Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 65 - Hazard 46
Final.
Congrats Commodores and Coach Spurlock.
Sounded like Beverly played unreal. Big win for PC
They Perry looked like a totally different team tonight and Johnson did nt play a half did Johnson score? Braxton and Daughton looked very good I was wrong and Hazard looked out of sink tonight. Good win for coach Spurlock and Perry. Should be another good one tomarrow against Knott County. Perry bench played well also tonight.
I picked PC to win but never expected it to be this margin. Braxton and Cornett played HUGE tonight. Braxton simply put the dores on his shoulders, shot the ball a lot better tonight and Cornett was a beast the bigs from Hazard struggled with him all night, several and 1s and two nice dunks (one tip jam). Good to see the role players doing better tonight (Fugate, Pray, and Beatty). It should be a good game tomorrow night.
Pray and Fugate played very well for the Commodores. Cornett played very well and PCC did a nice job at getting him the ball.
PCC looked really good tonight. Congrats.
Beverly played well because Hazard tried to press PCC end of story he thrives in the open court. Cornett played like a man very fundamental and took the ball up strong. The bulldogs did not like PCC's 1-2-2 zone it killed them. Somehow the Commodores managed to guard the post and the 3 point line with this defense. Hazard sorely missed Hollan because of his ability to drive and break down a zone. Great win for the Commodores but I don't think they will blow out the Dawgs again. I do think if Beverly plays this well KCC is in trouble tommorow because Hall cannot handle PCC's bigs by himself.
Shout out to Brax and Dalton for monster games...

And unless you saw this one you don't understand...

Braxton Beverly did whatever he wanted to do.
Floaters, layups, 3s, mid range, drive, pass....
He did it all.

Johnson's stat line according to my tally was 0 points, 1 rebound, 4 fouls.
He picked up 2 late first quarter and 2 more early in the 3rd.

I don't want to get into conspiracy theories...
but with his swift exit from the 15th Region he may not have gotten a lot of love from these 15th Region refs lol
Only one of his fouls was defensive - 2 charges and an over-the-back.

Can't wait to see the two best teams in the mountains duke it out tomorrow at the classic!
Congrats to Coach Spurlock and his team...

Perry controlled the game from start to finish!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think both teams should be commended for their good sportsmanship in this game and hopefully the administrations of both schools can see that these teams need to play in the regular season. It makes mountain basketball better when teams like this play each other.
zaga_fan Wrote:Shout out to Brax and Dalton for monster games...

And unless you saw this one you don't understand...

Braxton Beverly did whatever he wanted to do.
Floaters, layups, 3s, mid range, drive, pass....
He did it all.

Johnson's stat line according to my tally was 0 points, 1 rebound, 4 fouls.
He picked up 2 late first quarter and 2 more early in the 3rd.

I don't want to get into conspiracy theories...
but with his swift exit from the 15th Region he may not have gotten a lot of love from these 15th Region refs lol
Only one of his fouls was defensive - 2 charges and an over-the-back.

Can't wait to see the two best teams in the mountains duke it out tomorrow at the classic!

Refs were not from the 15th. They were from the bluegrass region (Lexington). Lot of offensive fouls called.
Doctor J Wrote:Refs were not from the 15th. They were from the bluegrass region (Lexington). Lot of offensive fouls called.

All refs from the WYMT tournament are from the 13th 14th and 15th Region.

I'll check my sources and get you a definite answer in the event that I'm wrong...
I'm at WYMT right now and the sports guys are coming off the set in just a minute Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:All refs from the WYMT tournament are from the 13th 14th and 15th Region.

I'll check my sources and get you a definite answer in the event that I'm wrong...
I'm at WYMT right now and the sports guys are coming off the set in just a minute Wink

We have one crew that is from up that way in the even that the other refs can't make it...

so I concede to you on this one.

There is a possibility that the refs were from Lexington.

My apologies
zaga_fan Wrote:All refs from the WYMT tournament are from the 13th 14th and 15th Region.

TV commentators said several times that the officials were from the Bluegrass Association.
I heard that buses were being rocked in the parking lot after the game...

anyone hear that?
Ballers Wrote:Your a Hazard fan and you think PCC will win?
Dude your crazy.
Hazard by 15 - at least.

yep
Finally got to see johnson play but very disappointing. I thought perry played very good. Right now Cornette is the go to man inisde. People can argue with me all they want but I dont see johnson as division I. Tomorrow should be a good one with beverly and justice.
zaga_fan Wrote:yep

I wore my shorts and hoopn shoes tonight and was getting loose during the 2nd quarter of the game!!! Lol, where u at tonight BALLERS????? I know you have got something to say about the game!!!!
bballfan2 Wrote:Finally got to see johnson play but very disappointing. I thought perry played very good. Right now Cornette is the go to man inisde. People can argue with me all they want but I dont see johnson as division I. Tomorrow should be a good one with beverly and justice.

Don't take anything from this game, Johnson call ball. If he is able to play tomorrow I think you will see exactly what I'm telling you. He is the BEST rebounder I've ever seen in high school and has a motor that never stops.
Johnson took a nasty spill tonight
He will be sore tomorrow and Pray will be coming back from representing the state in the Border Bowl

Hopefully both of this guys are close to 100% tomorrow
I just got to watch the first half. For some reason my DVR just taped up to that point.
But from what I saw is Perry's size really bothered Hazard, and that was with Johnson not getting to play very much (looked like he got a hip pointer early on the game). As long as Perry can get play out of Beverly and Cornett that they got last night they're going to be hard to beat. Evan Hall has his hands full tonight.

This game really surprised me. I had no idea Perry could beat Hazard this bad. The Bulldogs sorely need a Hollon back in the lineup. But even he might not help enough to defeat the Commodores.
Refs were from the Bluegrass Assoc. All games should either be reffed by them or the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions. JMO

Game should be played between these two. Everyone would benefit from watching it.

Good luck to KCC and PCC tonight.
All I can say is ouch.
Great great showing my the Dores..
Just when I thought they wasn't going to show up, they show up and kick the door in.

This is the first whoopin' Hazard has gotten all year, and it just had to be this game!

:rage:
^Can someone explain to me WHY Al kept trying to press the Dores??
KHSAA12 Wrote:^Can someone explain to me WHY Al kept trying to press the Dores??

He started really bringing the pressure from the start of the 2nd quarter till the finish. He had to tho. Hazard dug themselves the hole early, they had to speed up the game and try to force turnovers to get back into the game. Hazard got off to a slow start and a zone defense, Big Al didn't stay in that defense for long because of the early lead PCC had. Now they did force PCC into some turnovers including Beverly, but it's hard to press him and play him man to man. Beverly picked apart that man to man defense. If Hazard comes ready to play I believe Big Al doesn't press until he absolutely has to.

First post in probably over a year, been to busy doing homework here at UK.
^After Beverly broke it the first three times i would have just pulled back after that. Hazard misses Hollan, but the dawgs teetered on a 30 point beat down all night. They just looked rattled.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^After Beverly broke it the first three times i would have just pulled back after that. Hazard misses Hollan, but the dawgs teetered on a 30 point beat down all night. They just looked rattled.

If their bigs hadn't been in such foul trouble may have been worse. Hazard did look rattled. Not characteristic of a Big AL coached team. Actually Johnson played very little of the game. I have said on here before with Beverly and the bigs they have they are going to be a tough out for anyone. If one big is not playing well chances are the other will. And with a good point guard to distribute the ball and run the team they are hard to stop. Also PCC does seem to step up in the big games. They have played a quality schedule all year and are getting better. Their best perimeter shooter the Hill kid has been out for about three weeks with a hand injury looks to be back soon. Shot the ball well early in season. Did not play at all in Republic Bank Classic. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Everyone took it personal amazing game Justin is better then Chris Hudson