Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Ten 1a games of week ending 11-02-13
Well this past week was a great one across the board. We have had a great last two weeks here in 1a. This week will be the last regular season top ten in 1a. I will have to make some adjustments as the playoffs go on. This week being the last of the regular season has some great games as well. So without further ado, here is the top ten of this week:

1) #1 Mayfield @ #1 Caldwell Co #2
This one here could be the small school championship, at least of the regular season. Last year Mayfield handled the Tigers at War Memorial. The last time the Tigers beat the Cardinals was in 2009 in the mud bowl. The Tigers are itching for some payback. The question is can Mayfield contain the high flying Tigers offense. The other question will be can Caldwell come up with enough defense to get some stops on Mayfield. These two teams look very similar this year. Mayfield will roll in with a 9-0 record and on a 23 game win streak. The Cardinals have a Lit rating of 115.7. The Tigers also have a 9-0 record. They have a Lit Rating of 115.3. These two could make all the fans happy they paid their money to come watch it. Princeton should be filled to the gills and rocking the house.

2) #4 South Warren 3a @ #2 Russellville
This here is another team of very similar circumstances. These are two great teams and will fill the house as well. South Warren comes into this one with an 8-1 record and a Lit rating of 100.7. The Panthers also come in at 8-1 off their first disappointing loss of the season in Mayfield. The Panthers however, did prove they belong. The Panthers come in with a Lit rating of 100.1. I expect both teams to want to finish the regular season with a big win to propel them into the playoffs.

3) #7 Newport Cent Cath 2a @ #4 Beechwood
This is another long time rivalry here. These two teams use this game to see just how successful they will be in the playoffs. Beechwood has won 2 of the last 3 in this match up. Both teams play a tough schedule and take early losses to build for the later part of the year. Both teams come in with similar records as well. NCC comes in at 5-4 with a Lit rating of 87.1. Beechwood comes in at 6-3 with a Lit Rating of 6-3. This is an important game mentally for both of these teams. The atmosphere at Fort Mitchell should be electric.

4) #3 Pikeville @ #12 Russell 3a
This is a chance for the Panthers to prove they are not just another little school team. They have a chance to make other teams take notice that they can play with anyone. These two teams look pretty similar as well. Pikeville rolls into this one with a 8-1 record and a Lit rating of 84.6. Russell also would like to get a little recognition and a good win to build on for the playoffs. They come into this one with a record of 6-3 and a Lit rating of 80.5. This should also be a full house atmosphere.

5) #8 Frankfort @ #11 Danville 2a
This is a non district game that actually has district implications now. That is since Danville now finds themselves in a 3 way tie for 1st in their district and they need the points to propel them into a #2 seed at least. Frankfort made short work of the Admirals in Frankfort last year. Danville would like to reverse the rolls this year. Frankfort comes in with a record of 7-2 and a Lit rating of 94.7. Danville comes in with a mark of 5-4 and a Lit rating of 79.2. This is a chance for Danville to start bringing back some of the glory. This should be a great environment for Friday night football.

6) #10 Williamsburg @ #12 Pineville
Williamsburg is looking to sweep their district once again and establish themselves as the power of the region. This game would go a long way toward achieving just that. Pineville however is looking for a chance to say "Not so fast my friend" and prove they are underrated. Williamsburg has had trouble with teams that appear to be tough, so who knows. Williamsburg rolls into this one at 6-2 with a Lit rating of 87.6. Pineville comes in with a similar mark of 6-3 and a Lit rating of 59.0. This should be another packed house.

7) Holy Cross @ #9 Bardstown 2a
Holy Cross looked to be on a roll towards taking control of their district until recently and would like to get back to winning big games here. This is an opportunity for them to get things right just before the playoffs. Holy Cross appears to be a better team than last year. They come into this one with a record of 5-4 and a Lit rating of 74.3. Bardstown also looks to be improving. Bardstown comes in at 7-2 and have a Lit rating of 88.9. Should be a great game.

8) Pendleton Co 4a @ Ludlow
This is a game of 2 struggling teams that would like to end their regular season with a win. Pendleton comes into this one at 3-5 with a Lit rating of 36.1. Ludlow comes in with a similar record of 3-6 and a Lit rating of 45.8. This should be another one that comes down to the wire.

9) LaRue Co 3a @ Campbellsville
This is another one where two teams come in looking for some good things to happen. LaRue Co would love to get their first win of the season. They come into this one at 0-9 and a Lit rating of 48.7. Campbellsville would like to get another win at the end of the season to give them something to build on going into the playoffs. They come into this one at 2-7 with a Lit rating of 50.0. Good luck to both of these teams.

10) West Carter 3a @ #9 Paintsville
This is a chance for both of these teams to get a win at the end of regular season to build some confidence going into the playoffs as well. West Carter comes into this one at 2-7 with a Lit rating of 54.6. Paintsville is having a successful season and would love to build on it with this one. They come in at 6-3 with a Lit rating of 71.0.

Alright ladies and gentlemen there it is. This is the last one of the regular season. I hope this season has been as fun for you guys as it has for me. It's almost time to start the second season. I can't wait for the playoffs but, I am going to miss this thread each week. I will have to do some modifications going forward.
Thanks 55. Looks like another good week of exciting football, as we close out the regular season. Good job once again!
Thank you sir. I have really enjoyed putting this together this year. The last few weeks have had some great games and that makes it even more interesting.
Raceland Vs. Ironton would be a better game than any of the bottom 3 games on the list
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
From what I saw on Maxpreps, that team is not very good. I did not think it should even be in the running. You never know what you get on an out of state product though.
Thank You 55! Been a pleasure reading them!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Thank you sir. I got a feeling that next weeks will be weak with it being the first round of the playoffs.
WOW thank you mysonis55 you can call me Sir 64sur Confusednicker:
Ironton is a traditionally rich school. Always very competitive within their division and generally one of the too dogs in the area. They r very yout but r big updront and have reall atheletic rb and qb. Raceland should win by 2-3 scores though. Especially with it being at Raceland.
I would think they should win by more this year.
I cant get over how good the first 6 games look and hardly anyone is replying.
1A power myson no one wants to lose to a 1a schools.Thanks for the hard work an keeping 1A alive :welcome: from williamsburg
Sure would like to see your Cards go up against Caldwell. This should be well worth admission. Imo, going to be tough for the Cards, but will be pulling for your team 55.(until we see you in BG....heh heh :popcornSmile
We plan to let Princeton know we are there.
Ironton must win this game to make the Ohio playoffs, This is gonna be a tough game.
Weird set up when beating an out of state team gets you into the playoffs.
Has anyone seen the new ap polls yet. I saw the new Lit ratings. I was rather impressed with this. When I looked at our team this year, I saw a pretty good team that would have to play great team ball to win the district and try to make a run at state. I thought we would lose 3 games or so though. This is the most overachieving I think I have ever seen out of our Cards. I checked this Lit ratings and this is what I saw.

1a teams played so far
Fulton City #20 41.9
Fulton Co #17 53.4
Russellville #2 100.8
2a team played
Murray #4 102.6
3a teams played
Fort Campbell #8 93.1
Paducah-Tilghman #2 111.1
5a team played
Graves Co #8 102.7
6a teams played
Marshall Co #30 72.0
McCracken Co #3 122.0

Now you know why I thought we would lose 3 games or so. This blows my mind. Some times I guess it is more about the heart than anything else.
Just 3 days.
Just 3 days when we play pineville a team that was just 6 points down to hazard with 4.00 minute to play.LET's Go Williamsburg I love it mysonis55 :dudecomeon: give us a :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
You can't bill that game up 64. If they actually beat the burg you won't be able to stop the bleeding.
mysonis55 Wrote:You can't bill that game up 64. If they actually beat the burg you won't be able to stop the bleeding.

Tell me about it Williamsburg fans will run me off an tell me to stay in Laurel County.Confusednicker: Check my cousin son out on the middle schools thread on BGR Williamsburg vs edmondson Dalton Sizemore younger brother great kid
That explains the adoption now.
Mysonis55 gets the award for best BGR weekly breakdown! These are great reads
Thank you Tiger. I enjoy digging up these stats. I would also like to use the team statistics. The problem is, too many teams don't report. That includes my beloved Cards. It drives me nuts. Every time that I post one of these threads, I think how much better it would be if I had team and player stats to use.
Less than 48 hours away from some great games fellas. Let's here the thoughts.
Most people that post on these matchups post on the individual game thread in liue of posting here.
mightydog Wrote:Most people that post on these matchups post on the individual game thread in liue of posting here.

It's Ok mightydog join the fun mysonis55 works hard on the top ten 1A games of the week.I personally like to give him heck i hope i don't offend nobody its all in good fun an go williamsburg :dangcompu:dangcompu:dangcompu
I appreciate it 64.
I just hope Pineville plays with as much heart as they did in the hazard game but I don't see it.. But When these teams meet again I say we see a different team.
Pikeville will have to deal with Raceland first. The Rams should win the east.