Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Junior High Baseball
Pikeville Junior High Baseball is off to a hot start.

Thursday night they picked up 2 wins over Letcher County Central by the scores of 5-0 and 3-2.

Friday night Pikeville played Letcher County Central again winning both of those games by the scores of 11-1 and 5-0.

Today Pikeville plays West Carter at 4 at Pikeville High School.
Junior High Baseball

Pikeville defeats West Carter 11-7 and 5-3.

They improve to 6-0 on the season.

Both games extremely competitive.

Pikeville returns to action Tuesday night traveling to Letcher Central.
Pikeville playing shorthanded yesterday due to players out of town for spring break beat Magoffin County 15-5 and 12-6.

They return to action on Thursday playing Adams at Pikeville.

First pitch will be at 5:30.
Heard they're going to be fair this year.
Pikeville is now 4-0 this year with their tightest game being a 11-7 game against West Carter.

They return to action Thursday at home against Adams.
Pikeville is 9-0 this season so far. They're playing really good right now.

They return to action tomorrow versus Russel away.
Also Pikeville's "B" team is 5-2 with losses to Letcher County and Paintsville.
Pikeville continues to roll as they are 14-0 now on the season.
They defeated East Carter Saturday 4-0, who probably the best team they have faced all year. They return to action Tuesday versus Belfry.
Pikeville is now 21-0 on the season. Great start for the panthers, even though they had two 8th graders playing varsity, and only getting to play a couple middle school games.
Pikeville ran their record to 22-0 last night with a win over East Ridge.
Pikeville's B team is now 16-3 and the future is bright for the Panthers.
Pikeville's strong season continues, picking up wins over Pike Central, Paintsville and Anderson County. Their record is 25-0.
^I know they are still in Middle School. But, once you are a Varsity Starter. You shouldn't be playing on the Middle School Team any more. No biggie. But as short handed as the Varsity is. Why take that chance of getting hurt?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:^I know they are still in Middle School. But, once you are a Varsity Starter. You shouldn't be playing on the Middle School Team any more. No biggie. But as short handed as the Varsity is. Why take that chance of getting hurt?

The players started the season on the middle school team only, then were asked to play up on the high school team because they were doing well in the early season. If there is a conflict between the two schedules the boys play high school. They only play middle school if the high school doesn't have a game. This has only happened around 5 times this season, so the chances of them getting hurt are slim.
GoEastKYschools Wrote:The players started the season on the middle school team only, then were asked to play up on the high school team because they were doing well in the early season. If there is a conflict between the two schedules the boys play high school. They only play middle school if the high school doesn't have a game. This has only happened around 5 times this season, so the chances of them getting hurt are slim.

Any time you step on the field there is a chance and chances are never slim when playing pretty much every day.
JMO, once you are a starter at the Varsity level. You have no buisness at the Middle School level. Would be a shame to end your Varsity season during a Middle School game that means absolutely nothing. Like I said though...JMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^ I disagree. The more experience the better for those young guys. You can't sit out a baseball game for fear of getting hurt.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, once you reach Varsity. Why take the chance for a Middle School game? Like I also said though...."JMO".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
When they stop schools from holding kids back for 1 & 2 years this is going to happen. Stop it and everyone will be on a even playing field. They beat everybody because they are playing kids who should be freshmen and sophomores against true 7&8th graders. What class
Congratulations to Coach Justice and the Jr. High Panthers on winning the East Semi-State Tournament this weekend, while improving to 28-0!

It was an awesome day of baseball in Pikeville and I hope this event continues to grow. Great attendance and a great finale between the Panthers and Somerset (Meece)! The Jumpers can hit the baseball, they tattooed it all over the park. Good luck to both clubs at LWC in the Final Four in a couple of weeks!
ERblue4ever Wrote:When they stop schools from holding kids back for 1 & 2 years this is going to happen. Stop it and everyone will be on a even playing field. They beat everybody because they are playing kids who should be freshmen and sophomores against true 7&8th graders. What class

There are no holdbacks on Pikeville's team.
wrong!!!!!!!!! At least 3 of them are
Winners win and losers whine! Good luck at state young Panthers!
Is Pikeville playing in the pike county middle school tournament tonight at Pikeville? If so, who do they play?
Believe what you want to believe.

And Pikeville got a first round bye since they were the #1 seed of the tournament. They will play the winner of Shelby Valley and Belfry Tuesday at 8.
When and where is the state tournament?
GoEastKYschools Wrote:Believe what you want to believe.

And Pikeville got a first round bye since they were the #1 seed of the tournament. They will play the winner of Shelby Valley and Belfry Tuesday at 8.

Maybe their opponents will drop out of this round like they did the semis and they can once again conveniently move on to the championship.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Congratulations to Coach Justice and the Jr. High Panthers on winning the East Semi-State Tournament this weekend, while improving to 28-0!

It was an awesome day of baseball in Pikeville and I hope this event continues to grow. Great attendance and a great finale between the Panthers and Somerset (Meece)! The Jumpers can hit the baseball, they tattooed it all over the park. Good luck to both clubs at LWC in the Final Four in a couple of weeks!

I'd be willing to bet that Meece is the better team..

IN baseball, pitching is so crucial... Not playing until the championship game has got to favor Pikeville there. Meece played two tough opponents leading up to that game. Pretty confident that Meece didnt have the best avb and possibly could've been three deep pitching wise.
KarnivalKat Wrote:I'd be willing to bet that Meece is the better team..

IN baseball, pitching is so crucial... Not playing until the championship game has got to favor Pikeville there. Meece played two tough opponents leading up to that game. Pretty confident that Meece didnt have the best avb and possibly could've been three deep pitching wise.

You're saying they didn't save either of their best two pitchers to go against a team that was 27-0? Who were the other two teams they beat? I do agree it was an advantage for Pikeville only to play the championship.
jetpilot Wrote:You're saying they didn't save either of their best two pitchers to go against a team that was 27-0? Who were the other two teams they beat? I do agree it was an advantage for Pikeville only to play the championship.

East Jess and Northern..

Both teams of which they'd played before... but. given the pitching both teams who have the potential to beat Meece...

And yes that's what I'm saying. I'm pretty sure the game started with a pitcher down on the depth chart... At least their 3rd best pitcher...
KarnivalKat Wrote:East Jess and Northern..

Both teams of which they'd played before... but. given the pitching both teams who have the potential to beat Meece...

And yes that's what I'm saying. I'm pretty sure the game started with a pitcher down on the depth chart... At least their 3rd best pitcher...

As did Pikeville. Meece may well be the better team, but Pikeville was the better team Saturday regardless.
jetpilot Wrote:You're saying they didn't save either of their best two pitchers to go against a team that was 27-0? Who were the other two teams they beat? I do agree it was an advantage for Pikeville only to play the championship.

Pikeville played Paintsville in the first round of the tournament, so the championship was not their only game. Also, Pikeville didn't set up the bracket to go straight to the championship, they didn't receive word Morgan County wasn't showing up until 30 minutes before the game.