Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia has article in Lexington Herald 12/18/13
Can't wait until everyone gets to read the Lex Herald article on Cordia. It's the most heart warming story you will ever read. The way those Lotts Creek ppl are taking care of all those kids from such bad situations. They are truly building something special up there. It also goes on to talk about how the boys didn't even know Cordia had a team until after they visited there. I think they said that they didn't even meet Rhodes until after a month of being on Lotts Creek. One even says after he found out they had a BBall team he tried out and a month later Rhodes told him he made the team. Great story!!! I'm sure the judge will buy it.
Is it this story? http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/17/30396...-play.html
I cried my eyes out while reading it.

Can't believe the big bad KHSAA would do this.
Almost as bad as them not counting Billy Hicks's wins with ineligible players.
Confusednicker:
Embarrassing that cordia would even write such crap as this
Careful now, all has been quiet for a few days.
bradc Wrote:Embarrassing that cordia would even write such crap as this

pure coincidence that these star players found Cordia out in the middle of nowhere Confusednicker::hilarious:
Great article!! Just think they can use these in there recruiting letters. That's got to have the rest of 14th playing catch up.
bradc Wrote:Embarrassing that cordia would even write such crap as this

:rules: KHSAA if the family move your kid can play no matter where you come from period....RIGHT :rockon: CORDIA
ah boys...
Unreal
Westside Wrote:ah boys...

Took the words right out of my mouth
64SUR Wrote::rules: KHSAA if the family move your kid can play no matter where you come from period....RIGHT :rockon: CORDIA

I'm not from Cordia or any of its rivals. I'm hundreds of miles away. Several regions away.

That being said:

1) Lawsuit mentions Cordia's educational opportunities. Umm, Cordia is statistically/test-wise among the very worst in Kentucky.

2) Lawsuit mentions one of the players having a chance at a basketball scholarship. Umm, KHSAA FORBIDS that as a reason as a valid transfer exception for moving schools.

3) Lawsuit mentions both players/families "renting" an apartment. Renting, plus apartments, are both no-nos for moving in the KHSAA's eyes because they're easy to get out of and are cheaper (compared to houses).

4) Lawsuit mentions KHSAA finding too many kids ineligible. Go back and check. More than 3/4ths of kids are found ELIGIBLE/CLEARED.

I'm not shedding a tear in this case.
zaga_fan Wrote:Took the words right out of my mouth

Zaga, you invented the greatest phrase ever uttered on this site. You should copyright it. Then, you could charge me every time I use it.
Cordia did themselves no favor with this article. She even mentioned that she is being investigated for paying these kids to come play. I have heard many rumors of this but didnt know if it was true. Now we all know its true she is being investigated
What makes it look even worse on Cordia is the fact Hines left after being ruled ineligible. More proof that these kids are brought in to play ball and it has nothing to do with anything else.
KY Headhunter Wrote:What makes it look even worse on Cordia is the fact Hines left after being ruled ineligible. More proof that these kids are brought in to play ball and it has nothing to do with anything else.
Them why are the other two still here then? Know-it-all!!!!!
MissB Wrote:Them why are the other two still here then? Know-it-all!!!!!
Well Miss B if they are here for their well being and education then why would you leave in middle of year because you get ruled ineligible?
KY Headhunter Wrote:Well Miss B if they are here for their well being and education then why would you leave in middle of year because you get ruled ineligible?
I'm referring to Ortiz and Chapman. They are still here. They could Have left like Hines( who scored 18 pts last night) but they are not. So it must be something else! Hines is old news now.
Hines is already playin somewhere how do we follow him see his stats and stuff
MissB Wrote:I'm referring to Ortiz and Chapman. They are still here. They could Have left like Hines( who scored 18 pts last night) but they are not. So it must be something else! Hines is old news now.

Old news now because he's not playing ball for Cordia? Point made by an obvious Cordia homer (MissB) that this IS all about basketball and nothing else or using a term like "old news now" wouldn't be used IF they actually cared. I'd respect Cordia a whole lot more if they would just call this for what most have been saying since Rhodes has gotten here and almost all are now, bringing them in to play ball. No huge influx of out of state talent randomly showed up for credit recovery to Cordia before. Additionally, the same story keeps getting used for these players and this article points that out. Obviously it is possible but those two background stories of Ortiz and Chapman just seem to similar to me and very similar to situations from previous years. It must be something else that Ortiz and Chapman are hanging around for and that is what might be interesting to see. So tired of this same attacking Cordia whining. People are fed up with the obvious situation that is happening.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Old news now because he's not playing ball for Cordia? Point made by an obvious Cordia homer (MissB) that this IS all about basketball and nothing else or using a term like "old news now" wouldn't be used IF they actually cared. I'd respect Cordia a whole lot more if they would just call this for what most have been saying since Rhodes has gotten here and almost all are now, bringing them in to play ball. No huge influx of out of state talent randomly showed up for credit recovery to Cordia before. Additionally, the same story keeps getting used for these players and this article points that out. Obviously it is possible but those two background stories of Ortiz and Chapman just seem to similar to me and very similar to situations from previous years. It must be something else that Ortiz and Chapman are hanging around for and that is what might be interesting to see. So tired of this same attacking Cordia whining. People are fed up with the obvious situation that is happening.

Really it's not that Hines is old new it's sad that he and the others got caught up in this mess. These kids happen to be student athletes with parents that obviously care and that's the sin? What I find really annoying is that KHSAA have these kids living in wait because there rule states that the father and son does not constitute a legitimate move...... Excuse me but with all of young black males who do not have fathers or even father figures in their live this should be praised rather than cursed. I honestly feel regardless as to what individual feels are we must practice speaking FACTS ONLY!!!!! Fact Malik left because he has college basketball dreams and no matter how good of a player he without academics there is no college and without court time there is no recruitment. And this is killing Oritz (he is a Senior). So for Chapman and Ortiz is it the reverse........ If the kids and their fathers have moved how is that any different than CC move with his mother....... both are parents all should be eligible. Really it sound like a case of discrimination to me KHSAA lawyers should be praying this is the suit..... easy win notify your KHSAA official they might want to rethink that ruling.:Sad04::Sad04:
I'm not defending the KHSAA, I do not care what they do or decide. They have their rules which the schools who compete under them have accepted, they enforce and govern these rules and players are ruled eligible and ineligible everywhere in the state, not just Cordia. It is simple to see there is a connection between the most recent coaching hire at Cordia and the influx of players requesting transfers to the school. That, as an outsider of the program, is what I see. To place Cordia on a pedestal as a high level academic school and boast it's credit recovery program as a reason for students to transfer in and claim to have never known Roderick Rhodes coached there before their arrival is comical in my opinion. Just call it for what it is. I don't see a reason for anyone to bring race into it.
the crossover Wrote:Really it's not that Hines is old new it's sad that he and the others got caught up in this mess. These kids happen to be student athletes with parents that obviously care and that's the sin? What I find really annoying is that KHSAA have these kids living in wait because there rule states that the father and son does not constitute a legitimate move...... Excuse me but with all of young black males who do not have fathers or even father figures in their live this should be praised rather than cursed. I honestly feel regardless as to what individual feels are we must practice speaking FACTS ONLY!!!!! Fact Malik left because he has college basketball dreams and no matter how good of a player he without academics there is no college and without court time there is no recruitment. And this is killing Oritz (he is a Senior). So for Chapman and Ortiz is it the reverse........ If the kids and their fathers have moved how is that any different than CC move with his mother....... both are parents all should be eligible. Really it sound like a case of discrimination to me KHSAA lawyers should be praying this is the suit..... easy win notify your KHSAA official they might want to rethink that ruling.:Sad04::Sad04:
GO TO A PREP SCHOOL!!!!! Thats what they are for. Anybody that tries to say these kids living in NY or NJ were looking for a school to attend and they just happen to both stumble upon Cordia is smoking crack. How many transfers does Cordia have at their school who doesnt play basketball? Im talking about kids who lived 5 states away and decided to come get that great education on Lotts Crk.
I don't believe many of us are gullible enough to believe that they come to get a good education lol
I for one love having the Cordia Lions competing in the region with all of the talent they bring in...

But there are too many points brought up in this thread to prove these transfers aren't legit.

Like if this is not about basketball then why does Hines leave?

If Cordia is attracting kids for credit recovery and academics then why didn't this start happening until Rhodes got here?

If this all started when Rhodes got here: what are the chances that he never talked to these kids until they enrolled?

If this is such a better environment for these kids: then why did Cordia make national news last year for the racial stuff that went down before and at the Knott Central game.

The Lotts Creek Nation can't explain any if this stuff because we all know what's going on.

Rod is bringing these kids in to play ball and that's all she wrote.

There are two things in this world you can't argue with...

Facts
And people from Knott County.
zaga_fan Wrote:I for one love having the Cordia Lions competing in the region with all of the talent they bring in...

But there are too many points brought up in this thread to prove these transfers aren't legit.

Like if this is not about basketball then why does Hines leave?

If Cordia is attracting kids for credit recovery and academics then why didn't this start happening until Rhodes got here?

If this all started when Rhodes got here: what are the chances that he never talked to these kids until they enrolled?

If this is such a better environment for these kids: then why did Cordia make national news last year for the racial stuff that went down before and at the Knott Central game.

The Lotts Creek Nation can't explain any if this stuff because we all know what's going on.

Rod is bringing these kids in to play ball and that's all she wrote.

There are two things in this world you can't argue with...

Facts
And people from Knott County.
You just said it all.
Preach it Zaga
I just want someone who is for/from Cordia to reply on here and let me know why myself and others are wrong simply to see what justification might be used.
Here's another brain buster...

Does Cordia get any of these underprivileged transfers that don't play sports?