Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Cheerleading Squads! Who's the best!
Beef and any other Mod from Pikeville...

I know that you all know that Triple Threat is my other identity on here..

I know that Pikeville is a very good squad..so don't get upset. More importantly...DO NOT TELL ANYONE WHO TRIPLE THREAT REALLY IS..not that I think that you would anyway..just as a precaution.

I have family and a ton of friends who have cheered and are cheering for Pikeville. They know who I am as Pirate Pal, but not as Triple Threat. I am just trying to get them fired up just to hear them go off when they try to get me (as Pirate Pal) to find out who Triple Threat is...which of course I won't..LOL

It's all in fun, just to get them mad. LOL
anyway. triple threat. you obviously have animosity towards pikeville. i dont cheer for them anymore, and i dont go to school there anymore. i am not going to take up for them.

but i will also not let someone jealous like you taint 2 championships that my fellow teammates and i worked so hard for. alot of time and effort went into those wins and i am tired of everyone trying to ruin them.
"PvilleCheerAlum" Wrote:anyway. triple threat. you obviously have animosity towards pikeville. i dont cheer for them anymore, and i dont go to school there anymore. i am not going to take up for them.

but i will also not let someone jealous like you taint 2 championships that my fellow teammates and i worked so hard for. alot of time and effort went into those wins and i am tired of everyone trying to ruin them.

That's where your wrong. I have no animosity towards Pikeville at all. I do like to tell the truth about things though. I want people who don't know cheerleading to know that "nationals" don't mean that every squad in the nation competes and that you pay to go. I'm glad that a 15th region squad won and twice at that but I want to make sure that it's explained. All cheerleaders are athletes in my book. I guess we'll call a truce for the sake of argument.
i have spent 4 years defending this. and yes we pay to go, but you have to qualify at a regional competition. the only reason we have to pay personally is because states do not recognize cheerleading as a sport. therefore, the squads school cannot give them any money toward nationals since it is a competition out of the state.
"PvilleCheerAlum" Wrote:i have spent 4 years defending this. and yes we pay to go, but you have to qualify at a regional competition. the only reason we have to pay personally is because states do not recognize cheerleading as a sport. therefore, the squads school cannot give them any money toward nationals since it is a competition out of the state.

OK. That's all I wanted to point out. You pay to go and not all squads in the nation attend. The title national champs is something that UCA, the sponsors of the competition, came up with themselves. But glad you guys won.
another point i want to make is that UCA and NCA nationals are sponsored by national brands and national stations such as ESPN for UCA and Fox for NCA.

they are deamed the Major national championships recognized by all organizations. Most of the smaller organizations were created by NCA and UCA such as USA cheer and Americheer.

UCA is the competition that was covered on True Life: I am a Cheerleader, featuring Paul Lawrence Dunbar. This is the competition pikeville won in the small varsity division. Just wanted to point that out as well. Just so those who dont know much about cheerleading will know that this wasnt a joke competition. we competed against squads from texas, new jersey, california, and even hawaii among other states.
I have been reading all the comments on the Johnson Central High School Coach, Miss Sturgill, and the more I know about this person, the more I think it is time that this cheerleading squad needs a new coach! The following information I know to be true. One of Sturgill's "Black Squad" cheer moms confronted her at the Central vs. Prestonsburg game because her daughter along with several other girls were made to sit out on the sideline so that she could put in her competition squad cheerleaders. In her words, it was so that they could get practice in front of a crowd before District Tournament games. This is because she is making the regular school squad sit out so that she can have an unfair advantage over the other high school squads competing for the cheerleading trophy. The look of embarassment and shame was very obvious on the faces of these cheerleaders. The choice to do this, I think was very unfair. These cheerleaders have cheered their team on the whole season only to be told that they are being replaced during tournament time. Miss Sturgill says that the competition squad is her top priority and I believe this especially when I found out that she held a Christmas Party for the competition squad and told these girls specifically that any girl on her black squad was not to be invited! When confronted with why she would do something so hurtful and cruel, she replied that she didn't have time for the black squad. There were only 4 girls from the black squad that aren't on the competition squad, so she was asked why she couldn't just include them in the party. She never gave a reasonable answer, just that she didn't have time to do them a party. I feel like any person that is involved in coaching girls or boys should have to be a parent so that they know these natural insticts about caring for and protecting the best interests of ALL children involved. Miss Sturgill had never been married let alone have any children. Anyone who can be hurtful to a child, there is something seriously wrong with them. Please let me know what you think about the fairness of this coach. Should she stay or should she go?
"Triple Threat" Wrote:OK. That's all I wanted to point out. You pay to go and not all squads in the nation attend. The title national champs is something that UCA, the sponsors of the competition, came up with themselves. But glad you guys won.
You pointed out that they DO have to pay. OK, so what? Didn't they earn that right to pay to attend this competition by WINNING at the STATE level? As Pvill pointed out, they HAVE to pay to attend the competition because it is out of state. Any other squad that wanted to attend could but if they earned it, but if they are from KY they too have to PAY to attend. So what is wrong with having to pay if they EARN the right to be there by winning state?

Another thing...you said that they compete in the small division. Why do you think that this is? Could it be because pikeville is a SMALL school and they compete where they believe they should, with other SMALL schools?? And Pvill also pointed out that Pikeville not only wins Small Varsity at State lever, but they too win OVERALL at state level meaning they are the BEST IN THE STATE! Against ALL schools. Some schools choose not to compete for these titles so you can say that whoever wins state isn't the real champ because htye didn't beat everyone. But then again, it could be that these squads knew they wern't good enough and decided no to compete.

If ANY squad in this region wants to drop down in size and compete with Pikeville, they can do it whenever they want. But last I saw, Pikeville has been in the same division, and noone has threated them if they do come into the same division :thumb:
This was getting good....ttt
Let's throw a curve ball out there... Wouldn't it be great if UCA and NCA were to have a semi-final after regionals and let the top 10 squads from the semi's have their trips paid to the finals... LORD knows they make more than enough off htese girls to do at least that much !!! Then you'd cut through all the bull dung and have only the best squads competing.
Here's another thing... what about all these MONEY PIT COMPETITIONS THAT MEAN NOTHING EXCEPT YOUR SQUAD HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO GO TO NEW YORK, VEGAS, GATLINBURG, CHICAGO.... why would anyone on the Varsity level want to take their squad to something like this???
Maybe this would make an excellant new thread........
"Beef" Wrote:You pointed out that they DO have to pay. OK, so what? Didn't they earn that right to pay to attend this competition by WINNING at the STATE level? As Pvill pointed out, they HAVE to pay to attend the competition because it is out of state. Any other squad that wanted to attend could but if they earned it, but if they are from KY they too have to PAY to attend. So what is wrong with having to pay if they EARN the right to be there by winning state?

Another thing...you said that they compete in the small division. Why do you think that this is? Could it be because pikeville is a SMALL school and they compete where they believe they should, with other SMALL schools?? And Pvill also pointed out that Pikeville not only wins Small Varsity at State lever, but they too win OVERALL at state level meaning they are the BEST IN THE STATE! Against ALL schools. Some schools choose not to compete for these titles so you can say that whoever wins state isn't the real champ because htye didn't beat everyone. But then again, it could be that these squads knew they wern't good enough and decided no to compete.

If ANY squad in this region wants to drop down in size and compete with Pikeville, they can do it whenever they want. But last I saw, Pikeville has been in the same division, and noone has threated them if they do come into the same division :thumb:

Pikeville is competing in the Medium Division and has for a couple of years Beef.
Just to add a side note about SF getting shut out of the in game competition. The squad at least is in one of the 3 spots. They were told to be in uniform and be there at 7 tonight. I'll keep you posted!
Someone informed them their score is similar to Hazard's last year. The girls and Mrs. Isaac are very excited! I'll keep you posted!:phone:
SF scored very high last year as well. I hope so much they place higher this year! Sounds like SF is getting it's proverbial "act together". I know they understand in order to be the best, they must beat the best and in order to beat the best, they must worker harder than the best! Way to go SF!
Just spoke with SF squad and they won the in-game competition. Keep up the good work.
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:Pikeville is competing in the Medium Division and has for a couple of years Beef.

good thing i have cheered for pikeville and now my sister cheers for pikeville and this is the first year they have gone in the medium division AT KAPOS in many, many years. get your facts straight

the reason we go in the small varsity division at nationals is because if anyone recalls there are only 350 ppl who attend pikeville high school. some of the squads we compete against have 5,000-6,000 people in their high school. just wanted to point that out.
too bad SF decided not to compete in the All A cheerleading competition. guess they will just have to settle for the in game trophy.
I am pretty sure they are still in the competition. Just spoke w/ someone pretty close to the squad and they are in it. I just wish I could be there. SF also gets recognized tomorrow at the competition for winning tonight.

Best of luck to all mountain squads!:Cheerlead
I am attending Class A state tomorrow and i will take pictures of our area squads and post them. I will also post the results. see ya tomorrow!!
I was told earlier that SF was grouped w/ Hazard. I don't know if that is still the case or not.
"halfstep" Wrote:JUST FOR EVERYONE'S INFO!!! :Cheerlead

KAPOS

<HR style="COLOR: #e1e4f2" SIZE=1>

Okay... tonight was the meeting to declare.

Small-SVHS
JCHS
P-burg
Med- South Floyd
Pikeville (Maroon)
Lg.- MCHS
Belfry (varsity)
BLHS
Pike CCHS
SCHS
Traditional- Pikeville (white)
Co-ed- Belfry

Paintsville didn't show. ERHS didn't show and they cheered last year. I would have liked to have seen ACHS and Phelps.... LCHS doesn't have much and that's bizarre since their ms won nationals 2 years ago!!!
:Cheerlead

Well, how's that for knowing some much Eagle Eye?

ERHS isn't going. They look better this year than they have EVER, but something happened and they aren't going.
Oh well....I would love for Lakan Looney to have thrown that full for everyone. It looks great!
But before anyone says anything.....it isn't that the girls don't think they're good enough....it comes down to a new coach, it seems that she may be rooting for Belfry :redboxer: or at least she was at the ballgame when ER played Belfry at Belfry. All dressed in her proud RED tshirt, rooting against the school she teaches at and coaches for....whats that say for character? Hmmmm.

GOOD LUCK to all girls at KAPOS!! This is your time to shine....:mad:
One more thing about Pikeville Cheerleaders....they are awesome! No, they don't look like a National Winning Squad at all ballgames, but they 'bring it' when it counts! AND they're one of the nicest, most polite and respectable squads that I've seen ER cheer against! There are a lot of squads in this area that could learn a lot from Pikeville cheerleaders....and not just how to do great floor cheers.....but also how to treat a visiting squad. There is not a rude one on the team....or at least not on the floor!!
And that my friends shows a great squad with great class!!
&quot;Triple Threat&quot; Wrote:UMM..Yeah...that's the reason....Rolleyes

No, she's right. That is the reason. Hard to win the All A's competition if you're not there because your basketball team got wiped out in the first round at regionals.
&quot;ridgewarrior&quot; Wrote:One more thing about Pikeville Cheerleaders....they are awesome! No, they don't look like a National Winning Squad at all ballgames, but they 'bring it' when it counts! AND they're one of the nicest, most polite and respectable squads that I've seen ER cheer against! There are a lot of squads in this area that could learn a lot from Pikeville cheerleaders....and not just how to do great floor cheers.....but also how to treat a visiting squad. There is not a rude one on the team....or at least not on the floor!!
And that my friends shows a great squad with great class!!

thank you very much. i really do appreciate the support. i have been catching crap for the past few weeks for trying to support my girls. Its good to have some back up
Sf
&quot;PvilleCheerAlum&quot; Wrote:good thing i have cheered for pikeville and now my sister cheers for pikeville and this is the first year they have gone in the medium division AT KAPOS in many, many years. get your facts straight

I did have my facts straight! You may need to check yours before trying to call another poster out. Pikeville competed in 2 1/2 medium last year. If you need to refresh your memory, please go to the KAPOS link below and check for yourself.

http://kapos.org/index.php?id=391
And just so everyone can quit running their mouth, South floyd did not compete in the cheerleading competition this morning. They competed in the in game competition only. these are two seperate competitions.
sf is the best in the 15th and they have proved it in the last year
Pikeville hands down...