Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 2013
Wayne has had two season in a row of getting better.. going 9-3 in 2011 and 10-2 in 2012 Returning a lot of players for the 2013 season what does everyone think? Im looking forward to seeing what happens.. These kids have what it takes I believe....Confusedinglepar

Offense Returners

Line:
Jr. LT
Sr. Center
Sr. Rt Guard
Sr. TE

Skill/Receivers

sr. WR
sr. WR
Jr. WR
Sr. QB
Sr. Rb

Looks like they will be needing to replace a guard and Tackle on offense

Defense Returners:

Jr. NG
Sr. T
Sr. Bandit
Sr. Will
Jr. Sam linebacker
Sr. Cb
Sr. Cb
Sr. FS
Sr. SS

ON defense replacing there Mike lb and d end

Last years Cardinals avg. 33.9 ppg on offense only giving up 13 ppg
If Wayne County returns 9 starters on offense and defense both then they are immediately the front runner for their District and probably the pre-season #2 or #3 team in 3A.

I see they are losing Dixon (65 carries, 536 yards, 9TD) and Rhule (81 carries, 455 yards, 8 TD). Dixon was the leading rusher and Rhule had the most carries aside form the QB. I would assume one of those would be considered a starter if not both?

Either way, Wayne should be right in the thick of things in 3A and could benefit from Bell being hit particularly hard by graduation.
I had heard that Estill and Wayne were talking about playing but from what I hear that isn't gonna happen.

Anyone know when KHSAA updates the fall schedules to the 2013 season?
Wayne has will have a little different schedule this year if i hear it right Estill said no and were replaced with a really good Williamsburg team... yes they are losing a couple of solid rb's but... return a couple as well I expect Sr. Rb Junior Ruiz will get the nod for 2013 and is an explosive runner ... starters were different about every week it seemed and Ruiz was in that rotation...
this Cards team with another year in weight room could be deadly...
Wayne had a slew of athletes last year. They should only be better next year.
When you put in all the returning starters and the way the season played out last year , the cards have to be the favorite in the district and second behind Central in the region.
A lot of work goes from what happened last year to next year, but if the cards hold true they could win their first outright district title and advance farther than ever in the playoffs.
18 starters back, including QB. Wayne should be poised for a magical season.
Wayne County should be good next fall, which is great for them. Go Cards!
When I asked in Bowling Green who challenges Central next year in the west . Alot of people named Wayne County right off the bat.

Monroe
South Laurel
Garrard County
Williamsburg
Southwestern
Bell Co
Corbin
Casey Co
McCreary Central
Rock

Looks like the cards have a strong set of games this year... Looking forward to seeing some history made.
I would have expected a little better schedule. This will be one of the better 3A teams in the state.
Wayne has got better from what I hear, they did good last yr,
Does Logan Gardner still play football at Wayne County? If so, what postion will he play this year?
I won't be shocked one bit to see them run the table. As a matter of fact, you heard it here first. Wayne County, 10-0.
I know when they played Bell last year Gardner had th play qb for a few series. I think hes a wr.
Logan playes WR yes and is one of the back up QB's if needed
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I won't be shocked one bit to see them run the table. As a matter of fact, you heard it here first. Wayne County, 10-0.

Bell County might have something to say about that. To be the man you have to beat the man.
johnnyd Wrote:Bell County might have something to say about that. To be the man you have to beat the man.

Right you are. No doubt about that. I just see it as being Wayne's year. They are just due IMO. Nothing against Bell whatsoever. I expect that game to be a battle like last year (and, the year before to be honest. It was a lot closer than the score indicated. The first half was a battle).

Truth be told. Wayne County is going to be a tough out for everybody in the west side of 3A IMO, yes, that includes Central.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Right you are. No doubt about that. I just see it as being Wayne's year. They are just due IMO. Nothing against Bell whatsoever. I expect that game to be a battle like last year (and, the year before to be honest. It was a lot closer than the score indicated. The first half was a battle).

Truth be told. Wayne County is going to be a tough out for everybody in the west side of 3A IMO, yes, that includes Central.

I sure hope you are right!:Thumbs:
chap88gt Wrote:2013

Monroe
South Laurel
Garrard County
Williamsburg
Southwestern
Bell Co
Corbin
Casey Co
McCreary Central
Rock

Looks like the cards have a strong set of games this year... Looking forward to seeing some history made.
:howdy: yes history williamsburg defeat wayne Confusedmoke:
64SUR Wrote::howdy: yes history williamsburg defeat wayne Confusedmoke:
Why would that be history? It should be an upset if Wayne beats Williamsburg. Williamsburg has advanced deeper and has about 10 times the district titles Wayne has. They both have around the same records the last few years. Williamsburg should in all honestly beat Wayne.
thanks for the support john boy Confusednicker:
This will be a nice game. Wburg may struggle with the physical play of Wayne , but The cards may struggle with the offensive fire power of burg. May be the best game of both of their seasons that means nothing. Wayne's biggest will be Bell.
Bell and Corbin will be ready.
I think Wayne may have one of the best teams they have had in years. I think the Bell Co game will be a toss up. It seems that Bell just gets the most from the kids it has every year. They don't have a pool like Highlands to pick from, but every year they seem to have a talented team. But, don't underestimate Wayne this year, I think they will definately make some noise. I think they may be an upcoming power. They have found a way to get the kids to buy in to what they are selling and that makes them dangerous IMO. Good luck this year Wayne Co.
Williamsburg will be a great game no doubt... we shall see how it goes down... I was glad to see this game... two schools that have something to prove both with alot of talent coming back should be a barn burner!
This will be wayne co year to win district. With all the players they have comming back and this being a down year for bell, Corbin might turn out to be the hardest game in the distict this year.
I won't be surprised to see wayne play Lou. Central for a spot in bowling green this.
IMO the district top three will finish in this order
1 wayne co
2 Corbin
3 bell co
panther nation Wrote:This will be wayne co year to win district. With all the players they have comming back and this being a down year for bell, Corbin might turn out to be the hardest game in the distict this year.
I won't be surprised to see wayne play Lou. Central for a spot in bowling green this.
IMO the district top three will finish in this order
1 wayne co
2 Corbin
3 bell co

I don't think so. Bell has yet to have a close district game.

1. Bell
2. Corbin
3. Wayne
Bell County will be a tough out for the cardinals, but this should be Wayne County best chance at a district