Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahoo Sports' Pat Forde at Pikeville/East Ridge game
Yahoo sports journalist Pat Forde was at the Pikeville/East Ridge game early this week. I saw him at the top of the bleachers and it caught my eye because he lives in Louisville but usually only travels for college and pro games. According to AllKYHoops A. Wireman, he was "asking questions."

Why do you think he's snooping around Eastern KY?
masiello Wrote:Yahoo sports journalist Pat Forde was at the Pikeville/East Ridge game early this week. I saw him at the top of the bleachers and it caught my eye because he lives in Louisville but usually only travels for college and pro games. According to AllKYHoops A. Wireman, he was "asking questions."

Why do you think he's snooping around Eastern KY?

Masiello you must be a 007 spy.
My guess is to try to dig up some dirt on why there are so many Canadians playing basketball in eastern Kentucky.
One thing you can almost guarantee about Pat Forde...if he travels all the way to East Ridge, it's for nothing good.
jamesclay Wrote:One thing you can almost guarantee about Pat Forde...if he travels all the way to East Ridge, it's for nothing good.

Could have been worse. Could have been Jim Cantori of the Weather Channel. When he shows up to your neighborhood, you better be leaving.
^lol, sure the truth.
Brandon Bender is mentoring Kasongo. Bender is a former HS standout in Kentucky. Bender has also been in trouble for theft and fraud and was a 'Runner' for UCF. He's a person who lines the pockets of recruits to try and persuade them to come to the school.

THAT is why Forde was there.
My money is Huggy Bear being right.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Brandon Bender is mentoring Kasongo. Bender is a former HS standout in Kentucky. Bender has also been in trouble for theft and fraud and was a 'Runner' for UCF. He's a person who lines the pockets of recruits to try and persuade them to come to the school.

THAT is why Forde was there.

Hear Forde may end up (or did) at the 22 Foot Academy in Breathitt County (Jackson) as well and possibly Cordia.

Nine zillion -- all supposedly D-I lock studs if you believe the hype --Canadians end up in small, non-city schools in Kentucky (first-year Thomas Nelson landed one, and Canadian guard Tyronn King starts for North Hardin) ... and people think it's NOT a big deal?

Too many things are happening in EKY at the same time (heard King and the Thomas Nelson kid were originally headed to EKY, too) to merely be sheer coincidences.
Several investigative reporters are looking into to not only Canadian transfers, but transfers from the Texas, New York, etc. Dealing with players from 2-3 years ago to current players.

When it all hits it is not going to be good at all and paint some big time coaches in VERY different than what they are looked at now.

A couple of elected officials are wanting heads to fly and 4-5 coaches banned for life from KHSAA basketball.....stay tuned.
Imagine that, Pat Forde travelling all the way to Eastern KY to investigate schools for unethically bringing in outside talent when it has been going on in his own back yard for years. Wouldn't want to step on any toes. Please!
I would take a guess as to why he was there...
but that would imply that I actually care
Who care's that Pat forde showed up to the game I saw him as well. And who cares rather it was for Bender or the kid the bottom line is you small minded people don't get it there isn't anything illegall going on. From what I heard there is no sports in canada the teachers are on strike so nothing you can do the KHSAA is not the FBI get that out of you're small minds. Besides there is nothing going on Illegal when these kids are coming over so good luck searching.
Pat Forde is an idiot.
You people complaining don't get it there is nothing you can do complaining if you have a issue take it up with the state legislater. The Khsaa has no say it is up to the state and circut court judges rather kids from anywhere come in and play you guys make the khsaa bigger than what it ever will be.
I heard Bobby Knight was in Hazard.
Also heard Bob Ley and ESPN Outside the Lines would be in town Monday. Weather permitting!
Mountainschoolboy Wrote:Who care's that Pat forde showed up to the game I saw him as well. And who cares rather it was for Bender or the kid the bottom line is you small minded people don't get it there isn't anything illegall going on. From what I heard there is no sports in canada the teachers are on strike so nothing you can do the KHSAA is not the FBI get that out of you're small minds. Besides there is nothing going on Illegal when these kids are coming over so good luck searching.

You're actually calling someone else small minded and write like that?
It sounds like some people are worried they may have to try to win with their own players. That would be a novel concept.
Mountainschoolboy Wrote:Who care's that Pat forde showed up to the game I saw him as well. And who cares rather it was for Bender or the kid the bottom line is you small minded people don't get it there isn't anything illegall going on. From what I heard there is no sports in canada the teachers are on strike so nothing you can do the KHSAA is not the FBI get that out of you're small minds. Besides there is nothing going on Illegal when these kids are coming over so good luck searching.

When you deny something is illegal twice in the same post, is that a double negative?
Hey schoolboy, using spell check would probably help your credibility with that small minded thing. I'm not accusing anyone in eastern KY. of violating any rules,but if they did, the KHSAA is the governing body for high school sports in KY. and there are rules that are supposed be followed.
Ok spell check sorry I was typing from my Appalachian wireless phone. Any who who cares Im glad the kids are coming it makes EKU ball much more exciting. Have you looked at the revenue the schools have made since these kids showed up I doubt it. I hope EKU continues to get talent like this every single year. I heard there are kids from Brazil on the way 7foot kids to Perry central and Hazard so who is gonna complain then. You small minded people are something else I love it here in pikeville. :1:
Some of these kids jeopardizing there college eligibility?
Mountainschoolboy Wrote:Ok spell check sorry I was typing from my Appalachian wireless phone. Any who who cares Im glad the kids are coming it makes EKU ball much more exciting. Have you looked at the revenue the schools have made since these kids showed up I doubt it. I hope EKU continues to get talent like this every single year. I heard there are kids from Brazil on the way 7foot kids to Perry central and Hazard so who is gonna complain then. You small minded people are something else I love it here in pikeville. :1:
EKU? Spell check won't fix the problems you face.
I would rather watch home grown kids myself. They are taking some kids playing time.
Mountainschoolboy Wrote:Ok spell check sorry I was typing from my Appalachian wireless phone. Any who who cares Im glad the kids are coming it makes EKU ball much more exciting. Have you looked at the revenue the schools have made since these kids showed up I doubt it. I hope EKU continues to get talent like this every single year. I heard there are kids from Brazil on the way 7foot kids to Perry central and Hazard so who is gonna complain then. You small minded people are something else I love it here in pikeville. :1:

Mountainschoolboy,

I'm not jealous like you claimed.

I'm not from a Cordia, Breathitt or East Ridge rival. Not from ANY rival of a mountain/EKY team.

Fact is, the 22-Foot Academy was brought up by the KHSAA Board of Control.

Fact is, Rod Rhodes has PUBLICLY stated he wants Cordia to be like Oak Hill (meaning a prep school, meaning it would be KICKED OUT of the KHSAA because of recruiting and/or offering on campus housing specifically for athletes).

Fact is, several Canadian bball kids, who just so happen to know each other, keep landing in random schools (mostly in EKY though, it's not like Trinity or Male or Scott County has gotten any of these kids). No Canadian soccer players, volleyball players, wrestlers or just run-of-the-mill students (like many foreign exchange kids).

So D-I recruited black Canadian boy basketball players CONTINUALLY landing in Kentucky and they're, umm, had do we say this: NOT BEING RECRUITED???!!!

What are the odds?

I don't think the individual schools, per se, are to blame (except Cordia. Rod Rhodes could land you on probation far worse than what Rose Hill Christian got with OJ Mayo and Billy Walker).

Thomas Nelson had no clue about its transfer. Neither did North Hardin (North Hardin did NOT even file paperwork to protest his transfer being found ineligible). North Hardin was completely planning on him not playing.

At least one of the Breathitt ACADEMY (not HS) kids was at Scott County at first. When he wasn't cleared, he went to the 22-Foot Academy.

So yeah, keep acting like nothing out of the ordinary is going on.

You forget, Pat Forde knows who Brandon Bender is (Canadian handler).
He knows who Rod Rhodes is (getting transfers from not out of the county, but out of the state and out of the time zone).

He knows both of their reputations.

Thus probably a safe assumption why he is snooping around EKY.

Better NOT to partner with Rhodes and Bender than to become buddy-buddy with them, enjoy your success (albeit how limited it might be) and then have mighty consequences to pay for.

Don't get me wrong: I have NOTHING against the kids themselves. I don't hate them. I don't wish them to be found ineligible.

That being said, they're pawns in all this. By Rhodes, Bender, AAU handlers, whoever, they're being shopped around.

A question many EKY schools (who are accepting these kids and encouraging them to join their teams) will need to answer, is: Will this all be worth it?

What's the end game?
Who is Par Forde anyway? Lol!! Some chump trying to cause trouble for some schools outside is beloved Louisville why doesn't he stay there don't he now nobody wants him around, nothing but trouble will follow him anyway.
Brandon Bender is nothing but trouble. He sure makes quite a living as an AAU coach. I wonder how he can afford to travel around the coutnry like he does. Those 3 years of semi professional basketball in Iran and Ukraine must of really payed well. HAHA!!
cksportsfan Wrote:Mountainschoolboy,

I'm not jealous like you claimed.

I'm not from a Cordia, Breathitt or East Ridge rival. Not from ANY rival of a mountain/EKY team.

Fact is, the 22-Foot Academy was brought up by the KHSAA Board of Control.

Fact is, Rod Rhodes has PUBLICLY stated he wants Cordia to be like Oak Hill (meaning a prep school, meaning it would be KICKED OUT of the KHSAA because of recruiting and/or offering on campus housing specifically for athletes).

Fact is, several Canadian bball kids, who just so happen to know each other, keep landing in random schools (mostly in EKY though, it's not like Trinity or Male or Scott County has gotten any of these kids). No Canadian soccer players, volleyball players, wrestlers or just run-of-the-mill students (like many foreign exchange kids).

So D-I recruited black Canadian boy basketball players CONTINUALLY landing in Kentucky and they're, umm, had do we say this: NOT BEING RECRUITED???!!!

What are the odds?

I don't think the individual schools, per se, are to blame (except Cordia. Rod Rhodes could land you on probation far worse than what Rose Hill Christian got with OJ Mayo and Billy Walker).

Thomas Nelson had no clue about its transfer. Neither did North Hardin (North Hardin did NOT even file paperwork to protest his transfer being found ineligible). North Hardin was completely planning on him not playing.

At least one of the Breathitt ACADEMY (not HS) kids was at Scott County at first. When he wasn't cleared, he went to the 22-Foot Academy.

So yeah, keep acting like nothing out of the ordinary is going on.

You forget, Pat Forde knows who Brandon Bender is (Canadian handler).
He knows who Rod Rhodes is (getting transfers from not out of the county, but out of the state and out of the time zone).

He knows both of their reputations.

Thus probably a safe assumption why he is snooping around EKY.

Better NOT to partner with Rhodes and Bender than to become buddy-buddy with them, enjoy your success (albeit how limited it might be) and then have mighty consequences to pay for.

Don't get me wrong: I have NOTHING against the kids themselves. I don't hate them. I don't wish them to be found ineligible.

That being said, they're pawns in all this. By Rhodes, Bender, AAU handlers, whoever, they're being shopped around.

A question many EKY schools (who are accepting these kids and encouraging them to join their teams) will need to answer, is: Will this all be worth it?

What's the end game?
Well said...consequences will follow all involved.
I don't really care what Pat Forde is doing in Eastern KY but I have to give style points for this poster. I like his style. :notbad:
Well said, UKisN1. I recently questioned a Cordia supporter about this situation, and asked him how all these kids seem to be finding Cordia (which by the ways is rarely found on run-of-the-mill maps). He seemed astonished I would even question the logistics of them arriving at Cordia and gave Rod Rhodes the credit. Then, I asked when he made a trip to Canada to find the athletes, and did the school pay for his travel expenses. Ofcourse, he had no reply for either of these questions and went on talkinig with bubbling enthusiasm about the progess of the team and how they are expected to "go out of the region," and support the 14th Region for the first time in the history of their school! What a fluke! How can they represent the region when most of these kids couldn't name the counties they will even represent (if they do win the tournament!)
Like you said, I wish them the best of luck, but these kids are simply a means to an end...and I can't see how this is within the guidelines of KHSAA and why are they allowing it to happen?