•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2013
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:With a solid fullback, and three good tailbacks if the transfer rumors are true it would seem a wishbone might be a solid option. Either that or go with a triple option attack out of the flex, with a solid dual threat qb.
better have some linemen that can block or will not make any difference what type offense that is ran
doubledown Wrote:better have some linemen that can block or will not make any difference what type offense that is ran

True that. A lot of play action passes could alleviate that problem a little bit.
doubledown Wrote:better have some linemen that can block or will not make any difference what type offense that is ran

DD you are right on with that and it killed us last year. I went back and watched film on all games last year. It was obvious we had issues engaging and finishing on both offense and defense.
Also watched all the Magoffin film I could and its apparent if McCoy stays with the same offense it will be the Franklin system offense no doubt but that's just my opinion due to the offensive personnel in the backfield and on the edge.
You can talk systems and stradegies all you want but if their is no decent line play then youve got no shot at anything. Fortunatly for Paintsville they do but the spread offense is hard to learn, esp on the line. It takes time to grow comfortable with that style of play. Alot more tech than just down blocking.
Have a little edge on another transfer coming next week if it can be confirmed. If he does comes, absolute huge pick up.
TigerBlues Wrote:Have a little edge on another transfer coming next week if it can be confirmed. If he does comes, absolute huge pick up.

TigerBlues check your pm's.
89 is spot on to quote Coach Brugh the team that blocks & tackles best usually wins.
Have to run between the tackles & tackle well to win class A football in KY.

To beat the better teams must win the battle up front
TigerBlues Wrote:Have a little edge on another transfer coming next week if it can be confirmed. If he does comes, absolute huge pick up.

Is the new staff at Paintsville taking a page out of McPeek's at Fairview's guide to success? All this transfer talk on here is absolutely crazy. Why would a kid or his parents in their right mind take their kid to play football at Paintsville? Paintsville football has been the laughing stock of North Eastern Kentucky Football for over five years now and haven't had a successful season since 2005. You're on your third Coach in three years and your latest hire has never had an above five hundred season. I will give you this though you do have the third best coach in the commonwealth on your staff in Coach Preece. He's a shade behind Coach Strong at Louisville and Coach Mueller at Highlands. If you don't believe me just ask him and he'll tell you so.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Is the new staff at Paintsville taking a page out of McPeek's at Fairview's guide to success? All this transfer talk on here is absolutely crazy. Why would a kid or his parents in their right mind take their kid to play football at Paintsville? Paintsville football has been the laughing stock of North Eastern Kentucky Football for over five years now and haven't had a successful season since 2005. You're on your third Coach in three years and your latest hire has never had an above five hundred season. I will give you this though you do have the third best coach in the commonwealth on your staff in Coach Preece. He's a shade behind Coach Strong at Louisville and Coach Mueller at Highlands. If you don't believe me just ask him and he'll tell you so.

Mcpeek is great coach kids wanna play for him so what tomcat
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Is the new staff at Paintsville taking a page out of McPeek's at Fairview's guide to success? All this transfer talk on here is absolutely crazy. Why would a kid or his parents in their right mind take their kid to play football at Paintsville? Paintsville football has been the laughing stock of North Eastern Kentucky Football for over five years now and haven't had a successful season since 2005. You're on your third Coach in three years and your latest hire has never had an above five hundred season. I will give you this though you do have the third best coach in the commonwealth on your staff in Coach Preece. He's a shade behind Coach Strong at Louisville and Coach Mueller at Highlands. If you don't believe me just ask him and he'll tell you so.

Transfers are nothing new to the Paintsville Independent Schools system. However, most of these transfers are for academic reasons. Paintsville has been among the top school systems in the state for many years. Each and every member of this year's graduating class, albeit a small group, are signed up to attend college next year. That is 100 percent. That is a strong testament to the kind of work PHS' educators and counselors are putting in to push these kids in the direction of success. Parents see this, and want this for their kids. If the kids happen to be exceptional athletes, that is great for the school in that area as well.
ForearmShiver Wrote:Transfers are nothing new to the Paintsville Independent Schools system. However, most of these transfers are for academic reasons. Paintsville has been among the top school systems in the state for many years. Each and every member of this year's graduating class, albeit a small group, are signed up to attend college next year. That is 100 percent. That is a strong testament to the kind of work PHS' educators and counselors are putting in to push these kids in the direction of success. Parents see this, and want this for their kids. If the kids happen to be exceptional athletes, that is great for the school in that area as well.

Being signed up for college.... and actually attending are two different things.

I know several people that I grew up with that went to Paintsville, and yes, they were signed up to go to college as a senior. But after graduation, they never stepped foot in the first college class room.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Being signed up for college.... and actually attending are two different things.

I know several people that I grew up with that went to Paintsville, and yes, they were signed up to go to college as a senior. But after graduation, they never stepped foot in the first college class room.

Johnson County is blessed to have two of the best school systems in the area. The County schools are consistently ahead of the peers in the area, and the city schools are consistently ranked in the top of the state. Not to bad for a bunch of dumb hicks as the folks in the cities view us. In fact Paintsville's ACT scores are almost always in the top 10 in the state, and centrals are always well ahead of most large school districts.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Being signed up for college.... and actually attending are two different things.

You are missing the entire point in an attempt to be argumentative. The point is that the education these kids received prepared them, and the couselors worked with the universities and the students, helped them to earn scholarships, and got them SIGNED UP -HENCE ACCEPTED- to the next level of their education process. What these students achieve and how they build upon the opportunities provided to them by PHS from that point forward is really up to the students and the universities. One hundred percent, study on that for a minute.
ForearmShiver Wrote:You are missing the entire point in an attempt to be argumentative. The point is that the education these kids received prepared them, and the couselors worked with the universities and the students, helped them to earn scholarships, and got them SIGNED UP -HENCE ACCEPTED- to the next level of their education process. What these students achieve and how they build upon the opportunities provided to them by PHS from that point forward is really up to the students and the universities. One hundred percent, study on that for a minute.

Signed Up - Hence Accpeted is not the same as......
Signed Up - Accepted - Attended - Graduated.

What's their resume' gonna read like...........
Accepted to Morehead State University.
No classes attended. No credit hours earned.

It took less than a minute for me to study on that one.
But for real on football....

I would like to see McCoy make strides for Paintsville.
I had McCoy as a teacher at JC and still maintain a pretty good relationship with "Goldberg". Give him time and he'll have Paintsville back to atleast a 5-5, 6-4 record. It's not about X's and O's... it's about Jimmies and Joes. Let Chester get some younger kids in the program and 'mold' them to his system and he'll be fine.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Signed Up - Hence Accpeted is not the same as......
Signed Up - Accepted - Attended - Graduated.

What's their resume' gonna read like...........
Accepted to Morehead State University.
No classes attended. No credit hours earned.

It took less than a minute for me to study on that one.

OK, there Captain Obvious. Who are you to make that prediction about young people? You still don't get it. Are you too obtuse to distinguish between preparation in high school and performance in college? You see high schools are preparatory schools. They get these kids ready and assist them in getting in to colleges and universities. After that the students are on their own to fulfill the opportunities offered to them at these institutions of higher learning. None of my posts were intended to discuss performance in college. You see, the thread is about high school. My post simply stated that PHS has an outstanding record of getting its graduates into college. For some reason, you insist upon going all Dionne Warwick and dooming these kids future before the ink on their diplomas has even dried. Why so bitter towards PHS grads dude?
ForearmShiver Wrote:OK, there Captain Obvious. Who are you to make that prediction about young people? You still don't get it. Are you too obtuse to distinguish between preparation in high school and performance in college? You see high schools are preparatory schools. They get these kids ready and assist them in getting in to colleges and universities. After that the students are on their own to fulfill the opportunities offered to them at these institutions of higher learning. None of my posts were intended to discuss performance in college. You see, the thread is about high school. My post simply stated that PHS has an outstanding record of getting its graduates into college. For some reason, you insist upon going all Dionne Warwick and dooming these kids future before the ink on their diplomas has even dried. Why so bitter towards PHS grads dude?

Nice line from The Shawshank Redemption

Any high school can sign their students up for the University of Phoenix or even DeVry Online.... and have 100% college acceptance rate.

Not bitter towards PHS grads, heck I have a 1st cousin that graduated from there in '08.... and she has never stepped foot in the first college class room.
Not only that, as I said in an earlier post, I have alot of friends that went to Paintsville and never attended college, and all I heard from them when I was younger was how awesome their academics were. And guess who graduated college first, that's right your truly, Mr. Pulp Fiction. Everytime I'd ask them why they weren't going, they always had an excuse.... "My schedule was messed up.... A class I needed wasn't offered, so I'm gonna wait til next semester.... My roommates didn't get their financial aid, and I can't pay for the room by myself."
I hope every kid in PHS and JCHS graduates college, it will be better for our area.
Do you always make every conversation about you, or just this one?
None of your comments in any way have any relevance to the context of my post. You may go away now, and share your testimony elsewhere.
ForearmShiver Wrote:Do you always make every conversation about you, or just this one?
None of your comments in any way have any relevance to the context of my post. You may go away now, and share your testimony elsewhere.

No thanks... I like this site.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Slainte Mhath!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:But for real on football....

I would like to see McCoy make strides for Paintsville.
I had McCoy as a teacher at JC and still maintain a pretty good relationship with "Goldberg". Give him time and he'll have Paintsville back to atleast a 5-5, 6-4 record. It's not about X's and O's... it's about Jimmies and Joes. Let Chester get some younger kids in the program and 'mold' them to his system and he'll be fine.

???? Wasn't he hired to mold this program now? That's the craziest statement I've seen on here. What's he going to do, lull everybody to sleep and the 5 years from now spring the trap? I thought the molding started when a head coach is hired. :lame:
You remind me of a girl I broke up with in high school except she had actually talked to me at least once hahaha! Stalk much? You're going to be pissed! 13-1 and another state title appearance since the last time you stalked me on here weirdo!
Aug 30, 13 Morgan County home 7:30 PM
Sep 6, 13 Pikeville home 7:30 PM
Sep 13, 13 Shelby Valley away 7:30 PM
Sep 27, 13 Phelps home 7:30 PM
Oct 11, 13 Fairview away 7:30 PM
Oct 25, 13 Raceland home 7:30 PM
Nov 1, 13 West Carter home 7:30 PM

Here is the schedule so far, 3 games are missing. I believe they open up with pineville, and they have nicholas county the week before raceland idk who the other team is.
Chester McCoy resigns as head football coach today due to illness in his family. Best to him and his family.
TigerBlues Wrote:Chester McCoy resigns as head football coach today due to illness in his family. Best to him and his family.

Who will take over now?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Who will take over now?

I have no idea where this direction goes moving forward
TigerBlues Wrote:Chester McCoy resigns as head football coach today due to illness in his family. Best to him and his family.

I truly hate that for Chester. He is a good coach and an even better man. I've known him for a while now and he has put a spark back in to the excitement of Paintsville football and it's shown on this thread. Best wishes to Chester and his family.
Emmit Brown Wrote:I truly hate that for Chester. He is a good coach and an even better man. I've known him for a while now and he has put a spark back in to the excitement of Paintsville football and it's shown on this thread. Best wishes to Chester and his family.

My daughter said the whole team is devastated not only about the news of the illness in his family but losing him as their coach. Emmit let him know he will be missed, but everyone has his family on their minds.
TigerBlues Wrote:My daughter said the whole team is devastated not only about the news of the illness in his family but losing him as their coach. Emmit let him know he will be missed, but everyone has his family on their minds.

Will do
I really hate this for Coach McCoy and I wish him the best. I don't know how much more our program can take. Where do we go from here?
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next