Poll: Who wins the Class 5A Title game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
36.17%
Bowling Green
63.83%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green vs Pulaski County 5A Title
BG fans predicting such a huge margin of victory are in for a shock Im afraid. Do some more research please.
Woody Hayes Wrote:BG fans predicting such a huge margin of victory are in for a shock Im afraid. Do some more research please.

Here is a John Hardin fan predicting a huge margin of victory also.
hoss403 Wrote:Here is a John Hardin fan predicting a huge margin of victory also.
No, you are a John Hardin fan HOPING for a huge margin of victory.
Sorry but John Hardin would be possibly 3rd best team in PCs region which I think is better top to bottom.
Woody Hayes Wrote:Sorry but John Hardin would be possibly 3rd best team in PCs region which I think is better top to bottom.

Wow, you are delusional.
Woody Hayes Wrote:Sorry but John Hardin would be possibly 3rd best team in PCs region which I think is better top to bottom.

I will not get into an argement with you on who is better because it's not worth my time. I saw PC beat North Hardin 57-35 earlier this year. North Hardin is quite possbily the worst 5A team on the western side of Kentucky and needless to say, it they played you that close, you probably would have had a first round exit on this side. But, count yourself lucky, you are on the weak side of Kentucky so now you get to get your rear end handed to you on Saturday. I look forward to hearing from you after this Saturday night's game. Hope you show up on here.

Other than Pulaski, who do you think would be above John Hardin in your region?
hoss403 Wrote:I will not get into an argement with you on who is better because it's not worth my time. I saw PC beat North Hardin 57-35 earlier this year. North Hardin is quite possbily the worst 5A team on the western side of Kentucky and needless to say, it they played you that close, you probably would have had a first round exit on this side. But, count yourself lucky, you are on the weak side of Kentucky so now you get to get your rear end handed to you on Saturday. I look forward to hearing from you after this Saturday night's game. Hope you show up on here.

I'm guessing this guy is in his teens, Hoss. I have compared stats, schedules, and watched a lot of video of them. It's not even close. Nacarius Fant has more TD receptions than their top two receivers combined. QB Devon Hayes has thrown 8 more TD's than Pulaski QB Riley Hall and did it with 43 less attempts and playing one less game. The game speed is the biggest thing I noticed. I know this stuff is on paper and the game is played on the field, but Bowling Green has backed up their hype 43 times in a row and are one win away from being only the 3rd team in Kentucky History to go undefeated 3 years in a row. (Trinity and Boyle County) They remind me of the Anderson County team we beat in the 2011 finals. I hope we have the same outcome.
2dog Wrote:I'd love to see Pulaski beat BG, but after a long ride they will be road kill. BG by 4 TD"s.

It's not that long of a drive, pretty much dead straight road for about 95 miles
Purples... Like a stream train!
adopted purple Wrote:I'm guessing this guy is in his teens, Hoss. I have compared stats, schedules, and watched a lot of video of them. It's not even close. Nacarius Fant has more TD receptions than their top two receivers combined. QB Devon Hayes has thrown 8 more TD's than Pulaski QB Riley Hall and did it with 43 less attempts and playing one less game. The game speed is the biggest thing I noticed. I know this stuff is on paper and the game is played on the field, but Bowling Green has backed up their hype 43 times in a row and are one win away from being only the 3rd team in Kentucky History to go undefeated 3 years in a row. (Trinity and Boyle County) They remind me of the Anderson County team we beat in the 2011 finals. I hope we have the same outcome.

Exactly AP. Let's also point out that PC hasn't played the likes of Blackman, St. X, JH, Lexington Catholic, Warren Central or McCallie either. Looking at the PC schedule I think Hayes and Fant would probably have even better stats if they went against that competition. But like I said, we will find out Saturday what happens.
Is this the first time there has ever been two colors playing against each other for a State Title?

Should we call this the battle for the "V" in ROYGBIV?
^^^^ hahahaha Maroons vs Purples
If BG beats PC by a large margin I will be the first to say I was wrong, but I just don't see it. If PC plays the way they have most of the year this game will be close. I'm pulling for PC, BG might have the most arrogant fans in the state. I to have watched tons of video and I'm telling you they are not the best 5a team in the state. John Hardin is a much better team and they would beat BG 8 out of 10 times. If BG is not any better than there last 3 performances PC will give them all they want.
Can't look at the North Hardin score, PC pulled players early in the second half, North kept in starters almost all the way.

However, I do disagree with the statement about JH being 3rd best in PC's region. Hard to try and make those types of comparisons without them meeting on the field. I hate these comparisons without just seeing them play each other.
jim rome Wrote:If BG beats PC by a large margin I will be the first to say I was wrong, but I just don't see it. If PC plays the way they have most of the year this game will be close. I'm pulling for PC, BG might have the most arrogant fans in the state. I to have watched tons of video and I'm telling you they are not the best 5a team in the state. John Hardin is a much better team and they would beat BG 8 out of 10 times. If BG is not any better than there last 3 performances PC will give them all they want.

There isn't many Bowling Green fans on here Jimmy. Those picking the Purples are fans just like you. This will be the last game for 28 seniors. These guys haven't lost in High School. I'm sure our friends from John Hardin appreciate your kind words, but we got lucky and will be the ones Pulaski County will be playing Saturday. Now, Pulaski County only has to beat the 2nd best team from the west. Piece of cake!!!
jim rome Wrote:If BG beats PC by a large margin I will be the first to say I was wrong, but I just don't see it. If PC plays the way they have most of the year this game will be close. I'm pulling for PC, BG might have the most arrogant fans in the state. I to have watched tons of video and I'm telling you they are not the best 5a team in the state. John Hardin is a much better team and they would beat BG 8 out of 10 times. If BG is not any better than there last 3 performances PC will give them all they want.

I was going to ask what color the sky was where you are, but it's obviously maroon.:poker face:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
I can tell you right now John Hardin would be playing in the state title game if they were on this side of the state.

Anything can happen in football, thats why we play the game, but I would consider a PC win over BG one of the biggest upset in state title history. Ive backed you PC guys the majority of the year, but to think anyone in PC's region is anywhere close to BG or JH is just plain funny.

The East side of the state in 5A is extremely weak for what it is. Its 5A football, and if you can get one team like Bowling Green on the East side of 5A, just as highlands was, they will dominte almost every year.
I have seen both teams play and BG depth will be the main factor. Its hard to dress about 40 players and win at this stage of the season. Noticed in the Madison Southern game Pulaski had 35 players dressed out. Number 11 was a work horse for Pulaski but noticed he played def. to. How many players does Pulaski have that goes both ways? I think Pulaski will need all their athletic players on the field on def to spread out with BG and hope their 6 in the box can control BG QB and the running back. Best way to describe BG Def is controlled choas! I think Pulaski will get some yards they just need a short field and some icy weather conditions that will offset BG speed because BG can be run on straight ahead.
GO BG!!!! From here in Mayfield.
GO PC!!! From the Lake Cumberland area. (Go Wayne as well!!)
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I can tell you right now John Hardin would be playing in the state title game if they were on this side of the state.

Anything can happen in football, thats why we play the game, but I would consider a PC win over BG one of the biggest upset in state title history. Ive backed you PC guys the majority of the year, but to think anyone in PC's region is anywhere close to BG or JH is just plain funny.

The East side of the state in 5A is extremely weak for what it is. Its 5A football, and if you can get one team like Bowling Green on the East side of 5A, just as highlands was, they will dominte almost every year.

You may be right but after watching BG on film I just don't see this not being a good football game. By saying the east side of 5a is extremely weak wouldn't you have to say the west is just as weak. If you take the top 10 teams in 5a period the majority would go to the east, at least 6 probably 7. Pulaski, Harlan, Madison Southern, Conner, Cooper, Anderson, S. Oldham. I don't see that in the west.
Go Pulaski County from Williamsburg Nations an me 64SUR :Cheerlead
64's state picks

1a Williamsburg
2a NCC
3a Belfry
4a Collins
5a Pulaski
6a Scott Co

All east reps.
mysonis55 Wrote:64's state picks

1a Williamsburg
2a NCC
3a Belfry
4a Collins
5a Pulaski
6a Scott Co

All east reps.

:thanks: mysonis55 I am true East 100% :Cheerlead
Understatement of the year 64.
Jim Rome dont forget Franklin Co. and North Laurel is no slouch. Apparently those West teams dont know what its like to have to go steal a win in places like Harlan Co
I will be pulling for Pulaski all the way. I just don't think they have the horses to finish the race against a very stout Bowling Green team.

Bowling Green 49
Pulaski 21

Good luck to both on an injury free game.
Woody Hayes Wrote:Jim Rome dont forget Franklin Co. and North Laurel is no slouch. Apparently those West teams dont know what its like to have to go steal a win in places like Harlan Co

Confusednicker: You better hope Granny Bear don't read this comment.
Woody Hayes Wrote:Jim Rome dont forget Franklin Co. and North Laurel is no slouch. Apparently those West teams dont know what its like to have to go steal a win in places like Harlan Co

Yeah exactly right. I've seen on other message boards BG people comparing their team to Highlands of 2009, are you serious? Sorry but no Towels no Collingsworth on your team. BG is good but I just think PC will give them all they want.