Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins 1 Anderson County 0 (9 innings)
Final

Heck of a ballgame out at Clear Creek Park. Collins advances to the championship tomorrow night.
Great Job by Dan Sanders last night. Threw 8 great innings with only one runner reaching 3rd. Had big walk-off single in the 9th.
Collins has got to start hitting and playing D if it wants to advance to the State this year.
Anderson 000 000 000 - 0 4 0
Collins 000 000 001 - 1 5 2

2B - Paul Miller ©

WP - Dan Sanders (10-0)
LP - Josh Brown

Records - Collins 28-6, Anderson County 10-19

https://www.gamechanger.io/game-519b72b0...0001/stats
The winning pitcher for Collins was actually Buddy Johnson, who pitched 1 inning in relief of Dan Sanders to improve to 3-1 on the year.
Got to say I was impressed with how Anderson finished the season. They will most likely win the 30th district next year. Collins, Shelby, Spencer losing a lot to graduation. Whoever won this district this year, I don't think would advance to the state, just not playing well enough. Right now I think North or South Oldham come out of the 8th.
The split really sucks in Shelby, one Shelby county high school probably runs away with the district and is a favorite in the region.
Shelby will win district next yr. I know they lost 3/4 hitter. But they have #1 and 2 pitchers back. Defense will be better. Outfield is only concern I see. Young guys will step up.