Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville 27 Kentucky 13
final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Very sloppy game for Kentucky. But these boys showed a lot of fight in the closing minutes. Especially keeping Louisville from getting any style points. Overall this was a good game for Kentucky
Kentucky D played well enough to win this game. The bright spots in this game were all pretty much Coach Stoop recruits! It's hard for me to believe that Patrick Towels is far behind the two QB's that played today.
I had a suspicion Lville bad schedule was making them look much better than they are.

There is NO WAY they play for a title. I dont care if they go undefeated.
I only got to watch the first half today but I thought we had a great game plan and executed it to perfection. From watching the Western game where I thought we were out coached and outplayed. Today was a whole lot less painful to watch, but still painful with no playmakers to help and the two quarterbacks system. Defense looked much better.
Max Smith played a great game until he got hurt. Drops by the reviewers were a killer.

Unforced turnovers as well. 2nd and five inside the 20 and you panic and throw into double coverage. Good god I was screaming NO before he threw it.

The defense did play well enough to win today. Drops and turnovers left at least 3tds on the field.

My biggest disappointment is the UK fans. They were into it for the first half. As soon as UK hot behind they sit on there hands or leave. Pitiful!

Teams feed of if the energy in a stadium. Help these guys put why they grow up.
Blake McClain is a player.
Teddy Bridgewater can kiss his Heisman hopes goodbye after today..... Yes, Loserville did win. And yes, Loserville will probably go undefeated this season.... And yes, Loserville will win their conference and play in a BCS game.

But, Loserville plays only 1 SEC team (UK)... No Big 12, No Big 10, No ACC & No Pac 12 teaam. And No ranked teams as of now in the season.

Ohio - MAC
EKU - Ohio Valley
UK - SEC
FIU - Conf. USA
And 8 teams in the AAC.

The only game that Bridgewater has this season against a 'Power Conference' team is UK. And yes, he had some good numbers today.....
16/28 passing for 250 yds. 1 TD and 0 Int.'s
6 rushes for 35 yds.

But are those really Heisman trophy winning numbers....
I was at this game, UK had a chance to make this a game and blew it. The players play very hard and until the final whistle for Stoops. That is very encouraging.
^^^^^^^
Are the voters really gonna give Bridgewater the Heisman trophy for throwing for 300+ yds. on teams like...
Florida International
Eastern Kentucky
Ohio
Temple
South Florida
Memphis
FBALL Wrote:Max Smith played a great game until he got hurt. Drops by the reviewers were a killer.

Unforced turnovers as well. 2nd and five inside the 20 and you panic and throw into double coverage. Good god I was screaming NO before he threw it.

The defense did play well enough to win today. Drops and turnovers left at least 3tds on the field.

My biggest disappointment is the UK fans. They were into it for the first half. As soon as UK hot behind they sit on there hands or leave. Pitiful!

When you have a been a Kentucky football fan long enough you just know we are gong to find away to lose. This is Stoops biggest obstacle IMO. What happened to Smith, I did not get to watch the second half. Thanks.
Whitlow is a horrible QB.
Talk about a momentum killer when Smith is doing great and you put in Whitlow to run a freaking wildcat play where he fumbles the first time he touches the ball.
Im sick of seeing the back and forth between QB's.
Just put the kid at WR already.
insideinfo Wrote:When you have a been a Kentucky football fan long enough you just know we are gong to find away to lose. This is Stoops biggest obstacle IMO.

I've been a UK fan since birth. And that's been a while.

That find a way to lose thing is BS. Little Loserville punk sitting beside me at the game said the same thing.

I told him 5 years ago thes script was flipped.

He kept saying if Loserville didn't win by at least 21 it was like a loss. I kept telling him prepare to lose.

Same little punk also offered me a drink of whiskey to make me feel better about my team. I told him I feel fine about my team. We are much improved from last season and only going to get better and better. Also I feel great because we probably just cost Loserville any shot at a BCS title game and no way Bridgewater wins a heisman.

It's good to be a wildcat.

And only going to get better.
FBALL Wrote:I've been a UK fan since birth. And that's been a while.

That find a way to lose thing is BS. Little Loserville punk sitting beside me at the game said the same thing.

He kept saying if Loserville didn't win by at least 21 it was like a loss. I kept telling him prepare to lose.

Same little punk also offered me a drink of whiskey to make me feel better about my team. I told him I feel fine about my team. We are much improved from last season and only going to get better and better. Also I feel great because we probably just cost Loserville any shot at a BCS title game and no way Bridgewater wins a heisman.

After I left CWS in 2011 and watching the game on t.v. in 2012.... I felt like UK's season was over with after the Loserville game.......

But not today, walking to my vehicle from CWS... the Loserville fans know their team isn't that good and they had some things go their way. This UK team WILL get better and they WILL win some more games. I'm saying at least 3-4 more games.

If the Joker was coaching this team.... Loserville would have beat us by 50+ points today. A loss is a loss, by 1 or by 100. I don't believe in moral victories. But today showed me their is life in this UK program. A nation has awakened.... We will be competitive in the SEC. And we will be ranked and play in a bowl next season.
FBALL Wrote:I've been a UK fan since birth. And that's been a while.

Now if you and Pulp can get the the other 70,000 To be believers we will have something.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:After I left CWS in 2011 and watching the game on t.v. in 2012.... I felt like UK's season was over with after the Loserville game.......

But not today, walking to my vehicle from CWS... the Loserville fans know their team isn't that good and they had some things go their way. This UK team WILL get better and they WILL win some more games. I'm saying at least 3-4 more games.

If the Joker was coaching this team.... Loserville would have beat us by 50+ points today. A loss is a loss, by 1 or by 100. I don't believe in moral victories. But today showed me their is life in this UK program. A nation has awakened.... We will be competitive in the SEC. And we will be ranked and play in a bowl next season.
I have been a U K fan probably longer than you and FBALL but I'm also a realist , we are t least two more seasons before we are competitive with SEC teams. There is absolutely no upper class talent there right now.
One other observation that is really obvious. Kentucky needs a big back that can run between the tackles and get that one or two yards on third and short.

Kemp needs to play more. But it will be nice to have some big powerful backs when Williams and Horton and Heard come in next year.
insideinfo Wrote:Now if you and Pulp can get the the other 70,000 To be believers we will have something.

After today.... this team gave the #BBN reason to believe.

Stoops is still dealing with the ghost of Joker Phillips. Give Stoops 2-3 recruiting classes to get the players he needs for his system and UK will be a 'Bully' in the SEC.
FBALL Wrote:One other observation that is really obvious. Kentucky needs a big back that can run between the tackles and get that one or two yards on third and short.

Kemp needs to play more. But it will be nice to have some big powerful backs when Williams and Horton and Heard come in next year.

All those second down and short and we end up punting was killer the first half .
insideinfo Wrote:All those second down and short and we end up punting was killer the first half .

Don't remind me.
I agree with FBALL, we need a powerful back.
An Eddie Lacy type player if you will. Weve looked really small in the backfield for years now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitlow is a horrible QB.
Talk about a momentum killer when Smith is doing great and you put in Whitlow to run a freaking wildcat play where he fumbles the first time he touches the ball.

It is hard for me to believe that Pat Towles is that far behind either Smith or Whitlow! I agree 100%, Whitlow is a good football player, but he is not a QB. I like a lot of things about Max Smiths game but I think he was threw into the fire too soon by Joker and he is now damaged goods. I would like to see Towles get his chance in a game! Smith can't take the hits and seems to get rattle after he gets hit. Whitlow never seems calm! I think Towles is a better runner than Smith and a better passer than Whitlow. I don't see Towles sticking around if he doesn't get chance to compete for the job and it's not like Smith and Whitlow are burning it up. Towles may be one of those guys that performs better game day than in practice.
honestjchsfan Wrote:It is hard for me to believe that Pat Towles is that far behind either Smith or Whitlow! I agree 100%, Whitlow is a good football player, but he is not a QB. I like a lot of things about Max Smiths game but I think he was threw into the fire too soon by Joker and he is now damaged goods. I would like to see Towles get his chance in a game! Smith can't take the hits and seems to get rattle after he gets hit. Whitlow never seems calm! I think Towles is a better runner than Smith and a better passer than Whitlow. I don't see Towles sticking around if he doesn't get chance to compete for the job and it's not like Smith and Whitlow are burning it up. Towles may be one of those guys that performs better game day than in practice.

The scary thing about Towles is he did not win the job in the summer and THE JOKE recruited him.
So....

Is Louisville overrated?

Or

Is Kentucky getting better?

I believe it's a little of both
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree its a little of both.

I like the direction UK is heading. With their schedule its not going to show up in the win column alot this year but I think they will have a chance at every game except Alabama and at South Carolina.

Loserville has a good team but not a national championship kind of team. Not even close. They may very well be undefeated in the regular season but after yesterday any - loss SEC or PAC 10 team gets the nod over them.
I see nothing but positive things around the UK football program since Stoops has been here! Good to see our guys get better every week!
FBALL Wrote:Max Smith played a great game until he got hurt. Drops by the reviewers were a killer.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitlow is a horrible QB.

I'm not sure what game you two were watching, but Max Smith missed on just as many passes (maybe more) than passes we had dropped by receivers. Including what could have been a pick six on his first or second pass attempt if Montgomery didn't make the transition to DB and rip it away from the Corner. I'm not arguing the fumble by Whitlow, you must protect the ball at all times. Whitlow is dangerous as a read option type QB or as a Wildcat package type guy. I think he should get 10-15 touches a game, but from a variety of places (QB and WR). But more importantly than that, there wasn't a 2nd and short or 3rd and short that our backs didn't get hit 2-3 yards deep in the backfield. O-line is missing assignments or just getting whipped. I knew that would be our biggest weakness but as of right now we don't have a Sun Belt quality O-line. After breaking down the film this morning of the game it was poor play all around by the offense from QB missing receivers, RB's running uninspired, WR's dropping balls and O-line missing assignments.

The Good- defensive schemes switching from 4-3 and shutting down the run to going to a 3-4 and getting after bridgewater on expected passing downs was very effective. D-line looked much better, LB play was improved as well as DB play (but still worries me).

The young guys are impressing with every opportunity they get and should be big time playmakers during their career.
I'm happy the Cats "nutted" up and proved they're no pushover. Stoops troops are buying into their coaches.

So we need to find receivers who can catch and a QB...no worries!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Smith's worst miss was the early overthrow to Timmons that would have been a TD on the seam route.

The one that was nearly picked was on Montgomery. He should have broke it up. Smith read Blitz off of the left side and threw a quick slant. The receiver didn't make the proper adjustment.

That's the way I saw it.

Smith made the right read time after time. He doesn't have the best arm strength but he does direct the offense well and most of the time throw it to the right guy. There were at least 5 drops of easy catches that were on the receivers. I think those drops cost them 2 TDs.

Smith was really good IMO. You saw a red zone turnover as soon as he went out. I guarantee Smith doesn't heave that ball into double coverage on 2nd and 5 in the red zone.
FBALL Wrote:Smith's worst miss was the early overthrow to Timmons that would have been a TD on the seam route.

The one that was nearly picked was on Montgomery. He should have broke it up. Smith read Blitz off of the left side and threw a quick slant. The receiver didn't make the proper adjustment.

That's the way I saw it.

Smith made the right read time after time. He doesn't have the best arm strength but he does direct the offense well and most of the time throw it to the right guy. There were at least 5 drops of easy catches that were on the receivers. I think those drops cost them 2 TDs.

Smith was really good IMO. You saw a red zone turnover as soon as he went out. I guarantee Smith doesn't heave that ball into double coverage on 2nd and 5 in the red zone.

You are correct with Smith's worst miss being the seam route that should have been a TD. However the slant you are referring to was just another should have been interception that I didn't mention. I was referring to the stop route by the wideout and smith just lofted it out to the sideline and the corner didn't even really have to break on the ball because Smith didn't put anything on it. If you are throwing across the field to the sideline like that (Out, Stop, Hitch, Comeback) whatever it may be you have to put some velocity on the ball. And as bad as the missed possible TD to Timmons was, the multiple misses on 3rd downs kills a team. It wasn't all Max's fault as i said earlier it was poor offensive performance. However, we got to be able to give receivers a chance to catch the ball on 3rd down(even if they are likely to drop it).