Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro Football 2013-2014
HAT51 Wrote:Close, competitive game and a good gate for both teams.

It would neither be close or competitive. Harlan Co does bring a lot of fans so there would be a good gate. 1 out of 3 isn't that bad.
johnnyd Wrote:It would neither be close or competitive. Harlan Co does bring a lot of fans so there would be a good gate. 1 out of 3 isn't that bad.

What I meant by saying close is the distance between the two schools. Not lot of travel time. A good JV game would be OK, wouldn't it?
Intimidator Wrote:Let's try to beat em here first cause Bell County has to come to the Boro..

See I thought we played a 2 and 2. Two straght at Log Mt and then two straght at Bradner Stadium. I could be wrong, however.
teampaul Wrote:This year it's a 5 and 5 sechdule. Which is better than last year. However Morgan Co. has no desire to come to Middlesboro and I dont blame Frazier for not going there again. The Coaches, players, and fans are all awful. Even though I couldve seen a pretty good little rivalry between the two teams

There has been a true rivalry between Morgam and Moddlesboro for the past few years... TEAMPAUL I have to assume that you have not been at any of the games between these two teams the last 3 years... please enlighten me as to what makes you think "the Coachesplayers, and fans are all awful".. it is obvious that you have not seen game film on the conduct of these teams.
Does Middlesboro really have a shot at beating Bell? I know they used to do it a looonnnggg time ago and beat them in '99 or '97 or something like that but I have heard a lot of years people from Middlesboro say they have the team to beat them and didn't especially in the early 2000's. Just curious as to what the Boro fans say?
bear claw Wrote:Does Middlesboro really have a shot at beating Bell? I know they used to do it a looonnnggg time ago and beat them in '99 or '97 or something like that but I have heard a lot of years people from Middlesboro say they have the team to beat them and didn't especially in the early 2000's. Just curious as to what the Boro fans say?

I think their is still a pretty decent gap between the 2 teams. M'boro has improved under Coach Frazier, take into account they had a lot of improving to do also. Frazier took over a program that was way down. He has done a good job and will put them in a postion to host a playoff game. We have all heard this talk before, for example 2011. Bell will be better than most think.
If you think there is a big gap between these two teams then you are seriously out of your mind. When you line these teams up and look at these match ups, Middlesboro wins 9 out of 10 times. Where bell beats Middlesboro is team play. Middlesboro lost only one player. But you bobcats keep that big head if you want. Middlesboro is working hard and will be ready to play.
I saw Middlesboro play Harlan and Bell County play Harlan County.
I would think Bell County is still 20 points better.
risingjackets Wrote:if you think there is a big gap between these two teams then you are seriously out of your mind. When you line these teams up and look at these match ups, middlesboro wins 9 out of 10 times. Where bell beats middlesboro is team play. Middlesboro lost only one player. But you bobcats keep that big head if you want. Middlesboro is working hard and will be ready to play.

you are confused!!!!!
It seems a lot of people believe Bell County is so much of a big brother and is so much bigger than Mboro, when the truth is, its a 2A and 3A school. Mboro SHOULD be able to compete with Bell County on a yearly basis. The fact that Bell has owned Mboro is a testament to the coaching and talent difference over the years.
But, Middlesboro is getting better and better the past couple of years.

Before long, maybe even this coming season, we can compete with Bell.
[Image:

]
Confusednicker: 20 points better you have to kidding me here. Some of you guys just don't know this team well enough and don't realize all of the talent that they have, but you shall see. There's a big surprise coming out of the crater and it's gonna be amazing when it happens:Thumbs:
Middlesboro should be a 1a school but they aren't because of a boys alternative school.
Only 32 schools are in Class A.
I have a hard time believing Middlesboro is close to being one of the 32 smallest football playing schools in the state.

I guess Middlesboro's sophomore and junior classes are the strongest right now.
I saw Middlesboro's eighth grade team last year. They weren't very good.
I would love to see Middlesboro 2013 Football schedule!
Then i can judge what kind of team they will have. If they have beefed up schedule then the coaches feel very good about this team.
RisingJackets Wrote:Middlesboro should be a 1a school but they aren't because of a boys alternative school.

So how many kids you got in an alternative school?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So how many kids you got in an alternative school?

Alternative or not, they are still a part of the district. I don't understand this argument.
The Boro can keep dreaming but Bell will be Bell and will win by at least 2 TD's.
Yogibear Wrote:Alternative or not, they are still a part of the district. I don't understand this argument.

We are 17 boys away from the 200 cut off used for 1A. The next count may very well put us in 1A.

I think the argument he is making we have a school ( not our alternative) a boys home that are not our students, that we have to count. From other places, court ordered here for a overnight home. We have to count them. Not eligible for any athletics or any other activities, not in our school building. Different situation. On most weeks count 10 to 15 boys.

No word on the final schedule, the City / County Bowl missed up the scheduling.

Bell is a big game no doubt...but Somerset, Danville and LCA are they biggest on the schedule. The rest is just prep.
FlippedOut Wrote:We are 17 boys away from the 200 cut off used for 1A. The next count may very well put us in 1A.

I think the argument he is making we have a school ( not our alternative) a boys home that are not our students, that we have to count. From other places, court ordered here for a overnight home. We have to count them. Not eligible for any athletics or any other activities, not in our school building. Different situation. On most weeks count 10 to 15 boys.

No word on the final schedule, the City / County Bowl missed up the scheduling.

Bell is a big game no doubt...but Somerset, Danville and LCA are they biggest on the schedule. The rest is just prep.
I don't understand why they are counted as part of district and not allowed to play.
Would someone post the Middlesboro football schedule. I would love to see the schedule.Please,please!
Middlesboro 2013-2014 Football Schedule
Aug.16 SEKC GRID-O-RAMA (H) CORBIN
Aug.24 (H) GRANT CO.
Sept.6 (H) PINEVILLE
Sept.13 (A) BELL CO.
Sept.20 (A) HARLAN IND.
Sept.27 (A) PIKEVILLE
Oct.4 (H) UNION, VA
Oct.11 (H) LCA*
Oct.18 (A) DANVILLE*
Oct.25 (A) SOMERSET*
Nov.1 (H) LYNN CAMP

*DISTRICT GAMES
I believe middlesboro has a really good shot of going undefeated up until district games. I'm not to sure about union. I think Corbin will be a nail biter. Has anyone heard anything about lca, how many starters are coming back.
You think your beating bell at bell.hahahahaha
It will never happen Bell Wins this year easy! Hey I may be wrong though I guess that's why they play the game.
I don't see why they couldn't. Tell me why you think they won't since you know so much?
The "Boro" is loaded for the next two years? Should be their year to win the district and region.
blue rainbow Wrote:There has been a true rivalry between Morgam and Moddlesboro for the past few years... TEAMPAUL I have to assume that you have not been at any of the games between these two teams the last 3 years... please enlighten me as to what makes you think "the Coachesplayers, and fans are all awful".. it is obvious that you have not seen game film on the conduct of these teams.

Actually, I was at both games. The first one for the Sorgum Bowl where the Morgan Co. fans dressed in Hillbilly atire beat Middlesboro on a kick off return after Chase Roark took an absolute beating all game. Several players left their pads outside the bathroom and came back to have them pissed on example one of the fans misconduct.

The player rivarly is pretty much two sided and just because I am a middlesboro fan i naturally take our side. I will admit it's a two way street. The most obvious example would be last year after a hard hit on the Morgan County sideline Morgan Co coaches calling our players "thugs" even tough the coach was probably fired up in the moment I feel like the coach should've had more professionalism. Not saying Middlesboro has had this in years past.

Just saying, I'm not near as illiterate on the subject as you think
RisingJackets Wrote:I believe middlesboro has a really good shot of going undefeated up until district games. I'm not to sure about union. I think Corbin will be a nail biter. Has anyone heard anything about lca, how many starters are coming back.

Union Co is similar to Prestonsburg. So it is a very winnable game, just like the Prestonsburg game was for the jackets last year. Grant County is the most unpredictable of the games 3-7 last year in 5A. I think this game could go either way, a lot depends on how Middlesboro comes out. Because the long trip could make a huge diffrence for Grant County
The same thing happened at bell high this year. As you know a huge rivalry. Ryan pittman made a tackle in the backfield and was obviously very fired up, and from what I have heard Brian Crawford cussed this kid out. Not sure if its true but that was what I heard from many of the parents.