Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top five in 6A football?
who do you think will be top five in 6A football and why?
Trinity and St X.
Trinity and everybody else.
X then Trinity. Everybody else to follow.
X
T
McCracken Co
Henderson Co
Scott Co
St. Xavier
Trinity
Male
Simon Kenton
Henderson County
The creation of McCracken Co. Combining Lone Oak, Heath and Reidland into one with Lone Oak's Haskins as boss should be pretty lethal. With what Lone Oak returns even without the Heath and Reidland players they would have been likely a top 5 team in 6A
Trinity
St X
Butler
Ballard
Male
McCracken maybe a top 5 but even at #3 they are a distant #3 to Trinity and X.
Trinity or St. X. everyone else is just playing for third.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mountaineer Man Wrote:McCracken maybe a top 5 but even at #3 they are a distant #3 to Trinity and X.

I would agree 110% but the question is who do I think is top #5 and lets face it 6A is not great outside of the top 2 atleast not usually. Male has on occasion had a great team but I dont think that will be the case this year
Trinity will be down again as usual.
X needs a lot of work to get to a good caliber program.
Trinity
St.X
Scott County
PRP
Ballard
Henderson
St X
Trinity
Scott Co.
Simon Kenton
PRP
Hard to see how taking two bad programs (Heath and Reidland) and dumping them into Lone Oak is going to create some magical power in 6A. I have heard Lone Oak lost DJ Sherill, the power RB, who transferred to Tilghman. Lone Oak basically has a QB who - when he is not hurt - runs up his numbers against weak sisters. I hope they do well. Heck - I hope they win it all. I'm just not seeing where this massive infusion of talent that they need is coming from.
Tica Wrote:Hard to see how taking two bad programs (Heath and Reidland) and dumping them into Lone Oak is going to create some magical power in 6A. I have heard Lone Oak lost DJ Sherill, the power RB, who transferred to Tilghman. Lone Oak basically has a QB who - when he is not hurt - runs up his numbers against weak sisters. I hope they do well. Heck - I hope they win it all. I'm just not seeing where this massive infusion of talent that they need is coming from.

Agree
In 6A, its the Louisville Schools, Scott County and big drop off after that.
Trinity
St. Xavier
Scott County
Ballard
Connor
Why even ask that question!
thsrocks Wrote:Trinity
St. Xavier
Scott County
Ballard
Connor

That is a good estimate. i would put Connor above Ballard and maybe Scott CO. tho. With their D1 QB healthy Connor could be dangerous.
Conner is not in 6A.....
hop24 Wrote:Conner is not in 6A.....

hmmm did not know that.... watch out bowling green....
birdman44 Wrote:hmmm did not know that.... watch out bowling green....

Confusednicker: Bowling Green will cruise to another title in 5A. IF Conner would get that far, the Purples will smoke them.
i dont know... Drew Barker is the real deal, not a Zeke Pike... They beat Cov Cath last year. and the colonels were probably as good as BG if not better. remember Highlands and Cov Cath dominated those southern 5A teams for years before getting knocked down to 4A.

Highlands and Cov Cath....toe to toe +/-
Cov Cath and Conner......toe to toe

Lex Cath and Bowling Green .......toe to toe

Highlands takes Lex Cath to the woodshed

the only way you can compare....its not laughable Conner is going to be a senior led "its our year" type of team watch out BG....
birdman44 Wrote:i dont know... Drew Barker is the real deal, not a Zeke Pike... They beat Cov Cath last year. and the colonels were probably as good as BG if not better. remember Highlands and Cov Cath dominated those southern 5A teams for years before getting knocked down to 4A.

Highlands and Cov Cath....toe to toe +/-
Cov Cath and Conner......toe to toe

Lex Cath and Bowling Green .......toe to toe

Highlands takes Lex Cath to the woodshed

the only way you can compare....its not laughable Conner is going to be a senior led "its our year" type of team watch out BG....

Good points, Just think the graduation of WR Cameron Fogle and 2 or 3 of there offensive lineman will make a difference. BG returns practically everyone from last years title team. Would love to see a matchup of HHS and BG. Would love to watch all the speed on the field. BG is 44-1 over the last 3 years, not to shabby. Highlands streak is remarkable as well. Guess only time will settle our disagreement..... C'mon football season!
hop24 Wrote:BG is 44-1 over the last 3 years, not to shabby.
BG is actually 39-3 the past 3 years, but an impressive 30-0 the past 2. Conner has an elite QB in Barker, but would give up 50 to BG and would be lucky to score 21. There are only 3 teams in 5A with even an inkling of a chance to upset BG, and those are Warren Central, Christian Co., and John Hardin.
hop24 Wrote:Good points, Just think the graduation of WR Cameron Fogle and 2 or 3 of there offensive lineman will make a difference. BG returns practically everyone from last years title team. Would love to see a matchup of HHS and BG. Would love to watch all the speed on the field. BG is 44-1 over the last 3 years, not to shabby. Highlands streak is remarkable as well. Guess only time will settle our disagreement..... C'mon football season!

I thought that Barkers big weapons were returning...

Did not know that BG was a junior heavy team last year....thats kinda scary.

i do need some football.... baseball just dont cut it.
its like telling a heroin addict to just drink a beer.

back to 6A
i guess my guess would be:

Trinity
Scott Co
St Xavier
Ballard
SK or PRP
6A

Trinity
St X

Scott Co
Henry Clay
Butler
Male
Thunder Lips Wrote:BG is actually 39-3 the past 3 years, but an impressive 30-0 the past 2. Conner has an elite QB in Barker, but would give up 50 to BG and would be lucky to score 21. There are only 3 teams in 5A with even an inkling of a chance to upset BG, and those are Warren Central, Christian Co., and John Hardin.

Agree 100%. Conner's D leaves a lot to be desired. Up 30-0 over Franklin Co. in the playoffs and lose 62-59.
Bowling Green has beaten St.X the past 2 years, and with the losses both Trinity and St.X will be dealing with, it's not too crazy to think Bowling Green will be the best team in the state