Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western Kentucky 35 - Kentucky 26
Final.

Better Luck next week Cats, against Miami OH.
Pretty big choke by UK's kicker. They probably wouldn't have won even if he made that extra point, but at least they would have had a shot.
baller4lyfe Wrote:Pretty big choke by UK's kicker. They probably wouldn't have won even if he made that extra point, but at least they would have had a shot.

Looks like those kickers need to stay off twitter and practice a little more.
Honeymoon is over. I'm not giving up on stoops but this was a rough one to watch
All in all I'm not totally disappointed. WKU is just a more talented better team. Willie Taggert really built a foundation there.

I love Stoops energy on the sideline. The current players need to match that.

Max Smith needs to start.

Biggest disappointment is the defensive line. They got gashed.
Guys before it gets out of hand and I know it will.

Bobby Petrino took over a Western Kentucky team that went bowling last season while Kentucky sat at home.

Mark Stoops took over a Kentucky team that had 10+ losses in each of the last two seasons and was left with some Joker type players...

This team will be fine as the season goes on. This is just one game.

Next season should be way better...Give Stoops time. It didn't take Rome one day to build the roman empire.
Over/Under 20 posts before RIUTG is in with his Petrino bs.
Under
He just does not have the players on this team to win. And I agree with starting Smith and get whitlow on the field at WR/RB
some one please give a quick recap,i sure thought the cats would win this one,i was at Arkansas State game which wasnt a game,will see what they really got next against there Ole coach Gus...
cuppett777 Wrote:some one please give a quick recap,i sure thought the cats would win this one,i was at Arkansas State game which wasnt a game,will see what they really got next against there Ole coach Gus...

FBALL said it in an earlier post...Kentucky's defense got stomped..
Btw agree 100% Smith needs to start.
It would be great if UK could do like LSU did with a 2 QB system and always keep teams on their heels. However, in the real world of UK football that is not gonna happen.
Rump and Cobble got ran over! Did anyone else see Cobble get PANCAKED during the WKU touchdown run? I am sick of watching Cobble and Rump limp off field! I hope to see some of the younger D-linemen playing soon. I wouldn't be shocked if Stoops moves Bud Dupree back to LB. It will take Stoops an his staff a while to figure out who can play and who can't. Max Smith looked good at QB.
Only thing I'm surprised about is the just how soft the defensive line was. All spring and camp we heard about how good that group was going to be. Tonight, they got manhandled all over the field. WKU backs had HUGE holes to run through.

Anyone who has kept up with this team this off-season knew that the secondary was going to be bad, and they where, but those are freshman and a JUCO guy out there against actual D1 players for the first time. Defense missed a TON of tackles tonight also. But that's something that is correctable. May not happen in a week or two weeks, but it's something that can be fixed during the season.

Offensively - Whitlow is not the quarterback we where looking for. Smith is the guy that needs to be running this offense. Using Whitlow as a wildcat formation guy is a good idea, but he can't operate that offense as well as Smith can.

As for the offensive line, they where hit or miss. They did well at times, but struggled with what the WKU defense threw at them at times too, plus the false start penalties were killers.

WKU is really good. Petrino can flat out coach and you could tell that he really wanted this game and that he'd been game planning for this one for quite sometime. His players where much more ready than UK's.

Western also had way more talent than UK. Don't know of one player on UK's roster that could start over someone on WKU's. And that falls on Joker and the previous staff. Brooks left Joker with a foundation to build on and Joker couldn't do anything with it. He was in over his head.

Stoops and company can do something here at UK. They have a laid out plan and it'll probably be a few seasons before UK can actually compete with the likes of South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, etc.

BBN just needs to be patient and realize that you can't flip a 2-10 team to a 5 or 6 win team in a conference like the SEC in just 9 months.
I knew we would struggle this year, but I thought it would be on offense. I really thought the defense would hold there own. But man the dline was really bad. Would like to see stats on how many missed tackles, and how many time they got blown out of thier gaps.

I agree smith should be starting at Qb. Game flow just looked better with him in there. Whitlock should be playing wr or use him something like Cobb was used.

I still think given time stoops will turn things around. Just have to have a little patients.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Over/Under 20 posts before RIUTG is in with his Petrino bs.

He is either busy planning the greatest I told you so post ever or he is so upset with Whitley County that he don't even care. :HitWall:
I would say it's the latter of the tow if you ask me.
A preemptive rebuttal for the forementioned "I told you so".

Scumbag stepped into a loaded team that Taggert built up. Stoops stepped into a pile that has to be cleaned up first.
PETRINO!!!

Its not even comparable.
Petrino outcoached outmanned and outsmarted the door stoop all night.

You can yell WKY had good players left over and that Petrino inherited a bowl team but i call garbage. ITS WESTERN FRICKEN KENTUCKY and PETRINO made it look easy.

We should of hired this guy, and some of you know it but will never admit it.
He just embarrassed us last night. Have fun with another year in the gutter because it will be atleast 4 or 5 years before we get a winning season.
You take these coaches and switch them, Petrino destroys WKU with UK's team.

Emergency Room Afternoon for the Cats all year long.

P.S. Im sorry some of you couldnt use your much anticipated lines of how Petrino sucked if UK won, but lets be honest, you knew they werent.

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
Whitlow actually looked much improved. Had some nice runs in the first half. The running backs for WKU were impressive. Anyways I say UK wins next week I saw Miami get blown out by Marshall so I say UK by 2 td's
Under wins.

Anybody really think that game was all about coaching last night needs to have their head checked.

Gut obviously still has a man crush on scumbag. If you want to complain about not hiring someone it would be Wiillie freakin Taggert.

Stoops has done a great job and as the recruits come in it will improve.
Guts been waiting since WKU hired scumbag for this.
Back to the game. Blake McLain really stuck out to me as a kid that is going to be an outstanding player.

When you have a secondary full of true freshmen and Jucos you are going to take some lumps.

The defensive line is what really disappointed me.
OK, the Football season is over, bring on the Basketball team.....:eyeroll:
FBALL Wrote:Guts been waiting since WKU hired scumbag for this.

Gut can't like Petrino, he is a god fearing Christian and should never approve or like someone as evil as Petrino.
I'm guessing since they beat us last year Willie taggert is a coaching guru?

They clearly had better players and our defensive is a joke. There afraid to hit.

There pair of Andrews players are better than any player we have.
It's all about recruiting.
Wonder how Jason Hatcher feels about going to UK now? Wonder why he didn't get any pt last night?
Remember- Kentucky was favored in Vegas.
I can't say I'm disappointed in the play of the team. The defense wasn't good at all to start, but they got better throughout the game.

Maxwell Smith will start next Saturday no doubt. When he came in, he did way better than Whitlow did. In fact, if Smith would've started we might have won.

The offense I liked though. Different from Joker's play for sure.

Just one game though guys. It'll take time on this team. With the recruits coming in throughout the next couple years we are building something. (Timmons, Kemp and Za'Darius were all impressive last night IMO)

Let's still fill CWS for Stoops, because the last thing we want is the players to be like they were last year and give up all hope.
[Image:

]