Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay Co 91 - Barbourville 64 (13th Region)
Final from Harlan Co.
Clay was obviously clicking on all cylinders tonight! Can they maintain that kind of execution for 2 more games??
Clay County must be playing really good ball right now, and at the right time. I picked Harlan County to win the 13th in the office pool mainly because the tournament is played on their home court, but I night have made a mistake.
Clay Co was amazing tonight. Congratulations to them on their victory!!
Congrats to Clay. This is a very solid team. I hope we get a chance to play in the finals.
Congrats Tigers!
Good luck to the rest of the field if Clay keeps playing with the swagger they are showing. Awesome for the seniors to be clicking as they have clicked so well with sophomore star McDaniel.
clay was solid at all levels tonight.devon mills had 33 in his final game for b'ville.clay will be hard to beat if they play this good.b'ville has to play some man to man d to beat good shooting teams,that 2-3 zone aint gonna cut it.
Huge congrats to Mills. Kid is a gamer. Top 5 player in the 13th. Congrats to Dinky and Bville on a great season. Keep it going Clay!!!
Sweet-All Clay's starters in double figures.
Go CLAY!
Did they empty the gym after the first game at Harlan tonight, or could you buy 1 ticket for both games?
1 ticket for both games and plenty of seating available. Was not even half full tonight
Don't worry about the gym if Clay County makes it to Saturday. It'll be packed. I believe this is 13 wins in a row. 1 game at a time. Nice game by Mills.
Big win Clay
Clay has been my pick to win this region since week 1.
If Clay can keep up the intensity they played with last night, no one will touch them!

Gut, that avatar and signature are classics!! I can't look at them without busting a gut (no pun intended!!)
Clay is the team to beat this year! But with that being said they will face a very good Mboro team that could push them to the limit. Clay still has some work to do before they can lay claim to the region title.
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the Tigers choke, Clay has had fantastic opportunities the past two years to make the sweet 16, but somewhere grew overconfident and let a team who Clay should have handled easily knock them out.

Time will tell if this team is afflicted with choke-itis in a game that counts.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Good luck to the rest of the field if Clay keeps playing with the swagger they are showing. Awesome for the seniors to be clicking as they have clicked so well with sophomore star McDaniel.

I'm perfectly ok with this statement Bubba except for the fact that you had to throw in there about the "Sophomore Star McDaniel".

Again, as I've said numerous times, you do not have to constantly build someone up. If they're "that" good, let other people do the bragging. That'll mean more anyway. If you only hear how good you are from the same ol' source, at some point you start to wonder if other people feel the same way!

It was a good "team" victory for Clay Co. They're playing well right now. But when you single out one particular player's play compared to the others, that causes dissention that could hurt in the long run.

Having said that, congratulations to Clay Co. on a well-deserved victory.
I in no way singled out anyone and haven't all year. I have bragged about Rice's production all year and I believe I was the one who first stated that Bowling would be the sleeper of the region. He has proved me wrong, he's a first team all region player. Reed and Lyttle have stepped up big time as of late.
McDaniel is a star in a region where there are very, very few. If you don't think so, that's ur opinion. I have mine.
And the Tigers would not be doing what they are doing without any of their starters along with Wolfe becoming a man. McDaniel is the leader and it runs through him but he cant win a region by himself. Very proud of this group and Coach Marcum. Go Clay!!!
It's hard to speak about Perry County without mentioning Johnson, Knott County with Justice, or Clay County with McDaniel. (Just throwing out names.) He is undoubtedly the best player. It is sports, that's how it works. However, it doesn't go unrecognized in Clay County that he has a stellar supporting cast of seniors and 2 freshmen.
Oldtiger Wrote:I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the Tigers choke, Clay has had fantastic opportunities the past two years to make the sweet 16, but somewhere grew overconfident and let a team who Clay should have handled easily knock them out.

Time will tell if this team is afflicted with choke-itis in a game that counts.

:dudecomeon: tiger want joke you must be wanting them to choke go tiger.