Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central District
How long will it be before we start seeding for the district tournament????
Hazard vs Perry Central Feb 19th

Leslie Co vs Buckhorn 20th

Both @ Perry Central.

There was already a thread on this. (54th drawing)
Man, Hazard vs Perry Central in game #1.
IMO Perry superintendent should make it a policy of the Perry school district that all Perry schools support seeding.That way Buckhorn would have to vote for it and with them Perry and Hazard they would have the votes to get the seeding. The girls at Buckhorn already seed why should the boys not. Makes no sense. In the long run benefits everyone. Hurts the 54th because they do not always send their best teams to the regional. Also hurts attendance in the regional costing all the participating schools revenue in a time when budgets are severely strapped everywhere because of the loss of coal jobs.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Never been a fan of drawing for district, it makes 0 sense
How many times have PCC and Hazard drawn each other in the first round?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If Perry and Hazard didn't bring in a new team every year (a little dramatic but you get the point), the other schools might be for seeding. Hogwash about the lost money, if Leslie or Buckhorn make it their fans will be there and probably in better numbers, they support THEIR TEAM well. It just makes me laugh to hear all the crying from the best teams about this, if you can't make it out of the first round you don't deserve to have a shot at the region. Win and you in baby, lose and go home and hit the recruiting trail. What a joke, if it was up to some people the small schools would just go away, after all they are just getting in the way of all the hard work done in the off season.
Drawing kinda takes away the purpose of having a regular season
PapaPoof Wrote:If Perry and Hazard didn't bring in a new team every year (a little dramatic but you get the point), the other schools might be for seeding. Hogwash about the lost money, if Leslie or Buckhorn make it their fans will be there and probably in better numbers, they support THEIR TEAM well. It just makes me laugh to hear all the crying from the best teams about this, if you can't make it out of the first round you don't deserve to have a shot at the region. Win and you in baby, lose and go home and hit the recruiting trail. What a joke, if it was up to some people the small schools would just go away, after all they are just getting in the way of all the hard work done in the off season.

Seems like I hit a soft spot. This is done all over the state but in a handfull of districts. You're gonna say with a straight face that Buckhorn or Leslie has a decent shot at beating Knott or Cordia etc seems like Buckhorn had a shot at Knott a couple of weeks ago on their home court. How did that work for you.

The truth will stand when all else falls.

Brother Cecil.
^ Excatly, let the regular season count for something more than just bragging rights
Didn't do anything for me Brother, that's Buckhorn's problem. As far as the truth standing when all else fails, the truth is the Perry's and Hazard's of the world will do anything to win. This goes against everything high school sports is supposed to instill in young people. I say again STOP YOUR CRYING. This is the way it is, if you were so right the the good people of Buckhorn and Leslie would agree. But they know better, this is the only way to keep some piece of fairness to the corruption that you seem to embrace. And the only soft spot I have is for basketball the way it used to be, I bet you are one of those people who hates to see a player take a charge that stopped a dunk. All style and no substance.
PapaPoof Wrote:Didn't do anything for me Brother, that's Buckhorn's problem. As far as the truth standing when all else fails, the truth is the Perry's and Hazard's of the world will do anything to win. This goes against everything high school sports is supposed to instill in young people. I say again STOP YOUR CRYING. This is the way it is, if you were so right the the good people of Buckhorn and Leslie would agree. But they know better, this is the only way to keep some piece of fairness to the corruption that you seem to embrace. And the only soft spot I have is for basketball the way it used to be, I bet you are one of those people who hates to see a player take a charge that stopped a dunk. All style and no substance.

The corruption that you are talking about [seeding] is done in about 99 per cent of the districts. And as for the crying seems like you are the one that got all bent out of shape I was only putting my opinion out there when you went off the wall. This is done practically everywhere and is only a matter of time before it happens in the 54th. The opening line of this thread was when or if was seeding going to happen in the 54th. You elevated it to Hazard and Perry were corrupt and started down other peoples kids without saying very little on the merits of seeding. So don't lecture me on corruption I have no connection to either district.

Brother Cecil.
PapaPoof Wrote:If Perry and Hazard didn't bring in a new team every year (a little dramatic but you get the point), the other schools might be for seeding. Hogwash about the lost money, if Leslie or Buckhorn make it their fans will be there and probably in better numbers, they support THEIR TEAM well. It just makes me laugh to hear all the crying from the best teams about this, if you can't make it out of the first round you don't deserve to have a shot at the region. Win and you in baby, lose and go home and hit the recruiting trail. What a joke, if it was up to some people the small schools would just go away, after all they are just getting in the way of all the hard work done in the off season.

There is no crying just disgust that the 54th district will be sending a team to the region that will essentially be a bye for Knott Central. You speak of not making it out of the first round when you have teams that are praying for a draw because it is there only chance at making the region. I think the draw is outdated and serves no purpose other than giving weak teams a chance to play in the region with little chance of winning it. I also think the attendance will suffer not because of your teams support but rather from nuetral fans not showing up to see a game that will provide little drama. I do not have anything against small schools, I just enjoy watching quality basketball with the best teams playing. The fact is this draw only hurts the 54th district's chances of winning the 14th region. If you enjoy seeing Knott Central, Cordia, or Breathitt go to the state tournament because of your own self interests, you are a part of the problem. This a disadvantage for the 54th district and you can tell by all the "dancing in the streets" by the other contenders. I am sure they would love to play Buckhorn or Leslie in the region rather than PCC or Hazard.
PapaPoof Wrote:Didn't do anything for me Brother, that's Buckhorn's problem. As far as the truth standing when all else fails, the truth is the Perry's and Hazard's of the world will do anything to win. This goes against everything high school sports is supposed to instill in young people. I say again STOP YOUR CRYING. This is the way it is, if you were so right the the good people of Buckhorn and Leslie would agree. But they know better, this is the only way to keep some piece of fairness to the corruption that you seem to embrace. And the only soft spot I have is for basketball the way it used to be, I bet you are one of those people who hates to see a player take a charge that stopped a dunk. All style and no substance.

You would'nt know basketball if it hit you in the head. It is ironic that you talk about taking a charge to prevent a dunk, well that is about all your team could do to stop Johnson from slamming at will. The point is a draw like this will only expediate seeding because nobody wants to see one of the best teams in the region lose the first game while weaker teams will advance only due to a lucky draw. If you want to watch some high level competitive basketball come watch the PCC vs Hazard game. How about this compare the attendance between the two opening round games. Why such a disparity?
I'll tell you why because people want to see two good teams play.
Brother Cecil Wrote:IMO Perry superintendent should make it a policy of the Perry school district that all Perry schools support seeding.That way Buckhorn would have to vote for it and with them Perry and Hazard they would have the votes to get the seeding. The girls at Buckhorn already seed why should the boys not. Makes no sense. In the long run benefits everyone. Hurts the 54th because they do not always send their best teams to the regional. Also hurts attendance in the regional costing all the participating schools revenue in a time when budgets are severely strapped everywhere because of the loss of coal jobs.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.

I'm surprised that JPA never strong-armed Buckhorn into voting to seed.
Hazard and Perry don't draw each other as much as people act like they do. This is the first time since 2006 that they have drawn each other.

The odds say they should draw each other every three years.

I personally don't have a problem with it being done either way.
As far as fairness goes, how is the teams with the best records playing in a district title game not fair? do you want the wild card teams in the nfl to get a bye instead of the 1 and 2 seeds lol
Altro Cat Wrote:Hazard and Perry don't draw each other as much as people act like they do. This is the first time since 2006 that they have drawn each other.

The odds say they should draw each other every three years.

I personally don't have a problem with it being done either way.

The laws of probability always evens things out.

They used to draw them all the time.
I personally think its garbage.
Hazard and PCC play first roud in district.
Which ultimately means one of the best in the region will not be making it to region.
Pathetic.
Who wants to see a Leslie vs PCC game?
Or even a Buckhorn vs Hazard game?
I do not.
I could care less about whether a team seeds or draws for district play. But what does that do to teams like Leslie County or Buckhorn when Hazard and Perry All Stars make it to the Region every year? We live in Eastern Kentucky, the most beautiful place I have ever seen. We are prideful people who choose to live in a place that never gets any respect from the world at large or even the rest of the state that we call home. High school sports give us that chance to be extra prideful in the place that we call home. If a Leslie or Buckhorn can get to the region a little more often and have the chance to shock the world and make the smiles on the folks of Hyden and Buckhorn a little wider, Im all for it. If you can't see that TRUTH brother, what does it matter.
when Perry and Hazard draws each other all thats doing at this point is going to give Knott or Cordia an advantage, If Hazard wins more than likle they will have to beat Cordia and Knott to win the region same for Perry, Seeding is the best thing because most of the time it gets the two best teams in the region. And dont forget Breathitt there not dead yet.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm surprised that JPA never strong-armed Buckhorn into voting to seed.

Mr. Amis understood the importance of the draw at Buckhorn. He coached there several years. Even though he did win the region twice at Buckhorn, their is a better chance of making the regional tournament on a consistent basis by the draw.

It is the same way with Riverside and Jackson City. Without the draw they would have a very low chance at ever making the regional tournament.
PapaPoof Wrote:I could care less about whether a team seeds or draws for district play. But what does that do to teams like Leslie County or Buckhorn when Hazard and Perry All Stars make it to the Region every year? We live in Eastern Kentucky, the most beautiful place I have ever seen. We are prideful people who choose to live in a place that never gets any respect from the world at large or even the rest of the state that we call home. High school sports give us that chance to be extra prideful in the place that we call home. If a Leslie or Buckhorn can get to the region a little more often and have the chance to shock the world and make the smiles on the folks of Hyden and Buckhorn a little wider, Im all for it. If you can't see that TRUTH brother, what does it matter.

Well I guess Leslie and Buckhorn should hit the recruiting trail or either work harder.
If you are going to have a draw, then what is the point of playing each other in the regular season.
Mountain Wrote:If you are going to have a draw, then what is the point of playing each other in the regular season.

There isn't one.
Other than giving the other team some extra tape of you
Brother Cecil Wrote:The corruption that you are talking about [seeding] is done in about 99 per cent of the districts. And as for the crying seems like you are the one that got all bent out of shape I was only putting my opinion out there when you went off the wall. This is done practically everywhere and is only a matter of time before it happens in the 54th. The opening line of this thread was when or if was seeding going to happen in the 54th. You elevated it to Hazard and Perry were corrupt and started down other peoples kids without saying very little on the merits of seeding. So don't lecture me on corruption I have no connection to either district.

Brother Cecil.

I though that you wanted peace bother Cecil.

Peace among us Tommy 2
Brother Cecil Wrote:The corruption that you are talking about [seeding] is done in about 99 per cent of the districts. And as for the crying seems like you are the one that got all bent out of shape I was only putting my opinion out there when you went off the wall. This is done practically everywhere and is only a matter of time before it happens in the 54th. The opening line of this thread was when or if was seeding going to happen in the 54th. You elevated it to Hazard and Perry were corrupt and started down other peoples kids without saying very little on the merits of seeding. So don't lecture me on corruption I have no connection to either district.

Brother Cecil.

I'm not getting in to who is or isn't corrupt, but he's NOT calling seeding
corrupt, he's referring to other things.

Brother Cecil.

Mountain Wrote:If you are going to have a draw, then what is the point of playing each other in the regular season.

Hmmm, traditional rivalry? entertain your fans? lower travel costs?
measure yourself against potential post season opponents.

To me I much prefer blind draw to seeding districts, it makes
for more entertainment, and can sometimes make meaningful
district games where under a seeding format there wouldn't
be. But I can live with it either way. But it's very silly to claim
that without seeding the regular season is meaningless, or
that there is no point to play dsitrict teams without it.
Why would you seed when the teams in the district will not play each other?
Seeding makes sense.