Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris @ Shelby Valley (Pike Co Bowl) Aug. 30
Any thoughts or predictions?
I haven't seen Paris play this year, but all reports I have about Valley say you guys are pretty good this year. I figure your size and strength will wear them down.
Didn't these guys hook up in this bowl in 98 or 99(Or played each other in those years?) with Paris winning, 66-0 with a running clock.

I know that has nothing to do with this game, I was just wondering because I am sure I have watched them play against each other before.
It was 01-02 season, Paris had a couple of stud that year. That game was played at Pike Central.

Shelby Valley is a young improve team, should be a good game
Shelby Valley is very solid in the area of skill kids. They are also strong on the defensive side this year as compared to the last few years. This will be a game to see whether SV has improved or if they are still a year away. They start no seniors on defense and just 3 on offense, none of which are skill kids. Shelby Valley has not had this kind of speed in several years and they will all be back for 2-3 more years.
The Hounds are going to bring it and take it.
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:It was 01-02 season, Paris had a couple of stud that year. That game was played at Pike Central.

Shelby Valley is a young improve team, should be a good game

Yeah, that was the last really good team Paris had IMO. The great Randy Reese was the head catch then and they had a qb by the name of Odell Cosby that actually got some looks by several D1 schools including UK. They also had a freshman receiver by the name of Michael Young on that team that later got D1 interest. They were knocked out of the playoffs that year by a really good Beechwood team.
valley will be better but i dont see them having a great season. i remember bout two years when they were suppose to be awesome and came to pikeville and got beat by 50. not trying to rain on any parades. they will be improved and will be a decent team that gets beat in 1st round of playoffs. who is in their district????
I believe Paris will come in a take this game from the Wildcats.
Paris 34
Valley 18
Always list the date. Paris takes this one. 27-14
Shelby Valley by a couple of TD's. Paris maybe 1-0 on the season but lets face it they beat a very bad Bath Co. team in week 1 by 11 points that isn't exactly a sign that Paris has turned the corner into stardom.
I will be in Pikeville attending the games at Belfry and Pikeville, any chance I can get update from the games at Shelby Valley sent to me?

740-644-5055
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I will be in Pikeville attending the games at Belfry and Pikeville, any chance I can get update from the games at Shelby Valley sent to me?

740-644-5055

sure can
sportsguru4u Wrote:Shelby Valley by a couple of TD's. Paris maybe 1-0 on the season but lets face it they beat a very bad Bath Co. team in week 1 by 11 points that isn't exactly a sign that Paris has turned the corner into stardom.

With all due respect though what do we have to say the same about SV?

The Wildcats were 3-8 last year with their 3 wins coming over very bad teams in Magoffin, East Ridge, and South Floyd who all finished with losing records going a combined 10-23 with no wins over a single team holding a winning record of their own.

Shelby Valley has subsequently scrimmaged a pair of very weak teams thusfar.
Westside Wrote:Yeah, that was the last really good team Paris had IMO. The great Randy Reese was the head catch then and they had a qb by the name of Odell Cosby that actually got some looks by several D1 schools including UK. They also had a freshman receiver by the name of Michael Young on that team that later got D1 interest. They were knocked out of the playoffs that year by a really good Beechwood team.

I played against that Paris team when I was a sophomore at Raceland. That was the last time Paris beat Raceland and they only won by two points and they then went on to win the district. Cosby was a gunslinger for sure. He could launch it from sideline to side line 40 yards down field. That team also had two really good running backs also. I've always wondered what happened to Paris because they used to be a very tough team.
Clintwood is very weak? Really?
Clintwood is pretty good for Virginia standards.
Real Badman Wrote:Clintwood is pretty good for Virginia standards.

Valley will be much improve this year. I guess there going to have to prove their self. Also Clintwood is a very good football team

:Thumbs:
Clintwood VA would beat Bath Co by 3 TD's without a doubt.
How did Shelby Valley look against Clintwood?
Shelby valley 28 Paris 12 :closed:
It wasn't a true game, they went 30 plays each and then played one half with the chains. Clintwood scored once in the 30 plays, SV scored once but it was called back. When the chains were brought out Clintwood beat SV 14-12. If you get the chance attend a Clintwood game if you want a great football experience. The entire town walks to the field dressed in the hometown colors to cheer on their boys. Sort of an old school mentality. They also have a great field(grass). The fans are very hospitable and love talking football.
I remember the first Paris game, first game of my sophomore year, first game I ever started, they were real quick!
I will take the young Sv team by 6.
Sv 20 Paris 14