Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mcreary Co. Coach?
Rumor is current Somerset Football staffer Lucas Ford will take the job in Mcreary County, it is all but finalized at this point as far as I have heard.
Congrats to Lucas. That's a tough situation down there but I wish him the best of luck.
I think Coach Ford would be a Great Choice for the Job. I don't think they have done anything Yet, at least that is what I'm hearing.
Lucas would be a great hire IMO. I hope if so he is given the opportunity and the equipment to succeed.
Super happy for Lucas if this is true. Wish him much success. One thing is for sure, McCreary will be getting an enthusiastic and passionate coach who truly loves the game.
I am glad someone has an idea whats going on because we have not heard a thing in MC.LOL!
Did some checking. A final choice has not been make. Coach Ford's name is in the mix. I don't know who it will be, but I hope whomever it is will get everything they need to be successful and will stay at McCreary a long, long time. They have 48 in Middle School lifting and in Spring Practice.
Hiring someone from the Somerset staff has to be a positive for McCreary Central. I hope that he can line up some good assistants and get the Raiders rolling.
Hope he gets the job!
E's Army Wrote:Hiring someone from the Somerset staff has to be a positive for McCreary Central. I hope that he can line up some good assistants and get the Raiders rolling.

There are a Few Good ones in the System, Whomever get's the job needs to talk these people into helping. James Payne, Mark Jones, Matt Stiltner, Vince Lewis just to name a Few. All work hard and know Football.JMO
Cellking Wrote:There are a Few Good ones in the System, Whomever get's the job needs to talk these people into helping. James Payne, Mark Jones, Matt Stiltner, Vince Lewis just to name a Few. All work hard and know Football.JMO

Cell I think you mean Virgil Lewis ,Vince is his son. Also Shawn Mohollen should be talked to, good young coach, played for Campell and Black at Whitley County.
Jamie Payne would make a good coach if Robert Jones would give him a chance.
And in bigger news...who would be in the mix for offensive coordinator at Somerset if he's able to make the move to McCreary?

Also, I thought MC had already hired the Wagner guy? What happened to that?
You can hire the best coach you can find in the state for that school and its not going to solve the overall problem.
IMO, the toughest thing is for a new head coach to find quality assistants in that area. He cant do it all himself. Hopefully he can start with a clean slate if he gets it and persuade some guys to go with him.
Payne, Stiltner , Jones, Monhollen would all make quality assistants,and imo if they were all on board you would have a very good coaching staff.
kyrj Wrote:Payne, Stiltner , Jones, Monhollen would all make quality assistants,and imo if they were all on board you would have a very good coaching staff.

All those are good Coaches and work hard. 3 of those were on the staff when McCreary went 7-4.
Cellking Wrote:All those are good Coaches and work hard. 3 of those were on the staff when McCreary went 7-4.

Can't trust them. They bailed after that 7-4 season.
johnnyd Wrote:Can't trust them. They bailed after that 7-4 season.

Jones can not coach because of family issues that keep him from it,Stiltner stayed on and helped, Payne was not asked to come back. people should get thier facts straight before they post.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Rumor is current Somerset Football staffer Lucas Ford will take the job in Mcreary County, it is all but finalized at this point as far as I have heard.

Cellking is right Jumper pride. No announcement yet....
I have been part of the program the last few years. The reason I am writing this will be obvious as it concludes, this is the first time I have felt the need to post anything. In 2009, Coach Clinton Gay and his staff led Mccreary Central to their best season to date. It was a total team effort and everyone who was part of it should be proud of their accomplishment! When Coach Gay retired, I came on staff with the new head coach in 2010 as a para-professional and pledged to stay on as long as he wanted me. The last three years is not what he or his staff had hoped for. No one hurts more when a team does not win than coaches - you feel every missed block, dropped ball, fumble, and missed tackle. I came to McCreary because of a deep calling to the boys and community. I even planted a church there. The players initiated a Fellowship of Christian Athletes group and many players trusted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savor! I have always seen coaching as a mere tool to influence the lives of young men I ordinarily would not have the opporitunity to influence. On the field it was tough, it was what it was, no excuses! As a coach you either pack it up, or get better - go to clinics, learn from others, improve and find answers, I have always been a fighter and have always looked for ways to get better!

I began coaching in 1997 at a Christian school in Nebraska, it has been my passion ever since. I served under a great man who taught me to always focus on the Main Things. I seriously contemplated hanging up the whistle this year, mainly because I lost sight of the Main Thing for which God called me to the ministry of coaching, not that winning is not important because it is! Today, as I was helping the middle school, one of our returning Varsity players was hanging out at the practice for the second day in a row and past the time most Varsity players typically would hang around middle school practice. I walked over to him and said are you "okay," he said "yes." This young man, a senior, never played before last year and fought his way into a starting Defensive End spot. I asked him if he was waiting for his mother and father, thinking he lived with them, he said "no," I live with my aunt - my father is dead and mother is a drug addict who does not live in the state. The coaches are his Dad, the only role model he will have to teach him how to be a man! He hangs around the practices because for this young man the game is his escape, his esteem and his identity, it is here he learns how to be a man from his coaches. This young man is one of many in McCreary County who are the Main Things! They are the reason every coach past and present do what we do! You only need to spend one day with these boys to love them like your own son, and yes they can tick you off like your own son, but deep down you love and would give an arm up for them! It is why I press on and why many of the past and present coaches press on and fight or have fought for these boys!

Am I the best asst. coach "NO," what I don't know I am willing to learn though.

Have I been perfect "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" However, the past is the past, a new era will be ushered in shortly! Whoever, the next head coach is we must ALL rally around him, we ALL have one common goal and that is the Main Thing - the boys! I personally ask anyone to forgive me if I have done anything to offend you, I more than likely have :igiveup: I apologize to every player for not doing enough to ensure your success in the areas I was responsible for, you are more than champs in my eyes! I am asking everyone to support the new coach and his staff, whoever they may be. They deserve a fresh and new start despite how we may feel toward particular individuals knowing that the eyes of the next generation will be shaped by what they see in us! If my tenure has come to an end, I thank all of you from McCreary County who gave me the chance to coach your native sons, it was my privilege and high honor. I learned more from them, then they ever did from me!

I am part of Raider Nation Always!

J.G. Hallock+
"All give some, some give All!"
kyrj Wrote:Jones can not coach because of family issues that keep him from it,Stiltner stayed on and helped, Payne was not asked to come back. people should get thier facts straight before they post.

Funny thing that year the coaches were all telling that it was their last year before the season is over. My facts seem to be straight.
johnnyd Wrote:Funny thing that year the coaches were all telling that it was their last year before the season is over. My facts seem to be straight.
So I guess you know that Jones wife has health problems that keep him from coaching, and Stiltner helped and Payne was not asked to help then dont you. You must be a bitter Smith or something along those lines, at any rate you are not worth anymore of my time, I hope who ever gets the job does well. GO RAIDERS!
The Head Coach posting is still up on the KHSAA site, so guessing the position hasn't been filled.
Rumor has it the announcement will be made today. My guess is Lucas Ford!!!
johnnyd Wrote:Funny thing that year the coaches were all telling that it was their last year before the season is over. My facts seem to be straight.

The only Coach who said it was his last year was (Coach Gay) and he was looking fwd to retirement. Your fact are way off.
Wildcat18 Wrote:And in bigger news...who would be in the mix for offensive coordinator at Somerset if he's able to make the move to McCreary?

Also, I thought MC had already hired the Wagner guy? What happened to that?
I'm guessing Coach Lucas would take over the O again.
No decision on Friday. Dang hire Coach and get on with it. Just another showing how messed up this System is. Still think it is going to be Lucas Ford. If it was someone local it would have been announced.
Hire somebody and encourage the kids to play. No spring football this year will not improve McCreary Central next year. Show a little love to the kids.
Coach Galloway,Payne, Monhollen, Lewis, Privett, Goins and Bell all volunteered and had spring practice for the kids, but you are right E they need to hire a coach asap.
I watched a couple days of spring practice. Kids worked hard, Coaches worked hard things went well, just need more Kids out. Need to hire a Head Coach.