Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee 60 Owsley 39
Game over! Wow...never in doubt. The whole team came up big. Owsley was outmatched and could not handle either the offense or defense of Lee. Smith had a good 2nd half for OC but not good enough. Neeley had a defender all over him all night and was a non factor.

Here are the scores
Lee County- Brandenburg 17, Rich 15, Fetters 12, Taulbee 3, Johnson 6, D. Liesegang 4, J Liesegang 3 = 60
Owsley Co- Smith 21, Neeley 9, Congleton 6, Bowling 2, Wright 1, Wilson 1 = 39

Owsley just cant match up with the bobcats...not today, not earlier, and not tomorrow.
Congrats on the win and on the great season Lee Co. is having this year!!
The Bobcats are now in the finals of the All A.
Lee's defense was a big factor, but Owsley didn't do themselves any favors either, by missing about 15 shots right under the basket. They rushed shots all night, even the putbacks. And they couldn't hit much from the foul line. To play close to Lee and have a remote chance of beating them, you have to make the bunny shots and hit about every free throw. Even if Owsley had done that, they would have still got beaten, but it would have been more like 6 or 7 points instead of 21.

Owsley wasn't patient enough in the offense and didn't set good screens. Then they would get out of their offense and start playing one on one. These are some things they're going to have to correct to even be in the ball park with teams like Lee and Estill.
"DOC" Wrote:Lee's defense was a big factor, but Owsley didn't do themselves any favors either, by missing about 15 shots right under the basket. They rushed shots all night, even the putbacks. And they couldn't hit much from the foul line. To play close to Lee and have a remote chance of beating them, you have to make the bunny shots and hit about every free throw. Even if Owsley had done that, they would have still got beaten, but it would have been more like 6 or 7 points instead of 21.

Owsley wasn't patient enough in the offense and didn't set good screens. Then they would get out of their offense and start playing one on one. These are some things they're going to have to correct to even be in the ball park with teams like Lee and Estill.

I agree...The owsley team I seen tonight is not the same team that beat South Floyd Or JBC...
congrats
"LeeCoBobcatfan" Wrote:Game over! Wow...never in doubt. The whole team came up big. Owsley was outmatched and could not handle either the offense or defense of Lee. Smith had a good 2nd half for OC but not good enough. Neeley had a defender all over him all night and was a non factor.

Here are the scores
Lee County- Brandenburg 17, Rich 15, Fetters 12, Taulbee 3, Johnson 6, D. Liesegang 4, J Liesegang 3 = 60
Owsley Co- Smith 21, Neeley 9, Congleton 6, Bowling 2, Wright 1, Wilson 1 = 39

Owsley just cant match up with the bobcats...not today, not earlier, and not tomorrow.

I couldnt help but notice ur post....I just dont understand it....How you can diss a OC team that has owned Lee co the past 15 years.....Every team in the region has nothing but respect for the Owls.....This is the first time I can ever remember Lee being a factor in the 14th....The Bulldogs on the other hand has always been great so forgive me if Im not as excited as u!:wenumber1
Congrats Lee
congrats
Owsley play poorly and like they did at the first of the year. Hopefully this will be a wake-up call and they can change by district.
Smith played real bad tonight. He forced too many shots and didnt even look to run an offense. This was not the same Smith kid i had seen the previous weeks.
Congrats Lee County!
"hazarddogfan" Wrote:I couldnt help but notice ur post....I just dont understand it....How you can diss a OC team that has owned Lee co the past 15 years.....Every team in the region has nothing but respect for the Owls.....This is the first time I can ever remember Lee being a factor in the 14th....The Bulldogs on the other hand has always been great so forgive me if Im not as excited as u!:wenumber1
I wasnt dogging OC. Sorry if it came across that way. I was just saying that this year OC has a lot of matchup problems. Look at some of my other posts, I respect this Owls team and root for them when they dont play Lee. I hope they do well. I hope they pull it together and make a run district time (assuming they play Estill Big Grin)
Perry Central beat KCC.....KCC beat Lee....Lee beat Owsley....Owsley beat JBS and JBS beat Perry Central. Round and round.............Go figure.
Kind of had a feeling that this would be a blowout. COngrats Lee!
Can't wait till tonight.
"LeeCoBobcatfan" Wrote:I wasnt dogging OC. Sorry if it came across that way. I was just saying that this year OC has a lot of matchup problems. Look at some of my other posts, I respect this Owls team and root for them when they dont play Lee. I hope they do well. I hope they pull it together and make a run district time (assuming they play Estill Big Grin)

I think Owsley's problem is they don't really have an inside scoring and defensive threat like they did last year with Tyson Gross. That allows defenses to come out and put more pressure on the perimeter game, and that's exactly what Lee did last night. And their help defense cut off most drives to the basket and turned them back, or caused a forced shot. Owsley was able to get the ball inside occasionally, but they are young in the post, mostly sophomores, and just couldn't seem to put it away when they had the chance. That means, then, that most of the scoring had to come from outside, and last night it didn't happen. Lee wouldn't let it.
Lee played great and the Owls could not mathc up or handle the defense. Smith forced WAY too many shots and Neeley couldn't connect last night. The 2 of them struggled for leadership on the court and the team suffered. Just what I saw anyway.
"OverTheBack" Wrote:Lee played great and the Owls could not mathc up or handle the defense. Smith forced WAY too many shots and Neeley couldn't connect last night. The 2 of them struggled for leadership on the court and the team suffered. Just what I saw anyway.
Smith wasnt the only player on Owsley FORCING SHOTS my friend! Smith came down in the 3rd quarter and made a three and cut it to an 8 or 9 point ball game and then came down on 'D' and drew an offensive foul on RICH. OWls fans and I both thought this would be the momemtum shifter, but someone other than Smith came down and forced a fade away three pointer. Good Win for Lee though! Good luck tomorrow against Buckhorn!!!
"hazarddogfan" Wrote:I agree...The owsley team I seen tonight is not the same team that beat South Floyd Or JBC...

I agree with you, the Owls came out and played a tough game & made Owsley Fans proud, Thursday night against JBS..but they just didnt play like the team I know they can be. . . . . . I was kinda shocked though, beating a team 3 times in one season is impressing, Bobcats showed who wanted it more lastnight..Great Game Guys!
Confusedhithappe
You gotta want it, to win it!
Lee county is a relly good ball team and looking relly good at this point.
I agree with hazardbulldogfan.....owsley has owned lee for the past 15 years, and u was dogging OC
"OverTheBack" Wrote:Lee played great and the Owls could not mathc up or handle the defense. Smith forced WAY too many shots and Neeley couldn't connect last night. The 2 of them struggled for leadership on the court and the team suffered. Just what I saw anyway.

Who runs this team, the players or the coach? Sounds like to me that the coach needs to take control. If a player is forcing shots, then get control of them. Who is the guy that coaches Owsley anyway? The game I saw them early in the year, the coach just sat their the whole game and did not even call a timeout. No wonder there is a struggle over leadership. The coach should be in charge.
(imo)owsley might not of played that well in the game but if lee county didnt have tyler rich i dont think they would be that good he knocks the outher teams players down and gets by with it no wonder lee does so good when all the defense on the other team gets knocked on the floor.
(IMO) it was a good game lee county playd well owsley didnt play as good as they could have but they played about as agood as they could.
For me this was a horrible game to watch. As much as I love the Owls, they came up short tonight. Anybody who watched the game would have to admit deep down that there was some horrid officiating.

That was one of the worst called games I've ever seen in my entire life.

Though that was not the sole reason Owsley lost.

Poor Shot Selection
Good Defense By Lee
Too Much Drving by Smith and Neeley

Just to name a few.

Neeley's game is from behind the 3 point arch. He strayed away from that way to much this game. Smith is an excellent slasher but when he drove the ball in I never saw any kick outs to the 3 point range.

The Owls have pulled up big in their past couple games. And to be honest, I think it has gotten to their heads. This is just a wake up call for the young Owls. They need to take a few lessons from the Lady Owls. They always come back with a big run near the end of the game. Maybe that would help the Owls some.

And with the June Buchanan game, the owls fans was wild. Same with the game against Lee. Owsley brough two fan busses and many drove to the game. However, from being there and experiencing it, the bad officiating and great defense from Lee kept the crowd out of it.

If the Owls learn from their mistakes, they could be a dangerous force to reckon with.
"Tek32" Wrote:For me this was a horrible game to watch. As much as I love the Owls, they came up short tonight. Anybody who watched the game would have to admit deep down that there was some horrid officiating.

That was one of the worst called games I've ever seen in my entire life.

I'm not kidding when I say this...You may be the craziest person I have ever heard. WOW! :Hammer3:
Give some examples of "bad officiating." The idiotic shot robert put up trying to get fouled and looked stupid doing it? I think that you have lost it. Lee just SPANKED the OWLZ like they have all year and again, you look for a reason why, because, SURELY LEE ISNT BETTER THAN OWSLEY!!!! Nooooo!!! Can't be.
No, I may be one of the most truthful you've ever seen. You can't deny that that game was called badly. The refs got on Owsley's case bad near the 2nd Quarter and into the 3rd. Then they eased up a bit. For a while, everytime Lee went down the floor a foul was called on Owsley.

And one call which got extremely upset, is when Trey Congleton went up for the rebound and a Lee County player (don't remember which but Im thinking Tyler Rich) went over his back and knocked him to the floor, in which the referee called out of bounds on Owsley...
Do you forget to look at the other facts in that post? I not only mentioned the bad officiating, no no no... I mentions Lee's great defense, and Owsley's poor shot selection.