Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark vs Belfry Alumni Game
Yeah, Jason Jewell broke his hip and had to get a pin put in it today. Going to hospital to see him tomorrow.
Cardinals ride Wrote:Yeah, Jason Jewell broke his hip and had to get a pin put in it today. Going to hospital to see him tomorrow.

Please let him know the Belfry alumni page has a post up asking for prayers for him and the whole Pirate nation is praying for him!
Sounds like a great night of football, just hope everyone is ok.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Please let him know the Belfry alumni page has a post up asking for prayers for him and the whole Pirate nation is praying for him!

Appreciate that, man. I will let him know.
MCDADDY Wrote:Something to keep in perspective...

Belfry's scores came on the following, a punt return for score, a fumble recovery for score, a pick six, and two short runs after two Hail Mary's on 4th and 15+ each time.

Whoever #1 was for Sheldon Clark was hitting people like they smacked his mommy. I thought he was going to hurt someone.

As for Belfry, they were what I expected. Unbelievably talented. Doug Howard was very impressive. At one time Belfry had three number 3's in the backfield in the bone. Howard was one and I think Caudill was the other. Didn't know the other but I would like to know the total number of scores that group of threes have ever scored!

I just found out who #1 was for Sheldon Clark. Former UK Lineman Grayson Smith was playing for Sheldon Clark and wearing #1 in memory of his brother-in-law Benjamin DeLong who passed away in 2007 and was an incredible talent in his own right!

Anyway, For someone 10 years or more removed from his last game action he was putting on quite the show. I really was worried he may hurt the Belfry QB if they were going to try to sit back and throw it.
I was impressed with play by both squads. It was a well played game from start to finish. Maynard was the most impressive player on the field by far. He looked like a D1 player out there. Varney and Howard really impressed me on the offensive side of the ball. The biggest shock to me was the play of Scottie Bell. He looked like he was playing middle linebacker in 2001 again. Bogar and Oliver also impressed me on D.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Thanks man. Matt was IMO one of the best athletes to walk the halls in recent years. He really blossomed after high school but his senior year was wicked. I still tell the story to anyone who will listen about him running down the Russell QB at the end of the first half in 05' to keep us in the game. I know we all like to brag on our kids, but in pads, Matt was about the fastest in a sprint I had seen - including David Jones.

Proud of all them boys from Belfry tonight. If I were a betting man, I bet Doug Howard picked up some big yards too. And as always, in EVERY year, dang good job for the men who played on the LOS.

that play where matt ran the kid down, i was getting ready to head home if he scored,may still should have because it was COLD,lol we should won that one...
anybody know why david jones didn't play?
He worked the UK camp this past weekend and his knee injury
Zudith Wrote:He worked the UK camp this past weekend and his knee injury

k, thanks
Belfry is already signing up players for another Alumni game. Gridiron Alumni is working with them to find another team to play.

I have to say this was a lot more than many expected. Great game played by some standouts from days past. I for one am eager to watch the Pirate Alum in another game! Well worth your money if you missed the first one!
long_time_pirate Wrote:Belfry is already signing up players for another Alumni game. Gridiron Alumni is working with them to find another team to play.

I have to say this was a lot more than many expected. Great game played by some standouts from days past. I for one am eager to watch the Pirate Alum in another game! Well worth your money if you missed the first one!

just wondering in the next game if ever one will come back out? reason why i ask,maybe some didnt get to play as much as they may have wanted...and will David Jones paly next time?
Hate to see anyone get hurt. This was a great idea though. I wish I would've known about the game. How did Micah Caudill do? I know a lot of the guys from Belfry and they're nothing but class.
Sc is already working on gettin another game as well. Looks like hey will end up playing LC or JC, I can't wait.
long_time_pirate Wrote:Belfry is already signing up players for another Alumni game. Gridiron Alumni is working with them to find another team to play.

I believe Pikeville is in the process of rallying the troops. This would be awesome.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I believe Pikeville is in the process of rallying the troops. This would be awesome.

Agreed. Pikeville has great tradition on the gridiron, and shouldn't have any problem fielding a team. This would be another good one to see, imo.
Talked to a few guys and excitement is high. Many of the guys love that they may get to share the field with a brother that they mever did before or with their heroes they watched growing up. Once you start to think of the possibilities it is much like a "Field of Dreams" experience fr a lot of people. Such a great event! I hope it pans out.
It's pretty awesome. Had a lot of young guys who said they remembered watching me play when they were young. Also got to play with some guys who I always wanted to play with. Plus, it was pretty cool getting to suit up with soe of those same guys again.

I can wait to do it again.