Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA stats leaders as of 2/20
I see where Sean Hughes of Riverside is tied for #1 in scoring. That is pretty big. Although it is just Riverside, Hughes can play. He would probably start for Knott Central or Perry Central, who are both weak at the SG spot. The kid can play.
Congrats to Jordan Perry for leading all-time scorer in Morgan County History! 1722 points! and only a sophomore. This kid is going to be great! Smile
Since I have been old enough to remember watching high school basketball in the 14th region, Justin Johnson is the best big man I have seen come through here. His rebounding numbers are amazing and I know for a fact every rebound he gets is legit. His numbers are not padded.
I'll take Hall over Johnson. Hall is shooting 77% from the field wow.

Johnson's rebound numbers are insane and from the games I've watched he does go up and get em. Offensive game needs some work.
Defense and rebound are a lot more important then scoring when it comes to playing basketball. Always has been that way and always will be that way
I agree with ya on that! Sadly those two things are becoming lost arts. Games more focused on shooting three's and lazy zone defenses.
Thta's usually the players I spot on the court, I love watching guys give it everything they got on the court. Some guys that play today never have to score the ball for there team, but they play because of defense and rebounding. That's the way I played, I took pride in defense and rebounding
MidnightRider Wrote:I'll take Hall over Johnson. Hall is shooting 77% from the field wow.

Johnson's rebound numbers are insane and from the games I've watched he does go up and get em. Offensive game needs some work.

I think Hall's numbers are padded a little bit Wink

I can't be 100% sure that they are.
But I know of instances that I've seen Camron miss a few FTs and they get left off when they're reported to the KHSAA.
I've never looked for Evan's so don't quote me on it - I just have my suspicions.
Zaga...can you remember watching a big man come through the 14th as good as Justin Johnson?
zaga_fan Wrote:I think Hall's numbers are padded a little bit Wink

But I know of instances that I've seen Camron miss a few FTs and they get left off when they're reported to the KHSAA.
I've never looked for Evan's so don't quote me on it - I just have my suspicions.

That's a possibility and wouldn't be surprising.

I just like Hall's game. Nothing against Johnson. He's a beast and one of the most athletic kids I've seen.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Zaga...can you remember watching a big man come through the 14th as good as Justin Johnson?

There's a lot of factors that go into what makes someone a great big man - and I've seen a lot of them around here.

I'll say this...
I've never seen a better rebounder and he would be in the running for best big man.
MidnightRider Wrote:That's a possibility and wouldn't be surprising.

I just like Hall's game. Nothing against Johnson. He's a beast and one of the most athletic kids I've seen.

Hall has a great game.
He's more of a finesse big man while Johnson is more of a power guy.
You can't lose with either of em.
I would love to have both them on my team. Hall has gotten better for sure and so has Johnson. Hall doesn't put up the numbers like Johnson because he is really the 2nd option on the team. Not the case w/ Johnson. Johnson is and will always be the 1st option on the floor when PCC plays. Johnson is the BEST rebounder I've EVER seen in Highschool period!! I've seen him chase rebounds from one side of the floor all the way to the other side while fighting 3/4 ppl. Just enjoy this kid cause ain't no more like him coming for a long time! I know he chose WKU but there is NO doubt in my mind he could play in the SEC. No doubt!
I think it should be mandatory for all teams to report stats to the KHSAA. We can never really say who leads the state in what because a lot of teams don't even report.
Johnson 18 rpg is insane
zaga_fan Wrote:I think Hall's numbers are padded a little bit Wink

Really? You are welcome to audit stat sheets and score book. I am the one who submits the stats to KHSAA and I double check every stat before sending them to KHSAA. Everything is legit. Mistakes?, possible but not likely. WE have no reason to inflate or pad stats. I think myself and The Patriot Basketball Family deserve an apology for these accusations. Evan Hall is less than 1% of setting a state record for field goal percentage. You sat behind the bench Friday night (PCC game), did you hear coaches tell stats people to not mark shots or missed free throws? Give me the games you say Camron's free throws were left off. I guarentee Cam can tell you every free throw that he missed.
I agree Warthog!! That's just stupid #'s for rebounds.
killerb Wrote:Really? You are welcome to audit stat sheets and score book. I am the one who submits the stats to KHSAA and I double check every stat before sending them to KHSAA. Everything is legit. Mistakes?, possible but not likely. WE have no reason to inflate or pad stats. I think myself and The Patriot Basketball Family deserve an apology for these accusations. Evan Hall is less than 1% of setting a state record for field goal percentage. You sat behind the bench Friday night (PCC game), did you hear coaches tell stats people to not mark shots or missed free throws? Give me the games you say Camron's free throws were left off. I guarentee Cam can tell you every free throw that he missed.

Calm down there, brother.
I'm passing on double talk and I said I couldn't confirm it.
I apologize because I shouldn't have said "padding".
I should have said I don't think the numbers add up.
I don't think the kid shoots 78% and I don't think that Johnson shoots 65+ for that matter.
He very well may shoot 78%...
I've only seen em 4 or 5 times this year.
When 85% of your shots are either layups or dunks,, 78% would be about right.
Mix1 Wrote:When 85% of your shots are either layups or dunks,, 78% would be about right.

Maybe so...
but I can't wrap my head around it.

That's basically making 4 out of every 5 shots.
Most big men are doing good to be about 60%

Maybe if I watched the kid play more than I have I would think otherwise.
I believe I saw one miss last night,
But they have him at 8-11. I thought he did better.
ah boys...
He's pretty well money from 5 feet in. He can step out and make 3s if need and a good 12' face up shooter but his money shot is in around point blank. He has a pretty good wingspan,, so he's not really challenged much up close.