Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs Mullins
Who won this one?
Belfry won 6th, 7th and 8th. The score to the 8th grade game was 37-27. It was a dog fight! 7th grade game was a 4 or 5 point margin (I think) and sixth grade was a 1 point game.
8th was 29-37.
Mullins was leading at the end of the 3rd but couldn't hit free throws.
I heard Mullins packed into a 2-3 zone and easily broke their press....that is what you have to do to beat Belfry. I also heard they pulled a 7th grader that could shoot off the bench, and that helped them...If Belfry has a shooter now, they won't be beat. The only chance people had was to pack it in the paint and stop Bentley, but now with this kid it will open up too many options..hate to say it, but it looks like Belfry now has it in the bag.
Remember the name Garrett Brown. He can shoot with the best of them. I have been waiting all season for his chance to play with the big boys and he didnt let me down. I dare anyone to try to pack it in on us now. As far as Mullins having the lead they had it one time and it was at the end of the 3rd quarter for only one or two points. It wasnt like they missed free throws and lost, come on man. Belfry finally came alive in the 4th. But without Brown Belfry wouldve gone down in my opinion.
wildcats20 Wrote:I heard Mullins packed into a 2-3 zone and easily broke their press....that is what you have to do to beat Belfry. I also heard they pulled a 7th grader that could shoot off the bench, and that helped them...If Belfry has a shooter now, they won't be beat. The only chance people had was to pack it in the paint and stop Bentley, but now with this kid it will open up too many options..hate to say it, but it looks like Belfry now has it in the bag.

Yes Belfry is a very good ball club , but to say they have it in the Bag. You still have to play the County tourny . Then if Belfry wins, Hats off to them. You Should never count your Chicken before they hatch.Confusednicker:
Sounds like they finally are the complete team, all they were lacking was a shooter.
Ah that is one game.
I still think someone will knock them off.
Now just shade the shooter and pack it in.
If the guy can shoot.
Congrats pirates
Mullins went back and forth with them all night.
The lead changed multiple times.
Congrats Tigers on a great showing
Congrats Pirates on winning!!
I have to say it wouldnt be a bad thing for them to get knocked off one time before the tournament. I would hate for the boys to get spoiled and not taste defeat in football or basketball. Sometimes a lose is good for you. I think people need to realize Belfry already had a good shooter in Austin Woolum he had just lost his confidence but he stepped up and made a couple of good shots against the Tigers also. Wouldnt mind seeing some bombs fired up on both sides of the court from our guards. Belfry is a complete team and hopefully the boys continue to play hard. We have a lot of talented guards and I think our press can work against anyone.
I hear they have a great team
i think mullins well beat belfry in their next game they play them if mullins hits their freethrows and plays good defence they well win no dout
playhard2 Wrote:i think mullins well beat belfry in their next game they play them if mullins hits their freethrows and plays good defence they well win no dout

If is a big word if Belfry would have made there layups we would have won by twenty-five.
well guess what they didnt
and if mullins would have made their freethrow and layups they would have won