Poll: Who wins the Class 5A Title game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
36.17%
Bowling Green
63.83%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green vs Pulaski County 5A Title
Two teams are on the opposite side of the spectrum. Bowling Green is experienced and riding a 43 game win streak looking to win their 3rd championship in a row. Pulaski County is young and talented looking for their 1st championship ever. Both are undefeated. I've never seen PC play. Anybody seen both teams? What are your thoughts about this game?
Ive been behind this PC team for most of the year.
With that said, I have a feeling they will be no match for BG.

Hall is a good little QB and PC will put up some points, but PC hasn't played anyone half as good as BG.

In the end, I think BG will be too much.

BG 49
PC 21
The state championship was played Friday night with another classic BG JH game. With that said BG seniors finish their careers with a third state title
BG big.
Where's the poll?
Gosh as badly as I hate to do it, I'm gonna agree 100% with Gut. I'll be pulling for Pulaski though because I know some of thier fans and because of their proximity. Also, anything can happen in one game!!

Travel safely Pulaski!! I'm hoping to be there.
Pulaski has about as good a chance of winning this game as Michigan had against Ohio State Yesterday.
Based on what I've seen the last few years from Pulaski's middle school programs I think this is the first of about 4 or 5 title appearances
I wouldn't sleep on Pulaski. I think BG is the favorite, they should be. Which BG shows up? The one that beat X pretty handily or the one that had to sweat it out against John Hardin. I wasn't impressed with John Hardin when we played, and beat them. Elam was a no factor in that game. Pulaski is young, and sometimes those "Young Guns" don't know any better. I think this trip to BG will help set them up for a nice run the next few years.
Another running clock game BG another state title.
Granny Bear, did that hurt? It sounded like it hurt.
ColtPride Wrote:I wouldn't sleep on Pulaski. I think BG is the favorite, they should be. Which BG shows up? The one that beat X pretty handily or the one that had to sweat it out against John Hardin. I wasn't impressed with John Hardin when we played, and beat them. Elam was a no factor in that game. Pulaski is young, and sometimes those "Young Guns" don't know any better. I think this trip to BG will help set them up for a nice run the next few years.

John Hardin won 9 games in a row after losing to Highlands by 7 points. Look at Meade County. They lost 2 early games and got better and healthy and are in the finals. John Hardin improved greatly from that early loss to DeSales. John Hardin has not been given any credit because Bowling Green has overshadowed them recently. I think they would have won the last two 5A titles, if not for a history making squad for the Purples. I haven't seen Pulaski County play this season, but I'm getting ready to dive into some video. I don't think Pulaski County could stay within 7 of Highlands. I may be wrong, but I just don't see this game as being close. I like a Cinderella story as much as the next person, but BG has been tested over and over by some of the best teams in the state and country and came out on top. Pulaski County's biggest win was Anderson County last week. Win or lose, it will help this young Pulaski County team down the road.
Have to have some concern that Pulaski might be a little awe struck playing on the big stage the first time.
adopted purple Wrote:John Hardin won 9 games in a row after losing to Highlands by 7 points. Look at Meade County. They lost 2 early games and got better and healthy and are in the finals. John Hardin improved greatly from that early loss to DeSales. John Hardin has not been given any credit because Bowling Green has overshadowed them recently. I think they would have won the last two 5A titles, if not for a history making squad for the Purples. I haven't seen Pulaski County play this season, but I'm getting ready to dive into some video. I don't think Pulaski County could stay within 7 of Highlands. I may be wrong, but I just don't see this game as being close. I like a Cinderella story as much as the next person, but BG has been tested over and over by some of the best teams in the state and country and came out on top. Pulaski County's biggest win was Anderson County last week. Win or lose, it will help this young Pulaski County team down the road.

John Hardin has 3 losses this season. People need to look at who they lost to and by how many they lost.

John Hardin lost to likely 2A champ DeSales by 5.
John Hardin lost to likely 4A champ Highlands by 7.
John Hardin lost to likely 5A champ Bowling Green by 5.
John Hardin beat 6A finalist Meade County by 10.

I think the JH/BG score has more to do with JH being very good than it does with BG having a bad game. Adopted Purple I'm permdaddy on the KYpreps board.
I'd love to see Pulaski beat BG, but after a long ride they will be road kill. BG by 4 TD"s.
Bellyball Wrote:John Hardin has 3 losses this season. People need to look at who they lost to and by how many they lost.

John Hardin lost to likely 2A champ DeSales by 5.
John Hardin lost to likely 4A champ Highlands by 7.
John Hardin lost to likely 5A champ Bowling Green by 5.
John Hardin beat 6A finalist Meade County by 10.

I think the JH/BG score has more to do with JH being very good than it does with BG having a bad game. Adopted Purple I'm permdaddy on the KYpreps board.

People can't get over that early loss to DeSales. That's not the same team we played last week. I'm pulling for your boys. I use Meade County as a perfect example. No one but their true fans thought they would even get out of their region. Now they're playing for the 6A title. I think they are the most improved team in the state and I think they will beat Scott County in the finals.
The streak has to end sometime. PC can score on anyone and defense has a tendancy to make big stops when needed. Im well aware of how good BG is but if they dont come to play...this one has upset written all over it. PC 26 -24
Woody Hayes Wrote:The streak has to end sometime. PC can score on anyone and defense has a tendancy to make big stops when needed. Im well aware of how good BG is but if they dont come to play...this one has upset written all over it. PC 26 -24

I thought Woody Hayes was misunderstood. I'm hoping they come to play, Woody. Nobody can say how these young men will play on a given night, so you have to rely on what you know for sure, to predict the scores. What most agree on is the Purples are a heavy favorite, because of their history, stats, experience, coaching staff etc... That doesn't take into effect heart, determination, grit etc... I know everyone has a different opinion, but mine is right.:biggrin: Just kidding. On paper it's all BG, but they don't play on paper. I can only speak for myself, but I have seen this team play every one of those 43 games during this win streak and I think those youngsters from PC are in for a long night. If that happens, I hope they learn and get better, so the next time, they will be the ones dishing it out.
Purples vs. Maroons

something isn't right here
Congrates to both teams for a great season I want Pulaski to win but this is a different animal Bowling Green 48 Pulaski 14...Its Basketball time in the Bluegrass.
I'll be pulling for Pulaski but I believe Bowling Green's experience will be the difference. This will be a battle. Go Maroons.
I am pulling for Pulaski Co. ALL THE WAY...but I think on a fast field they just won't be able to play with them for 4 quarters.

BG 36
Pulaski Co. 18
ColtPride Wrote:I wouldn't sleep on Pulaski. I think BG is the favorite, they should be. Which BG shows up? The one that beat X pretty handily or the one that had to sweat it out against John Hardin. I wasn't impressed with John Hardin when we played, and beat them. Elam was a no factor in that game. Pulaski is young, and sometimes those "Young Guns" don't know any better. I think this trip to BG will help set them up for a nice run the next few years.

The Desales game was the worst one I have seen JH play in the last several years. The JH team now that played against BG is a completely different team and you cannot compare the two. If JH played the same way against BG as they had played against Desales, then BG would have won 50-0. I understand you were not impressed. Believe me, I was very down on the Bulldogs after this game and thought they were in trouble. But the coaching staff did a spectacular job with this team and I think you would be quite impressed if you saw them now.
Anyway, BG will roll in this one because the only team that had any chance of beating them this year was John Hardin and they came up short. BG 42 Pulaski 14.
Granny Bear Wrote:Gosh as badly as I hate to do it, I'm gonna agree 100% with Gut. I'll be pulling for Pulaski though because I know some of thier fans and because of their proximity. Also, anything can happen in one game!!

Travel safely Pulaski!! I'm hoping to be there.

Let me know if you go. I'll come by and say hey.
Pulling for the Maroons in this one.
Regardless of the outcome, nothing but pride for this Pulaski County team! Not bad for a team that is supposed to be " a year away". How many teams in this state would give anything to be where the Maroons are? Good luck to these young men and coaches!
Forever Maroon Wrote:Regardless of the outcome, nothing but pride for this Pulaski County team! Not bad for a team that is supposed to be " a year away". How many teams in this state would give anything to be where the Maroons are? Good luck to these young men and coaches!

We John Hardin fans would give anything to be in your position. That being in the east so we didn't have to play Bowling Green every year to decide who the state champion is going to be.
Bowling Green 63-3
BG going away the youngster get a lot a pt in this one
Maybe the weather will slow down the Purples. I don't think it will be PC. I've watched a boatload of video on Pulaski County and they have a good QB and a couple of standout players, but their lack of team speed will be their downfall. The Purples defense will pressure their QB all night, although their QB is very mobile, their linemen won't be able stop Bowling Green's many blitz packages. On offense, our skill players look to be much faster and nobody has slowed down Mr. Football candidate Nacarius Fant in the last 3 years. In the 2nd quarter, when the adrenalin rush wears down, the purples will pour it on.