Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mingo Central 26 Logan 20 (WV score)
jetpilot Wrote:So? You want to talk some UK basketball on this thread?:lame:

Off topic here...smh
BTW I wasn't calling you a douche again I was acknowledging the word I used... I didn't make that too clear and I apologize for that.
bucslover68 Wrote:Oh, douche, sorry!!!! I'll withdraw that comment since it's a good discussion...It would be interesting to see if MC stays on the uptick if a really good player came along where would he want to play? I don't see a real stud living in the Belfry area going to MC, but one living in WV May want to stay home for sure. I think Belfry has enough talent that it wouldn't hurt much but they may lose a player or two.

That is all I am asking. Everyone knows people leave WV and come over into KY to go to school. If I lived there I would have done the same thing. Their schools were a pitiful mess over there for many years. But now that they have a beautiful new school over there and a football program that is on the rise, will that hurt Belfry football? You say no. I say I don't know. I don't say I disagree with you. But your first instinct was to call the messenger a douche. That's what I dislike about Belfry fans.
And thanks a lot onejoe for starting a fight and then crawling on the floor out the door.

:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:That is all I am asking. Everyone knows people leave WV and come over into KY to go to school. If I lived there I would have done the same thing. Their schools were a pitiful mess over there for many years. But now that they have a beautiful new school over there and a football program that is on the rise, will that hurt Belfry football? You say no. I say I don't know. I don't say I disagree with you. But your first instinct was to call the messenger a douche. That's what I dislike about Belfry fans.

Well I've apologized, but with your history of JABS about WV license plates and blah blah, etc. and the way you WORD your questions sometimes you still get your jabs in and when you do that you may get some names thrown at you lol. If you or anyone wants to discuss football or get my honest opinion on something I am all for that and IMO this board needs more of that than some of the BS threads that are started.
jetpilot Wrote:And thanks a lot onejoe for starting a fight and then crawling on the floor out the door.

:biggrin:

Lol true...Not really too bad a fight JP... Actually some pretty good points.
EKU must be enjoying his Sunday nap!
Didnt Mingo build a brand new facility a couple of years ago?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Didnt Mingo build a brand new facility a couple of years ago?

Yep new school and athletic facilities that are exceptional.
lol EKU is either napping or working on his honey-do list...
I do take jabs at Belfry, have keep Belfry fans on their toes because they are getting a tad spoiled IMO. But I do root for Belfry in the playoffs and that won't change no matter how cocky the fan base gets haha. And no apology necessary 68...
jetpilot Wrote:lol EKU is either napping or working on his honey-do list...
I do take jabs at Belfry, have keep Belfry fans on their toes because they are getting a tad spoiled IMO. But I do root for Belfry in the playoffs and that won't change no matter how cocky the fan base gets haha. And no apology necessary 68...

Will be an interesting game for PHS Friday...two contrasting styles and Russell is a tough place to play...Good prep for a playoff road game though. PHS has a shot to get to state IMO if they focus one game at a time...They should be no worse than a toss up in any game prior to BG.
I went to school at belfry with at least one of the kid's parents that you named. Explain to me how you can live in the Belfry area all your life, go to school there, then have kids that go to school there AND be a transfer from WV.

While these kids are working their butts off , practicing hard, lifting weights, trying to better themselves, you come on here flexing your jaw muscles spreading lies and naming names...you do know that you are talking about and lying on teenagers, right? If you dont know what you are talking about then its best you shut up before someone does it for you. I know i would if you ever put my kids name on here and post a lie about him.

And make sure you dont get off topic on this discussion about WV hs football on this Ky hs sports site.
I love these threads. I especially like the comments like "not enough to move out of state" and similar. Let's assume you live in Williamson proper and move to South Williamson Ky. You have just move .5 miles. Let's say you live in West End and move to South Williamson, then you have move 1 mile. From Williamson to Toler is 3 miles. From Williamson to Hardy is what, 6 miles? Williamson to Turkey Creek is 5 miles maybe?

Any parent who loves their child would put their student in the best school in your area.

I think Belfry fans take the wrong approach. In general, they get defensive about getting kids from across the Tug River. We should wear it as a badge of honor and tell all those who can't beat us and like to cry to keep crying.
I guess it's no surprise this ended up another "how is Belfry affected ?". The only thing I'll say in that vein is....Paintsville saw the end of a very long period of winning football when Johnson Central began retaining kids who played earlier out in the county. The effect wouldn't be nearly as profound for the Pirates, imo, due to the distances involved.

But just wanted to throw some love the Miner's way. It's uncommon to see such a young program playing good football.
bucslover68 Wrote:EKU must be enjoying his Sunday nap!

jetpilot Wrote:lol EKU is either napping or working on his honey-do list...

Just letting everyone have their fun with jetpilot... he's a big boy and can take it. His Belfry obsession has been a bit strong lately.. going out of his way to be the first post in the Belfry/PC thread and now even jumping in on a Mingo Central thread just to talk more about those Pirates.

It is funny to see a Pikeville fan talking about transfers, specifically hypotheticals about out of state kids. JP loves talking about those three titles Pikeville has...how many would they have without those guys who were not native Pikevillians being their primary offensive weapons?

Ole JP... if ya can't beat em (or even avoid a running clock)... try to rile em up on the internet :eyeroll:
Pikeville hasn't won a state title since 1989. That has been 24 years.
bucslover68 Wrote:Yep new school and athletic facilities that are exceptional.

Wait, wait wait, lol. You used that word "Facilities" (as in plural).
We only have 1 "exceptional athletic facility" and that's Harless Stadium for Football only. We are in year 3 of the high school's existence and still lack:
Soccer Field (Games have been played at Burch and Williamson)
Tennis Courts (Games have been played at Gilbert and Williamson)
Baseball Field (Games have been played at Gilbert and Williamson)
Softball Field (Games have been played at Delbarton)

It's extremely frustrating to not have a true home field for some of our teams and it truly causes problems with kids not coming out to play because their parents can't drive 1/2 way across the county to get them to practices.

Yep, it's also frustrating to lose athletes to the border as some of you pointed out. You can't say it wouldn't make other schools frustrated to see athletes living in their county/district/etc leave. I saw this personally at Williamson through middle school and high school and I know Matewan obviously had the same sorta things going on. Oh well though, I'd rather win games with our own kids that have grown up and stuck with the feeder programs.

Back to the original topic though, we sure do hope we can get this home playoff. Our two last games against Herbert Hoover and Mt. View are two teams that we can most likely name the score on and won't really help in terms of our points towards advancing to a higher ranking. Our best situation, is if Keyser beats Frankfort and the "Golden Tornado" have to make the 6 hour trip down to Mingo County.....the exact opposite of what we had to do last year. [Image: http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333...6f93c7.jpg]
[Image: http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333...6b7d9a.jpg]
MCMiner247 Wrote:Wait, wait wait, lol. You used that word "Facilities" (as in plural).
We only have 1 "exceptional athletic facility" and that's Harless Stadium for Football only. We are in year 3 of the high school's existence and still lack:

It's extremely frustrating to not have a true home field for some of our teams and it truly causes problems with kids not coming out to play because their parents can't drive 1/2 way across the county to get them to practices.

Yep, it's also frustrating to lose athletes to the border as some of you pointed out. You can't say it wouldn't make other schools frustrated to see athletes living in their county/district/etc leave. I saw this personally at Williamson through middle school and high school and I know Matewan obviously had the same sorta things going on. Oh well though, I'd rather win games with our own kids that have grown up and stuck with the feeder programs.

Back to the original topic though, we sure do hope we can get this home playoff. Our two last games against Herbert Hoover and Mt. View are two teams that we can most likely name the score on and won't really help in terms of our points towards advancing to a higher ranking. Our best situation, is if Keyser beats Frankfort and the "Golden Tornado" have to make the 6 hour trip down to Mingo County.....the exact opposite of what we had to do last year. [Image: http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333...6f93c7.jpg]

You have a very nice gymnasium also.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Just letting everyone have their fun with jetpilot... he's a big boy and can take it. His Belfry obsession has been a bit strong lately.. going out of his way to be the first post in the Belfry/PC thread and now even jumping in on a Mingo Central thread just to talk more about those Pirates.

It is funny to see a Pikeville fan talking about transfers, specifically hypotheticals about out of state kids. JP loves talking about those three titles Pikeville has...how many would they have without those guys who were not native Pikevillians being their primary offensive weapons?

Ole JP... if ya can't beat em (or even avoid a running clock)... try to rile em up on the internet :eyeroll:

The answer is 3. Almost every member of those teams was born and raised in Pikeville, and they had a ton of offensive weapons. Played great defense too. After all the kidding around is done, PHS beats BHS in athletic events much more than BHS wins. And they win by a landslide in academics, which is the purpose of the school. So I don't let a couple hours of one Friday night define the two schools like most Belfry fans do. And with the way PHS more than competes with BHS 24/7/365, I sure don't feel the need to rile up Belfry fans. Just having a little fun at their expense and trying to inject a little dose of reality that is so sorely lacking. :eyeroll:

:devilflam
jetpilot Wrote:The answer is 3. Almost every member of those teams was born and raised in Pikeville, and they had a ton of offensive weapons. Played great defense too. After all the kidding around is done, PHS beats BHS in athletic events much more than BHS wins. And they win by a landslide in academics, which is the purpose of the school. So I don't let a couple hours of one Friday night define the two schools like most Belfry fans do. And with the way PHS more than competes with BHS 24/7/365, I sure don't feel the need to rile up Belfry fans. Just having a little fun at their expense and trying to inject a little dose of reality that is so sorely lacking. :eyeroll:

:devilflam

Almost every member? Hmm...

Also... are you now going to bring up other sports using your same argument? Pikeville's basketball success over the past decade has had a whole lot to do with transfers, in fact who was that Canadian kid who led Pikeville last year who came over from a fellow County School? There have been several kids over the year who have helped Pikeville baseball who were not raised in Pikeville city limits. Didn't the Howard sisters even play Girls Basketball for Pikeville? Come to think of it and speaking of Howards..wasn't the last QB to defeat Belfry in football Paul Howard who grew up in the Belfry School District?

Pikeville's athletic success in great deal has been based on kids who grew up from outside the Pikeville City Limits would you not agree?
^Don't know if I would go so far as to call it a great deal, but agree with your premise. It is significant.
But yet again, we digress. This is a Mingo Central thread.:biggrin:
MCMiner247 Wrote:Wait, wait wait, lol. You used that word "Facilities" (as in plural).

You have one of the nicest gyms around as well as having an auxiliary gym for practices and P.E.

Mingo Central should be a power in basketball and will be a power in all other sports when everything is built and the school established.
Would be nice if KY went to a point system to determine playoff teams like WV does. That system works pretty good, in my opinion.
Mountaineer Man Wrote:Would be nice if KY went to a point system to determine playoff teams like WV does. That system works pretty good, in my opinion.

Geography and number of teams make it tough.

It would have to resemble the OH system more than the WV system.
Disagree, you could set the number of teams from the East and West per class as it stands now you have 16 in each class from the east and west make the playoffs. And for Geography purposes, you think Boone Co. going to McCraken County is smart? That is a first round playoff game this year. Plus you would have 0, that is Zero, nada, none nil teams that are 0-10 making the playoffs. Keep 6 classes, divide the state into 4 regions NKY, EKY, SKY, WKY and go from there. The point system would be for A - one point for win, one point per oppontent you defeat each game they win. 2-A two, points, 3-A 3 points. etc. If a 3 team defeats a 6-A team they get 6 points for the win, plus a point for each win that team has. However if a 5-A team beats a 2A team they only get 2 points for the win, and 1 point for each game the 2A team wins.

When you divide the teams in regions as aforementioned, the top 4 teams (or however many) in each class in each region make the playoffs. Top point teams in each class have home game, and winners advance with top point team getting home game in each round. When you reach the semi state as we call it now, then it would be region final, higher point team is home team, winners advance to Title Game in BG. For the regional final you could have the 2 highest point teams have home games, lower has to travel.
I didn't even think of the gym! :insane:
It is a nice set-up with the track up above
and the auxiliary gym. Makes having multiple practices
very, very nice. Sound system needs an overhaul though....
multimillion dollar school, $150 sound system.

& Love the playoff system we have for the simple fact like Mountaineer said, 0-10 teams CANT make it. I remember when we still had Williamson, we played Jenkins....they finished 2-8 and somehow made the playoffs...
that same year, the Wolfpack finished 6-4 and MISSED the Class "A" Playoffs...basically because the teams ranked higher had played tougher opponents, even if they were 5-5.