Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Coach at Garrard?
pjdoug Wrote:soup beans

And fried cornbread?
Any news?
gridirondaddy Wrote:If they hire Jerry Perry, they will get one heck of a math teacher - if he is in the classroom.

Yes he is. But, he has one more year before he can retire from the classroom. That will happen, too. You can take that to the bank.

However, there are ways to keep a retired teacher "in the building", and with a lucrative offer such as allowing that teacher to make up to his maximum daily threshold while still getting his full retirement pension.
Jack Lambert Wrote:And fried cornbread?

Hey you all know that stuff is bad for your hearth right? Hahahaha
Tim Kirk is out of the running, he is going with Coach Scenters to Central, ran into him last night and he told me so.
FBfan4life Wrote:Hey you all know that stuff is bad for your hearth right? Hahahaha

The soup beans are bad for my tummy to, but I eat 'em every now and then.
Jack Lambert Wrote:The soup beans are bad for my tummy to, but I eat 'em every now and then.

Maybe filet of soup beans would agree with you more bud. :biggrin:

Soup beans, skillet cornbread, fried potatoes....that's walking in tall cotton there. Who needs filet mignon?:biggrin:
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Tim Kirk is out of the running, he is going with Coach Scenters to Central, ran into him last night and he told me so.

True... Now you have a Math Teachers position open and Special Ed position
open....
papagrit Wrote:Maybe filet of soup beans would agree with you more bud. :biggrin:

Soup beans, skillet cornbread, fried potatoes....that's walking in tall cotton there. Who needs filet mignon?:biggrin:

we don't know what bean soup is in southeast kentucky lol
pjdoug Wrote:we don't know what bean soup is in southeast kentucky lol

Like 'em thick do ya.
Biggest question is still whether Coach Perry's son joins his dad at Garrard or stays at Boyle. Being a Sr. next year you might think he would stay at Boyle but he's only been there for a year coming from Danville when his dad joined the staff this season. What will Jerry do for assistants? Any old Danville guys?
Has Perry been announced officially?
No he hasn't
64black&gold Wrote:No he hasn't

Well, if they do get him, it would be a good hire in my opinion. As far as the boy goes, I'd think he would want to stay with his buddies, but, if has just been there one year then I don't know how he and his family would handle it. Three high schools in four years would be sort of tough. Learning the kids and the systems from each school should take a year in itself.
pjdoug Wrote:we don't know what bean soup is in southeast kentucky lol

Hahaha. We definitely don't know what that is here in Lex or Cincy area.
Several quality applicants.... Garrard will have a solid coach for next year!!
64black&gold Wrote:Biggest question is still whether Coach Perry's son joins his dad at Garrard or stays at Boyle. Being a Sr. next year you might think he would stay at Boyle but he's only been there for a year coming from Danville when his dad joined the staff this season. What will Jerry do for assistants? Any old Danville guys?

No,,, the biggest question is who gets the job... If it is Perry, then everyone
can speculate about his son.... Knowing Perry,, he will leave it up to Jerred.

As for assistants,,, he will probably bring some in, but I also think that he takes a
look at a couple already at Garrard. Owens (AD) and Baierlein (asst. Mercer). Those
two would be quality add-ons to any staff...
jw4914 Wrote:No,,, the biggest question is who gets the job... If it is Perry, then everyone

As for assistants,,, he will probably bring some in, but I also think that he takes a
look at a couple already at Garrard. Owens (AD) and Baierlein (asst. Mercer). Those

We would be more than happy to keep the Perry's at Boyle.
jlow Wrote:We would be more than happy to keep the Perry's at Boyle.

Completely understand,,, But there is plenty in Garrard that would like to
take him away from Boyle......
jw4914 Wrote:Completely understand,,, But there is plenty in Garrard that would like to
take him away from Boyle......

I guess the key is if the one pulling the trigger is one of the "plenty"
FBfan4life Wrote:Hahaha. We definitely don't know what that is here in Lex or Cincy area.

yankees eat bean soup.we eat soup beans lol
From what I have been told Coach Owens will not be coaching football next year.
jw4914 Wrote:No,,, the biggest question is who gets the job... If it is Perry, then everyone

Can Owens coach and be AD at the same time?

Who is Baierlein? If he works at Garrard, would make sense he would apply. Would he be willing to work for someone he lost the job to?
FarristownFlyer Wrote:From what I have been told Coach Owens will not be coaching football next year.

Coach Owens likes the AD position,, and I feel that he would be more than
happy helping with the defensive scheme of things.. Similar to what he was
doing with Scenters......
gridirondaddy Wrote:Can Owens coach and be AD at the same time?

Who is Baierlein? If he works at Garrard, would make sense he would apply. Would he be willing to work for someone he lost the job to?

Owens can AD and be an assistant.... He fits that placement very well.

As for Baierlein, he is a Garrard Teacher, he was the Head Coach of Garrard
Middle for several years with a Salt River Championship under his belt. Left
the GMS position to be an assistant at Mercer under Pardue. His only downfall
is his lack of experience at the High School level, but I believe that he has the
skills to be effective at the High School level. IMO, I think he would enjoy
being apart of his hometown football program no matter what the capacity.
If he has applied, the hiring committee should take a hard look at him. If he
did not apply, the next HC should really take a close look at him and see what
he brings to the table.
jw4914 Wrote:Owens can AD and be an assistant.... He fits that placement very well.

As for Baierlein, he is a Garrard Teacher, he was the Head Coach of Garrard
Middle for several years with a Salt River Championship under his belt. Left
the GMS position to be an assistant at Mercer under Pardue. His only downfall
is his lack of experience at the High School level, but I believe that he has the
skills to be effective at the High School level. IMO, I think he would enjoy
being apart of his hometown football program no matter what the capacity.
If he has applied, the hiring committee should take a hard look at him. If he
did not apply, the next HC should really take a close look at him and see what
he brings to the table.

I may be wrong, but I think Baierlein played for Perry at GC
Heard from a source that Jerry Perry is a done deal. My question would be are they still planning on introducing him at the Grand Theater during the intermission between showings of Gone With The Wind and Jaws?
old_school_hero Wrote:Heard from a source that Jerry Perry is a done deal. My question would be are they still planning on introducing him at the Grand Theater during the intermission between showings of Gone With The Wind and Jaws?

Not a done deal, yet..... Should know in a couple of weeks....
Does the Grand Theater sell popcorn, candy & refreshments like a regular movie theater does? Always wanted to catch a movie in there, but I'm holding out until they show Smokey And The Bandit.
If Perry goes to GC, can you not say this might have been the best "win-win-win-win" coaching transfers ever among four teams?

Southwestern, Boyle, Madison Central, and Garrard County all get great coaches.