Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
60.00%
Prestonsburg
40.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. @ Prestonsburg 11/01
I know its two weeks away but what does everyone think about this game?
^????^ I could be wrong, but don't we play Prestonsburg on 10/25.
I was thinking that our off week was on the last week of regular season play just like the last few years.
These two weeks will help us get prepare and win the up coming game at Prestonsburg!!
Do-double-gg Wrote:^????^ I could be wrong, but don't we play Prestonsburg on 10/25.
I was thinking that our off week was on the last week of regular season play just like the last few years.

Nope, bye week is 10/25 and P-Burg is on 11/01.....which gives us 2 weeks to get ready for the game and heal up for playoffs. IMO if we get a lead in this game I would play second string and give starters a break to prepare for week 1 of playoffs.
I would guess that P-burg is solely focused on this weeks game, Leslie for the district championship. With a win they will probably also rest a lot of starters in the Lawrence game.
lpd826 Wrote:Nope, bye week is 10/25 and P-Burg is on 11/01.....which gives us 2 weeks to get ready for the game and heal up for playoffs. IMO if we get a lead in this game I would play second string and give starters a break to prepare for week 1 of playoffs.

My bad about the schedule thing.
Personally I'm not a big fan of resting players to get them ready for a later game. Unless he has a injury or somethings going on like that. I think you need to play them and keep them sharp at real game speed. Then if things are going well pull them in the third and give the younger guy's a chance to see the Friday night lights. That's just my opinion and maybe that's why we pay the coaches and I just pay to watch.
But I do know that P-Burg will be a tough game for LC i would bet my bottom dollar on that. So LC better be ready or they will be back peddling into the play offs. Good Luck and Go Dawgs
LC with a Running Clock!!!!!
To get to where we want to be we need to put the hammer down on P'burg and not let up on both sides of the ball. I would like to see some more short passes to tight ends and running backs to help spread the field.
Finally we can talk about this game.

Who do you have folks?
LC by a couple of TD's
Should be a interesting game, but I think Lawrence Co. is going to be able to grind away on the ground.

Lawrence Co. - 36

Prestonsburg - 21
Lawrence Co
Confusedhh: P'burg Confusedhh:
64, come on man.
Lc wins
mysonis55 Wrote:64, come on man.

You leave 64 alone. I think this is the 1st time he has picked Prestonsburg all year.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:LC with a Running Clock!!!!!

Running Clock!!!!!!! In my opinion, the dawgs will be fortunate to win this game on the road. Both teams can score a lot of points, and Prestonsburg has generated a lot of momentum by wrapping up another district title. Who ever wins the turnover battle will win the game. Good luck to both teams.
It should be a closely-fought game (heck, it's ALWAYS a good game regardless of records) !!

This will serve as a nice barometer on how the young Blackcats have learned through the regular season.

Looking very forward to this one... :popcorn:
oneijoe Wrote:It should be a closely-fought game (heck, it's ALWAYS a good game regardless of records) !!

This will serve as a nice barometer on how the young Blackcats have learned through the regular season.

Looking very forward to this one... :popcorn:

I agree oneijoe.

This is a very young team with only 2 seniors playing. I do feel they have grown a lot during the season. This is a pretty good Lawrence County team and I think this game will let us know where we stand.
Lawrence County by 14.
i just hope both teams stay healthy as they can.i think lc needs this w more after losing two in a row.kinda wished this game was played earlier in the year.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Running Clock!!!!!!! In my opinion, the dawgs will be fortunate to win this game on the road. Both teams can score a lot of points, and Prestonsburg has generated a lot of momentum by wrapping up another district title. Who ever wins the turnover battle will win the game. Good luck to both teams.
In all three of LC's losses, turnovers played a huge part. However LC proved they could move the chains on everybody and so far have been in every game. This is a very good LC sleeper team with an O & D line that will stun you very quickly.
LC
Interesting game

Pburg has improved a whole lot since early in the season.

Think LC has the edge in a game that will not fall short on offense.

LC 34
Pburg 26
Gonna go with the "Dogs" over the Cats in this game, P-Burg has a really good QB who can run and pass, but the Dogs have a talented QB as well, the running attack by the LC Dogs will be too much for the cats in this one....

LC 34
P-Burg. 24
dawgbyte02 Wrote:In all three of LC's losses, turnovers played a huge part. However LC proved they could move the chains on everybody and so far have been in every game. This is a very good LC sleeper team with an O & D line that will stun you very quickly.

The Bulldog line play is exactly why I think this game will give a good reading of the Blackcats. Prestonsburg's line play has gotten better throughout the year. It's a good thing, too, with the injuries P-burg has sustained to some of its skill players. Without that progress, the game vs. Betsy Layne could well have been a loss but the lines asserted themselves in the second half.

The Blackcat running game now may be as much a threat as the pass. Defensively, this team has surpassed the performance of last year's unit (which was really never a strong defensive team). Last week P-burg looked more dominant in the trenches than I've seen this season.

The challenge for Prestonsburg may lie in the playcalling. Coach D and Coach A need to recognize the point of the game opposition's LB's begin dropping into coverage by default (the point at which the pass has set up the run), and then trust the running game to deliver. Not as easy as it sounds for an offense which habitually slings the ball all over the field.

:popcorn:
Blackcats continue to improve tonight.

Prestonsburg 30
Lawrence Co. 26
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Blackcats continue to improve tonight.

Prestonsburg 30
Lawrence Co. 26
This is a Friday night game isn't it?
Lawrence 43 PBurgh 38