Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the best and worst football fields and why?
Sheldon Clark has always been bad whenever i played on it always ended up with black paste or something on my jersey and it was just everywhere awful awful this about about 2 yrs ago they fixed it up last year.
Pikeville,Belfry, and LCC has the best around, though where BHS and LCC's field is new, its still got like patches of the black stuff on parts of the field

Lynn Camp's field seems nice natural wise, so does corbin, south floyd, paintsville,JCHS, valley, jenkins was alright

Allen Central's field looked nice from appearance last year, but the bermuda grass tore up 2 easily, and the ground smelled horrible, p-burg's field is horrible when it rains, just big patches of water and mud every where, my 8th grade year, when we played hazard, the field was awful, nothing but some kinda dirt/sand and dead grass,
but out of all the bad ones, fleming neon takes the cake on that one.... there was mud 3-4 inches in the middle of the field, no grass in sight, and there was sewer runnign across the middle of the field, just nasty...........
Lynn Camps field is nice and has really thick grass plus it also drains well to because of the sand they have on it.
When ours is dry, its nice. When its wet, its hell. Ive been tackled into so many pools of water. But i must say LCC has a great field, if you life turf, personally i prefer grass.
sf's od field was one of the worst and there new field is prolly the best grass field in eastern kentucky
sf_football Wrote:sf's od field was one of the worst and there new field is prolly the best grass field in eastern kentucky
Not he best or even second best!!
i would say that shelby valley's field is in bad shape. My sophmore year i broke my arm, and was cut all to pieces. But i heard through the grapevine that pike central, valley and east ridge were getting turf. so if any one knows anything post it
Allen Centrals is pretty bad. THey got a big MUD HOLE on one side of the field which is about 20 yards long and the whole field across. They also have holes all through ground and i about broke my ankle on one of the wholes
sf_football Wrote:sf's od field was one of the worst and there new field is prolly the best grass field in eastern kentucky
I AGREE FULLY we used to call it "the cow pasture" but that would be an insult to cow pastures. I heard a game was delayed once over there because of copperheads on the field. Phelps field is no slouch either. Id have to say Pikeville and Belfrys are the nicest with the slight edge to (Its kills me to type this) Belfry. The only reason CAM gets the edge is that its got home and visitors bleachers and not just one grandstand for both sides, I know Pikeville has there Baseball field on the other side but it kind of loses the stadium feel for football games.
PantherPride68 Wrote:I AGREE FULLY we used to call it "the cow pasture" but that would be an insult to cow pastures. I heard a game was delayed once over there because of copperheads on the field. Phelps field is no slouch either. Id have to say Pikeville and Belfrys are the nicest with the slight edge to (Its kills me to type this) Belfry. The only reason CAM gets the edge is that its got home and visitors bleachers and not just one grandstand for both sides, I know Pikeville has there Baseball field on the other side but it kind of loses the stadium feel for football games.

I agree 100%. I love to be face to face with the other fans.

:ChairHit:
"the rock" sheldon clarck and fleming neon was the worst
russell has the worst field i have evr played on. they don't even have grass.
How is Johnson Central's field as far as away teams? How do other teams feel about it?
t-cat07 Wrote:russell has the worst field i have evr played on. they don't even have grass.

Their field was very nice for the AA semi game this year.

:golf:
BelfryJustice Wrote:There field was very nice for the AA semi game this year.

:golf:

We have grass. Just not in the middle of the field.

We are working on turf right now. Although I don't know how many years it will take to get it.
Valley Is Getting Turf Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you can stay off your back at Russell then you dont have to worry about the grass or lack there of. When I played- Man, WV was the worst field it actually had coal pieces on it and the rest was shale rock, no grass at all- then Belfry- It seemed to flood our game in 1983, the only things you could see was the endzone pylons and the goal posts.- then Rowan Countys old field, you could park a truck in the holes and never see it running down the field. Russell doesnt have the best field but I would argue that they have one of the best stadiums in the Eastern, KY. Yea I know that Putnam is nice but the parking sucks.
it may be a bad feild but their has been a lot of good games on it