Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawkins at UK would be a mistake
Hawkins going to UK would be a huge mistake... He does not have the ball handling ability to run the Point for a team like UK. If they offer him, it is because they could not get who they really want, and they will just recruit over him the next year.... His best chance is at a Mid Major like WKU where he will probably be a 4 year starter, and have great stats because he will be the most talented player on the team. Your thoughts?
Love to see him at UK, but I couldn't agree with you more.
5 Star Elite Wrote:Hawkins going to UK would be a huge mistake... He does not have the ball handling ability to run the Point for a team like UK. If they offer him, it is because they could not get who they really want, and they will just recruit over him the next year.... His best chance is at a Mid Major like WKU where he will probably be a 4 year starter, and have great stats because he will be the most talented player on the team. Your thoughts?

Not every college basketball player has to come in and play right away.

Hawkins could help UK one day.... Hawkins would start right now for UK... Yeah Hawkins might not get to play for UK next year but down the road they could use him....

UK passed on Hickey, and guess what Hickey wouldn't have played as a freshman but he would be starting right now...
Hawkins is better than Polson and Hood!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:Not every college basketball player has to come in and play right away.

Hawkins could help UK one day.... Hawkins would start right now for UK... Yeah Hawkins might not get to play for UK next year but down the road they could use him....

UK passed on Hickey, and guess what Hickey wouldn't have played as a freshman but he would be starting right now...
Hawkins is better than Polson and Hood!!!!

He is better, but Cal gets an all American pg almost every year.
I believe he planned on Teague coming back and had to settle for Harrow.
Warthog Wrote:He is better, but Cal gets an all American pg almost every year.

And I'm not saying Hawkins would ever start but UK could use him... I think it would be a very smart move for UK and Hawkins...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
News flash guys. It isn't about playing time for every player. (See: Polson) who are any of us to say what is good for him?

Secondly, you do realize the idea of playing in college is to IMPROVE, right? I'm pretty sure Hawkins in 3 years will be twice the player he is now. That's what happens for most when you play for a good coach...

And if you think Hawkins is good enough to START next year at WKU (Tourney team mind you) but isn't good enough to even see the floor as much as Twany Beckham at UK, I think you are overlooking the talent of guys at schools like WKU.
Warthog Wrote:He is better, but Cal gets an all American pg almost every year.

Harrow was a transfer, came in the same time as Teague but say out last year. Would also venture to say Cal gets a top 30 pg every year. Evans, Rose, Wall, Knight, Teague, Harrow and Harrison. Think Cal thought Harrow would have been better. I look for Ryan to transfer as a graduate asst. like Mays did last year to UK. Also hearing Hood and Polson graduates this year also.

Mix1...
Lol, the kid is a combo guard. I'd think he would play the 2 more than the 1. His ball handling skills would improve with practice, just like everything else. He'd be just fine at UK.

Everytime a state kid is recruited that's not a 5 star, we always have someone on here that doesn't think they're cut out for it. If he comes to UK, he will prove you wrong.
How did he score 29 against the two, 5 star twins we have have coming in next year if he can't handle the ball against top competition? I'd love to keep him in state.
How many scholarship players are you allowed to have in college?
He could very easily be a two. If Cal passes on him it will be a huge mistake.
I have been correct some times and wrong many times on Kentucky kids.

Two that I thought Kentucky should have taken were JR Vanhoose and Chris Lofton
One that I thought they should have passed on was Carrier.
One that I turned out to be dead wrong on was Stockton. I was sure Stockton would be a contributer.
It seems like when a kentucky kid goes to another school besides UK they shine! Or we just notice alot more???

Exp....

Tennessee - Scotty Hopson, Chris Lofton, Isaiah Victor, Allan Houston
LSU - Anthony Hicky
Butler - Shelvin Mack
Indiana - Remey Abell
Vanderbilt - Scott Hundley & Dan Langhi
Clemson - Greg Buckner

Just to name a few off the top of my head!!!
Did you watch the state tournament,Hawkins would be a great sign for UK. Madison Central played the Harrison twins team in the Marshall Co Hoopfest, Harrison twins had 28 pts Hawkins had 29! Dominique has been a lifelong UK fan and we know what lifelong UK fans can do, check the Unforgettables jerseys hanging in the rafters!
Why do you question his ball handling skills? In the state tourney Hawkins had a grand total of 5 turnovers and I think he went against some pretty good point guards.
It's pretty obvious that Cals' recruiting top talent is complimented by upperclassmen. Most fans understand this. But when he goes after kids that ESPN has not deemed top 50 all we hear is that kid will never get off the bench. You can't have it both ways. I remember Tony Delk struggling as a freshman and improving each year. Delk definately was not a pure point!
:worthy: sign hawkins kentucky and play hood more its is time to shine.on the bluegrass.:notbad:
I think Hawkins proved last week and over the course of the season that he will be a contributor on the major college level no matter where he goes! Also, I am really surprised that Butler hasn't gotten involved with him.
Sign Hawkins. Let him take hoods scholarship.
There's no doubt he can play and be a big contributer to Kentucky. He's physical, athletic, can shoot and makes free throws. He's the kind of kid that would be there 4 years and make huge contributions every year. you need four year guys in the program that can actually play. SEE DARIUS MILLER. Kentucky don't have last year's title without him.
Hawkins would be a good fit for UK. He could develop the first year and use this as a springboard for later. Agree with what Fatt Jones said earlier, Delk struggled early but prospered later.

Dawkins could be more like Anthony Epps, when Epps began at UK it looked like he would never get much playing time, but it in the end we saw what happened. Epps turned out to be an efficient, strong point guard that improved his outside shooting as his career went on.

I agree with what many have posted, that Cal needs to get 4 year players to compliment the big time recruiting class we get every year. Hawkins could be one of these type players, here for 4 years and a steady player night in and night out. With that said, the players we take for 4 year players need to understand their roles and accept that they might not always be on scholarship, especially the first year. Kind of hard for a player that would get a scholarship at another school to accept that, but true kentucky kids would probably sacrifice in order to be part of something special. Just look at Hood and Poulson, both could excel at lesser Div. 1 schools, but choose to be part of the UK tradition. As fans we should think them more than ever!!
Agreed.
He needs to stay away from UK.
There is not a player at the sweet sixteen good enough to play at UK. If they were thhen the talent level falls way off
If Polson and Hood are good enough to be on UK's roster then Hawkins surely is...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hawkins could help UK down the road !! Need to keep all the in-state players that could play for UK home !! Chris LOfton , not saying that Hawkins is on that lever but he Killed UK everytime he played them !!
We need a player that is going to come in and stay 4 years. He could be the next Darius Miller with hard work. The one thing that he can do is play extremely hard and will his team to victory.
Mix1 Wrote:Harrow was a transfer, came in the same time as Teague but say out last year. Would also venture to say Cal gets a top 30 pg every year. Evans, Rose, Wall, Knight, Teague, Harrow and Harrison. Think Cal thought Harrow would have been better. I look for Ryan to transfer as a graduate asst. like Mays did last year to UK. Also hearing Hood and Polson graduates this year also.

Mix1...
Hood should have 1 more yr because he got hurt last yr,but i hear he may want to go else where..
Hawkins can play! My man EKFF has been screaming that all year!! Cal seems to be pretty good at developing talent, a few years with him and he will contribute to that program.
So is UK recruiting him?