Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
Good anylsis EKU EXCEPT the part about Wayne and Bell. Wayne was substatially bigger than Bell, although this was 1 of the smaller Bell teams in years. Wayne is a very, very strong team upfront. Little better than what most realize.
William Muney Wrote:Good anylsis EKU EXCEPT the part about Wayne and Bell. Wayne was substatially bigger than Bell, although this was 1 of the smaller Bell teams in years. Wayne is a very, very strong team upfront. Little better than what most realize.

I don't think anyone disputes that. They're not a very quick line, but strong. 70 and 66 are men.
Good Luck to the Belfry Pirates, bring that trophy back
to the Pond Creek Nation !!!

Belfry 21
Wayne County 15
This should be the most exciting game of all. Be careful traveling to and from.
I hope my BGR Belfry friends don't get mad, but this is my honest prediction.

I will be pulling for you guys all the way. I hope you make me eat some crow.

With the expected weather conditions and Belfry still having trouble hanging onto the ball I think Wayne will win the turnover battle and pull out a close win.

Good luck to both teams for an injury free game. Everyone please be safe in your travels. I really hope Belfry brings home the hardware............

Wayne 30
Belfry 22
I have debated it all week and have decided I just can not predict a final score in this game. I think Belfry has the elements needed to win but Wayne is on a magical, emotional run and after 2007, 2008(not state), 2010, 2011 and 2012 I know that absolutely anything can and will happen. I have seen miracles and heartbreaks in my time as a Belfry fan and I plan to sit back tomorrow evening and enjoy this journey win or lose these seniors have been an absolute pleasure to watch.
Saddens me that I will not be in attendance due to the Ice factor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well go!!! It won't hurt you to stay an extra night if the roads get bad!!!
I have coached against both teams the last few years and both programs have showed my teams nothing but class, both have great teams, coaches and fans, clearly the two best teams. This is as even as a match up there is. Maybe this is obvious but in even match ups like this it comes down to turnovers, whoever, holds on to the ball and wins the turnover battle wins this game, both teams will make you pay and capitalize on turnovers so ball security is key, duh right :lame: could say this for almost every game :Clap: Like many posters I have a lot of respect for both teams, and hate to see either one lose....should be a tremendous game, God speed to both!

24-21 to the team who wins the turnover battle...
Granny Bear Wrote:Well go!!! It won't hurt you to stay an extra night if the roads get bad!!!

I dont have the $$ for a hotel or I would haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not watched Wayne play any this year but Im still going with pirates. Too much talent.
The officials for the game, anyone know anything about them.

Referee – Mike Walker
Umpire – David Huffman
Linesman – Terry Wade Flener
Line Judge – Scott Hargitt
Back Judge – Daniel Rogers
This crew is from the Western part of the state. Out in the Hopkinsville, Bowling Green, and Owensboro area. All of them have at least 7 years experience. How did you find out who the officials were for the game?
http://khsaa.org/football/2013/3aflipcardweb.pdf

6 Cards go both ways for the most part (Clem plays extensively at WR but is not a starter) including 2 D-Linemen... two of their DL reserves also start on offense.

2 Belfry players start both ways, none of which on the Line. Bentley and Hatfield will not start both ways, but will each see extensive action on both sides of the football

Belfry Starting OL vs. Wayne Starting Front 7
Gibbs 6'0 255 Soph
Lester 5'9 232 Sr
Francis 5'11 316 Jr
Mullins 6'0 258 Jr
Nelson 6'0 200 Sr
Bentley 6'4 255 Fr

Average Size= 6'0 253

Parmley- 5'9 176 Jr
Woolridge- 5'10 271 Sr
Rednour- 5'5 245 Jr
Humble- 6'3 221 Sr
Corder- 5'11 240 Sr
Pierce- 6'0 182 Jr
Barnes- 6'0 210 Sr

Average Size= 5'11 221
Wayne Starting OL vs. Belfry Front 7

Philpot- 5'11 273 Jr
Woolridge- 5'10 271 Sr
Atkinson- 5'11 270 Sr
Corder- 5'11 240 Sr
Stearns- 6'1 210 Sr
Garner- 6'0 190 Jr

Average Size= 5'11 242

Dotson- 5'11 164 Soph
H. Hatfield- 6'0 173 Sr
Horton- 6'0 257 Fresh
Duty- 5'11 217 Sr
Hall- 6'3 175 Fresh
A. Hatfield- 5'9 215 Jr
Stanley- 5'10 200 Jr

Average Size= 5'11 200
I think your missing a big point here RIUTG look at the all the JR and SR on Wayne's roster. That makes a big difference!! I will take a 5'10" & 215 lb SR most of the time over a 6' 240 FR or SOPH. this Wayne team may not have the playoff exp of belfry but they have the football experiance.
Go Big Red! Wrote:I think your missing a big point here RIUTG look at the all the JR and SR on Wayne's roster. That makes a big difference!! I will take a 5'10" & 215 lb SR most of the time over a 6' 240 FR or SOPH. this Wayne team may not have the playoff exp of belfry but they have the football experiance.

Those Fresh are playing their 15th Game.... they have already played in 6 or 7 big time games after being thrown to the fire. You can't compare them to a Wayne Senior..but I would argue they have seen just as many big time emotion games (Somerset, Harlan County, CAK, Johnson Central, Pike Central X 2, Bourbon County) as any Wayne County Junior.

Belfry has 8 Seniors and Juniors as well that I listed who have played in a lot of football (A Belfry Junior has seen 45 games played). A Belfry Junior has probably seen more meaningful action than a Wayne County Senior at this point.
pirateforlife Wrote:This crew is from the Western part of the state. Out in the Hopkinsville, Bowling Green, and Owensboro area. All of them have at least 7 years experience. How did you find out who the officials were for the game?

http://khsaa.org/football/2013/3aflipcardweb.pdf is correct
According to the 2-3 Wayne County fans on here...Belfry should just turn the bus around and go back home. Our local newspaper and our fans are giving them alot of credit and respect, but no respect is shown to the Belfry program…Stay classy Cardinals…stay classy Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:According to the 2-3 Wayne County fans on here...Belfry should just turn the bus around and go back home. Our local newspaper and our fans are giving them alot of credit and respect, but no respect is shown to the Belfry program…Stay classy Cardinals…stay classy Smile

????

Think you are confusing fans of other schools (namely Corbin and Bell)... the Wayne guys have been very respectful... even going as far as to complain about being too critical of either team because they are all just kids...

I also posted an article from the Wayne newspaper where their Coach basically did everything but name his first born son "Haywood" with the praise he was heaping on Belfry

From where I am sitting Wayne has been the picture of being humble thusfar.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:????

Think you are confusing fans of other schools (namely Corbin and Bell)... the Wayne guys have been very respectful... even going as far as to complain about being too critical of either team because they are all just kids...

I also posted an article from the Wayne newspaper where their Coach basically did everything but name his first born son "Haywood" with the praise he was heaping on Belfry

Agree 100%. While I really don't want these Belfry boys to suffer another heartbreak, a loss to Wayne Co would not ruin my night. They have been very classy, banter has been clean and in good sportsmanship. They appear to be building a football tradition out there in Wayne Co and I think thats just alright.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Agree 100%. While I really don't want these Belfry boys to suffer another heartbreak, a loss to Wayne Co would not ruin my night. They have been very classy, banter has been clean and in good sportsmanship. They appear to be building a football tradition out there in Wayne Co and I think thats just alright.

Wayne County could end up being Belfry's new Central in the future.
They seem to have all the pieces in place and from what I have seen a very respectful fan base.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:????

Ok, well then my apologies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I believe they will be moving up in class though.
Crossbones Wrote:I believe they will be moving up in class though.

I will be interested to see what re-alignment holds for several teams when it happens again.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Belfry in 2A with the way the coal industry has been
Not sure who wins this one but pulling for Belfry, not been able to see any film on Wayne. My son plays for bourbon and he told me Belfry kids played good clean game and were very respectful so belfry has won my respect. I will be attendance tomorrow cheering Belfry on.....
Sorry EKU I was on my phone and just thought it was RIUTG posting.
May be wrong but 4 cards go both ways:
S Perkins
CB Brown
DL woolridge
DL Corder

Some guyss may see action on the other but over 80% of the snaps are starters.
Good luck to Belfry. Bring another one back to the mountains, even though I consider Wayne part of the mountains.
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next