Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reclassifications for 2014
http://khsaa.org/football/realignment/20...isting.pdf

Enrollment by class for football for current alignment.
I think each class will lose 4-5 and gain 4-5 new ones.

Its the schools like Highlands going to 3A that will make for interesting talk.

Highlands in 3A and Cov Cath in 5A. Who woulda thought?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think each class will lose 4-5 and gain 4-5 new ones.

Its the schools like Highlands going to 3A that will make for interesting talk.

Highlands in 3A and Cov Cath in 5A. Who woulda thought?

Highlands would rather be playing in 5A, would they not? Dropping to 3A might drive them nuts.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Highlands in the current alignment is the smallest 4A school, very good chance that they could drop to 3A next time around.

You are correct Dad. FT Highlands is around 420 male students and Lexington Catholic is at 425. The cut off is at 417, so you are talking about 2 great programs that could drop to 3A.
http://khsaa.org/reports/enrollments/201...enroll.pdf

Thought this was the data they went by to determine the enrollment. This is what's on the website. It is different than what is posted above.
Recruiting TNT?
I hope your kidding right? More like, who wouldn't want to send their son to one of the finest academic and athletic high schools in the country, let alone the state.
Looking at KHSAA numbers for average 2 year male enrollment it looks like Bishop Brossert and Fort Knox will likely move to 1A. Mayfield and Allen Central will probably move up to 2A. Nicholas County, Beechwood, and Crittendon County are very close for the last 2 1A schools.
It will be interesting.
Middlesboro will go to 1A. Numbers for the last two years 201, 187 this years and falling.
KHSAA shows Middlesboro with 226.5
Jumper Dad Wrote:http://khsaa.org/football/realignment/20...isting.pdf

Enrollment by class for football for current alignment.

I think these are numbers from the last realignment. as it has Leslie co. in District 7... I think the numbers on the khsaa website are the ones they used and it has alot of teams moving up and down..
Highlands won't drop to 3a because of the travel.
E's Army Wrote:KHSAA shows Middlesboro with 226.5

That is my point. 2 years ago 226, last year 201, right now 187 and falling.
Look at the numbers under stats in the KHSAA stats. It gives numbers for 12-13. The numbers under football are those used when the reclassification was done.
Last year we finished with 201, 2013....This year as of today we have 187 for 2014. Just had my wife look at them this morning. She teaches there. So assuming we get no students and lose none 187 for 2014. Not sure when they reclassified.

According to her they look at the numbers when you start school, not when the year is over. So may be off some. But 187 today, WOW
I think you could possibly see 3 Eastern Ky 2A Districts and that doesn't include the Somerset, Danville, Lex. Cath district. I see Leslie, P-Burg, Shelby Valley, Betsy Lane, Middlesboro as already being 2 A and not being able to move, and Magoffin, East ridge, Morgan, Knott, Bath, Russell, Sheldon Clark, and Jackson Co. all being within the 2A enrollment.

We'll see.. I'm sure they all won't be in 2A, but I'll bet you'll have more than a couple...
The 2014 school year numbers will count towards the next realignment if I'm not mistaken. It'll be 13-14, 14-15 that makes up the next alignment.
http://portal.ksba.org/public/Meeting.as...cyTypeID=1

April (2014)
"Adopt football alignment of teams for the 2015-2018 seasons"
Election of 2014-2015 officers

Considering football alignment will be done in April 2014, that means 2014-15 enrollment numbers will NOT be used (wouldn't even be available).

2012-13 (last school year) and 2013-14 (school year we are currently in) are the the ones being used.

Alignment has to be done in 2014 so teams can get started on 2015 scheduling (since schedules are done early in two-year rotating blocks).

After April 2014, teams would NOT change classes again until April 2018 (except for merger/consolidation/closure issues)
E's Army Wrote:Realignment is 2015. Numbers will stay the same in classes. Faces will change some. Some Schools at the top end of a class will surpass some of the bottom schools in the next class. Checking the KHSSA site it looks like Mayfield may bump up to 2A. But this is subject to change. A difference in just a few kids will determine some schools classes. Highlands looks like they are in 4A to stay.

Highlands is the smallest 4A school. It's entirely possible that they'll be 3A for the next classification, especially since CovCath is likely to be 5A.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
If you are talking about this it could be possible Middlesboro gets sent down to 1A. Their numbers are down. If that happens could be a very blingy couple of years for the jackets
cksportsfan Wrote:http://portal.ksba.org/public/Meeting.as...cyTypeID=1

April (2014)
"Adopt football alignment of teams for the 2015-2018 seasons"
Election of 2014-2015 officers

Considering football alignment will be done in April 2014, that means 2014-15 enrollment numbers will NOT be used (wouldn't even be available).

2012-13 (last school year) and 2013-14 (school year we are currently in) are the the ones being used.

Alignment has to be done in 2014 so teams can get started on 2015 scheduling (since schedules are done early in two-year rotating blocks).

After April 2014, teams would NOT change classes again until April 2018 (except for merger/consolidation/closure issues)

Thank You for the information. I was off on my years.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Highlands in the current alignment is the smallest 4A school, very good chance that they could drop to 3A next time around.

It would be very interesting if they did.
Reclassification is in 2015, but there will be a few schools that will try to make the move a year early. Because Bishop Brossart's numbers are lower than Beechwood's now, and Brossart is at a point where they could use a little success to keep the program alive, I think they'll try to move down to 1A.
toussaints Wrote:Reclassification is in 2015, but there will be a few schools that will try to make the move a year early. Because Bishop Brossart's numbers are lower than Beechwood's now, and Brossart is at a point where they could use a little success to keep the program alive, I think they'll try to move down to 1A.

Except 1-A is 8 districts of 4 teams each.

If Brossart goes down, someone else would have to come up.

Doubt THAT's gonna happen just for a one-year basis before a realignment is supposed to hit anyway.

They're not gonna move down one school for one season with a major change on the horizon, no matter how many kids they lost.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Highlands would rather be playing in 5A, would they not? Dropping to 3A might drive them nuts.

They wont be allowed.
If they have 3A numbers, they'll play in 3A.

Some interesting post on here.

If the realignment is going by the 2013-2014 numbers, then we should already be able to see whos going to be where.

Now, somebody just has to do the leg work of looking up all schools enrollment numbers for this school year and you will see where they'll be.
cksportsfan Wrote:Except 1-A is 8 districts of 4 teams each.

If Brossart goes down, someone else would have to come up.

Doubt THAT's gonna happen just for a one-year basis before a realignment is supposed to hit anyway.

They're not gonna move down one school for one season with a major change on the horizon, no matter how many kids they lost.

Beechwood would come up, which is why I mentioned them in that post

I agree with you, I doubt the KHSAA would let that happen because they're so close to realignment. I think Brossart would like to try mainly so the state remembers when realignment comes up. I do know being in 1A would help Brossart instead of 2A where it hurt them
FlippedOut Wrote:Last year we finished with 201, 2013....This year as of today we have 187 for 2014. Just had my wife look at them this morning. She teaches there. So assuming we get no students and lose none 187 for 2014. Not sure when they reclassified.

According to her they look at the numbers when you start school, not when the year is over. So may be off some. But 187 today, WOW

I knew the overall enrollment was just barely over 400 so I knew it had to be close to that. Middlesboro is almost a lock for 1A. If so, the could dominate for the next few year. I think they play in the state championship if they were in 1A next year