Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
BHSPIRATE51-87 Wrote:My understanding is that Southwestern went 1-9 this season. Or am o mistaken. So if I'm
right how do they have the top passing offense in the state?
Wayne has the top passing game in the state. I may have got my comments mixed up but was meaning Wayne, obviously, and I'm sure you know that and are messing with me, but if you're not I apologize for getting ahead of my thought process, with the comment. But Wayne had one of, if not the best passing offense in Kentucky. I do believe Southwestern is one of the better 1 and 9 teams, out there, if that means anything. Belfry only beat them by 11 points so they were obviously a pretty good team, although Belfry didn't bring it's best game.
BelfryPride Wrote:Now skully...we met last night and you know I was the biggest Belfry fan at the Barn..I mean Bourbon Co. That Pirate flag will make the trip with me to Bowling Green and that's a promise! I'm just trying to avoid the drama on the board haha. I want Wayne fans to answer the questions as to why they think they will beat Belfry.
What, you mean you don't know. Well belfry pride they think they will beat us because they have taken down the three time champs in Central. Plus they have this amazing Quarterback that they think should be mr. Football. They prob think like bourbon thought. Just a bunch of backwoods country boys that don't know football. Lol. Ah well I guess we will wait and see.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Wayne Middle school lost to Southern Pulaski. Only official loss of the season besides title game. Tough crowd for a group of kids who were state runners up but aren't special. You must coach at highlands or trinity. Pretty special to us in Wc cause we have never been. Just like our varsity guys they are special win lose or draw Friday. We have nothing to lose. There are no past championships we coulda or shoulda it's all brand new to us and our town and school will be nuts this week. We need a great week of practice and some good luck to bring home the hardware.
I don't brag on here but whoever wasn't impressed with Guffey is a nut

See, how in hell does anyone make a comment, actually me making the case that Wayne will win, lol, then fans take it as I'm insulting their team. Wayne slaughtered my team, that's all I'll say, your 8th grade squad did. However, in my opinion, they don't have a super special group in 8th right now, not across the board. I think the current group of Wayne's junios and seniors have mixed to be really special, especially for Wayne who hasn't been one of those old school powerhouses. So, I am not trying to slight Wayne's 8th, they have an excellent quarterback who I think will be as good or better than their high-school QB. I don't think their receivers are that special. I think they have one special running back and 2 other solid ones. Their defensive line is pretty good, but need to get power in the weight room due to their small size. Of course that might be this current Wayne high-school team all over again. They are undersized, but work very hard in the weight room from what I can tell and are very technical and super gritty and aggressive. I am not saying they aren't special because I come from some superior football team, but saying I have a high standard for what is special, and special for one school might be only pretty good for another. Wayne's 8th grade this year would be one of my school's best classes, ever. That's what I was saying.:igiveup:
skully03 Wrote:What, you mean you don't know. Well belfry pride they think they will beat us because they have taken down the three time champs in Central. Plus they have this amazing Quarterback that they think should be mr. Football. They prob think like bourbon thought. Just a bunch of backwoods country boys that don't know football. Lol. Ah well I guess we will wait and see.

LOL! You guys think Wayne is city boys??!! LMBO! Come on, don't play that card. Wayne is in the sticks, just like a lot of us. Them kids are just as country as anyone.
skully03 Wrote:What, you mean you don't know. Well belfry pride they think they will beat us because they have taken down the three time champs in Central. Plus they have this amazing Quarterback that they think should be mr. Football. They prob think like bourbon thought. Just a bunch of backwoods country boys that don't know football. Lol. Ah well I guess we will wait and see.

Well these backwoods country boys know how to play a little football. Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
smoke1015 Wrote:Wayne has the top passing game in the state. I may have got my comments mixed up but was meaning Wayne, obviously, and I'm sure you know that and are messing with me, but if you're not I apologize for getting ahead of my thought process, with the comment. But Wayne had one of, if not the best passing offense in Kentucky. I do believe Southwestern is one of the better 1 and 9 teams, out there, if that means anything. Belfry only beat them by 11 points so they were obviously a pretty good team, although Belfry didn't bring it's best game.

Keep hanging your hat on one game..and we'll see where that gets ya. This Belfry team is different than the one that played SW back in August my friend...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've been very impressed with what Belfry has been able to accomplish over the years.
Very few, and i mean a small amount of teams can claim even a quarter of what Haywood and those kids have accomplished.

I think Wayne County will be Belfrys toughest test, I really do. I think JC was really tough, but Wayne is a completely different style team. It seems JC beat Belfry up physically because of the bigger numbers and bigger team. I think wayne County will finess Belfry all day, and I'm not sure how Belfry will respond to that.

This is the reason I put it as the game of the week this week. I think the other games have a team that many consider the favorite, but I think people are truly going to be split on who they think will win this one.

Good luck to both teams. Win or lose, youve gotten farther than anyone else in your class.
I just think Belfry has the advantage on the LOS and the backfield. Plus, this is Wayne's first trip to the Finals...its clear advantage Belfry playing on that stage. Not knocking Wayne at all because if you make it to week 14..you earned it! IMO, Belfry has the edge because of familiarity and a few other factors.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Guffey looks like a guy that would play fullback at Belfry. And he's a QB. That's pretty dang frightening. Respect.
Leonidas Wrote:Saying just as good or in our league wasn't the phrase that was disputed. You said they were the 2nd best team last year in your other post. There's a difference. I don't think any Belfry fan would argue what you just said, myself included, about last years Wayne County team and this years team.

The good thing is we won't have to wonder after Friday night because a new champ will be crowned. By the way, I'm pretty sure Wayne is favored and I absolutely feel they've earned that right.

I still think Wayne would have beaten Belfry last year. Anyone can win, but to me Wayne played Central better than anyone had in a couple of years. I think there was a 2 point difference in your all's outcomes. The whole point of me saying Wayne was better than Belfry, and stick with me here cause I don't want my comments switched around and stuff. The reason I said it was because a lot of Belfry fans seem to think they already have this title locked down now that Central is out, or maybe as soon as it was evident mid season that Central was down this year. The first few comments in this thread were indicating Wayne hadn't seen a team like Belfry or hadn't played anyone of Belfry's caliber and making it seem like these kids came from out of nowhere. I made the comment to say, think back, fans, Wayne was not a pushover last year. They had one bad game, against Bell. Actually, they had one bad quarter, a disastrous 1st quarter. Then after that they were great the rest of the year. They came from out of nowhere and very nearly beat the champs, the multi time champs, with no major playoff experience, and with some costly mistakes. Belfry could have beaten Wayne, by a point, by a touchdown, and Wayne could have beat Belfry. My statement was made, simply to say, Wayne is right there, right there with the top 3 big dogs in 3A, and not just this season. I sense a fan base with more than confidence, but with almost a sense of entitlement in some Belfry posts. I do believe that a team such as Belfry that has been to so many championships just deserves to win one. It reminds me of the Buffalo Bills years ago. It just feels like karma or something, they should win won. I just wouldn't count on Wayne county to come in thinking they are supposed to lose. I know you seem to be a pretty level headed guy and called me on my semi backtracking comment (good job), but I still do think that Wayne was the 2nd best team, even if they were tied for it with Belfry...
BelfryPride Wrote:I just think Belfry has the advantage on the LOS and the backfield. Plus, this is Wayne's first trip to the Finals...its clear advantage Belfry playing on that stage. Not knocking Wayne at all because if you make it to week 14..you earned it! IMO, Belfry has the edge because of familiarity and a few other factors.

I totally agree with this. I think Belfry has the player experience in championships, plus coaching. I think Wayne has a very good up and coming coach, but Belfry obviously has the master. If the game depends on game planning, or halftime adjustments, if Wayne can't win on talent or having a nice lead, I wouldn't like Wayne's chances when it comes to pure football knowledge and coaches gameplanning. Although I do think Wayne's coach will get to Haywood's level one day, or nearly, if he keeps getting solid players, and God gives him enough years on this Earth.
smoke1015 Wrote:I still think Wayne would have beaten Belfry last year. Anyone can win, but to me Wayne played Central better than anyone had in a couple of years. I think there was a 2 point difference in your all's outcomes. The whole point of me saying Wayne was better than Belfry, and stick with me here cause I don't want my comments switched around and stuff. The reason I said it was because a lot of Belfry fans seem to think they already have this title locked down now that Central is out, or maybe as soon as it was evident mid season that Central was down this year. The first few comments in this thread were indicating Wayne hadn't seen a team like Belfry or hadn't played anyone of Belfry's caliber and making it seem like these kids came from out of nowhere. I made the comment to say, think back, fans, Wayne was not a pushover last year. They had one bad game, against Bell. Actually, they had one bad quarter, a disastrous 1st quarter. Then after that they were great the rest of the year. They came from out of nowhere and very nearly beat the champs, the multi time champs, with no major playoff experience, and with some costly mistakes. Belfry could have beaten Wayne, by a point, by a touchdown, and Wayne could have beat Belfry. My statement was made, simply to say, Wayne is right there, right there with the top 3 big dogs in 3A, and not just this season. I sense a fan base with more than confidence, but with almost a sense of entitlement in some Belfry posts. I do believe that a team such as Belfry that has been to so many championships just deserves to win one. It reminds me of the Buffalo Bills years ago. It just feels like karma or something, they should win won. I just wouldn't count on Wayne county to come in thinking they are supposed to lose. I know you seem to be a pretty level headed guy and called me on my semi backtracking comment (good job), but I still do think that Wayne was the 2nd best team, even if they were tied for it with Belfry...

The Buffalo Bills comment is getting old...we've heard that crap spewed out of a few fanbases mouths and guess where they are right now... BASKETBALL SEASON. No one is saying Belfry has this locked up...read back through the thread. I get the feeling you're trying really hard to create locker room material for Wayne County and no one from the true Belfry fanbase is going to take the bait. We applaud the effort..but we're not falling for it :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I've been very impressed with what Belfry has been able to accomplish over the years.
Very few, and i mean a small amount of teams can claim even a quarter of what Haywood and those kids have accomplished.

I think Wayne County will be Belfrys toughest test, I really do. I think JC was really tough, but Wayne is a completely different style team. It seems JC beat Belfry up physically because of the bigger numbers and bigger team. I think wayne County will finess Belfry all day, and I'm not sure how Belfry will respond to that.

This is the reason I put it as the game of the week this week. I think the other games have a team that many consider the favorite, but I think people are truly going to be split on who they think will win this one.

Good luck to both teams. Win or lose, youve gotten farther than anyone else in your class.
Do you think, as I do, that a lot of Wayne's "non tradition" as a big time powerhouse factors in to many people's thoughts on this game? I mean, really, Wayne was no better than my school, it just seems like a few years ago, or not much better. Then they have 2 great years in a row. They have sort of came from out of nowhere. Belfry plays so many good teams in the East and it seems like they play a powerhouse every week. Although I do believe Wayne's schedule has been unfairly called weak. Corbin, Bell and those guys aren't pushovers, even when they are having down years. I put Corbin right around Belfry's level, traditionally, although not recent history. I also believe Belfry's experience of "being there", and obviously coaching experience are just major factors. I totally agree it's the best game going this coming weekend. If it's not close throughout, I'd be shocked. I almost expect this thing to go into overtime, even though I quoted some weird score off the top of my head. I guarantee these teams will have immediate respect for each other after the 1st quarter. Fans may not, but both teams players will, and so will the coaches.
Any belfry can will tell ya that we don't think we have the title locked down. We just think we have a good as a chance as we did the past two years. We, or myself got defensive over one comment made by go big red. He said that this is the worst matchup and Belfry COULD NOT play with Wayne. Both teams have def earned the right to be in BG. Wayne gets respect from me so please don't take what I say on here to heart. Like all fans we are loyal to OUR TEAM. We know what Belfry is capable of and you all know too. All I know on Wayne Co. is what I have seen on film. What you have in your favor is you know what it's like to play all 4 quarters just like belfry. That was Bourbons downfall. This is sure to be one of the best games of the weekend.
smoke1015 Wrote:I still think Wayne would have beaten Belfry last year. Anyone can win, but to me Wayne played Central better than anyone had in a couple of years. I think there was a 2 point difference in your all's outcomes. The whole point of me saying Wayne was better than Belfry, and stick with me here cause I don't want my comments switched around and stuff. The reason I said it was because a lot of Belfry fans seem to think they already have this title locked down now that Central is out, or maybe as soon as it was evident mid season that Central was down this year. The first few comments in this thread were indicating Wayne hadn't seen a team like Belfry or hadn't played anyone of Belfry's caliber and making it seem like these kids came from out of nowhere. I made the comment to say, think back, fans, Wayne was not a pushover last year. They had one bad game, against Bell. Actually, they had one bad quarter, a disastrous 1st quarter. Then after that they were great the rest of the year. They came from out of nowhere and very nearly beat the champs, the multi time champs, with no major playoff experience, and with some costly mistakes. Belfry could have beaten Wayne, by a point, by a touchdown, and Wayne could have beat Belfry. My statement was made, simply to say, Wayne is right there, right there with the top 3 big dogs in 3A, and not just this season. I sense a fan base with more than confidence, but with almost a sense of entitlement in some Belfry posts. I do believe that a team such as Belfry that has been to so many championships just deserves to win one. It reminds me of the Buffalo Bills years ago. It just feels like karma or something, they should win won. I just wouldn't count on Wayne county to come in thinking they are supposed to lose. I know you seem to be a pretty level headed guy and called me on my semi backtracking comment (good job), but I still do think that Wayne was the 2nd best team, even if they were tied for it with Belfry...
I just went back and read every comment on first page, no where did I read that someone said Wayne hadn't seen a team like Belfry or that Belfry had it wrapped up. If anything most of Belfry fans where picking a close game. The only blow out picks where from people picking Wayne to win.
BelfryPride Wrote:The Buffalo Bills comment is getting old...we've heard that crap spewed out of a few fanbases mouths and guess where they are right now... BASKETBALL SEASON. No one is saying Belfry has this locked up...read back through the thread. I get the feeling you're trying really hard to create locker room material for Wayne County and no one from the true Belfry fanbase is going to take the bait. We applaud the effort..but we're not falling for it :biggrin:

??I think quite a few comments were otherwise, a lot of "snickering" emoticons and such. I'm still going because after I thought I made one really valid point, others are disputing it. I could have shut up a long time ago. Now it's just kind of fun. And just a few seconds ago someone came out with that "they think we are some backwoods hicks" type of thing (let's call that the redneck card, lol). And I simply said, Wayne is just as country as you guys, they just have hills instead of mountains. Them boys chew backer just like the rest of us. To play that card Central, or some team from the northern schools might work, not for Wayne, them boys is country too. Yee-Hawwww!
BelfryPride Wrote:Now skully...we met last night and you know I was the biggest Belfry fan at the Barn..I mean Bourbon Co. That Pirate flag will make the trip with me to Bowling Green and that's a promise! I'm just trying to avoid the drama on the board haha. I want Wayne fans to answer the questions as to why they think they will beat Belfry.

There aren't many Wayne fans on here....just a bunch of bandwagon fans jumping on to stir the pot. Wayne has showed nothing but respect to every team they have played this year and they will continue to do so. They will go out Friday afternoon and play their guts out for their school, community, and their team just as Belfry will. Wayne isn't flashy, just a bunch of hard working kids who love to play football just like Belfry.
smoke1015 Wrote:Do you think, as I do, that a lot of Wayne's "non tradition" as a big time powerhouse factors in to many people's thoughts on this game? I mean, really, Wayne was no better than my school, it just seems like a few years ago, or not much better. Then they have 2 great years in a row. They have sort of came from out of nowhere. Belfry plays so many good teams in the East and it seems like they play a powerhouse every week. Although I do believe Wayne's schedule has been unfairly called weak. Corbin, Bell and those guys aren't pushovers, even when they are having down years. I put Corbin right around Belfry's level, traditionally, although not recent history. I also believe Belfry's experience of "being there", and obviously coaching experience are just major factors. I totally agree it's the best game going this coming weekend. If it's not close throughout, I'd be shocked. I almost expect this thing to go into overtime, even though I quoted some weird score off the top of my head. I guarantee these teams will have immediate respect for each other after the 1st quarter. Fans may not, but both teams players will, and so will the coaches.

I do think thats a factor in most peoples minds. Every good team had to "start" being good at some point or another. Wayne County built a program. A lot of schools are having trouble doing that today with powerhouses like Highlands, Bowling Green, Central, and Trinity winning it almost every year. The thing about this year, is I see Wayne county as the favorite over Belfry at this point. After Wayne lost in the playoffs last year, I actually stated that I thought they would put a running clock on Bell, beat Central in the playofs, and get to the state title game against Belfry.

I think the most important thing to see here is Belfry cant catch a freaking break. After getting there hearts broken by Central over the past couple of seasons, they finally get a year where Central is down, and Wayne county is extremely good.

I think this will be a good game. Neither team will be thinking its an easy win. I think both teams should be thinking loss so they prepare better. I chose Wayne County to win, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Belfry come away with the title.
Crossbones Wrote:I just went back and read every comment on first page, no where did I read that someone said Wayne hadn't seen a team like Belfry or that Belfry had it wrapped up. If anything most of Belfry fans where picking a close game. The only blow out picks where from people picking Wayne to win.

Yes, most Wayne comments have said something similar to that, a blowout, or can't stop our powerhouse offense. So maybe Belfry fans were provoked a bit. You have to remember, Wayne fans haven't been there before. And from my experience, they can be talkers down there in Wayne, especially grannies. So you might have me there. There were comments, if not in this thread, eluding to Wayne hadn't played anyone nearly as good as Belfry, etc.. Which may be true. In this case, I get this feeling, from fans at least, young, never been there, defiant, probably not long-time fans like Belfry fans, probably not super big football fans in general, or not fans of their own program (most of them probably have son's playing right now, so they are relative new fans), so they are mouthy, more emotionally tied due to maybe a son or nephew or grandson is playing. Belfry is more football knowledgeable, however with almost, just a tad of cockyness, maybe, or maybe it's just a familiarity with a regular occurrence. Now this may sound like a compliment to Belfry and a slight to Wayne, but I do believe I feel Wayne fans are more, shall we say, boisterous with their comments because they are nervous themselves and Belfry seems a little more confident as fans. I actually get nervousness from both sides. The comments from some Belfry guys seem more like trying to explain why Wayne is ranked, right now, above them, and possibly the favorite, instead of just letting it ride, that Wayne has had a really good season and has beaten some good teams, handily. The couple of Wayne comments have been pretty wild. Whoever it was that accused Belfry of being not a clean program was way out of line.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I do think thats a factor in most peoples minds. Every good team had to "start" being good at some point or another. Wayne County built a program. A lot of schools are having trouble doing that today with powerhouses like Highlands, Bowling Green, Central, and Trinity winning it almost every year. The thing about this year, is I see Wayne county as the favorite over Belfry at this point. After Wayne lost in the playoffs last year, I actually stated that I thought they would put a running clock on Bell, beat Central in the playofs, and get to the state title game against Belfry.

I think the most important thing to see here is Belfry cant catch a freaking break. After getting there hearts broken by Central over the past couple of seasons, they finally get a year where Central is down, and Wayne county is extremely good.

I think this will be a good game. Neither team will be thinking its an easy win. I think both teams should be thinking loss so they prepare better. I chose Wayne County to win, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Belfry come away with the title.

Man, I made the mistake of making a Bills comparison. I didn't even know that was a common slight by people towards Belfry. I meant it in no disrespect. I wasn't saying Belfry choked or anything, just meant that it felt like they deserve to win won.

But yeah, Wayne built a program, it must have started somewhere in little league. We played them and they had a good little league program, fed in pretty nice to their middle school. The KMSFA has a lot of teams that hopefully are coming up to battle some of the private schools and big time powerhouse programs.

I had fun with a few verbal jabs but really I have utmost respect for Belfry fans, they are the most loyal in the state, IMO. They really are similar, very similar, I think, to a Texas powerhouse high-school team. Shut the town down, every family get in their car and drive to the game, no matter how far it is. Heck, I thought Bell county traveled pretty well, and Corbin, but Belfry beats them both in that department. For Wayne's sake I hope they get actual football program fans, not just mom's and dad's one year (like my school) who root their own kids on, but quit coming after graduation. That's why Belfry is so special, they live and breathe their football program.
smoke1015 Wrote:Man, I made the mistake of making a Bills comparison. I didn't even know that was a common slight by people towards Belfry. I meant it in no disrespect. I wasn't saying Belfry choked or anything, just meant that it felt like they deserve to win won.

But yeah, Wayne built a program, it must have started somewhere in little league. We played them and they had a good little league program, fed in pretty nice to their middle school. The KMSFA has a lot of teams that hopefully are coming up to battle some of the private schools and big time powerhouse programs.

I had fun with a few verbal jabs but really I have utmost respect for Belfry fans, they are the most loyal in the state, IMO. They really are similar, very similar, I think, to a Texas powerhouse high-school team. Shut the town down, every family get in their car and drive to the game, no matter how far it is. Heck, I thought Bell county traveled pretty well, and Corbin, but Belfry beats them both in that department. For Wayne's sake I hope they get actual football program fans, not just mom's and dad's one year (like my school) who root their own kids on, but quit coming after graduation. That's why Belfry is so special, they live and breathe their football program.

That's why Belfry is so special, they live and breathe their football program.

:truestory:
Man I've been gone too long!!! I can't keep up; I did a multi quote post just now and it was too long to post! LOL

Saw Belfry bust some Colonel butt Friday night, then stratight back to Lexington for the night, then at Berea all day Saturday at their annual Food Bank Tournament. We played Highlands in the first game and Bourbon County for the championship, but that's fodder for another thread.

Gut, this is a decent post:

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I do think thats a factor in most peoples minds. Every good team had to "start" being good at some point or another. Wayne County built a program. A lot of schools are having trouble doing that today with powerhouses like Highlands, Bowling Green, Central, and Trinity winning it almost every year. The thing about this year, is I see Wayne county as the favorite over Belfry at this point. After Wayne lost in the playoffs last year, I actually stated that I thought they would put a running clock on Bell, beat Central in the playofs, and get to the state title game against Belfry.

However, your score prediction on the first page of this thread is total bullshit...just sayin'.

smoke1015 Wrote:Yes, most Wayne comments have said something similar to that, a blowout, or can't stop our powerhouse offense. So maybe Belfry fans were provoked a bit. You have to remember, Wayne fans haven't been there before. And from my experience, they can be talkers down there in Wayne, especially grannies. So you might have me there. There were comments, if not in this thread, eluding to Wayne hadn't played anyone nearly as good as Belfry, etc.. Which may be true. In this case, I get this feeling, from fans at least, young, never been there, defiant, probably not long-time fans like Belfry fans, probably not super big football fans in general, or not fans of their own program (most of them probably have son's playing right now, so they are relative new fans), so they are mouthy, more emotionally tied due to maybe a son or nephew or grandson is playing. Belfry is more football knowledgeable, however with almost, just a tad of cockyness, maybe, or maybe it's just a familiarity with a regular occurrence. Now this may sound like a compliment to Belfry and a slight to Wayne, but I do believe I feel Wayne fans are more, shall we say, boisterous with their comments because they are nervous themselves and Belfry seems a little more confident as fans. I actually get nervousness from both sides. The comments from some Belfry guys seem more like trying to explain why Wayne is ranked, right now, above them, and possibly the favorite, instead of just letting it ride, that Wayne has had a really good season and has beaten some good teams, handily. The couple of Wayne comments have been pretty wild. Whoever it was that accused Belfry of being not a clean program was way out of line.

Please don't make me mad with comments like this!! I'm already a little put off from Pirat1991#8's little snide remark about being hormonal! Confusednicker:

Now, on to the game.....I see tits for tats (LOL) exchanged back and forth between two teams about the state championship. Well, what's wrong with that? Support your team passionately; it will over soon for both teams and you're going to miss this!! Take my word for it.
I know NOTHING about Wayne County football, but I will certainly be slinging trash for the Belfry Pirates...it's just what I do.
Respect for both teams here is a reality, even if it isn't SAID. It's implied simply because both teams made it to the state title game...WOW!! What a wonderful accomplishment for both teams, and for their Seniors!!!

So, don't be thinned skinned!!! Enjoy the banter, and support your kids with the passion they deserve!!

Gut stop hating on Belfry; looks to me like you're already trying to sneak back into the fold!!:lmao:

Wayne County, good luck and I am seriously praying for an injury free game. We've had way too many of those this year, and I'm a little tired of them!!

That said, GO PIRATES!!!! It will be a slobberknocker, but I choose the Pirates by a score!!!
runitupthegut Wrote:wayne county 41
belfry 20

ppppppppppllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeee

a person from Belfry said backwoods country boys?lol
I have a queston for the Belfry fans if Wayne shuts your running game down will you be able to throw the ball well enough to win.after watching Belfry play online a couple of times this year they look pretty one dimensional.i believe Wayne will have the best defense by far Belfry has seen this season.Don't get me wrong i'm just an outsider looking in and don't really care who wins but how many more state titles do you think you would have if you had more balance on offense over the years.i love your program and its history but its hard to win state titles without having balance on offense.good luck to both teams should be a great game.
smoke1015 Wrote:See, how in hell does anyone make a comment, actually me making the case that Wayne will win, lol, then fans take it as I'm insulting their team. Wayne slaughtered my team, that's all I'll say, your 8th grade squad did. However, in my opinion, they don't have a super special group in 8th right now, not across the board. I think the current group of Wayne's junios and seniors have mixed to be really special, especially for Wayne who hasn't been one of those old school powerhouses. So, I am not trying to slight Wayne's 8th, they have an excellent quarterback who I think will be as good or better than their high-school QB. I don't think their receivers are that special. I think they have one special running back and 2 other solid ones. Their defensive line is pretty good, but need to get power in the weight room due to their small size. Of course that might be this current Wayne high-school team all over again. They are undersized, but work very hard in the weight room from what I can tell and are very technical and super gritty and aggressive. I am not saying they aren't special because I come from some superior football team, but saying I have a high standard for what is special, and special for one school might be only pretty good for another. Wayne's 8th grade this year would be one of my school's best classes, ever. That's what I was saying.:igiveup:
First i would like to say our 8th grade team yourin your opinion wasn't that great we must have been alot better than Wayne Co. we beat there a-- and as for the high school we will take care of that Friday.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I have a queston for the Belfry fans if Wayne shuts your running game down will you be able to throw the ball well enough to win.after watching Belfry play online a couple of times this year they look pretty one dimensional.i believe Wayne will have the best defense by far Belfry has seen this season.Don't get me wrong i'm just an outsider looking in and don't really care who wins but how many more state titles do you think you would have if you had more balance on offense over the years.i love your program and its history but its hard to win state titles without having balance on offense.good luck to both teams should be a great game.

Sani has thrown for over 100 yards in a few games this season. The passing game is serviceable but it is no means going to carry us. It's mainly used to keep teams honest and loosen up the box a bit. We will go for and get a first on 3rd and 8+ 85% of the time. Bad things happen when passing and the pace of the game is not what we like. We like to grind it out, wear teams down. We don't get pass happy when we are trailing.
pjdoug Wrote:a person from Belfry said backwoods country boys?lol

Bourbon County posted everything and everywhere they could the lowest kind of pictures and trash trying to ridicule Belfry with the backwoods hick country boy garbage. That's just been a few days ago. I guess it probably still stings some of Belfry's followers. Understand now?
Jack Lambert Wrote:I have a queston for the Belfry fans if Wayne shuts your running game down will you be able to throw the ball well enough to win.after watching Belfry play online a couple of times this year they look pretty one dimensional.i believe Wayne will have the best defense by far Belfry has seen this season.Don't get me wrong i'm just an outsider looking in and don't really care who wins but how many more state titles do you think you would have if you had more balance on offense over the years.i love your program and its history but its hard to win state titles without having balance on offense.good luck to both teams should be a great game.

How many more wins do you think Prestonsburg would have had if Philip Haywood had stayed there and not gone to Belfry?
smoke1015 Wrote:Man, I made the mistake of making a Bills comparison. I didn't even know that was a common slight by people towards Belfry. I meant it in no disrespect. I wasn't saying Belfry choked or anything, just meant that it felt like they deserve to win won.

:hilarious: :lmao:

MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:How many more wins do you think Prestonsburg would have had if Philip Haywood had stayed there and not gone to Belfry?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next