when they want to keep him as a teacher? What will they do about spring practice? Weight room? Off season conditioning?
I know it is hard to understand, people do not know the super at Middlesboro. He wants all of his own people. Frazier is teaching and working as AD in the building in conjunction with the AD, that was moved to Principal. Chappell left running from this mess. Frazier is still working with the team in weightroom. I personally hope he stays as AD. This is a messed up situation. Super just wants Middlesboro people. Trust me , now you know it all.:igiveup:
FlippedOut Wrote:I know it is hard to understand, people do not know the super at Middlesboro. He wants all of his own people. Frazier is teaching and working as AD in the building in conjunction with the AD, that was moved to Principal. Chappell left running from this mess. Frazier is still working with the team in weightroom. I personally hope he stays as AD. This is a messed up situation. Super just wants Middlesboro people. Trust me , now you know it all.:igiveup:

What you have explained to us is called politics, When you fire people to hire your friends or your people that is called politics that how you retain your power over the people under you if you don't vote his way then you get moved to another school and if you don't have tenure then you lose your job he don't want Middlesboro people he want people he can control. The poor teacher know exactly what i talking about.
As I've stated before, the football team started a petition to keep coach Frazier even though their efforts will not make a difference. What's done is done. Frazier did nothing wrong and there's no more to the story other than Martin stating "He wants to go in another direction with football." With that being said, he's going to hire his best friends son which is nothing but a political move and has destroyed the enthusiasm of this team.
DJT Wrote:What you have explained to us is called politics, When you fire people to hire your friends or your people that is called politics that how you retain your power over the people under you if you don't vote his way then you get moved to another school and if you don't have tenure then you lose your job he don't want Middlesboro people he want people he can control. The poor teacher know exactly what i talking about.

I agree! What a reason to lose a job!!??! I would think the people at MBoro would be pretty angry. There is such a thing as being put on the agenda for a board meeting to express your opinions!:Thumbs:
I'll tell you guys something about a situation like this...

I've seen more than once a guy get ran out of town only to see new coach and team 3-4 years down the road on the way and take em down. I actually saw a guy win a state championship over a team that ran him out a few years earlier.

I'd have to say in this situation....it'd be nice to see a repeat.
This is a rumor and ONLY a rumor, but I was in Middlesboro today for lunch and talked to a couple of Middlesboro business men and they told me that Massengill was considering not taking the job because of the way things are going. Again this could be totally untrue but it is definitely a rumor. Does anybody close to the program know anything about this?
bear claw Wrote:This is a rumor and ONLY a rumor, but I was in Middlesboro today for lunch and talked to a couple of Middlesboro business men and they told me that Massengill was considering not taking the job because of the way things are going. Again this could be totally untrue but it is definitely a rumor. Does anybody close to the program know anything about this?

I hope it's true. If he takes the job, he will always have a faction of the community resenting him and thinking poorly of him. The man would be in the "guilt by association" category. Taking the job would be to condone what Martin did to Coach Frazier.

And just like an adulterer, if they will do it with you, they will do it to you. What goes around comes around.
I just want to say again that this is only a rumor.
He better stay away from it. It is not a good job and have some lean years ahead of them after this season. Imagine what the SUPT will do if you loose? He just fired a winner?? Makes you wonder about job security and stability of the program if you are a canidate for the job.
If the rumor is true middlesboro has put themselves in a bad situation. What happens if he turns down the job do they try and go back to Frazier, would he even consider the job again.
I was told yesterday that massengill's dad will probaly be the new principle at the middle or high school. So ??????????
I know none of the parties involved in this situation but I feel sorry for almost everyone conserned. Coach Frazier and his son. The principal who apparently had nothing to do with it. The incoming coach who is being put in an almost impossible situation. The entire MBoro fan base. And, by far most importantly, the returning players. I dont have a dog in this fight, but it is just an overall bad situation. If the incoming coach presently has a good job, he would be well served not to get invloved in this situation. This is the type of thing that happened in the 60's and 70's, not present day. Everyone that I have talked with can hardly believe that it has taken place!
FlippedOut Wrote:I know it is hard to understand, people do not know the super at Middlesboro. He wants all of his own people. Frazier is teaching and working as AD in the building in conjunction with the AD, that was moved to Principal. Chappell left running from this mess. Frazier is still working with the team in weightroom. I personally hope he stays as AD. This is a messed up situation. Super just wants Middlesboro people. Trust me , now you know it all.:igiveup:

you obviously do not know anything. Frazier is a health teacher. Not the Athletic Director. Bobby Bennett is the principal and has never had any affiliation with coaching or AD. Chappell left to accept a much better job and regardless of the situation or not he was going to be gone. Frazier is not the AD
Let me help you. The AD is now the principal at the Middle School. Bobby Bennett ask Frazier to work in the building as AD with Bill Jones, while he was out of the building. Jason Chappell would have never left, if this mess had not happened. Do not want to argue , but that is what is going on...period.
BigDawgPrez Wrote:you obviously do not know anything. Frazier is a health teacher. Not the Athletic Director. Bobby Bennett is the principal and has never had any affiliation with coaching or AD. Chappell left to accept a much better job and regardless of the situation or not he was going to be gone. Frazier is not the AD

From what I was told by a bunch of M'boro teachers and parents I think you are the 1 confused???
BigDawgPrez Wrote:you obviously do not know anything. Frazier is a health teacher. Not the Athletic Director. Bobby Bennett is the principal and has never had any affiliation with coaching or AD. Chappell left to accept a much better job and regardless of the situation or not he was going to be gone. Frazier is not the AD

Frazier teaches health and weight lifting. He IS helping Bill Jones with the AD position. That was confirmed during the bball district championship. Chappell would not have left had Frazier not gotten fired. To comment on Massengill and one of the earlier posts, there's no way Massengill won't accept the Mboro position. He's the reason they fired Frazier. It's too late for him to decline it now.
Bobcatsrocks Wrote:I was told yesterday that massengill's dad will probaly be the new principle at the middle or high school. So ??????????

Bill Jones is Principal at the Middle School. He will more than likely have the intern title removed soon. There is no chance of this happening.
However, I have heard a new possible coaching candidate at Middlesboro.

Brian Williams. Played at Middlesboro in early 80s, went to UK to play, and even played a little in the NFL. Had been coaching at a small college in Texas, however is now on staff with Dudley Hilton as DC at UPike. Wanted to move closer to his son who went to school at Prestonsburg.

He would be another great candidate but kind of a different direction than Massengill
Massengill will be your new coach. Williams has no interest in this mess. People of Middlesboro really think this is going to be the best canidate that applys for the job. LOL
I have heard Dudley will look into the position. Then what will the super do?
This job was never open and Dudley knows that. He has not and will not apply for this. The new coach is already looked into a house and has his staff together, and Middlesboro has not had the first interview. As much as Dudley would want to come back to Bell County, and play and beat Bell county, he will never wear those colors. Good news for the Bobcats.
Ill be completely honest, Whitley should of hired Frazier as Head Coach and gave him the AD job as well, and he could have brought Chappell with him.
Siler isn't a good choice for Whitley at AD and that will show in time.

We screwed that one up. At least we got one out of the deal, hopefully Mboros super runs frazier off so he can come on over lol.
Why would any coach want to take a position this way. I will be surprised if this don't hurt the jackets upcoming season. Politics at its best.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill be completely honest, Whitley should of hired Frazier as Head Coach and gave him the AD job as well, and he could have brought Chappell with him.
Siler isn't a good choice for Whitley at AD and that will show in time.

We screwed that one up. At least we got one out of the deal, hopefully Mboros super runs frazier off so he can come on over lol.

is Siler still interim?
pjdoug Wrote:is Siler still interim?

Yes, and from the looks of it will be permanent before long. IDK why though, I would think being principal at Central would make a lot more money than being AD and a teacher.

Its all hear say though, they may bring somebody totally new in.
Is the boys basketball coach getting fired for that horrible loss they just suffered?
Full deck Wrote:Is the boys basketball coach getting fired for that horrible loss they just suffered?

If the super has a friend or a relative of a friend that is from Middlesboro and coaches basketball then he very well could be.
I don't think the boys basketball coach is getting fired for that loss, although it was pretty bad. Under Coach Thompson's leadership, the program has a All A regional championship, a district championship, 2 district runner ups, and 3 straight regional appearances which hasn't happened since 1991. He and his staff run a solid program.
I think you missed the point. No one thinks he should be, he is a great coach. The administration on the other hand??????????????????????????????
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next