Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 35 Corbin 28
I think both of these teams are quality competitors but everyone is overlooking central and tilghman
I'll admit I was wrong about the RedPups...I honestly didn't think they would stay within 3 or 4 TD's in this one. Looks like it was a heck of a game, hopefully these two can do it again in the Region Finals!!!
Go Big Red! Wrote:I don't know about Wayne's d turning it up the game I saw was Corbin was driving the ball running it and decided to try and pass on 3rd & 7 when they where in 4 down teritory regardless and got picked on a bad throw. The last possession was all on Corbin the qb did not handle the snap 3 plays in a row. The kid was just shook up and again I think he will grow from this and get better. Guffey is a really good QB but our secondary made him look better, there was a few of the passes that should have been picked. Both teams played very well hats off to Wayne and I do believe we will be headed back over that way in the playoffs!!!

Yeah the dogs are going to Louisville and beat central a team beaten by undefeated doss,st x I don't think you will get a trip back to Wayne county. Corbin has played 1 good team and got beat Confusednicker:
1/4bak Wrote:Yeah the dogs are going to Louisville and beat central a team beaten by undefeated doss,st x I don't think you will get a trip back to Wayne county. Corbin has played 1 good team and got beat Confusednicker:

I have a feeling Corbin can play with anyone in 3a in Louisville after playing Wayne that close could have went anyway 1/4bak Confusednicker:
1/4bak Wrote:Yeah the dogs are going to Louisville and beat central a team beaten by undefeated doss,st x I don't think you will get a trip back to Wayne county. Corbin has played 1 good team and got beat Confusednicker:

Believe me I have the utmost respect for Central as should any team thinking about a state title run. Central is the king of 3a!!! I do think we can go to Louisville and play them a heck of a game! We have as good of a chance as any of beating them! Its not going to be easy for anybody coming out of our side of the bracket. Belfry has a cake walk compared to this side. IMO if central is going to get beat this is the year it will happen. If they get by Corbin they have Wayne next and that's playing two of the top teams in the state back to back!!!!

GO BIG RED!!!
Wow, what a game! Enjoyed this FOOTBAL game, even as a loss. Hats off to Wayne County.
The Redhounds know what they have to do.

Go Big Red!!!
I am not making any excuses or what ifs but simply trying to understand a few things:
1. Why did we start passing late in the fourth with plenty of time when we were moving the ball on the ground.
2. How in the world do you get a delay of game when running hurry up offense?
3. Why did Jackson and Waddle not get more touches? We have probably the fastest kid and best athlete in the region with Waddle and we don't get him the ball in this environment? I think he got five offensive touches the entire game.
4. Someone help me understand our pass defense? Why do we go man to man on their best receiver with our shortest and slowest DB? I'm not knocking the kid at all but that is not where his role is.
5. Jackson had one hell of a run for a TD but never got another carry if I'm not mistaken.
6. What about Powers? Don't understand why he doesn't get touches.

I asked one of the parents before the game what he thought our chances were. His exact statement was, "we'll be fine if we don't get out coached." Hmmmm....I think he was spot on.

Don't get me wrong, I really love and respect these coaches but in my opinion they got rattled...which caused the kids to get rattled. Come on guys please learn from this one.

Again, I am not making excuses. The better team won but think we could have been better than we were. Congrats to the kids for playing their hearts out!
Waddle is a game breaker. I would get him as many touches as I could.

oldhound70s Wrote:I am not making any excuses or what ifs but simply trying to understand a few things:

1. Why did we start passing late in the fourth with plenty of time when we were moving the ball on the ground.

2. How in the world do you get a delay of game when running hurry up offense?

3. Why did Jackson and Waddle not get more touches? We have probably the fastest kid and best athlete in the region with Waddle and we don't get him the ball in this environment? I think he got five offensive touches the entire game.

4. Someone help me understand our pass defense? Why do we go man to man on their best receiver with our shortest and slowest DB? I'm not knocking the kid at all but that is not where his role is.

6. What about Powers? Don't understand why he doesn't get touches.

I asked one of the parents before the game what he thought our chances were. His exact statement was, "we'll be fine if we don't get out coached." Hmmmm....I think he was spot on.

I don't like to second guess coaches, but I wondered some of the same things, so in hindsight ......
1. Stick with what's working, running the ball, cost Corbin a potential go-ahead score earlier on 3rd and 3 in 4 down territory, they try to pass leading to a 18 yd. loss and then had to punt
2. I don't like the QB having to go to the sideline to get the play, especially in the hurry-up.
3. Waddle has to get the ball more often.
4. Have to watch defensive match-ups so that this does not happen so often.

Don't get me wrong, I really love and respect these coaches but in my opinion they got rattled...which caused the kids to get rattled. Come on guys please learn from this one.

Again, I am not making excuses. The better team won but think we could have been better than we were. Congrats to the kids for playing their hearts out!

I agree SEKY!! These kids played their butts and I'm sure they will hear all about their mistakes this week. Coaches need to fix their mistakes also. Corbin has the talent, skill, and will to be playing for the State Championship. The kids are stepping up to the plate this year and coaches must do so as well. I'm not trying to bash them but Friday was frustrating for me and many other Redhound faithful. Again, these are good men who didn't bring their best Friday night. I hope the whole team learns from it.
What frustrated you fans was a better team.......quit crying. You lost. Wayne made the plays when it counted, every possession it counted. Go back and watch it. This was a game you thought you would win and you got your feeling hurt by a better team. You are not the best. Nothing wrong with that.
Read the entire posts dip shit. I agree we got beat by a better team. I'm not taking anything away from Wayne or making excuses. I am simply questioning our coaches decisions. You are right! We thought we could win and we didn't. We made stupid mistakes and Wayne made plays. Take away our mistakes and I feel Wayne still would have beat us but probably in OT. They seemed to have more moxy and desire late in the game. I've ate my crow. I've actually been eating crow for several years thanks to this coaching staff. Regardless, I still like and respect them. My only point is that they do way too many questionable things. Wayne has a very very good football team and one big dip shit in Matt Dillon. Congrats on a great win Cards.
I read them all. I responded to your whining about coaches and your team. You my friend are a liar. You are making excuse after excuse for your loss. As a matter of fact you went as far as numbering them. Too bad you are not the coach at Corbin or they would have won. Heck I am not even a Wayne County fan, just get tired of homers like you that could have, would have or should have. Shut up. You have the rest of the season to play. Maybe you get Wayne again. You better hope not. I watched this game and you are lucky they did not beat you worse. Thompson is a smart coach. They will exploit your weakness even more if you play again. They will beat you 3 TD if you play again. But you cant beat Central so its a mute point.
Matt Dillon Wrote:I read them all. I responded to your whining about coaches and your team. You my friend are a liar. You are making excuse after excuse for your loss. As a matter of fact you went as far as numbering them. Too bad you are not the coach at Corbin or they would have won. Heck I am not even a Wayne County fan, just get tired of homers like you that could have, would have or should have. Shut up. You have the rest of the season to play. Maybe you get Wayne again. You better hope not. I watched this game and you are lucky they did not beat you worse. Thompson is a smart coach. They will exploit your weakness even more if you play again. They will beat you 3 TD if you play again. But you cant beat Central so its a mute point.

Hey princess troll stool your an idiot!! You more then likely weren't even at the game I've watched the film Corbin blew several opportunity's to win this game. We were way more aggressive and played a heck of a game. If you were at this game and that's what your opinion is I'm not wasting my time. Corbin will be just fine the fans or coaches aren't making excuses these old hounds will be just fine!!!!
That beating you all took has really hurt lol.
Beating? Your my friend are an idiot and a troll. Corbin lead most of this game to me that's not a beating!! Both teams played their tales off and who ever the winner was deserved it. Hats off to you Wayne Co hope we meet again!! That was probably the best high school football game ive ever seen!!!

GO BIG RED!!
You Corbin fans are making yourself look bad with the sour grapes. You should be used to the beatings we have gave you over the years! Bell County Bobcats, still the best in the mountains!
^
:biglmao:
lillianhidgepork Wrote:You Corbin fans are making yourself look bad with the sour grapes. You should be used to the beatings we have gave you over the years! Bell County Bobcats, still the best in the mountains!

Congrats Matt Dillon, you have another dip shit to keep you company. This one is even from Williamsburg. How ironic, a poster from Williamsburg posing as a Bell Co fan and accusing Corbin of making excuses. 😄Corbin fans say they got beat by a better team and Williamsburg whines about the sun in their eyes and wearing darker jerseys, sprained ankles etc. Then they say we have sour grapes....thats hilarious. You two are pathetic jealous wanna bees always cutting Corbin down to make you look better. I don't see anyone from Corbin making any excuses. Everyone has stated we got beat by a better team. :gtfo:
^
Hes not posing as a Bell fan.
You should have seen him after Corbin beat Bell in girls basketball last year.
He was tore up Confusednicker:
Im no poser, I just don't like Corbin and I am one of the biggest Bobcat fans. Corbin sucks! I hope they lose every game they play. They are the biggest crybabies known to man and this football game proves it. No wonder everybody was giving them a hard time over this game. Just look at this thread, and go back and look at the prediction thread. Nobody likes a sore loser and the bottom line is this:

YOU LOST!:biglmao::devilflam
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Im no poser, I just don't like Corbin and I am one of the biggest Bobcat fans. Corbin sucks! I hope they lose every game they play. They are the biggest crybabies known to man and this football game proves it. No wonder everybody was giving them a hard time over this game. Just look at this thread, and go back and look at the prediction thread. Nobody likes a sore loser and the bottom line is this:

YOU LOST!:biglmao::devilflam

Lets be honest, I didnt lose anything, and while my love for Corbin definitely does not exist, I can admit when i see a good football team.
Lets see how well the mighty bobcats do when they get a running clock put up against them when Corbin comes calling...
Not talking to you Gut......
I do not think the game is that close if Wayne tackles. I know of two Corbin scores and three or four 3rd down conversions, where Wayne had the running back stopped and didn't wrap up. Still one heck of a game and the atmosphere was awesome!
Well if Corbin's backs would just fall down, it would have been a different game also.
I was actually stating a fact, not some asinine statement. I was pointing out basic fundamentals that could derail the cards season. It was not a knock on Corbin, because missed tackles do happen to good running backs. That is what makes them good. Wayne County must execute fundamentally in order to have a chance in the post season.....in response to your statement Corbin's backs did fall down several times.