Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lexington Catholic
75.76%
Russell Co.
24.24%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic @ Russell County 11/15
Thoughts and Prediction?
I hate to say it but the way you talk about the Lakers, they are one bad @$$ team. Better than the one last year and the year before. If that's the case then that is a scary thought. So Lakers by a TD.
Lex-Cath by 2+ td's
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I believe Catholic wins this one going away by 2 or 3 scores. Call me crazy but it is just a prediction. Take it easy on me Russell County fans, I know you guys have a talented team and I have nothing but love for the Lakers. But lets face it, Catholic has been tested by a tough schedule. Russell County did what they were expected to do all season against the schedule they played. They beat who they were suppose to and thats all anyone can ask. The best team they faced was Pulaski County and that didn't end well. Everyone knows how good the Lakers are but something tells me Catholic is a better team. I see a close(maybe tied) until late in the 3rd and then Catholic pulls away. BTW, I am not a fortune teller but I am usually pretty solid with predictions. More important than anything, I wish both teams a healthy game. Good luck boys!
I have to go with Russell County!! Just watching them play, they are on a mission to gain some respect!!! I think its going to be a good game but Lakers in the end by 2 TD'S!!
Big Brown Wrote:I have to go with Russell County!! Just watching them play, they are on a mission to gain some respect!!! I think its going to be a good game but Lakers in the end by 2 TD'S!!

I hope so! I would like to see RC take it to the next level. The kids and fans deserve the respect.
FBfan4life Wrote:I hate to say it but the way you talk about the Lakers, they are one bad @$$ team. Better than the one last year and the year before. If that's the case then that is a scary thought. So Lakers by a TD.

Man, you say one thing on one thread and then go to another thread and say exactly opposite. YOU DO KNOW HOW TO PLAY TO THE CROWD!!Confusedinglepar
BoyleCounty Wrote:I believe Catholic wins this one going away by 2 or 3 scores. Call me crazy but it is just a prediction. Take it easy on me Russell County fans, I know you guys have a talented team and I have nothing but love for the Lakers. But lets face it, Catholic has been tested by a tough schedule. Russell County did what they were expected to do all season against the schedule they played. They beat who they were suppose to and thats all anyone can ask. The best team they faced was Pulaski County and that didn't end well. Everyone knows how good the Lakers are but something tells me Catholic is a better team. I see a close(maybe tied) until late in the 3rd and then Catholic pulls away. BTW, I am not a fortune teller but I am usually pretty solid with predictions. More important than anything, I wish both teams a healthy game. Good luck boys!

Fair enough, but the tremendous desire for a rematch vs you guys may take us over the edge to victory. We are due !!
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Fair enough, but the tremendous desire for a rematch vs you guys may take us over the edge to victory. We are due !!

I would like to see another Russell County/Boyle County game. :Thumbs:
I believe this will be the first ever match-up between the Lakers and the Knights. There are 3 common opponents with all the games being very similar blowouts. I really think this has the making for a close, high scoring contest. Both teams have the potential to score fast and both have descent defenses. If the Lakers can keep the Knights from having too may big plays, and take care of the ball, then I like our chances. I would like them better against a more run oriented team......the passing game concerns me more. Turnovers will likely be a killer for either team.

If all things were even, I'd give Lex Cath the slight edge, but this game being in Russell County might be enough to swing it to the Lakers. Of course, I wouldn't mind a Friday forecast calling for heavy rain and temps under 40 to help slow down the Knights' passing game.
Our strength of schedule has been weak there is no denying that. But let me tell you a few things about the Lakers that I believe are strong:
1. Our Defense
2. Our Running Game
3. Our Desire to go farther than any other RCHS team ever has.
4. Our Desire to prove that we can not only play with but beat the big boys in
4A.
5. The Character and Heart and Passion for the Game of A great group of
seniors who have brought pride to every Laker fan!
6. The belief of fifty something MIGHTY Lakers, our coaching staff, the parents,
and fans that we can and will win this game.

Now I respect the fine young men and coaching staff of Lexington Catholic. They have a great team. However, as our cheerleaders say toward the end of every game...."I believe that we will win". Go ahead and call me a homer, tell me about history and tradition, quote stats and tell me how unprepared we are. But I choose to believe! Go Lakers!!

ANCHOR DOWN
I think this will be a good game. In the end I don't think Russell County's schedule has prepared them for this type of game. I think the Knights spoil the Mighty Laker's attempt to get to their first Regional Championship Game 35-21.
Lex Cath
LexCath
I think Lex cath will win but if Russell co. can run the ball with success they could pull out a close one should be a dandy.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I believe Catholic wins this one going away by 2 or 3 scores. Call me crazy but it is just a prediction. Take it easy on me Russell County fans, I know you guys have a talented team and I have nothing but love for the Lakers. But lets face it, Catholic has been tested by a tough schedule. Russell County did what they were expected to do all season against the schedule they played. They beat who they were suppose to and thats all anyone can ask. The best team they faced was Pulaski County and that didn't end well. Everyone knows how good the Lakers are but something tells me Catholic is a better team. I see a close(maybe tied) until late in the 3rd and then Catholic pulls away. BTW, I am not a fortune teller but I am usually pretty solid with predictions. More important than anything, I wish both teams a healthy game. Good luck boys!

I do to BC. Just got to give RC players and fans some props. Cause according to them, they are due for a signature win since they play a cupcake schedule. And from what I said before, according to the Lakers followers, this years squad is better than last years and the year before ( which were an awesome squad BTW ). If that's the case then they should win....Right? Just saying!!!
Let's Go Russell County little far west for me GO LAKERS fro 64SUR :Cheerlead
As much as I would like to see Russell county win this game. I believe the schedule they played this year will come to hurt them now. Yes RC has a good defense but look at who they have played not one team the caliber of lex Cath. I guess the Russell fans will jump on me now but I'm just stating the facts. You use your non district games to get you ready for the playoffs not to pad some stats.
Best of luck to both teams!!!
Lex Cath 35
RC 21
I agree to be the best you have beat the best or at least play good competition.if not you are not prepared.
LexCath will win this one by a touchdown or two. If they can key in on the Lakers run game, the game will be over quick. The Lakers can't win a game with their passing attack. With that being said, it'll be difficult to stop the Lakers rushing attack. It's pretty solid.

On the notion that this year's Laker team is better than last year, I call it crazy. I can't see how this would be the case. I would rather have Mann at the QB, with Britt in the backfield and Ellis as a full-time wide receiver. That team also had a kicker. I believe his name was Lucas Williams. He could boot it. Number 16 and Number 40 from last year were great linebackers. I can't remember their names.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I agree to be the best you have beat the best or at least play good competition.if not you are not prepared.

I take it that you are saying Boyle County needs to play a better schedule in order to be better prepared for highlands.Confusednicker:
CatsFan2017 Wrote:LexCath will win this one by a touchdown or two. If they can key in on the Lakers run game, the game will be over quick. The Lakers can't win a game with their passing attack. With that being said, it'll be difficult to stop the Lakers rushing attack. It's pretty solid.

On the notion that this year's Laker team is better than last year, I call it crazy. I can't see how this would be the case. I would rather have Mann at the QB, with Britt in the backfield and Ellis as a full-time wide receiver. That team also had a kicker. I believe his name was Lucas Williams. He could boot it. Number 16 and Number 40 from last year were great linebackers. I can't remember their names.

I don't think anyone thinks the Lakers have better talent than we had last season...primarily with Britt and Williams. But the drop off hadn't been by much because we are much improved across the board.

We lost to Boyle last season because BC controlled the line and we couldn't establish an edge. That won't happen as easily this year. We ar much stronger up front. Defensively is no comparison. We were solid last season, but we are flat out good this season. We haven't been reliant on a punter who can flip the field, we hold teams for field position.

Would it be nice to have a few of those players back?.....absolutely. with those three players alone we would be a legitimate state championship contender, but even without them we are a more complete team than we had a year ago. Football isn't just something to do during the fall while waiting for basketball and baseball season to start. ....in just a few short years, it has once again become the most popular sport at Russell County.

Anchor Down.
It looks like Russell County has taken care of business. It's hard to tell though what they will look like vs. better teams. I noticed they have played 2 teams with winning records. Got beat by 28 to one (Pulaski) when they surrendered 300+ yds through the air. Beat the other (Knox Central) who was 6-5 on the year I believe.

The Lakers have a solid team. But Lex Cath isn't bad. I think it will be close and the Knights will prevail but it will probably be closer than some think.

FWIW, a source told me this weekend that Letton takes them very seriously and has thought they were a daunting matchup problem for weeks.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:I take it that you are saying Boyle County needs to play a better schedule in order to be better prepared for highlands.Confusednicker:

I assume you are a laker fan if so Russell countys schedule dosen't compare to Boyles schedule.as far as schedules go i think Boyle would be better prepared to take on Highlands than Russell county.:ChairHit:
Jack Lambert Wrote:I assume you are a laker fan if so Russell countys schedule dosen't compare to Boyles schedule.as far as schedules go i think Boyle would be better prepared to take on Highlands than Russell county.:ChairHit:

The dude is pretty funny huh Jack. See Jack, I like you, I like the way you think.
FBfan4life Wrote:The dude is pretty funny huh Jack. See Jack, I like you, I like the way you think.

We all know not to talk "bad" about the Lakers. The torches and pitchforks come out! Confusednicker:
Jack Lambert Wrote:I assume you are a laker fan if so Russell countys schedule dosen't compare to Boyles schedule.as far as schedules go i think Boyle would be better prepared to take on Highlands than Russell county.:ChairHit:

Never once said your record at Boyle was weak. You made the statement, "to be the best you have to beat the best" or play good competition . Just wanting you to take your own advice since Boyle has had a hard time beating Highlands. Russell County has just broken into a respectable football program talk and everyone attacks them for their SOS. You made the statement and I thought it was funny since Boyle itself is having trouble beating the best which is Highlands at this time.:argue:
If i'm not mistaken Highlands leads the series with Boyle either 3-2 or 4-2 with each team having a win over the other in state title games.thats not to bad against one of the best programs in the state every year.
BoyleCounty Wrote:We all know not to talk "bad" about the Lakers. The torches and pitchforks come out! Confusednicker:

Arrogance is ugly at any level. I have never put Boyle down at any time nor will I. I am proud of what Russell County has done regardless of their SOS.
Jack Lambert Wrote:If i'm not mistaken Highlands leads the series with Boyle either 3-2 or 4-2 with each team having a win over the other in state title games.thats not to bad against one of the best programs in the state every year.

Your mind serves you well Jack...Good thinking and very good memory if I may add.