Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Fairview (Scrimmage)
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Here I try to warn you guys from Johnson Central(you happy now) that there's a chance that you're going to get left high and dry by the Fairview fighting chickens and all you want to do is blast me. Keep this in mind when they tell you that they're no longer interested in scrimmaging your team. That call should come in today from what I'm told.

And why, pray tell, would that be of any concern to you if they did?
Why would JC schedule this scrimmage? What are they going to get out of it? JC should win this scrimmage easily.
sstack Wrote:Why would JC schedule this scrimmage? What are they going to get out of it? JC should win this scrimmage easily.

It... Is... A... Scrimmage....
Because nobody else Around here will play Johnson central . Bad that a 1 a team will step up to the plate . If all these local schools were smart they would be trying to play jchs and belfry jv games once a week to try and get better .
Fairview will be a good team for JC to scrimmage. They are a very good 1A team, and may very well play JC tougher than Cabell Midland did.
If this was a real game....

Fairview would be able to keep it close the first half, maybe even late in to the 3rd quarter. I don't see them stopping JC's run game. But JC's depth would be (IMO) be too much for a 1A team. JC's "Gound 'N Pound" style offense wears team's down.... and when you have to use the same players on offense & defense, players will wear down. And that's not a knock on any teams or players, but football is a numbers game. Depth will win games. Even if the starters get a rest for a couple of plays per series, that will make a difference. JC would win.

I think this is will be a good test for both teams. I would guess that both teams will play their starters in the first half and play the JV and Freshmen the 2nd half. The first half should give both teams an idea of where they are at. If both teams plays their full complement of starters, it should be a great test to see if Fairview can score on JC; to see if JC can stop Fairview and vise versa.
Great scrimmage for JC. I just don't see Fairview being able to withstand JC's ground and pound style offense. A couple early scores from JC will put them up and keep them up the entire game. A side note though. I don't know how many players JC has this year but they usually don't dress much more than 50-55 players. WSAZ reported Fairview has over 70 players out this year.
Matman Wrote:Great scrimmage for JC. I just don't see Fairview being able to withstand JC's ground and pound style offense. A couple early scores from JC will put them up and keep them up the entire game. A side note though. I don't know how many players JC has this year but they usually don't dress much more than 50-55 players. WSAZ reported Fairview has over 70 players out this year.

70 players.... that's a big 1A team.

I'd say very few 4A & 5A and even some 6A teams have that many players.
Raceland fielded around 60 player. I dont think many 3-6A teams dress freshman though. Raceland has a big freshman class and i believe Fairview dressed alot of frosh last year. Either way, seeing 60-70 kids standing across the field, for most single A schools is pretty impressive. Especially with the size that these 2 single A clubs have.
But don't you all know that this game (according to the NotsoBADCAT's illegitimate son, a.k.a.Tomcat Pride) is not going to be played.
Is this still going to happen??
Matman Wrote:Great scrimmage for JC. I just don't see Fairview being able to withstand JC's ground and pound style offense. A couple early scores from JC will put them up and keep them up the entire game. A side note though. I don't know how many players JC has this year but they usually don't dress much more than 50-55 players. WSAZ reported Fairview has over 70 players out this year.

That's what happens when you consolidate with WV 3A Huntington High.
Getting ready to kick off
Fairview turnover on dwns centrals first play TD pass
Fairview picked off
No game to this central 2 offensive plays 2 TDs
Fairview fumble
6:42 remaining in first central 21-0
4 mins to go in first central 28 Fairview 0
End of first central 35-0
Does anybody no final?
47-6
JC at the half
Wow. I know its a scrimmage. But I am suprised at that. Sounds like Fairview needs work with ball control(much like Raceland from last year). Nce to see them open it up and throw though. Those wrinkles are needed deep in the playoffs. Props to Nate and Gary for getting a scrimmage to see where they stand and whats needed to be worked on during their open week. Raceland will not get that opportunity until week 2 at Ashland.
We would've got beaten tonight regardless , but Fairview had several 1st string starters who didnt play at all tonight including my son . This was by design not by injuries
Final??
Fairview looked Bad on run and pass deff . Jc looked a step fatster and lot stronger up front but good for both teams to get some game experience . But still fairview will be a good team .
Scrimmages dont mean anything, but....

they can still kill a teams morale when they get beat down.
I took some heat for saying this scrimmage was of little use to JC. Now you see why I said that.
sstack Wrote:I took some heat for saying this scrimmage was of little use to JC. Now you see why I said that.

JC's JV and freshmen squads got some good reps in tonight.

But for real... Fairview has a big team. Somebody posted that they have around 70 kids and I would guess that is a pretty close estimate.

Hopefully both teams didn't get any injuries tonight. Keep your head up Fairview.... use this game to get you ready for Mayfield in December.
Would like to see Fairview pick up a team like JC, Ashland, or possibly a Belfrey/or another mid/major mtn team in the Regular season. Would have loved to have seen this scrimmage. Was there a reason certain starters did not play?