•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
J. Rowland tweeted that their might be some potentionally good news for UK this morning and yet again we're gonna have to rely on LeeCoUKFan for this..
I hear Badet is going around telling people he's committing to UK. Don't know if true just what's going around...
Hearing UK got good news this morning, but will not be released until Signing Day.

UK commits Justin Day & Ramsey Meyers will be visiting next weekend

ATH Marqavius King-Shipman will also be visiting. I can't find anything on him on scout or rivals but ESPN & hudl has highlight videos of him.
I talked to my guy on twitter and he said that it was true that Badet is committing to UK. Blur this might be the good news you where talking about.
Strikeout King Wrote:I talked to my guy on twitter and he said that it was true that Badet is committing to UK. Blur this might be the good news you where talking about.

Could be it came from the recruiting liason Lance Reed. He said there was big news but it would not be announced until NSD. If so, I think it puts us in better position with Woulard. However, after hearing of Samples not having a good time at Oklahoma State it puts us in the driver's seat with him. Which I also thinks helps us with Woulard. So if we get Badet, & Samples, where does that leave us with Gibson & Timmons??? Would Stoops drop the scholarship offer from say DeAngelo Yancey?? Earlier in the week Neal Browns spoke with Yancey confirming his solid committment & he is scheduled to visit next weekend. But if we were to get Samples, Badet, & Timmons then there would be a logjam for committed receivers with Javess Blue committed, being one of Stoops guys & primed to be starter.

Reports are saying MacKenzie Alexander has committed to Mississippi State while on his trip to Starkville this weekend. If true, I can only assume that twin brother MacKenro & high school Deadrin Senat follow suit.
Woulard tweeted out a photo of him in a #3 Clemson, caption read I'm changing my number in college.

Nate Willis new twitter icon is him in a #1 UK jersey
Strikeout King Wrote:J. Rowland tweeted that their might be some potentionally good news for UK this morning and yet again we're gonna have to rely on LeeCoUKFan for this..

You make it sound like a bad thing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Linebacker Clark enjoys Bluegrass vibe on UK visit

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

Sebastian River (Fla.) linebacker James Clark felt right at home in the Bluegrass State over the weekend.

Kentucky doesn't have too many linebacker prospects on the radar but the Wildcats are very high on the 6-foot-2, 210-pound recruit from Florida.

"Everything was good," Clark said. "It was nice. I liked it a lot."

Much of the trip was exactly what you would expect on just about any official visit: Campus tours, seeing the sights in the city and rubbing shoulders with the coaches.

But the coaches also put a uniquely Kentucky stamp on the trip.

"(Saturday) we went to a Kentucky Derby kind of thing with championship horses," he said. "That was cool."

Avery Williamson was Clark's host and apparently did a good job of making him feel comfortable. Not too long ago Williamson was an out-of-state recruit visiting Lexington, so he probably knew exactly how to handle the situation.

"It was like I was back home," Clark said. "Everybody welcomed me there. They let me know all about the program and how it's going to be."

Clark said he was fascinated by the fact that 10 of the 13 official visitors were from the state of Florida, so he certainly wasn't alone.

"I knew one of them, Mackenro (Alexander), and we're pretty tight. He played in the North-South All-Star Game with me in Seabreeze."

Jimmy Brumbaugh is UK's lead recruiter for Clark. One of the things the three-star linebacker noticed was how well the staff got along. He believes that chemistry is something that will serve the program well in the coming years.

"They've got a nice bond," he said. "They're going to put a nice program together. They already have an offense. It's the defense they're really getting set up."

Clark doesn't have any other officials set but he said he wants to use as many as he can before he makes his decision. South Florida, Memphis and West Virginia are schools he could visit before Signing Day.

He admitted that prior to the official visit to Kentucky, Memphis was his top choice. But the UK visit was an eye-opener and now he's genuinely unsure of where he wants to land.

While Clark did not know his exact stats from his senior season he did say that he led the area in sacks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Blue Blur Wrote:Could be it came from the recruiting liason Lance Reed. He said there was big news but it would not be announced until NSD. If so, I think it puts us in better position with Woulard. However, after hearing of Samples not having a good time at Oklahoma State it puts us in the driver's seat with him. Which I also thinks helps us with Woulard. So if we get Badet, & Samples, where does that leave us with Gibson & Timmons??? Would Stoops drop the scholarship offer from say DeAngelo Yancey?? Earlier in the week Neal Browns spoke with Yancey confirming his solid committment & he is scheduled to visit next weekend. But if we were to get Samples, Badet, & Timmons then there would be a logjam for committed receivers with Javess Blue committed, being one of Stoops guys & primed to be starter.

Reports are saying MacKenzie Alexander has committed to Mississippi State while on his trip to Starkville this weekend. If true, I can only assume that twin brother MacKenro & high school Deadrin Senat follow suit.

J.Rowland @RowlandRIVALS So much for that RT @RivalsWoody Just confirmed directly with Mackensie Alexander that he has NOT committed to Mississippi State.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Woody Wommack @RivalsWoody 2013 4-star Rivals100 CB Mackensie Alexander also tells me the plan is for him to announce his decision on National Signing Day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Blue Blur Wrote:Woulard tweeted out a photo of him in a #3 Clemson, caption read I'm changing my number in college.

Nate Willis new twitter icon is him in a #1 UK jersey

[Image: https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_im...07887.jpeg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:You make it sound like a bad thing.

It's not it's actually a good thing.
Meant to post this article when it was first posted on KSR but, better late than never I guess.

Another Kentucky Football Recruiting Weekend Preview

by Rashawn Franklin @ 5:00 pm. Filed under Blue Blooded Opinions

We are one week removed from one of the biggest recruiting weekends in Kentucky Football history. This weekend, though there won’t be as many visitors, could be just as important a weekend for the program. Six prospects will make trips to Lexington to meet with the new coaching staff, talk football and tour the facilities. Here is a full list of prospects that you can expect to see around campus:

[Image: http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co...00x225.jpg]

Ryan Timmons – Wide Receiver; 5’11″, 190 lbs.; Frankfort, KY
Rivals: 3-Star, #59 WR
ESPN: 4-Star, #28 WR

At this point, Timmons is Kentucky’s to lose. He recently cancelled a visit to Ohio State, the school that was viewed as Kentucky’s biggest competition for his services. New offensive coordinator Neal Brown has spent a good bulk of his time in his new position courting Timmons, which tells you how big a commitment from him would be. Although he’s been on campus a couple of times before, this will be Timmons’ official visit to Kentucky. As far as his talent, this stat should tell you all you need to know: Timmons had 101 touches on offense (not counting ST) and accounted for 2230 yards and 42 TDs (h/t Brian Eldridge). The kid is a beast.

[Image: http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co...00x199.jpg]

Jeff Badet – Wide Receiver; 5’11″, 160 lbs.; Orlando, FL
Rivals: 3-Star
ESPN: 3-Star, #104 WR

Badet was formerly committed to South Florida, and along with Asiantii Woulard has decided to take a look at Kentucky the 2nd time around. He chose the Bulls over Boston College and Louisville originally but has recently narrowed his new list to Kentucky, Nebraska, NC State, and Wake Forest. Badet is a playmaker that is comfortable in the spread offense, posting 110 catches for 1,621 yards and 28 TD’s over his final 2 years of high school at Freedom High in Orlando. A commitment from Badet this weekend could go a long way in landing Woulard, who is said to be leaning away from Kentucky and towards Clemson.

[Image: http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co...00x217.png]

Marquez White – Cornerback; 6′ 1″, 170 lbs.; Dothan, AL
Rivals: 4-Star, #24 CB
ESPN: 4-Star, # 17 CB

White is a physical corner with great ball skills. He’s exceptional in run support and is always looking to put a vicious hit on the opposition. White has some characteristics that makes you think he could play safety at the next level but he looks very comfortable at the cornerback position. He’s currently committed to Florida State but a lot of the coaches that recruited him are no longer with the program. White tweeted this after Coach Stoops announced he was leaving Tallahassee for the Bluegrass state:

[Image: http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co...01/mw2.png]
A great weekend in Lexington could ultimately flip this kid’s commitment and that would be a huge get.

[Image: http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co...00x199.jpg]

Marcus McWilson– Safety; 6′ 0″, 195 lbs.; Youngstown, OH
Rivals: 4-Star, #16 S
ESPN: 3-Star, # 40 S

McWilson has numerous ties to Kentucky’s staff. He is from Youngstown, OH — where the Stoops family is from. He goes to Cardinal Mooney — where Mark and Bob Stoops attended high school. And finally, he is a current Nebraska commit, a place from where tight ends coach Vince Marrow is coming (Marrow is also from Youngstown and went to Mooney). All of this makes Kentucky an obvious candidate for his services and a real contender on signing day.

[Image: http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co...1/maka.jpg]

David Maka– OG/DT; 6′ 3″, 315 lbs.; Tustin, CA
Rivals: 4-Star, #13 C
ESPN: 3-Star, # 72 DT

Stoops frequently visited Tustin High School as the defensive coordinator at Arizona. That previous connection could ultimately land Maka. Maka plays both sides of the ball, but projects to defensive tackle at Kentucky. Maka is said to be leaning towards committing to the Wildcats if he has a great weekend in Lexington. He is also considering UCLA and Utah.

[Image: http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co...00x208.jpg]

David Kamara– CB; 5’11″, 180lbs.; Loganville, GA
Rivals: 3-Star,
ESPN: 3-Star, # 81 CB

Even if Kamara isn’t bringing teammate Robert Nkemdiche with him, Kentucky is happy to have him visit. Kamara was a former Ole Miss commit but decommitted to explore other options. His film displays a corner that is always in great position, has fluid hips, and attacks the ball at its highest point. To me, he looks a little better than a 3-star prospect. Along with Kentucky, he is considering Ole Miss, Clemson and Illinois.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=125691
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would really like to see josh clemons and darryl collins be healthy and get a little more playing time. They both showed that they could both be very explosive. Big things at commonwealth
I got my season ticket renewal email a few days ago.... I can't wait.

This will be my 7th year having season tickets. And there is no question I'm more excited about this year than any of the previous years.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:You make it sound like a bad thing.

Most definitely not, we greatly appreciate you & sharing with us. Usually I'm looking forward to see what you have to share with us. So I'd like to personally thank you.
Antoine Miles has reportedly committed to Purdue.
LeeCoUKFan what's the latest on Jojo Kemp?
Drew Barker & Nacarius Fant planning a visit to UK together, I'd imagine Mikel Horton will come with them.

Woulard announced he would let his decision known on National Signing Day.
Woulard's friend Kyrin Priester has committed to Clemson

Hatcher said that his USC offical was official, whatever that means

Samples tweeted a pic of him & other commits in Oklahoma State jerseys
You guys need to get off of twitter for a while.
haha I haven't been on twitter that much lately.

I'm skeptical on Woulard
Woulard is a Clemson Tiger IMHO.
Strikeout King Wrote:LeeCoUKFan what's the latest on Jojo Kemp?

UK among final options for running back Kemp

Justin Rowland

Jojo Kemp knows the Kentucky coaches want him in blue and white next year and badly. But there are other schools that are saying the same thing.

Kemp's list of favorites has been a state of flux in recent weeks but two schools, Kentucky and Pitt, have been constants. On Sunday the near four-star running back told Cats Illustrated that those two schools are starting to separate themselves from the pack.

"Yeah, I'm probably leaning towards Kentucky and Pittsburgh," Kemp said. "The only difference between them is the style of offense. I'm trying to decide whether I want to play in the same offense as my high school or a pro-style. It's confusing. It's just going to come down to whatever God puts in front of me."

Kemp had planned to take an official visit to Tennessee this weekend but he's no longer sure if he will do that. There have been rumblings that he could visit South Florida but that's not finalized either.

Kentucky, Pitt and West Virginia have sent coaches by for in-home visits. Chad Scott has been by from Kentucky but recently head coach Mark Stoops visited as well.

"Coach Scott told me he was from Florida and went up there and wore number four and he wants me to do the same thing," he said. "He was a freshman All-American there. Coach Stoops said he wants me, too. He was here on Wednesday. I think (Scott) is planning on coming by again but I don't know the exact date."

Kemp said he will release his 'final' list of finalists on Tuesday and it's probably safe to say the Wildcats and Panthers will make the cut.

Jaleel Hytchye has been one of UK's best recruiters since committing to UK and he was able to speak with Kemp over the phone while unofficially visiting Kentucky over the weekend.

"He told me I should go somewhere I can be the man," Kemp said.

Kemp's high school runs a spread offense with a lot of pistol, which is more similar to what UK will run than Pittsburgh.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1462292
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Blue Blur Wrote:Woulard is a Clemson Tiger IMHO.

I think you are right too, especially after this tweet.

Asiantii Woulard @AW_QB2 Clemson #3 jersey, switching my number in college!
[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA_9xYhCMAAX71s.jpg:large]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Two 4* teammates from FL will be making a visit to UK. James Hearns who is already committed to UF & Taj Williams. Rivals is tweeting Hearns could be flipped to UK. I can't read the thread because I'm not a member. Anyone else has more detailed info.?
4* DT Derrick Calloway flipped his committment to Louisville to USF, after visiting Louisville over the weekend.

4* RB Jordan Wilkins has decommitted from Auburn after visiting Ole Miss this weekend, & he's scheduled to visit Vandy next weekend.

Timmons has offers from Florida, Missouri, UK but OSU still in his top 4 & all 4 are coming to visit for in-home visits this week. Hearing he may be ready to end the recruiting process.
Kentucky in the mix with Florida, Auburn for Hearns

Justin Rowland

Talk about it in The House of Blue
Usually it's a program like Florida that brings in recruits committed to other schools at the last minute in the hopes of flipping them. In at least one case the tables are turned.

Four-star Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln inside linebacker James Hearns has been committed to Florida for almost a year but Mark Stoops and his staff have convinced him to visit Kentucky.

Hearns had originally planned to graduate in December and enroll in college in January but those plans have obviously changed. That could be to Kentucky's benefit.

Hearns visited Auburn this weekend and the Tigers showed him a good time.

"It went well," Hearns said of Auburn. "It's a nice place. They're kinda in the same place Kentucky is in with a new coaching staff trying to turn things about."

He's very excited about the Kentucky visit and you can hear it in his voice when he talks about the Wildcats.

"Coach Stoops took over as the head coach there and with him being from Florida State, I know him," Hearns said. "FSU is right here in my hometown and he's been recruiting me since I was a freshman.

"He's trying to rebuild a program and he needs good players to do that. He reached out to me and the stuff he's touched on with me is really good stuff. He's brought up some valuable points about Kentucky."

Such as?

"Playing time but also just the chance to be a part of rebuilding a team," Hearns said. "So many teams out there are already established. Alabama, for instance. They're going to be top five every year. It's very rare for you to get a chance to come in and play early a school and also help turn the program around. Coming in the same year as the coaches, it could be a good fit."

Hearns admitted that entire angle Stoops has been selling is something that resonates with him.

"It really does," he said. "It sounds like something special."

Hearns will be at Kentucky this coming weekend and Florida the weekend after that. In fact, his official visit to Gainesville falls on the one-year anniversary of his commitment to the Gators in 2012.

How solid is Hearns with Florida?

"I couldn't even answer that to tell you the truth," he said. "It's nothing in particular that's turned me off. It's just that now Signing Day is coming up I'm making sure I made the right decision. I'm hearing other people out and also getting a chance to see what other schools have to offer."

When Cats Illustrated asked Hearns to list all of the schools that are still in the mix he named Auburn, UK and Florida.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1462437
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We have a 44th ranked recruiting class, and while that is very good for us, that is still 13th out of the 14 SEC teams..

We still need to get some big commitments if we want to have a true SEC caliber class.
[Image:

]
J.Rowland ‏@RowlandRIVALS #UK having in-home with four-star #OKState WR commit Ra'Shaad Samples. #Cats quietly confident.
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next