•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 42 Johnson Central 14 final
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Most contracts are on a two year basis, and next year will be the end of it.
Hopefully JC can get away from EKY and play some quality competetion in the central or western part of the state.
I know it will be expensive, but there is no way Cov Cath should have drilled them like they did.Case in point, they needed a loss or some tough opponents.

And you say that based on what? From experience by watching both teams play this year?
Can you dig it? Wrote:I would love to see a Highlands/JC home and home. The drive to Paintsville is a show in itself and I'd love to have the opportunity to see a regular season game there. Count me in.:Thumbs:

Please explain.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Please explain.

:please:Nothing I like better than a drive through the eastern part of the state, especially in the fall. I wish I lived closer so I could drive KY 32 more than once a year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Can you dig it? Wrote::please:Nothing I like better than a drive through the eastern part of the state, especially in the fall. I wish I lived closer so I could drive KY 32 more than once a year.

Those hills you have to cross at Sandy Hook, I could do without....lol
I think the score of this game shows just how far mountain football has fallen in the last few seasons. Just about all the teams who were good the last 5 or so seasons were down bad this year. I think the only class that we will see a Mountain team in Bowling Green this year is 1a and possibly 5a or 3a, but I would not be at all shocked if we don't get any teams in and even if we do they will probably get dismantled by teams like Mayfield, Wayne county or Bowling Green. Something has got to give in this area IMO or we will never be able to compete with the teams up north or out west in the future. I am about sick of the "we don't have the right kind of athlete's in this area" bull !@#$. We do have the athletes to run the kind of offense that schools out in those areas run but we don't try to find or develop those kids. I don't think we have a lot of coaches in this area who have much experience in the implementation of that kind of offense or defense. Most of the schools in the mountain area from youth league on up all they think about is the run game. Just like we have so many teams in this area who never even try to develop a good kicking game. How many schools do we still have in this area who go for 2 after about every score even in a blowout. We have the kids who can kick a ball,( just look at the kid for JC this year) but most coaches in this area (just like passing and pass defense) just don't take much time to work on it. When a lot of people who say we don't have the right kind of kids for that kind of ball they should just say what they really mean. White men can run and catch also just like they can jump also. And I don't mean anything racist with that remark but that is what some of the people who make that excuse are thinking but they don't have the guts to say it.
Bob Seger Wrote:And you say that based on what? From experience by watching both teams play this year?

By listening to you JC fan talk about how awesome you were.

Was I wrong to believe you?!?!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:By listening to you JC fan talk about how awesome you were.

Was I wrong to believe you?!?!

About what I thought......Amazing how many self appointed experts on here that have their own little comments about stuff they know absolutely nothing about.
Bob Seger Wrote:Those hills you have to cross at Sandy Hook, I could do without....lol

Nah, I'm a Keith Whitley fan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you dig it? Wrote:Nah, I'm a Keith Whitley fan.

I am too, but I could still do without the curvy hill....Did you know that Ricky Skaggs is from Rt 32 a few miles on down the road around Blaine too?
Can any person on BGR from the mountain area look me in the eye and say that the coaches of the team they are for works just as hard on the pass and pass defense as they do the run and run defense. I think that if we are to ever get those spread offenses and stuff like that going in this area we have got to get some people in this area who have a lot of experience with it and know how to develop the skills and fundamentals in the kids for that kind of football. I love the run just as much as anyone but in this day and time if you can't do both you are not going very far. This is all just my own personal opinion and you can say what you want but mark my words that we will very slowly start to see some teams in this area start to do this stuff and they will dominate this area till every team get's on board. We have a few teams who have started to do it like Pike Central, Prestonsburg and Perry Central but even they haven't sold completely out on it yet. If one of those teams were to get a real good athletic championship caliber team going with the offense they run then no team in the mountains will be able to do anything with em IMO.
Bob Seger Wrote:Well ya know Dusty, I overheard some of the boys around the water cooler at the office just the other day talk about how they had heard of shenanigans like that happening before.....Shameful Dusty, just plain shameful that some cant conduct themselves any better than that...I really hope that is not the case with bluedaddy!!....but I don't know, I juust doon't know what to think right now.

Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am glad that you appreciate a good metaphor, Dusty.

As I am not the owner or operator of this forum, the moderators are not my problem. I'm just a lowly member providing a little customer feedback. If some of your crack team of moderators don't appreciate it, then just say the word and I will take my clicks elsewhere. :biggrin:

You guys are just KILLING ME!!! I thought you old intelligent guys (JUST LIKE ME) "GET IT" LOL - It's Social Media where obviously all (3) of us hide behind fake pseudonyms and understand that what is said in "Social Media" is should be NOTHING to get feelings hurt over, where most people say what they would never say in front of someone else's face (or else they would be using their REAL name instead of a made-up name, yet you two get so riled up over things that are only in your own minds! LOL, this infatuation of thinking someone is a MOD trolling you is 100% ludicrous, and you both know me and know I would say NOTHING versus lie - but your ability to not accept that you are getting hosed by someone of equal status is your own misguided "conspiracy theory". And Hoot, let's turn this around because I honestly don't care for senseless idol goofy "stand-offs", so if you want to take your posts somewhere else, or you would rather pay for your milk, then you tell me, I can take care of the rest. So if you reply YES, then thank thank you for everything that you have ever done on this site, it has truly been appreciated and respected by us all - I'll take care of the rest. If it is NO, then just play by the rules and stop your bitching about something that is FREE for you to use at your own leisure. Either way, this wonderful site goes on with or without you, I honestly don't care and am tired of the whining!
Stardust Wrote:You guys are just KILLING ME!!! I thought you old intelligent guys (JUST LIKE ME) "GET IT" LOL - It's Social Media where obviously all (3) of us hide behind fake pseudonyms and understand that what is said in "Social Media" is should be NOTHING to get feelings hurt over, where most people say what they would never say in front of someone else's face (or else they would be using their REAL name instead of a made-up name, yet you two get so riled up over things that are only in your own minds! LOL, this infatuation of thinking someone is a MOD trolling you is 100% ludicrous, and you both know me and know I would say NOTHING versus lie - but your ability to not accept that you are getting hosed by someone of equal status is your own misguided "conspiracy theory". And Hoot, let's turn this around because I honestly don't care for senseless idol goofy "stand-offs", so if you want to take your posts somewhere else, or you would rather pay for your milk, then you tell me, I can take care of the rest. So if you reply YES, then thank thank you for everything that you have ever done on this site, it has truly been appreciated and respected by us all - I'll take care of the rest. If it is NO, then just play by the rules and stop your bitching about something that is FREE for you to use at your own leisure. Either way, this wonderful site goes on with or without you, I honestly don't care and am tired of the whining!

[Image: http://www.prowrestlingpowerhouse.com/wp..._times.jpg]

Spoken like a true Dusty Rhodes promo.....
Bob Seger Wrote:About what I thought......Amazing how many self appointed experts on here that have their own little comments about stuff they know absolutely nothing about.

Sounds like a couple of posters i know.....
Stardust Wrote:You guys are just KILLING ME!!! I thought you old intelligent guys (JUST LIKE ME) "GET IT" LOL - It's Social Media where obviously all (3) of us hide behind fake pseudonyms and understand that what is said in "Social Media" is should be NOTHING to get feelings hurt over, where most people say what they would never say in front of someone else's face (or else they would be using their REAL name instead of a made-up name, yet you two get so riled up over things that are only in your own minds! LOL, this infatuation of thinking someone is a MOD trolling you is 100% ludicrous, and you both know me and know I would say NOTHING versus lie - but your ability to not accept that you are getting hosed by someone of equal status is your own misguided "conspiracy theory". And Hoot, let's turn this around because I honestly don't care for senseless idol goofy "stand-offs", so if you want to take your posts somewhere else, or you would rather pay for your milk, then you tell me, I can take care of the rest. So if you reply YES, then thank thank you for everything that you have ever done on this site, it has truly been appreciated and respected by us all - I'll take care of the rest. If it is NO, then just play by the rules and stop your bitching about something that is FREE for you to use at your own leisure. Either way, this wonderful site goes on with or without you, I honestly don't care and am tired of the whining!

:Clap:

You mean the site would go on without Seger and Hoot?!?!?!?1

You crazy guy.
YES. Make it so.

This website has declined to the point where it is barely recognizable as the one that I joined four years ago. Traffic is what makes websites like this one successful and content, not trolls, drives traffic.
What was a thread of substance & knowledge, absolutely has flown the coop.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::Clap:

You mean the site would go on without Seger and Hoot?!?!?!?1

You crazy guy.

Why are you bringing Seger into this? Just because I caught you up in one and exposed you doesn't mean I'm mad....Heck that's the stuff I live for.:Clap:

Say what???
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Sounds like a couple of posters i know.....

I challenge you to go through all 3,000+ posts of mine and find one time, just one where I have ever made a prediction with a score...I never do that because that is why they play the games....I think you are the one that comes up with these goofy Top 10 junk, when you have only seen 1 or 2 of those teams actually ever play.....I just really get a kick out of posts you make like "there is no way that CovCath should have....etc. etc"....You didn't know a bit more than a man in the moon about what you were talking about, because, for one CovCath is a much better team than JC, and yes, they should have won this game. The score was indeed indicative of the talent level of both teams....I was just exposing the fact that you constantly rattle on and on and on about stuff that you have no earthly idea about what you are rattling on about.
Confusednicker:

Secondly, if you think for the first second that I am mad about one single thing you better think again....cause Seger sure isn't ...It is little pipsqueeks like you that make me tick...:biggrin:...See I've got 3 snooty nosed kids that think they are so dadburned smart about everything too....They're just like you, they think they've been around this world enough to know it all. They're just exactly like you, they know just about enough to be dangerous....So I understand how little minds like yours work.....I get a kick out of knocking their little props out from under them too, when they act like you do.....It's a real gasser Gutter....I truly enjoy it...Confusedinglepar

Of all people in this world Dusty, you ought to know better than anyone about what makes me tick......You otta know darned well that I am not mad about anything....

Shoot, (and you really should know this better than anyone) that I would rather expose a "SKUNK" than eat.....Should we share that one with everyone else, or just keep that one our little secret? :biggrin: You weren't thinking about that one when you made post # 99, were you? Confusednicker:

Peeeee Uuuuuuuu or whatever it was.:biggrin:

This site is all just for fun Dust, don't take this stuff so darn serious....I sure don't..Besides, what would a man do if he didn't have the little Gutters and the NotsoBADCATS and the bluedaddys and the vectors and the etc. etc. etc. to keep themselves amused with...lol
Hey, it just came to me Dust............. "Good Grief" .....what could I have been thinking....

Remember, it's all in fun now!!!Confusednicker:
[B[/B]I still believe JC was much better than they played. Shocked
WhyLie Wrote:[B[/B]I still believe JC was much better than they played. Shocked

Problem is, CovCath was even better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Of all people in this world Dusty, you ought to know better than anyone about what makes me tick......You otta know darned well that I am not mad about anything....

Shoot, (and you really should know this better than anyone) that I would rather expose a "SKUNK" than eat.....Should we share that one with everyone else, or just keep that one our little secret? :biggrin: You weren't thinking about that one when you made post # 99, were you? Confusednicker:

This site is all just for fun Dust, don't take this stuff so darn serious....I sure don't..Besides, what would a man do if he didn't have the little Gutters and the NotsoBADCATS and the bluedaddys and the vectors and the etc. etc. etc. to keep themselves amused with...lol

Yes just like Mr. Kimball, let's share all, who gives a damn - RIGHT Wink Some people get kicked off the site and still find a way to get back with a way to play now don't they:Clap:
Bob Seger Wrote:Of all people in this world Dusty, you ought to know better than anyone about what makes me tick......You otta know darned well that I am not mad about anything....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just out of curiosity, for the JC fans, what was the "Uh-Oh" moment in this game, the one where you realized that the boys were in trouble? Anyone care to share?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I knew we were beat in the 4th when we couldn't hang on to the dang ball. It was a 2 score game with about 10 mins to go. Honestly Ill give ya my opinion of the game. We played the worse game we played all year. Covington Cath was also better then I expected. It all just came to a head. Offense was horrendous and our d didn't play. End result we got our butts beat and beat good. No more no less. If we played 9 more times I don't think the score would be lopsided either way. It was just a bad night.
Sorry but in the overall so called grand scheme of high school football, Johnson Central is still an upstart program that has experienced some moderate success over the past few years. They should not even be in the same conversation with schools like Highlands, CovCath, Belfry, among many others until they have achieved real success over an established period of time. They are very arrogant for a bunch of pretenders.
Bob Seger Wrote:Why are you bringing Seger into this? Just because I caught you up in one and exposed you doesn't mean I'm mad....Heck that's the stuff I live for.:Clap:

Becuase of this...

Bob Seger Wrote:And you say that based on what? From experience by watching both teams play this year?

Ive listened to JC fans all year on how good you were and youve let me down.
Bob Seger Wrote:I challenge you to go through all 3,000+ posts of mine and find one time, just one where I have ever made a prediction with a score...I never do that because that is why they play the games....I think you are the one that comes up with these goofy Top 10 junk, when you have only seen 1 or 2 of those teams actually ever play.....I just really get a kick out of posts you make like "there is no way that CovCath should have....etc. etc"....You didn't know a bit more than a man in the moon about what you were talking about, because, for one CovCath is a much better team than JC, and yes, they should have won this game. The score was indeed indicative of the talent level of both teams....I was just exposing the fact that you constantly rattle on and on and on about stuff that you have no earthly idea about what you are rattling on about.
Confusednicker:

Secondly, if you think for the first second that I am mad about one single thing you better think again....cause Seger sure isn't ...It is little pipsqueeks like you that make me tick...:biggrin:...See I've got 3 snooty nosed kids that think they are so dadburned smart about everything too....They're just like you, they think they've been around this world enough to know it all. They're just exactly like you, they know just about enough to be dangerous....So I understand how little minds like yours work.....I get a kick out of knocking their little props out from under them too, when they act like you do.....It's a real gasser Gutter....I truly enjoy it...Confusedinglepar

1. I dont have time.

2. Cant argue there. Most of the time i guess blind. My track record of being able to pick correctly even though i dont know is pretty good though.

3. Im not sure about the little part, but your welcome.

4. I have a pretty big head, literally speaking. There is no way my brain could be small. It might not be smart, but i assure you my brain is of epic proportions.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next